Are you rushing about? Trying to get those presents wrapped and cookies baked? Don’t forget to take a moment to slow down and enjoy the festivities around you. I appreciate each and every one of you, more than know. I’ve got some Christmas wishes for you.
Thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of your life through my crafting. Teaching and sharing makes my heart happy. Reading your comments, receiving your cards and sharing in your excitement, over a completed project, is extremely important to me. In the spirit of that sharing, I’m including the recipe to my Christmas Cranberry Chutney. Hope you decide to give it a try and include it on your holiday table. My family thinks it is the BOMB!!
Susan’s Christmas Cranberry Chutney
- 1 Cup fresh squeezed orange juice (mine comes from our farm, of course)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package of fresh cranberries
- 1 Cup pulled and chopped apples (I like to use Fuji or Honeycrisp)
- 3/4 Cup of fresh chunks of Pineapple
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Cup toasted pecans
- In a medium saucepan combine the orange juice and the coconut sugar. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Be sure all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the cranberries and allow them to start popping before adding in the next batch of ingredients.
- Add the apple, pineapple, raisins and spices. Bring to a boil, then lower the fire and simmer gently for about 10 minutes stirring often. Your kitchen will smell so wonderful. The sauce will become thick.
- Add in the chopped toasted pecans and stir them through the sauce. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- You can serve warm or cold. Both temps taste fantastic.
Some of my family members not only put this on their entree plate to enjoy with their turkey, but they also love it on top of my Dad’s homemade cheesecake.
Do you have some Christmas Wishes you’ve been thinking about? Don’t forget to share them with those around you. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!