Cauldrons Bubble, broomsticks twitch; what a night to be a witch. Rusty Rischer It’s almost Happy Halloween time. I thought we could create this Cauldron Bubble fancy fold together. A big shout out to fellow demonstrator, Dawn Griffith, for highlighting this double flap fun fold in a recent YouTube video. When I saw the video, I knew I wanted to put my spin on it and use the new Halloween bundle, Cauldron Bubble.
I’m about as happy as a witch in a broom factory with the way this card turned out. Love all the coordinating products Stampin’ Up! included in this suite. The Toil & Trouble DSP has 6 designs in the package. But beware, it will hard for you to decide which side of the paper to use. So why not, put two packages in your cart! I did think those super cute ghosts were a great choice for this cute card though.
I colored all the images with our fantastic Stampin’ Blends. In the “here’s how the magic happens” section at the bottom of this post, I’ll have a coloring legend for you. That’s just in case you would like to use all my coloring choices.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any cuter, untying the bow reveals the little cauldron bubble scene inside the first fold. Don’t you just love that new Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder? I even stepped it up a notch with our Champagne Shimmer Mist. I placed a few drops in a Stampin’ Mister, filled it with 70% rubbing alcohol, gave it a shake and spritzed away. Instant shimmer and shine on both of the embossed panels.
I think the best way to attach the cute spider web is to back your cardstock, prior to die cutting, with the multipurpose adhesive sheet. Then when you die cut, you’ve created a spider web sticker. So much easier to attach to your card, no glue needed, hooray!
When you open the main panel of the card, it reveals your sentiment and lots of space for you to write a special message to your sweet little ghoul or goblin.
Stamping the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink insures no bleeding when you color with the Stampin’ Blends. Just be sure to let everything dry throughly and have a silicone craft mat under your card stock to protect your work surface.
Sit back and relax, while I teach you how to put this cutie together in my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic Black CS – 10″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and 8 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp the Happy Halloween and Gorgeous Grape and the stars in Granny Apple Green.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – one @4″ 5 1/4″ and one @ 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mats – Toil & Trouble – one @ 3 3/4″ x 5″ and one @ 1″ x 5″, ink the edges of both in Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Note Card – Thick Whisper White CS – 7″ x 3 1/2″, scored at 3 1/2″
- Note Card Mats – Granny Apple Green CS – two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and one @ 3″ x 3″. Emboss one of the 3 1/4″ x3 1/4″ and the 3″ x 3″ mat with the Swirls and Curls embossing folder. Basic Black CS – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Spider Web – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, back with multipurpose adhesive sheet, die cut with the spider web die.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, stamp the witch, broom and cauldron in Memento Tuxedo Black, allow to dry. Stamp the trick or treat and the Bubble Bubble, Toil and Trouble in Gorgeous Grape ink. Punch the trick or treat with the 1″ circle punch. Hand cut and divide the other sentiment.
- Scallop Circle – Gorgeous Grape CS – punch one 1 1/8″ Scallop Circle
- Ribbon – 26″, one piece @ 11″ and the other @15″
Coloring Legend – Witch & Broom
- Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend – hair, band on hat and socks, and accents on apron. Straw on the broom.
- Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blend – hat, cape and shoes. After coloring highlight with wink of stella
- Light Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend – dress
- Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend – cuffs on dress
- Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend – band on socks and apron
- Ivory Stampin’ Blend – hands and face
- Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend – Broom Handle
Coloring Legend – Cauldron
- Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blend – cauldron
- Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend – bubbles
- Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend – parts of the fire and handles on the cauldron
- Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend – parts of the fire
- Wink of Stella on cauldron and bubbles
If you need any supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!