Welcome!! Sorry I’ve been absent for a bit. But, I’m back and ready to share!!! I’ve been asked to add some masculine designs. Today I’m kicking that off with a card created with the Nature’s Beauty stamp set.
Because I’ve used a few techniques in this one, you’ll want to sit back, relax and take in all the details.
As lots of you know, I’m a country girl. Still on the family farm at age 66. Yep, I said it and pretty proud ot it. We are surrounded here with nature’s beauty. So, I was definately drawn to this set. The detailed line art images are fabulous.
This card started with the selection of the background DSP. That gorgeous embossed mat is from the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. One of the best parts about it, it’s currently on sale. Here’s an upclose look, so that you can appreciate all the lovely designs and possibilities.
Nature’s Beauty paired with the Mountain Air bundle was the perfect choice to add lots of dimension and texture to today’s card. The Mountain Air bundle is another that will carry over. But, don’t wait, get that one now to enjoy your 10% discount. In the new catalog, they will be sold separately and you’ll loose that discount.
Ready to create? Follow along with me in today’s video tutorial. After that, be sure to check out all the details, dimensions and a full supply list.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Soft Suede CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Trees – Garden Green CS – 3 1/2″ x 7 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Majestic Mountain set.
- Stitched Label – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Nested Labels set.
- Clouds – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Garden Green and fussy cut. Soft Suede CS – 1″ x 2 1/4″, use as backer for the Whisper White fussy cut sentiment.
- Mountains – Soft Suede CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set. Emboss with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. Apply embossing paste as outlined in the video tutorial.
- Inside Mats – Soft Suede CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Whisper White 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Envelope – Whisper White
Nature’s Beauty Masculine Card Product List
Did you enjoy that? I sure do hope so. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Do you love techniques? I sure do and I’ve got one to share with you today. It’s the stencil embossing technique. Here’s a very economical way to create beautiful backgrounds using Stampin’ Up!’s Basic Pattern Decorative Masks. Because the masks are sold in a set of four, you have the opportunity to create four different backgrounds.
First of all, I knew I wanted this card to have a tropical vibe. I should be in Hawaii right now, but (sad face) not possible due to the Corona thingy. Above all, I wanted to include a technique I haven’t tried before, the stencil embossing technique. I broke out my masks, inks and copper embossing powder and went to work.
The color palette is Coastal Cabana, Soft Sea Foam and Mint Macaron. As a result, I was able to really add that tropical look and feel to my background. To begin your stencil embossing, be sure you have a versa mark pad that is juicy. You’ll be applying the ink through the stencil to the paper.
By blending the three colors with my makeup blender brushes, achieving that smooth blended look was easy.
Embossing the flowers, leaves and sentiments really tied things altogether. I even die cut the sentiment accent frame from Copper Foil using the die from Ornate Layers. You gotta add that set your next order. You won’t regret it.
Because the Timeless Tropical set includes that big gorgeous hibicus, I knew I wanted to highlight it in some way. That’s when I decided to stamp it on my inside mat in Soft SeaFoam. Want to learn the stencil embossing technique? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″.
- Mats – Mint Macaron CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Accent Frame – Copper Foil – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from Ornate Layers.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/8″ x 2 1/2″.
- Small Leaves – Soft Seafoam CS and Mint Macaron CS – one each @ 1 3/4″ x 2″, cut with the dies from In the Tropics set.
- Flowers and Large Leaves – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, once stamped and inked, cut with the dies from In the Tropics set.
- Embellishment – Gilded Gems – one large, two small
- Ribbon – Mint Macaron Sheer Linen – about 12″
Stencil Embossing Technique Product List
Hope you order those masks and give this a try. I think you will really enjoy it. Until next time, Create Somthing Beautiful!
WOW Team Card Challenge time!! This month, it’s all about stamps, ink and paper. That’s right #simplestamping. By challenging my team to step outside their typical stamping styles, I think they surprised themselves. Because we got back to basics, I think the entire WOW Team used this to their advantage and rocked this challenge. Let’s take a closer look to see how you can incorporate the stamps, ink and paper challenge into your card making. First up, we have Tonia Breland Bates.
Isn’t this just brilliant? I love the technique of repetitive stamping. Tonia stepped it up by adding a new color each time. So cute! She used a retired set, it’s an oldie, but goodies. And I’m sure she stamped and fussy the birthday cake. Next up, Eva Hibbing and another Happy Birthday card.
Using the stamp from the Sale-a-Bration set Thoughtful Blooms, Eva created a fabulous diagonal focus. I’m lovin’ all the colors and patterns. WOW Team Member, Margaret Savage, used the same set. But look at the different look she achieved.
Her color palette is soft and sophisticated. Because the So Sentimental set, in the mini catalog, has a fabulous array of sentiments, Margaret included one of those for her inside greeting. Let’s see what Molly Downing has in store using only stamps, ink and paper.
Isn’t this fun? Molly’s color choice is right on point. She’s used the Wish For It All set from the Annual Catalog. That set has a gorgeous set of coordinating dies. Certainly, you can see too, that Molly used multi colors on her sentiment. Just fabulous and a great use of color. Next up we have a little fancy fold from Helene Hebert.
WOW, a true star of the show on this card, the Morning Star set. That one too has a set of coordinating dies, the Stiched Stars set. It’s a carry over from the Holiday Catalog. Most noteworthy, you could change the sentiment on this one for a beautiful sympathy card. Let’s change gears to a more masculine theme with Paula-Kay Bourland’s creation.
Because Paula created a lovely watercolor wash backgound she was all ready for this stamps, ink and paper challenge. Her card features the fabulous Sailing Home set. That’s another Annual Catalog set. Next up we have another fun fold. This time Lisa Lepine used one of my favorite sets, Positive Thoughts.
Lisa actually won the challenge this month. Everyone that participates, gets their name in the drawing for the prize. Each month, the challenge, gives us all so many ideas and inspiration. Lisa’s easel card really shows off the incredible possibilities with this set. Last, but certainly not least, we have Klarissa Nightingale.
Klarissa too used one of my favorites, Beautiful Friendship. Her fabulous use of color and assortment of stamps created a beautiful background for her sentiment. This set is truly a winner and a must-have staple in your craft stash.
Can you belive it, just stamps, ink and paper. Finally, since Lisa was the winner this month, I’m featuring her card in a video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Calypso Coral CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score @ 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″.
- Mats – Crumb Cake – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Inside Mat – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Banner – Calypso Coral CS – 1 1/8″ x 5 1/4″, Crumb Cake CS – 1″ x 5 1/8″ and Whisper White CS 7/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Sentiment – Calypso Coral CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, Crumb Cake CS – 1 5/8″ x 2 1/8″ and Whisper White CS 1 1/2″ x 2″.
- Butterfly – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 4″
Positive Thought Product List
Stamps, ink and paper Team Challenge
Didn’t they all do a fabulous job? I hope you enjoyed this month’s WOW Team Challenge. You could be a part of this fun too. Thinking about joining Stampin’ Up!? I would love to have you on my WOW Team. Contact me today so we can get you started.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo, new FREE products coming soon. Just when we thought it couldn’t get any better, Stampin’ Up! is realeasing more goodies. You can earn these new FREE products beginning March 3 through March 31st.
Click the link below to open the new Sale-a-Bration Brochure.
New FREE Products, Sale-a-Bration 2nd Release, Susan Levasseur, WOW NOLA Creations, Stampin’ Up!
WOW, right? Let’s see if you can guess which one I had to play with first. I’ll give you a couple of hints. First, I love a product that can be used in lots of different ways. Second, anything rose gold, I just melt. I’ll bet you guessed it. It’s that fabulous Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Because the Parisian Beauty set is so fabulous, I paired that bundle with this gorgeous new paper right off the bat.
By using my sponge brayer, I was able to add color to the Flowering Foils DSP. I love the Blushing Bride, Basic Gray color combo.
Once you add the color, be sure to buff the surface with a clean, dry paper towel. That will really make the foiling pop. This sheet has silver foiling, perfect for that Basic Gray card base.
Don’t you just love that sentiment? Perfect for lots of occasions.
But, remember, this beautiful foil paper is only one of the five new FREE products in the 2020 2nd Sale-a-Bration Release. I think this one will go fast. Be sure to add it to your first order, March 3rd.
How do you like all that dimension? It’s easy because Stampin’ Up! products all coordinate. No more searching for the perfect ribbon or embellishent.
Don’t forget to dress up those envelopes. You’ll even impress the postal worker. I’ld love to share my video tutorial with you. Enjoy!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic Gray CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, score @5 1/2″
- Mat – Blushing Bride CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Flowering Foils Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 5″
- Swirl – Silver Foil – 1 3/4″ x 3″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones – Pink – 3
- Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon – 6″
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
As soon as I saw the Positive Thoughts stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! 2020 Mini Catalog, I knew I had to have it. I’m all about the nature inspried images and the positive messages in the sentiments.
Because we have gorgeous papers in the Annual Catalog, I used the fabulous Magnolia Lane DSP. Then, by using the color palette of Whisper White, Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow and So Saffron, I reinforced that nature look and feel.
Dies that cut and emboss, gotta love them. They do double duty for us. In the Nature’s Thoughts set, that fabulous feather die does just that. I inked it a little with some Petal Pink ink, just to make it pop. But wait, I’ll bet you’re asking yourself, I didn’t see that die set in the book. You’re right, it’s part of the new Coordination Product Release. Mark your calendars for February 4th.
Today, I found out too, that the Nature’s Thoughts Dies and the Special Days Dies, will carry over after the promotion release. That means more bang from your crafting buck.
Are you lovin’ that font? I think it’s beautiful. The Positive Thought stamp set is a 8-piece cling mount set. Three of the images are fabulous sentiments you’ll be turning to time after time in your card making.
If you haven’t picked up at least two packs of the Champagne Rhinestones, you’re missing out. They are fantastic and go perfectly on so many designs.
Because those sentiments are just too beautiful, and uplifting, I had to include one on the inside of the card. And while there, why not stamp 3 generations of that lovely fern image.
Time to finish off the envelope. Hope you can appreciate the beauty of the flower image. And now that we have a die to match, I know I’ll be using it more often. Be sure to check out the video to learn how I created the watercolor wash background.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Magnolia Lane DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 5″, cut with the die from Nature’s Thoughts. Add the watercolor wash technique with So Saffron ink.
- Large Ferns – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp two images in Mossy Meadow, cut with the die from Nature’s Thoughts.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched Rectangles. Stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Feathers – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/4″ x 11″, cut three feather images and two butterfly images with the die from Nature’s Thoughts. Ink the feathers with Petal Pink ink.
- Sprigs – Mossy Meadow CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ – cut four images with the die from Nature’s Thoughts. Apply wink of stella to each.
- Ribbon – Petal Pink 1/4″ Metallic-Edge – about 15″
- Champagne Rhinestones – seven small
Positive Thoughts Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
We all have those friends who are there through thick and thin. Why not celebrate that friendship with this cute Under My Umbrella card? Because I combined that set with the sweet Little Ladybug set, it was super easy to create a sweet friendship scene.
I know, I know, it’s just too stinkin’ cute. What makes it even sweeter is, beginning February 4 through March 31, 2020 you can purchase the coordinating dies for your Little Ladybug stamp set. But, right now be sure to add the Under My Umbrella bundle to your shopping cart. Add a few Stampin’ Blends to reach the magic $50 order and choose a FREE Level 1 Sale-a-Bration item. Woohoo!!!
First off, we need a little rain for our scene. That’s easy, just random stamp the raindrops with the stamp from the Under My Umbrella set in versa mark. Sprinkle the images with white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Next, we need a little color. Create a wash with your aqua painter and Costal Cabana ink. Voila!
With so many cute stamps in the Under My Umbrella set, you can create sweet little scenes inside your card as well. I’m really diggin’ those boots. In Louisiana, we call those white boots, shrimp boots. If you live in Southeast Lousiana, chances are you have at least one pair.
I think you guys know by now, I love the new Stitched So Sweetly dies. They have fast become a staple in my stash. I teach so many classes and cut so many kits, I’m thinking about getting an additional set. That’s how much I love them and hope they stick around for a while.
One of the best parts about the Under My Umbrella bundle is that it’s paired with a punch. I used that to punch out the umbrella. But, I didn’t have to stamp the image. Why? Because, beginning February 4th, we will also have a new designer series paper pack, Pleased as Punch. You’ll want to pick up multiple packs of this one. The images coordinate with not only the umbrella punch, but the heart and tulip punches as well.
Are you smiling yet? This card just makes me so happy. Let me show you how easy it is to create.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Coastal Cabana CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Run your embossing buddy over the surface. Random stamp the raindrops in versa mark. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and set with the heat tool. Once cool, watercolor wash with Coastal Cabana ink.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana. Stamp the boots and flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the flowers in Dark So Saffron, leaves in Light Granny Apple. Color the trim on the boots in Light Bermuda Bay. Punch one of the 1/2 open umbrellas from the Pleased as Punch DSP.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the sentiment in Coastal Cabana and die cut with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Stamp two ladybugs and two umbrella handles in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the ladybugs with the Stampin’ Blends; Dark Real Red, Dark So Saffron, Light Petal Pink, Basic Black Combo, and Light Smoky Slate. Die cut the ladybugs. Highlight with the Wink of Stella.
- Umbrella – Pleased as Punch DSP – punch one umbrella with the Umbrella Builder Punch.
- Flower – So Saffron CS – 1″ x 1″ – cut with the die from the Ladybug die set.
- Grass & Flower Stem – Granny Apple Green CS – 2″ x 4″, cut four grass images and one stem image with the dies from the Ladybug die set.
Under My Umbrella Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, untile next time, Create Something Beautiful!