Hello Everyone and Welcome! Today’s card features the Healing Hugs stamp set. I am very excited to share this project with you. It’s my swap card for the Stampin’ Up! Alaska Cruise. I can’t wait to see all the other cards in the swap. I’ll share those with you when I return from this exciting event.
Be sure to check out the Healing Hugs stamp set and all the beautiful samples on page 110 of our Annual Catalog. This set features Stampin’ Up!’s DistINKive technology. It takes away all the fear of two and three step stamping. Be sure to check out my video here. I’ll show you how you can achieve the two tone look and a little rock and roll action on the leaves.
I think you all know me by now, at least I hope so. I LOVE layers and texture in my projects. This one is no different. The fabulous background texture was created with our new Tufted 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It’s fast becoming one of my favorites.
That gorgeous designer series paper is Petal Promenade. Oh my, one side is even more lovely than the other. The color combination I used for this card is Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig, and Petal Pink. Yummy, right? And guess what, those colors can all be found in the DSP. I love to finish the inside of my cards as well. And I just couldn’t resist stamping that gorgeous rose one more time.
That detailed accent piece, cut from Fresh Fig CS, is from the Delicate Lace Edgelits. That one may be easy to miss because it’s not featured in any of the bundles or stamp sets. It’s all by itself under the Big Shot die section of the catalog on page 217.
Want to try your hand at this one? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Sahara Sand CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat: Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tufted TEIF
- Mats: Fresh Fig CS – one @ $” x 3″, one @3″ x 2″ and one @ 2″ x2″
- Layering Mats: Petal Promenade DSP – one @ 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″, one @ 2 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ and Sahara Sand CS – one @ 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ embossed with the Layering Leaves TEIF.
- Rose and Leaves: Whisper White CS – 3″ x 7″
- Sentiment: Petal Pink CS – 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals and Sahara Sand CS 3″ x 2″, cut with the Layering Ovals.
- Accent Trim: Fresh Fig CS – 6 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut with the edgelit from Delicate Lace Edgelits.
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the rose and leaves and shown in the video above.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the small piece of Sahara Sand CS and cut with the layering ovals die. Ink the edges in Fresh Fig.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat and one rose in the lower right hand corner.
- Pop the sentiment to the scallop oval.
- Wet glue all the mats to each other.
- Wet glue the embossed mat to the card front.
- Adhere the accent die cut to the right side of the largest layering mat. Trim as needed.
- Adhere the leaves to the flowers. Accent both the rose and leaves with the Clear Wink of Stella. Pop the rose to the smaller mat.
- Adhere the largest of the 3 layering mats to the card front. Adhere the rectangular mat to the card front. Pop the square mat with the rose to the card front.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere 3 Metallic Gold pearls to the card front.
As always, I would very much appreciate you shopping in my online store for any of the supplies you need to create this project.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The wreath card is one of the new stamping rages flooding Pinterest. With our Stamparatus, creating the wreath is a breeze. Some of you lucky stampers were able to preorder this fabulous tool earlier this year. No worries, it will soon be ordering time again, June 1st to be exact.
In the meantime, let me teach you how to start making your templates so you are all set and ready to create wreath cards too. I used the Perennial Birthday stamp set and we are lucky, this one is carrying over to our new Annual Catalog. The images in this set are perfect for creating the wreath. The first step is creating your template. You will need a 6″ x 6″ piece of Window Sheet, centering it on our grid paper will make drawing the template very quick and easy.
Once you have the template drawn, you’ll need to trim it using your Stampin’ Trimmer and paper snips.
In this video tutorial, I will show you step by step how to make your template and create this sweet card.
Wasn’t that quick and easy? Now you have all the info to create your own template. And what did you think about the ribbon tip?
No card is complete without stamping a great sentiment on the inside. This set has it all, images for the wreath and sentiments for both the inside and outside of your cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cherry Cobbler CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Night of Navy CS – 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″, emboss the bottom with the Petal Pair Embossing Folder.
- Focal – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Night of Navy CS, Scallop Circle 2″ x 2″ and Whisper White CS, 2″ x 2″, cut with the framelit from Layering Circles.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Template – Window Sheet – 6″ x 6″; Thick Whisper White CS – 4″ x 4
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I just couldn’t wait to share my first post and video featuring our new stamp positioning tool, the Stamparatus! I know, I’ll bet you’re wondering, Stamparatus, do I really need this? The quick and easy answer to that question is a big fat YES!!
If you were lucky enough to get your new Stamparatus during the first reservation window, you should have it in your hot little hands. Don’t wait, run and pull it out of the box. In this post I’ll be sharing a quick and easy way to make your die cutting and stamping a breeze. Let’s create a beautiful orchid together using the Climbing Orchid Bundle and Stamparatus.
First, let me say, those sweet little gable boxes are not only quick and easy to assemble, but they are perfect for gifts and goodies (they are food safe). You get 12 in a package and they can be decorated for any occasion. This time I chose the gorgeous Climbing Orchid Bundle. Sometimes, we forget those beautiful sets in the annual catalog when an occasions catalog hits the shelves. This one can be found on page 21. And because it’s a bundle, you’ll save 10% with your purchase.
Let me show you how easy this can be with our Stamparatus. You’ll want to create all 12 boxes with this gorgeous flower!
Wasn’t that cool! I’ve even got something just as exciting. Now, until March 31, 2018, we are in Sale-a-Bration. The biggest Stampin’ UP! promotion of the year. You can scoop up that gorgeous Climbing Orchid Bundle now, add a package of Stampin’ Dimensionals to your order and qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. That way when June rolls around, which won’t be long, you’ll be all set and ready to create these beautiful flowers just like this. And you will have earned a FREE item to boot!
Let me share with you how the magic happens.
- Mini Silver Gable Box
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and two @ 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and Sweet Soiree DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ and two @ 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Tag – Calypso Coral CS – 4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ 2 3/4″, cut with the Stitched Shapes
- Orchid – Lemon Lime Twist CS – 3″ x 8 1/2″, cut the flower parts and leaves with the Orchid Builder Framelits
- Stem – Crumb Cake CS – 1 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ – cut with the Seasonal Layers Dies
- Baker’s Twine – Whisper White – 8″
- Ribbon – Lemon Lime Twist Mini Stripe – 12″
Please visit my online store to order any of the supplies you might need for this project. Thank you in advance for supporting my business.
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!