Let’s start with Happy Thoughts. Did you know that one positive thought, in the morning, can change your entire day. Why not share that with someone special? Today’s project is filled with a trio of Happy Thought cards for three different occasions.
It was exciting to see a new greeting set in the Jan-June Mini Catalog. Not only does the Happy Thought set contain great greetings for the outside of your cards, but those special little sentiments for the inside as well. Let’s start things off with the sweet thinking of you card.
The color palette for this and the other two cards in today’s cardmaking lesson is filled with Night of Navy, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray, Soft Seafoam, Old Olive and Whisper White. Needless to say, you’ll find all those yummy colors in the Paper Blooms DSP. You can earn this 12″ x 12″ paper stack for FREE with a qualifying order. Don’t wait though, Sale-a-Bration ends February 28, 2021.
To create the focal mat, I cut three 1″ x 4″ strips, keeping them in a continuous pattern.
Because I spritzed and crumpled the small bloom images, I was able to create a texture filled little embellishment.
Then I chose one of the coordinating greetings for the inside of the card. I can’t wait to send this card to someone on my list. Next up, a thank you card, because I always need those.
In this card, I’ll teach you a little tip on the Rococo Rose scalloped ribbon. I love that stuff.
You’ll fall in love with the dies in the Perennial Petals Die set. There are 23 dies in the set. But don’t forget to purchase the bundle and save 10%.
I love the greeting on this one. The mix of the fonts is so on trend. Well, it’s January, so that means we need to restock our birthday card stash.
I think you could send this Happy Thoughts card to almost anyone on your list. It’s fun, fresh, bright and oh so happy!!
I’m lovin’ all the texture and interest on this one. What do you think?
Ready to see how easy these come together? Well, not only do I have a FREE video tutorial for you, but a downloadable PDF as well. Right under the video, just click the link.
Happy Thoughts PDF – click the link below to download
Happy Thoughts Trio
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any of the supplies you need to complete today’s project. If you purchase the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine by January 31, 2021, your name will be entered in my prize drawing. Be sure to use my host code, VBU6WHSE.What am I giving away? On February 1, 2021, I’ll draw the luck winner for a full size Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine. Woohoo!!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The new Vine Design bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Jan-June Mini Catalog was calling out for some love. Best way to highlight that fabulous bundle is with a few techniques. Wait until you see what I’ve done with the Gilded Leafing. I think you’ll love it.
If you are a little bit of a technique junky, I think you are really going to enjoy today’s project. There’s a little gilded leafing, background stamping, dry embossing and little touches of glitz here and there.
First thing first, have you swooned over that die cut yet? The Vine Design bundle has a fabulous set of dies that contain not one, but three intricate dies. Each one has a different shape, but they are all lovely.
By applying versa mark on the die cut, then sprinkling it with Heat & Emboss Powder, I has able to create a sticky surface for the gilded leafing. That stuff is magic. And the one pot will last you a long time. This is just the first idea I’ve had, but I’ve got so much more to share with you.
You can even stamp with versa mark, apply the heat and stick and voila you’re able to gild that as well.
Because the Vine Design bundle has four different sentiment dies, you’ll be pulling this one from your stash over and over again. Watch how easy it is to work with the Gilded Leafing.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4.
- Mats – Gray Granite CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed/Stamped Mat – Seaside Spray CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the background in Seaside Spray and then emboss with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Calypso Coral CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, flag both ends. Basic White CS – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamped in Early Espresso. Die cut with the die from the set.
- Flowers – Basic White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamped in Calypso Coral and cut with the die from the set.
- Sprigs – Old Olive CS – scraps – punch 6 tips with the Sprig Punch.
- Focal Image – Thick Basic White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the set. Apply versa mark, sprinkle with heat and stick, set with a heat tool. Apply the gilded leafing and burnish.
- Envelope – Basic White – stamp in Seaside Spray
- Champagne Rhinestones – 3 large
- Forever Greenery Ribbon Pack – cording, about 12″
Vine Design with Gilded Leafing Product List
Wasn’t that fun? Stay tuned I’ve got another technique up my sleeve. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Springtime is certainly coming, but Sale-a-Bration is here. This sweet berry delightful card is perfect for a special friend. It’s happy, colorful and easy to create. The designer series paper is certainly the star of the show and you can earn it for FREE!
By using both the Sweet Strawberry bundle and the Berry Blessings stamp set, I think I’ve created a happy card. By placing a $100 (before tax and shipping), you can choose both the Berry Blessings stamp set and the Berry Delightful DSP for FREE.
Those berries look so realistic and are easy to create with a two-step set and coordinating punch. Did you notice the detail in the background? There’s a set of two embossing folders in the Annual Catalog, Little Details, that tied the design together. They fit perfectly in our new Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Don’t forget, I’ve got a fabulous giveaway you won’t want to miss.
Even the image from the Detailed Trio punch reminds me of little strawberry seeds. But wait, it gets better. In the next blog post and video I’ll teach you how to create a matching strawberry shortcake treat holder.
Super cute, right? Well, let’s get to creating this berry delightful card before we get ahead of ourselves.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Granny Apple Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Poppy Parade CS – 4″ x 4″
- DSP Mat – Berry Delightful DSP – 3 1/2″ x 4″
- Focal Mat – Basic Black CS – 2 5/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Embossed Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, emboss the top section with the Little Details embossing folder.
- Banners – Berry Delightful DSP – two in pattern #1 @ 1″ x 3″, one in pattern #2 @ 1″ x 3″
- Stamped Images – Basic White CS
- Berries – 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stems – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Leaves – 1 1/2″ x 7″
- Accent Band – Berry Delightful DSP – 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, punched with the Detailed Trio punch
Berry Delightful Card Product List
Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow when I’ll publish the stinkin’ cute Strawberry Shortcake Treat Box. Until Next time, Create Something Beautiful!
This nature inspired girl has fallen in love with the new, soon to be released, Dragonfly Garden Bundle from Stampin’ Up! It a 9-piece cling stamp set with coordinating Dragonflies Punch. That makes creating quick and easy.
But wait there’s so much more to share. The Dragonfly Garden bundle is just part of the fabulous Dandy Garden Suite. It’s a mega suite filled with two bundles, beautiful designer series paper, fun ladybug embellishments, Memory and More Cards and stunning laser-cut paper.
Because the designer series paper contains images that match the dragonflies punch, your cardmaking just got a whole lot easier. Leave it to Stampin’ Up! to think of those kinds of details when developing toys for us to play with.
One of my favorites in the upcoming 2021 Jan-June Mini Catalog is the fantastic Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder. That one is a part of the Fine Art Floral Suite, but as you can see goes very well with this one too.
With a rich color palette of Blackberry Bliss, Bumblebee and Mossy Meadow, the images and elements all pop. That brings so much interest to this card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss one with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder
- DSP Accents – Dandy Garden DSP – one @ 1″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Circle – Bumblebee CS – punch one 2 1/4″ circle, emboss with the Greenery Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 2″ x 2 3/4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Dragonfly – Dandy Garden DSP – punch one dragonfly with the Dragonflies Punch
Need a catalog? Don’t have a demonstrator? I would love to earn your business. Contact me here, and I’ll send you the new 2021 Jan-June Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure.
Dragonfly Garden – Soon to be Released – January 5
- Dragonfly Garden Bundle #156224
- Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – #154297
- Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder #154317
- Ladybug Trinkets #154299
Scoop these up now – all those listed below are currently available.
Stay tuned, I’ve got a fancy fold to share with you next time. I’ve created a beautiful bridge fold with the second bundle in the suite, Garden Wishes. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The Sliding Gatefold was the perfect fancy fold to showcase some very special paper. I am very happy and proud to annouce my collaboration with Ruth Trice, with Artful Stampin’. Ruth creates the most beautiful one sheet wonders. All you need to create gorgeous papers like this is few stamps, some ink and paper.
Ruth, in my opinion, is the queen of the one sheet wonder. She is a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from the United Kingdom. I began following Ruth on social media and fell in love with her work. Please take a moment to visit and subscribe to her blog and YouTube channel. You’ll thank me later. If you have any trouble locating her, contact me here, and I’ll get you on track.
When I opened my package of lovely one sheet wonders Ruth sent to me, I was drawn to this one straight away. What do you think of the combination of the yellows and blues. It’s one of my favorites.
To be asked to collaborate with Ruth was a thrill. I’ll be highlighting more of her one sheet wonders in the weeks to come. Here are the supplies Ruth used in her stamping.
One Sheet Wonder Product List
Now it’s time to chop up that lovely paper and create something beautiful! By dividing the paper into sections, I was able to create the sliding gatefold.
To open the card and reveal the beauty, just pull the center section to the right. I’ve used the sentiments from the Beauty Abounds set to achieve a cohesive greeting for a special friend.
Flowers for Every Season is a fabulous 6″ x 6″ DSP stack perfect for lots of designs and occasions. I chose the Cinnamon Cider color and pattern to enhance Ruth’s beautiful paper.
Creating my own flowers is another favorite. To create those sweet flowers, I’ve used the Medium Daisy and Perennial Flower punches. Be sure to check out the techniques in my video tutorial below.
Using generational stamping is another technique Ruth uses when creating her one sheet wonders. I incorporated a little of that in my butterfly stamping. Want to learn how to create the sliding gatefold?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″
- Front Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″
- One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, then cut into 3 equals parts @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Panel Mats – Bumblee Bee CS – four @ 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Flowers for Every Season DSP – four @ 5″ x 1 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3″ x 4 1/2″
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 3/4″ x 3″, punch with the Lovely Labels punch. One @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Stamp both sentiments in Cinnamon Cider. Stamp the butterfly in Misty Moonlight.
- Daisies – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 11, punch 6 images with the Medium Daisy punch. Ink the centers in Bumblee Bee and the tips in Misty Moonlight.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, punch 2 images with the Perennial punch.
- In-Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 2 and Cinnamon Cider – 6
Sliding Gateful Product List
I can’t wait to play with another one of Ruth’s beautiful papers. Stay tuned, more coming soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Today’s Vintage Magnolia card shows off the gorgeous In Good Taste designer series paper. All the neutral patterns in this paper stack are perfect for the vintage style. Not to mention, during the month of October 2020, it’s on sale!!
Many times, I’ve been asked, how do you decide on a color palette. Well, this time, I searched Pinterest for shabby chic images. Because I wanted to have, what I’ll refer to as a soft dusty palette, I knew I wanted a little blue in there somewhere. Pool Party was that perfect shade.
Now that I had a color palette, I just started pulling die sets from my stash. I needed a flower that would make a statement, but wouldn’t steal the show. The Magnolia Memory die set has a number of images you can combine to make your very own handmade flowers.
By cutting two of the large and one of each of the smaller images, from Whisper White cardstock, my flower started to take shape. Inking it lightly in Pool Party added the vintage look.
After choosing two patterns from the In Good Taste DSP, I roughed up the edges with the blade of my paper snips. I love that look.
My vintage magnolia card really started to come together when I began adding all the pretties. Incorporating bits of linen thread, pearls and Champagne Shimmer Mist ticked all my vintage style boxes.
The sentiments in the Good Morning Magnolia set were the finishing touch.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pool Party CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″.
- DSP Mats – In Good Taste DSP – pattern #1 – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ and pattern #2 – 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, rough up the edges of both mats with the blade of your paper snips.
- Accent Labels – Rococo Rose CS – 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and Gray Granite CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Ornate Layers die set. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Vines & Leaves – Soft Sea Foam CS – 2 1/4″ x 11″. Cut the vines with the die from the Birds & More set. Spritz the vines with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. Cut the leaves with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Gray Granite CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Butterflies – In Good Taste DSP – punch three images with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, punch the edges with the Detailed Trio punch. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Inside Flowers – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the images in Smoky Slate. Color with the Pool Party and Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends. Die cut with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Pearls – 9 small, colored with the Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blend. 3 Large
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets – 1 large frosted
- Linen Thread – 36″
Vintage Magnolia Product List
Can you tell that I LOVE creating in this style? It makes me so happy. I hope you enjoyed it too. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!