My Annual Christmas Keepsake Ornament is one of my favorite projects of the year. I love thinking about it, letting the ideas spin in my head. This year when I saw the Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper I knew that the Christmas Keepsake Ornament would contain some of those little characters.
I love the way the cute little elf is peeking out wishing us all a Happy Christmas. Snow globes are so Christmas, and I think the ornament depicts that. Finding the ornaments was a little challenge. I bought one at the Dollar Tree and waited too long to get the ones I needed for my sold out class. Ouch!!! Thank goodness I found a replacement at Factory Direct Craft. If you’re on the hunt for one, it’s item #30006631.
Lovely as a Tree is the oldest stamp set we currently have in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. That’s the one I used to stamp the tree. It was the perfect size and shape to fill in behind Santa and his Sleigh.
The sweet little snowflakes are from the November Snowflake Showcase promotion. And sadly that promo is over. But, if you want to create this one, you can substitute any snowflakes you have in your stash.
Our silver metallic edge ribbon looks lovely sitting atop Santa’s snowy scene. I promised I would give everyone the measurements of my bow maker. That little tool makes creating bows a breeze.
Here are the measurements for this handy little tool,
- 2 1/4″ wide and 3 1/2″ tall – cut a piece of heavy chipboard
- Cover the chip board, front and back with your choice of designer series paper
- Each post is 3/4″ wide and 1″ deep.
- The vacant space between the posts is 3/4″ wide
- Once you’ve cut the posts, you can put a couple of coats of decoupage on the front and back. This will help keep the DSP in tack and the ribbon to slide off the posts a little easier.
Would you like to see this little tool in action. And not only that, get a FREE tutorial on the Christmas Keepsake Ornament. Merry Christmas, here you go.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Santa’s Workshop DSP – One Santa in a Sleigh and one Elf carrying a gift
- Snowflakes – Silver Foil
- Springs – Silver Foil – punch four using the Sprig Punch
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Braces – Thick Whisper White CS – 1″ x 3″ score on the 1″ side at 1/2″, cut four braces for the characters
- Base inside bottom of ornament – Whisper White CS – punch one 2″ circle
- Ribbon – Silver Metallic Edge – 1 yard
- Faceted Gems – Clear, one small
- Pearls – White, 5 small
Here’s a list of the supplies used in the project. If you need anything, I would appreciate your business.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!