It’s a marriage made in heaven, the Animal Outing stamp set and our fabulous Stampin’ Blends.
The Animal Expedition Suite can be found on page 26-27 of our 2018-2019 Annual Catalog. It’s super cute and the stamp set and Thinlit Dies are available in the bundle format with a 10% discount. That little Animal Outing rhino was very easy to color with our Stampin’ Blends. And did you know that we now have even more of the Blends available? There are eleven new combo packs ready for you to order.
To color this little guy I used the Smoky Slate and Crumb Cake Blends. It’s super easy to blend our colors, they go onto the paper like butter!
The Animal Outing set also contains the image for that sweet little froggie on the branch. This set isn’t just for the young, but the young at heart as well. I know this card makes me super happy.
Back to our sweet little z-fold project and the Animal Outing. Using our Layering Squares and Stitched Shapes Framelits, I created the focal image. These are real go-to’s you should have in your stash. Want to learn how to create the z-fold? Here’s a FREE video-tutorial I’ve created for you.
Ready to create one for your very own? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Tranquil Tide CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Front Mats: Whisper White CS 2 1/2″ x 4″ and Nature’s Poem DSP 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Mats: Whisper White CS, one @ 2 1/2″ x 4″ and one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and Nature’s Poem DSP 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″.
- Focal Image: Cajun Craze CS 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the Layering Square Framelits and Whisper White CS 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the Stitched Shapes Square
- Sentiment: Cajun Craze CS – punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle and Whisper White CS use a scrap and then punch with the 1 1/4″ circle punch.
- Create your Card Base Z-Fold
- Color the images as outlined in the video above.
- Marry the mats to each other and then to the card base.
- Pop the Focal image to the scallop square.
- Ink the edges of the sentiment and pop to the scallop circle.
- Adhere the left side of the focal image to the cad front with wet glue.
- Pop the left side of the sentiment and wet glue the right side to the card front.
- Using glue dots adhere the metal elements to the card front.
If you need some supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!