Spring has sprung! A few days ago I saw a report about fields of wild poppies blooming in California. That’s what inspired today’s center box fold poppy garden card.
Stick with me, I promise this card is not difficult at all. I’lll be showing you some easy short cuts to make this one of your new favorite fancy folds. Let’s start off with the card front.
Remember that field of poppies I mentioned at the beginning? Doesn’t this background paper remind you of those fields? Poppies come in lots of colors, and I wanted to show that off as well.
Voila, open that pretty card and the sweet little center box fold opens up to reveal the poppy garden. To create the garden, I used the Peaceful Poppies Elements. The element package contains 8 sheets total, two sheets printed black elements, two sheets printed thick cardstock, 2 sheets printed vellum and two sheets watercolor paper.
Inside the center box fold, you’ll find four little platforms to build the poppy garden. But the magic of it all, is that the card still lies flat. Because the fold has enough room for two more panels, I decided to incorporate even more beautiful poppies, designer series paper and some lovely sentiments to boot.
Similarly, you always want to include an area to include a handwritten message. Turn your card over and there is an entire panel to decorate and use for that purpose.
Are you ready to see how easy it is to create this center box fold. I’ve got some tips and tricks to make this super easy and enjoyable.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 11″, score on the 11″ side at 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″ nd 8 1/4″. Turn to the 8 1/2″ side and cut in 1/2 at 4 1/4.
- Choose one of the panels as your front panel. Cut the windows in the two center panels with the 3rd largest die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set.
- Stitched Rectangles – Whisper White CS – Maintain the cut outs to use as your sentiment panels.
- Center Box Fold Platforms – Thick Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3″, on the 3 3/4″ side score both ends at 1/2″. Cut four strips at 3/4″ each.
- Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – four @ 2 1/2″ x 4″, one ! 4″ x 5 1/4
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Peaceful Poppies DSP – Front mat, one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″, side mats, two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, window box mats, two @ 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, center mats, two @ 2 1/2″ x 4″.
- Poppies – Blackberry Bliss CS – two @ 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 3″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Poppy Momets dies.
- Poppies – Rich Razzleberry CS – two @ 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 3″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the dies from the Poppy Momets dies.
- Poppy Centers – Basic Black CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut one large and two small centers with the dies from the Poppy Momets dies.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 1 1/2″ x 8″, stamp four of the leaves from the Painted Poppies set in Mossy Meadow. Die cut with the dies from the Poppy Momets dies.
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS and Old Olive CS – one each @ 1 3/4″ x 7 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Poppy Momets dies.
- Box Accent Trim – Blackberry Bliss CS – two @ 1″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Painted Labels dies.
- Butterflies – Peaceful Poppies DSP – 3/4″ x 8″, punch five small butterflies with the Butterfly Duet punch.
Center Box Card Poppy Garden Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you give this one a try. I think you will surprise yourself. Until next time, Create Someting Beautiful!