The new Vine Design bundle in the Stampin’ Up! Jan-June Mini Catalog was calling out for some love. Best way to highlight that fabulous bundle is with a few techniques. Wait until you see what I’ve done with the Gilded Leafing. I think you’ll love it.
If you are a little bit of a technique junky, I think you are really going to enjoy today’s project. There’s a little gilded leafing, background stamping, dry embossing and little touches of glitz here and there.
First thing first, have you swooned over that die cut yet? The Vine Design bundle has a fabulous set of dies that contain not one, but three intricate dies. Each one has a different shape, but they are all lovely.
By applying versa mark on the die cut, then sprinkling it with Heat & Emboss Powder, I has able to create a sticky surface for the gilded leafing. That stuff is magic. And the one pot will last you a long time. This is just the first idea I’ve had, but I’ve got so much more to share with you.
You can even stamp with versa mark, apply the heat and stick and voila you’re able to gild that as well.
Because the Vine Design bundle has four different sentiment dies, you’ll be pulling this one from your stash over and over again. Watch how easy it is to work with the Gilded Leafing.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4.
- Mats – Gray Granite CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed/Stamped Mat – Seaside Spray CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the background in Seaside Spray and then emboss with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Calypso Coral CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, flag both ends. Basic White CS – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamped in Early Espresso. Die cut with the die from the set.
- Flowers – Basic White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamped in Calypso Coral and cut with the die from the set.
- Sprigs – Old Olive CS – scraps – punch 6 tips with the Sprig Punch.
- Focal Image – Thick Basic White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the set. Apply versa mark, sprinkle with heat and stick, set with a heat tool. Apply the gilded leafing and burnish.
- Envelope – Basic White – stamp in Seaside Spray
- Champagne Rhinestones – 3 large
- Forever Greenery Ribbon Pack – cording, about 12″
Vine Design with Gilded Leafing Product List
Wasn’t that fun? Stay tuned I’ve got another technique up my sleeve. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Springtime is certainly coming, but Sale-a-Bration is here. This sweet berry delightful card is perfect for a special friend. It’s happy, colorful and easy to create. The designer series paper is certainly the star of the show and you can earn it for FREE!
By using both the Sweet Strawberry bundle and the Berry Blessings stamp set, I think I’ve created a happy card. By placing a $100 (before tax and shipping), you can choose both the Berry Blessings stamp set and the Berry Delightful DSP for FREE.
Those berries look so realistic and are easy to create with a two-step set and coordinating punch. Did you notice the detail in the background? There’s a set of two embossing folders in the Annual Catalog, Little Details, that tied the design together. They fit perfectly in our new Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Don’t forget, I’ve got a fabulous giveaway you won’t want to miss.
Even the image from the Detailed Trio punch reminds me of little strawberry seeds. But wait, it gets better. In the next blog post and video I’ll teach you how to create a matching strawberry shortcake treat holder.
Super cute, right? Well, let’s get to creating this berry delightful card before we get ahead of ourselves.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Granny Apple Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Poppy Parade CS – 4″ x 4″
- DSP Mat – Berry Delightful DSP – 3 1/2″ x 4″
- Focal Mat – Basic Black CS – 2 5/8″ x 3 3/8″
- Embossed Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, emboss the top section with the Little Details embossing folder.
- Banners – Berry Delightful DSP – two in pattern #1 @ 1″ x 3″, one in pattern #2 @ 1″ x 3″
- Stamped Images – Basic White CS
- Berries – 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stems – 1 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Leaves – 1 1/2″ x 7″
- Accent Band – Berry Delightful DSP – 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, punched with the Detailed Trio punch
Berry Delightful Card Product List
Don’t forget to stop by tomorrow when I’ll publish the stinkin’ cute Strawberry Shortcake Treat Box. Until Next time, Create Something Beautiful!
This nature inspired girl has fallen in love with the new, soon to be released, Dragonfly Garden Bundle from Stampin’ Up! It a 9-piece cling stamp set with coordinating Dragonflies Punch. That makes creating quick and easy.
But wait there’s so much more to share. The Dragonfly Garden bundle is just part of the fabulous Dandy Garden Suite. It’s a mega suite filled with two bundles, beautiful designer series paper, fun ladybug embellishments, Memory and More Cards and stunning laser-cut paper.
Because the designer series paper contains images that match the dragonflies punch, your cardmaking just got a whole lot easier. Leave it to Stampin’ Up! to think of those kinds of details when developing toys for us to play with.
One of my favorites in the upcoming 2021 Jan-June Mini Catalog is the fantastic Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder. That one is a part of the Fine Art Floral Suite, but as you can see goes very well with this one too.
With a rich color palette of Blackberry Bliss, Bumblebee and Mossy Meadow, the images and elements all pop. That brings so much interest to this card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss one with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder
- DSP Accents – Dandy Garden DSP – one @ 1″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Circle – Bumblebee CS – punch one 2 1/4″ circle, emboss with the Greenery Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 2″ x 2 3/4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Dragonfly – Dandy Garden DSP – punch one dragonfly with the Dragonflies Punch
Need a catalog? Don’t have a demonstrator? I would love to earn your business. Contact me here, and I’ll send you the new 2021 Jan-June Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure.
Dragonfly Garden – Soon to be Released – January 5
- Dragonfly Garden Bundle #156224
- Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – #154297
- Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder #154317
- Ladybug Trinkets #154299
Scoop these up now – all those listed below are currently available.
Stay tuned, I’ve got a fancy fold to share with you next time. I’ve created a beautiful bridge fold with the second bundle in the suite, Garden Wishes. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The Sliding Gatefold was the perfect fancy fold to showcase some very special paper. I am very happy and proud to annouce my collaboration with Ruth Trice, with Artful Stampin’. Ruth creates the most beautiful one sheet wonders. All you need to create gorgeous papers like this is few stamps, some ink and paper.
Ruth, in my opinion, is the queen of the one sheet wonder. She is a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from the United Kingdom. I began following Ruth on social media and fell in love with her work. Please take a moment to visit and subscribe to her blog and YouTube channel. You’ll thank me later. If you have any trouble locating her, contact me here, and I’ll get you on track.
When I opened my package of lovely one sheet wonders Ruth sent to me, I was drawn to this one straight away. What do you think of the combination of the yellows and blues. It’s one of my favorites.
To be asked to collaborate with Ruth was a thrill. I’ll be highlighting more of her one sheet wonders in the weeks to come. Here are the supplies Ruth used in her stamping.
One Sheet Wonder Product List
Now it’s time to chop up that lovely paper and create something beautiful! By dividing the paper into sections, I was able to create the sliding gatefold.
To open the card and reveal the beauty, just pull the center section to the right. I’ve used the sentiments from the Beauty Abounds set to achieve a cohesive greeting for a special friend.
Flowers for Every Season is a fabulous 6″ x 6″ DSP stack perfect for lots of designs and occasions. I chose the Cinnamon Cider color and pattern to enhance Ruth’s beautiful paper.
Creating my own flowers is another favorite. To create those sweet flowers, I’ve used the Medium Daisy and Perennial Flower punches. Be sure to check out the techniques in my video tutorial below.
Using generational stamping is another technique Ruth uses when creating her one sheet wonders. I incorporated a little of that in my butterfly stamping. Want to learn how to create the sliding gatefold?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″
- Front Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″
- One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, then cut into 3 equals parts @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Panel Mats – Bumblee Bee CS – four @ 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Flowers for Every Season DSP – four @ 5″ x 1 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3″ x 4 1/2″
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 3/4″ x 3″, punch with the Lovely Labels punch. One @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Stamp both sentiments in Cinnamon Cider. Stamp the butterfly in Misty Moonlight.
- Daisies – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 11, punch 6 images with the Medium Daisy punch. Ink the centers in Bumblee Bee and the tips in Misty Moonlight.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, punch 2 images with the Perennial punch.
- In-Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 2 and Cinnamon Cider – 6
Sliding Gateful Product List
I can’t wait to play with another one of Ruth’s beautiful papers. Stay tuned, more coming soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Today’s Vintage Magnolia card shows off the gorgeous In Good Taste designer series paper. All the neutral patterns in this paper stack are perfect for the vintage style. Not to mention, during the month of October 2020, it’s on sale!!
Many times, I’ve been asked, how do you decide on a color palette. Well, this time, I searched Pinterest for shabby chic images. Because I wanted to have, what I’ll refer to as a soft dusty palette, I knew I wanted a little blue in there somewhere. Pool Party was that perfect shade.
Now that I had a color palette, I just started pulling die sets from my stash. I needed a flower that would make a statement, but wouldn’t steal the show. The Magnolia Memory die set has a number of images you can combine to make your very own handmade flowers.
By cutting two of the large and one of each of the smaller images, from Whisper White cardstock, my flower started to take shape. Inking it lightly in Pool Party added the vintage look.
After choosing two patterns from the In Good Taste DSP, I roughed up the edges with the blade of my paper snips. I love that look.
My vintage magnolia card really started to come together when I began adding all the pretties. Incorporating bits of linen thread, pearls and Champagne Shimmer Mist ticked all my vintage style boxes.
The sentiments in the Good Morning Magnolia set were the finishing touch.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pool Party CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″.
- DSP Mats – In Good Taste DSP – pattern #1 – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″ and pattern #2 – 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, rough up the edges of both mats with the blade of your paper snips.
- Accent Labels – Rococo Rose CS – 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and Gray Granite CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Ornate Layers die set. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Vines & Leaves – Soft Sea Foam CS – 2 1/4″ x 11″. Cut the vines with the die from the Birds & More set. Spritz the vines with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. Cut the leaves with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Gray Granite CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Butterflies – In Good Taste DSP – punch three images with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, punch the edges with the Detailed Trio punch. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
- Inside Flowers – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the images in Smoky Slate. Color with the Pool Party and Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends. Die cut with the dies from the Magnolia Memory die set.
- Pearls – 9 small, colored with the Dark Pool Party Stampin’ Blend. 3 Large
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets – 1 large frosted
- Linen Thread – 36″
Vintage Magnolia Product List
Can you tell that I LOVE creating in this style? It makes me so happy. I hope you enjoyed it too. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
It’s WOW Mystery Stamping time!! What’s that? Well, it’s a little stamping game, something my WOW Club and Team Members had some fun with this week. I have to admit, I spoiled everyone just a little. I cut their kits and sent them off for delivery. Then we solved the WOW Mystery Stamping together.
Would you like to play? I’ve got all the clues listed below. Here are the measurements and supplies you’ll need to play along.
To get things started, we need to gather our stamping goodness. If you don’t have the leaf set I used, no worries. Just chose any set you have with various leaf images, in different sizes. Some suggestions on a leaf set would be Rooted in Nature or you could give Love of Leaves a try. For the sentiment on the card, I used the Beautiful Autumn set. Don’t have that one? Just chose a sentiment that will fit on a 1/2″ x 4″ strip.
WOW Mystery Stamping Product List
Pieces, Parts and Pretties
- Cut your kit for our WOW Mystery Stamping as follows:
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Mango Melody CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Leaves – Granny Apple Green CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, I cut two images of the bough image in the Forever Flourishing die set.
- Banner – Whisper White CS – 1/2″ x 4″
Ready to solve the mystery? Follow the clues for some stamping fun.
Here’s what mine looked like. You might be thinking, Susan, that looks like a hot mess. Trust me, it’s going to be beautiful! I promise.
Because we added that layer of clear embossing, you’ve got more of an embellishment that makes a statement on your card. Set those aside and let them cool.
Which sentiment did you choose? Did you need a birthday, thinking of you or just because card? Here’s mine, I think I could send this card along to so many of those on my list.
It’s a little tough to see your pattern at this point, but believe me it’s there. Double check to be sure all your embossing powder is melted and shiny. If you inspect it under a light, that would be helpful.
Here’s a closeup of how mine turned out. The gorgeous Joseph’s Coat is a fabulous technique. You can use lots of color combinations, but this one is so rich and Fall inspired. I love how it turned out.
You’ve all beeen such good stamping detectives. Ready to put it all together and solve this little mystery?
What could be better? It’s simple, elegant and fun. Now that you know how to create the Joseph’s Coat Techique, I hope you use it in future projects. You could chose stamps from multiple sets and make a very unique design. I even filmed a tutorial for you to follow along if you like.
Was that fun? I sure hope so. I know I had a blast with both my Zoom classes. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!