In gift giving, presentation is everything! Have a special someone on your list? We all do. I’ll bet they would be blown away with this fabulous Christmas Explosion Box. It’s a great size to add your special gift, gift cards or even some cash. And who doesn’t love that.
I’ve used the fabulous Frosted Foliage bundle in the Feels Like Frost Suite. Be sure to check out all the fantastic goodies on pages 40-42. My Christmas Explosion Box color palette came from the Toile Tidings Designer Series Paper. I chose Real Red, Very Vanilla, Garden Green, with hints of Gold Foil. Can’t get too much more Christmas than that.
By using the large die from the Frosted Frames set, I was able to create a pretty dramatic focal image. My Christmas Explosion Box can be used for anyone on your list. I don’t think you would say it’s feminine or masculine. Just plain pretty!
To create the sweet flowers, I used the Floral Essence bundle. The shape and color reminds me of mini poinsettias.That’s a great set that can be found in the Annual Catalog. Because I used my crimper, it was easy to create veined leaves with texture and interest. I just love that little trick.
Starting off with a piece of 12″ x 12″ Real Red card stock, I scored all four sides of the box base at 4″. This gives you nine equal squares. Two of which, you can create mini pockets to hold your Christmas treasures. I’ve decorated mine with Christmas greetings, but you could also attach a gift card or cash.
Want to create one? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to teach you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Box Base – Real Red CS – 12″ x 12″, scored on all four sides at 4″. Be sure to refer to the video for cutting and trimming the pockets.
- Box Lid – Real Red CS – 61 /8″ x 6 1/8″, scored on all four sides at 1″. Be sure to refer to the video for cutting and trimming.
- Lid Mats – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″ and four @ 3/4″ x 3 7/8″, all embossed with the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder.
- Outside Mats – Very Vanilla CS – four @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, all embossed with the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder.
- Inside Mats – Very Vanilla CS – three @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, one embossed with the Country Floral embossing folder and two embossed with the Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder.
- DSP Mats – Toile Tidings DSP – two @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut on the diagonal.
- Pocket Inserts – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, punch all corners of each with the Detailed Trio Punch. Stamp the sentiments in Real Red.
- DSP Circles – Toile Tidings DSP – punch two 1 1/2″ circles.
- Top Sentiment – Gold Foil Sheet – 4″ x 5″, cut with the die from Frosted Frames. Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Frosted Frames. Stamp the sentiment in Real Red.
- Snowflakes – Gold Foil Sheet – 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut two sets with the die from Frosted Frames.
- Flowers – Real Red CS – 2″ x 11″, stamp 6 images in Real Red with the stamp from Floral Essence. Punch with the Perennial Flower punch.
- Leaves – Garden Green CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score each at 3/4″. Run through the crimper and cut 1/2 moon shapes on the fold. You will need 3 for each flower.
- Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots – Real Real – 3, one each size.
- Faceted Gems – two clear, large.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!