Time to create some quick, easy and yes WOW Christmas Cards. The Christmas Gleaming Suite on pages 30-32 of the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog is where you’ll want to go. The bundle alone includes not just one but two fabulous punches. Because the catalog is a treasure of ideas, you’ll want to CASE all the projects on page 30. But, today, I’ve made it really easy with my WOW Card Sketch #1 that features the Christmas Gleaming suite.
What’s so great about a WOW Card Sketch? It gets your mojo going. It’s easy to adapt to any occasion or set. I’ve used this sketch to create my Christmas Gleaming card.
Did you catch my first card that I created with the sketch? Totally different, but just as beautiful. I’ld love to share how you can take it up a notch with the sketch. I’m adding in some copper embossing and a cute technique on the berries in the holly stamp.
Ok, first off, could that paper be any more beautiful. The Brightly Gleaming DSP has been sooooo popular and on backorder a couple of times. As of this writing, it is currently in stock. But, don’t wait, add a pack or two to your next order. You’ll thank me later.
Because I used our new Shimmery Crystal Effects on the holly berries, they have loads of dimension and shine. They look so realistic and makes the focal image that much more exciting.
To finish off the inside of the card, I stamped that beautiful border in Cherry Cobbler and the sentiment in Old Olive. I love the ease of coordination in Stampin’ Up!’s product line. You can’t go wrong! As always, I’ve got a FREE video for you. Be sure to subscribe to my channel today!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Old Olive CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Mats – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – three @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Label – One each in Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from Roses Dies set. Emboss the Cherry Cobbler die cut with the Tufted Embossing Folder.
- Ornament, Holly, Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, run embossing buddy over the surface of the card stock. Stamp all images in Versa Mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Color the Holly image with the Dark Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. Apply the Shimmery Crystal Effects to the Berries. Allow the image to dry completely. Fussy cut the image. Fussy cut the sentiment and punch the ornament.
- Sentiment Mat – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 1/2″
- Sprigs – Copper Foil Paper – two @ 2″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Frosted Bouquet.
Christmas Gleaming Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!