This one was a labor of love, because that beautiful young lady in the photo is my special granddaughter, Elisabeth. This young lady has a heart of gold, if I say so myself. I wanted her to know she can do anything she sets her mind to. With a little hope and love, she’s got this!
I just love it when Stampin’ Up! introduces a new tool that can be used in so many different ways. The Daisy Delight Bundle is just that tool to add to your stash. The color combination I used in this design is Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive and Whisper White. Because Stampin’ UP!’s color coordination is unmatched, all I had to do was pick up the colors in the Delightful Daisy DSP and I was all set.
The daisies are stamped in Wisteria Wonder on Whisper White cardstock. Before punching them out, I inked the centers in Calypso Coral and the outer edges in Daffodil Delight. Then with the coordinating Daisy Punch, it was a snap to punch out the images. Those beautiful leaves were punched from Whisper White cardstock and stamped in Old Olive ink with the flourish stamp from Timeless Textures. To finish things off, I inked the edges of the leaves in Old Olive. I think the flower centers add to the texture in just the perfect way. I punched Daffodil Delight cardstock with the 3/4″ circle punch and then ran them through the Big Shot with the Garden Trellis embossing folder. Adding some Daffodil Delight ink around the edges really set them off.
Oh my goodness, can you tell from the titles on this page that I love layering and texture? Each one of those elements have five layers of goodness, some stamping and embossing. And did you notice the background papers? The 12×12 Whisper White mat was stamped in Wisteria Wonder with the grunge stamp from Timeless Textures. I’m not sure what I’ll do when that one retires; it’s my all-time favorite. The Wisteria Wonder mat is scatter stamped with the lovely floral stamp from Awesomely Artistic. This is a quick and easy way to create your own DSP. I’ll bet your asking yourself, how did she get those words to look so dimensional. Can I tell you a secret? I cut them from sticky back fun foam. Isn’t that fantastic?
Last but not least, the lovely lacy accent at the bottom of the DSP mat is a portion of the die cut from the Detailed Gate. Clever, right? I thought so.
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Base Mat: Whisper White 12″ x 12″
- Mat: Wisteria Wonder 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Photo Mat: Whisper White 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- DSP Mat: Daisy Delight DSP 9 1/4″ x 6″
- Daises & Leaves: Whisper White. Stamp ten daisies and punch 8 sets of leaves, punch 5 3/4″ circles from Daffodil Delight and emboss with the Garden Trellis Embossing Folder
- Hearts: Calypso Coral 4 1/4″ x 11. Cut three with the Sassy & Sweet Framelits and emboss with the Quilt Top Embossing Folder
- Stitched Oval. Cut two from Daffodil Delight and one from Whisper White and stamp each with the flourish stamp from Timeless Textures in Daffodil Delight. Stamp the sentiment from You’ve Got This in Calypso Coral.
- Scallop Ovals: Daffodil Delight. Cut one using the layering ovals dies.
- Butterflies: Wisteria Wonder. Cut three with the die from Sunshine Wishes
- Accent Flowers above Hearts. Cut three from Daffodil Delight using the die from Sunshine Wishes
- Words: White Sticky-back fun foam. Cut the words “hope” and “love” using the dies from Sunshine Wishes.
- Lacy Accent: Whisper White. Cut out the bottom portion of the die.
Would you like to see me put this one together? Tune into my YouTube tutorial here and I’ll show you how.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!