We all have those friends who are there through thick and thin. Why not celebrate that friendship with this cute Under My Umbrella card? Because I combined that set with the sweet Little Ladybug set, it was super easy to create a sweet friendship scene.
I know, I know, it’s just too stinkin’ cute. What makes it even sweeter is, beginning February 4 through March 31, 2020 you can purchase the coordinating dies for your Little Ladybug stamp set. But, right now be sure to add the Under My Umbrella bundle to your shopping cart. Add a few Stampin’ Blends to reach the magic $50 order and choose a FREE Level 1 Sale-a-Bration item. Woohoo!!!
First off, we need a little rain for our scene. That’s easy, just random stamp the raindrops with the stamp from the Under My Umbrella set in versa mark. Sprinkle the images with white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Next, we need a little color. Create a wash with your aqua painter and Costal Cabana ink. Voila!
With so many cute stamps in the Under My Umbrella set, you can create sweet little scenes inside your card as well. I’m really diggin’ those boots. In Louisiana, we call those white boots, shrimp boots. If you live in Southeast Lousiana, chances are you have at least one pair.
I think you guys know by now, I love the new Stitched So Sweetly dies. They have fast become a staple in my stash. I teach so many classes and cut so many kits, I’m thinking about getting an additional set. That’s how much I love them and hope they stick around for a while.
One of the best parts about the Under My Umbrella bundle is that it’s paired with a punch. I used that to punch out the umbrella. But, I didn’t have to stamp the image. Why? Because, beginning February 4th, we will also have a new designer series paper pack, Pleased as Punch. You’ll want to pick up multiple packs of this one. The images coordinate with not only the umbrella punch, but the heart and tulip punches as well.
Are you smiling yet? This card just makes me so happy. Let me show you how easy it is to create.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Coastal Cabana CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Run your embossing buddy over the surface. Random stamp the raindrops in versa mark. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and set with the heat tool. Once cool, watercolor wash with Coastal Cabana ink.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana. Stamp the boots and flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the flowers in Dark So Saffron, leaves in Light Granny Apple. Color the trim on the boots in Light Bermuda Bay. Punch one of the 1/2 open umbrellas from the Pleased as Punch DSP.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana and die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Stamp two ladybugs and two umbrella handles in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the ladybugs with the Stampin’ Blends; Dark Real Red, Dark So Saffron, Light Petal Pink, Basic Black Combo, and Light Smoky Slate. Die cut the ladybugs. Highlight with the Wink of Stella.
- Umbrella – Pleased as Punch DSP – punch one umbrella with the Umbrella Builder Punch.
- Flower – So Saffron CS – 1″ x 1″ – cut with the die from the Ladybug die set.
- Grass & Flower Stem – Granny Apple Green CS – 2″ x 4″, cut four grass images and one stem image with the dies from the Ladybug die set.
Under My Umbrella Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, untile next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Can you believe it, we are already moving into the 1st full week of 2020! I’m kicking things off with my Bee Happy Sampler. It’s just too cute and what better message for the upcoming year.
As soon as I saw this bundle, I knew I would love giving it a play. My WOW Club Member, Connie, is having a party this week. Because Connie is an avid scapbooker, I wanted to design something she could use in that part of her crafting. Hence, the Bee Happy Sampler was born.
Stampin’ Up’s product coordination is the best. The Honey Bee bundle in the new Mini coordinates perfectly with the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper offered in the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
In the second block, of my Bee Happy Sampler, I wanted to create a little bee hive scene. One of the best parts of creating samplers is that the blocks can also be used and adapted into cards. And did you notice the texture in the background. I created that with the new Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder. Love!!
Ok, those bees are just too beautiful. Because I spritz them with Champagne Shimmer Mist, they sparkle and shine.
To create the “sunshine” background, I used a sponge brayer loaded with Crushed Curry ink. That’s a quick and easy technique. The letters, cut with the dies from the Hand Lettered Prose set, were also spritzed. I love the sparkle.
Because I’m still recuperating from my recent nasty fall, I couldn’t film a video for my Bee Happy Sampler. But, I did peck away at the keyboard to give you a very detailed PDF. Hope you can enjoy this and create a Bee Happy Sampler of your very own.
Bee Happy Sampler Instructions
To make ordering supplies quick and easy, here’s my supply list. Just click any of the items to start filling your cart in my online store. By using this month’s host code, 4DXZJPCS, when placing a $50 order (before tax and shipping), you earn so many fabulous benefits.
- A FREE Sale-A-Bration item.
- A handstamped thank you card and package of the new Champagne Rhinestones from me.
- For every $25 in your order, you earn a WOW Customer Loyalty Point. Earn 12 and get $25 FREE WOW from me. All the details of that program can be found here.
I would very much appreciate your business.
Bee Happy Sampler Product List
Hopefully, I’ll be back to 100% very soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Do you love techiques? Would you like to learn how to use your vellum, Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin’ Glitter to the MAX? Well, I think my Frosted Foliage technique card is for you!
The beautiful frosty focal image was created with our vellum card stock. I’ve got a trick on adhering it to the gorgeous Feels Like Frost DSP. Psst, it’s all in the video below!! But first, I would love to share the snowflake technique with you. Look how sparkly and dimensional these are.
Use the die in the Frosted Foliage bundle to cut some snowflakes out of Whisper White CS. Liberally spread your Shimmery Crystal Effects on the surface. Next, run to the kitchen and grab a coffee filter. Yep, a coffee filter, you’ll thank me later. Dump a little of your Ice Stampin’ Glitter in the coffee filter and press the surface of the snowflake in the glitter, picking up lots of that chunky goodness. Once you’re done with all your snowflakes, just pour the glitter back in the pot. No waste and you’ve contained the glitter. Your welcome!!
Be sure to finish off the inside of your card and the envelope with some quick and easy stamping. Using three generations of stamping, you’ll achieve different tones of the same color.
And the last technique for this one – how to achieve a Night of Navy embossed sentiment without that particular color embossing powder. All you need is your clear embossing powder. It’s that easy. Come on in my studio and I’ll show you how.
Okay, what are you waiting for? Don’t you want to jump in and try these techniques?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal Image – Vellum CS – 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″. Back the vellum with adhesive sheet. You can find this product on Amazon. Die cut the focal image with the die from Frosted Frames. Stamp the image as shown in the video using Night of Navy Ink and Clear Embossing Powder.
- Snowflakes – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut three with the die from Frosted Frames. Apply the Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin Glitter as shown in the video tutorial.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sentiment in 1st generation Night of Navy. Stamp the dandelions in 3rd generation Night of Navy.
I would appreciate you shopping by online store for any supplies you need.
Frosted Foliage Technique Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I absolutely love the new Beautiful Friendship stamp set. Sharing a technique is also on the top of my list of things I enjoy. Today, I would love to share the masking technique. Every month I send hand stamped thank you cards to my customers. This was my card for September/October.
WOW, that’s a lot of thank you cards! I have the best customers and appreciate them very much. Because I created so many cards, the Stamparatus was my friend. It was super easy to stamp the largest rose image in the lovely Rococo Rose. Next came the masking technique.
Our Beautiful Friendship stamp set includes all types of floral images and some lovely sentiments. Using first and second generation stamping, I was able to create the rest of the bouquet. For masking, I like to use the Gina K. Designs Masking Magic paper. I get mine on Amazon. It creates a great mask that you can use over and over.
One of my favorite parts of the Beautiful Friendship set is the watercolor look. It’s a photopolymer set too. So that makes it super easy to see through the images and place them exactly where you want them.
Did you notice the texture on the Woven Thread Designer Series Paper. Another technique I can’t seem to get enough of, embossing with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. I can’t wait to share my video tutorial with you. I’ll take you step-by-step through the masking technique and show you how to create this pretty card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Crumb Cake CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Woven Threads DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″, emboss with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Terracotta Tile CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamped Image – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – Scrap
- Ribbon – Rococo Rose – 6″
Beautiful Friendship Thank You Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you try the masking technique. You’re going to love it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ok, who’s ready for Snowman Season? Well, in New Orleans, I’ll have to settle for the Snowman Season bundle! But, that’s ok, it’s super cute. I’ve been wanting to create a viewfinder card for a while. When I saw the Snowman Season set, I invisioned the cute snowman juggling the snow.
The Snowman Season bundle comes with a punch. Gotta love that. It makes creating your holiday cards quick and easy. Be sure to check it out in the Let it Snow Suite, page 19. That suite includes so many fun little items to further enhance your designs. More great news, this bundle will be my November WOW Class to GO!
Be sure to add a couple of packages of the Let it Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper to your first order. One side is all sparkley!! And don’t forget the embellishment kit. Can you believe it, it includes 60 stitched felt accents.
The viewfinder mechanism allows the wheel to spin and the snow to appear. What kiddo wouldn’t love this one? Did you notice the glistening snow on the sentiment? Two new products make that possible. It’s the new Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin’ Glitter. Those can be found on page 41.
I know you’re itching to create this card, right? In today’s FREE video tutorial I’ll teach you how to not only create this card, but a template for future use.
Wasn’t that fun? Let me know what you think. I love reading your comments.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Shaded Spruce CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Coastal Cabana CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Let it Snow Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the Stitched Rectangle die.
- Snowman – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 3″. Stamp the snowman in Basic Gray. Punch with the Snowman builder punch. Color the nose with the Dark Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend.
- Snowbank – Sparkle Glimmer Paper – 1″ x 5″, free hand cut a curve
- Viewfinder Scallop Circle – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the largest scallop circle in the Layering Circle die set.
- Viewfinder Accent Scallop – Coastal Cabana CS – 3″ x 1 3/4″, first punch with a 1″ circle, then hover over the negative and punch with the 1 3/8″ scallop punch. This will form your accent ring.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower”. -Albert Camus. How true is that with my Gathered Leaves card. I wanted the leaves to shine, to take center stage, to ring in the Autumn season.
Stampin’ Up!’s fabulous die set, Gathered Leaves, are fantastic. The cut and emboss at the same time!! As an avid card maker, I know I love that.
Because I spritzed my Crushed Curry card stock, before die cutting, it further enhanced the embossing. But, you guys know me, I couldn’t stop. Breaking out the new Delicata Metallic Ink Pad was a great decision. Look at al that glimmer. We have three new colors, copper, silver and gold. This time, copper of course.
Let’s take a closer look at yet another technique. That sparkle texture on the larger leaf. I created that with our Shimmery White Embossing Paste. Coloring it with the our Cajun Craze ink refill gave it the perfect Fall color. All I had to do was spread it over our new filigree mask. Voila, instant interest and texture. Not to mention, a fabulous shimmery finish.
There’s one more new product in that lovely focal mat. It’s the Mercury Glass Designer Acetate. WOW, just WOW!! I backed it with a piece of the Come to Gather DSP. I think that tied everything together. Don’t you?
Moving on to creating the panels, for the Gathered Leaves card, I continued my shimmery leaf theme. Did you know that you can stamp with the metallic inks? Subtle, shimmery and beatiful, what a great trio.
It was easy to choose a color palette. If you’re ever stumped, check out the colors on the back of the DSP. For my Gathered Leaves card, I used Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla. Want to see me put this card together?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, on the 11′ side, score @ 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Z-Fold Crushed Curry CS – 3 1/4″ x 9 3/4″, on the 9 3/4″ side, score @ 3 1/4″ and 6 1/2″.
- DSP Mats – Come to Gather DSP – two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″. Emboss with the Subtle Embossing Folder. Ink the edges in Cajun Craze.
- Focal Mat – Come to Gather DSP – 3″ x 3″, Mercury Glass Acetate – 3″ x 3″.
- Inside Mats – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 3″ x 3″.
- Leaves – Crushed Curry CS – one @ 3″ x 3″ and one @ 2″ x 3 1/2″, die cut with the Gathered Leaves die set.
Did you enjoy that? I would love your comments. Feedback is always helpful and appreciated. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!