I can’t wait for my club night this week. One of my lovely club members asked for a Christmas project. She is a fabulous scrapbooker and I knew right away I would use the Signs of Santa bundle. I created a page that she can use as a title page to her grandsons Christmas scrapbook.
Santa’s Workshop Specialty DSP works perfectly with the Signs of Santa bundle. There are multiple dies in the set that die cut the images in the DSP. Quick, easy and oh so cute!!
By adding some of our embossing paste to the die cut letters, I think I created what appears to be accumulating snow. I love the look. Embossing the letters with the Softly Falling embossing folder enhanced that look even more. But, wait, I couldn’t stop. After embossing, I spritzed the letters with my Champagne Shimmer Paint concoction. All three techniques together created the perfect title for my Signs of Santa page.
Aren’t those elves just darlin’? And yes, I used the dies to cut the DSP. You get two elf dies, one right and one left, so you can cut all the little elves your heart desires. And did I mention the white parts on the paper are flocked. So, that means instant dimension, texture and interest. I even cut the sign post with a die from the set. Can’t get any easier than that.
Next it was time for Santa to make an appearance and yes, he was cut with a die. But, alas, I did fussy cut the bag of toys. It’s a little concession to pay for such a stinkin cute look.
And it’s not Christmas unless Mrs. Claus is there to help her man. This page really came together quick and easy. Want to create one of your own? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Large Mat – Whisper White CS – 12 x 12
- Mat – Poppy Parade CS – one at 8 1/2″ x 11″ and one 11″ x 2 1/2″
- Mats – Garden Green CS – one @ 6 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, one @ 7 1/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 10″ x 2 1/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – one @ 6 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, one @ 7″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 9 3/4″ x 2″
- Letters – Garden Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 8″
- Bottom Accent Band – Santa’s Workshop DSP – 12″ x 2 3/4″
- Snowflakes – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″
- Characters from the DSP – three red and three green clothed elves, one snowman, one Santa with the list, one sack of toys, one Mrs. Clause, one rocking horse and one stack of presents with teddy bear.
- Cut the letters with the large letter dies from the Garden Green CS. Run through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder. Spritz with a spritzer filled with 4 drops of Champsgne Shimmer Paint and 70% rubbing alcohol. Let dry or speed up with a heat tool. Apply embossing paste with a palette knife. Set aside to dry.
- Fussy cut the snowman, sack of toys, rocking horse and stack of toys.
- Die cut Santa, Mrs. Claus, the elves and the sign post.
- Stamp the sign post in Early Espresso with the stamp from Signs of Santa.
- On the 2 1/2″ x 7″ whisper white mat, stamp the snowflakes in Gray Granite with the stamp from Candy Cane Season
- Apply wink of stella to the snowman and his hat. Adhere two small black Faceted Dots for the buttons.
- Apply wink of stella on Santa’s beard and mustache.
- Wet glue all the white mats to the green mats.
- Wet glue the two poppy parade mats to the 12 x 12 Whisper White mat. Cover the seam of these two mats with the long strip of DSP. Adhere with wet glue.
- Pop all the mats to the page.
- Apply adhesive strips to the letters and pop to the mat. Pop the Snowman.
- Pop the elves to the stamped mat. Pop the sign post.
- Pop all the characters to the bottom mat. **note – The rocking horse is double popped.
- Pop the snowflakes to the top of the page.
I sure hope you enjoyed this one. I loved designing it. If you need any supplies to create a page of your own, I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the products below to start filling your shopping cart. Be sure to earn your WOW Customer Loyalty Points with your order.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for a new sampler and the Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Specialty DSP was my inspiration. This gorgeous paper can be found on page189 in our new Annual Catalog. This paper stack is perfect for all crafters, both card makers and scrapbookers.
The Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut papers are Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other. To create my sampler design, I wanted to custom color the lovely paper. I mixed 10 drops of Granny Apple Green ink refill with alcohol in one spritzer and 10 drops of Coastal Cabana in the other. I laid the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut paper over a sheet of 12″x12″ Very Vanilla CS and randomly spritzed with both colors. In that way, I achieved two pieces of custom colored paper, the positive and negative.
Is that not gorgeous? I love the subtle colors. My plan is to cut this sheet into card fronts and create a gift set of thank you cards. More coming on that soon. But for now, back to our sampler. I knew I wanted it to be nature inspired to go along with the floral pattern in the Delightfully Detailed paper.
I started the first block in the sampler with the Serene Garden Bundle. I just love that corner image and it’s so easy to stamp in just the perfect location with our new Stamparatus! The sweet little sentiment is from the Abstract Impressions stamp set. That’s fast becoming another favorite.
The gorgeous dove is also from Serene Garden. The embossed mat was created with the Lovely Floral 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. In the next block, I knew I wanted to use the Stitched Labels Framelits. I cut the largest label in the set in Coastal Cabana and it really made the stitching pop.
That sweet little rose was created by punching one 1 3/8″ scallop circle. I cut the image into a spiral and rolled it with my tweezers. But hang on, I almost forgot to tell you. The color combination for this sampler is Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, and Night of Navy. Love it!!!!
One of the things I love about Stampin’ Up! products is that you can combine the stamps and dies from various sets to create gorgeous projects.
You can’t have a nature inspired art piece without a butterfly. The new Springtime Impressions Thinlits and Petal Pair embossing folder made creating this sampler block easy. I used my sponge daubes to do all the inking and color blending.
Are you just dying to create one of these? Come on into my studio and I’ll teach you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base: Whisper White CS – 12” x 12”
- Base Overlay: Detailed 12” x 12” – Fill 2 spritzers one filled with 10 drops of Granny Apple Green ink refill and the other with 10 drops of Coastal Cabana ink refill and alcohol. Place the overlay on top of a piece of 12×12 Very Vanilla CS. Spritz with the two colors, carefully lift the overlay and let the two pieces dry.
- Mat: Night of Navy CS – 8” x 8”
- Block #1 – Mat – Granny Apple Green – 5” x 2 ½”
Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 ¾” x 2 ¼” – With the stamp from Serene Garden, stamp the image in Night of Navy, using the Stamparatus. Apply one drop of Granny Apple Green Ink refill on an acrylic block and color leaves with a Blender Pen. Ink edges and roll color onto the image with Coastal Cabana ink and a sponge.
Flowers – Coastal Cabana CS – 1” x 4 ¼” – With the stamp from Serene Garden, stamp the image in Coastal Cabana, die cut with the coordinating die from Garden Scene Framelits. Ink the edges in Coastal Cabana. Apply clear wink of stella to the surface of the flowers.
Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 ¼”x 4 ¼” – With the stamp from Abstract Impressions, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy, cut with the die from Petals & More Thinlits.
Ribbon – 5/8” Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – two 5” pieces
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the flowers to the mat. Adhere a piece of tear and tape to the back of the sentiment to adhere the two strips of ribbon. Pop the unit to the mat.
- Block #2 – Mat – Granny Apple Green – 5” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 ¾” x 2 ¼” – emboss with the Layered Leaves embossing folder, lightly ink the edges and embossed surface in Granny Apple Green.
Focal – Stitched Label – Coastal Cabana CS 3 ¾” x 3”, cut with the die from the Stitched Labels Framelits set.
Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 ½” x 3 ½”, cut with the oval from Layering Ovals. Using the stamp from Abstract Impressions, stamp the image in Night of Navy ink.
Rose – Punch one 1 3/8” scallop circle from Coastal Cabana CS, cut into a spiral and roll with a tweezer, forming the rose, glue at the bottom and adhere a rhinestone to the center.
Flower Cluster (under Rose) – Granny Apple Green – 1 ½” x 1 ½” – cut with the die from Bouquet Bundh Framelits.
Leaf Sprigs – Granny Apple Green CS – 1 ¼” x 8 ½”, cut three sprigs from the die in the Bouquet Bunch Framelits set.
Bow – Linen Thread – create a four-loop bow with the Susan Bow Maker.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the sentiment to the label. Adhere the leaf sprigs to the back of the label and pop the unit to the mat. Wet glue the small flower cluster to the bottom of the sentiment. Glue dot the bow to the cluster. Wet glue the rose to the center of the bow.
- Block #3 – Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, embossed with the Lovely Floral TEIF
Bird – Whisper White CS – 3” x 3”, stamp the image from Serene Garden in Night of Navy. Color with Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Write Markers. Cut with the coordinating die from Garden Scene Framelits. Apply clear wink of stella to the green section of the wings.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the bird to the mat.
- Block #4 – Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, Using the stamps from Love What you Do, stamp off the watercolor wash stamp from the Love What You Do stamp set in Coastal Cabana. Stamp the flowers in Night of Navy. Stamp the color wash over the flower heads in Coastal Cabana
Linen Thread – 6”
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Glue dot the bow to the stems of the flowers.
- Block #5 – Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, embossed with the Quilt Top embossing folder
Starburst – punch one from Sparkle Glimmer Paper with the Starburst punch.
Sentiment – punch one 1 ¾” circle from Coastal Cabana CS. Whisper White CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”, stamp the sentiment from the Stitched All Around set in Night of Navy, die cut with the coordinating die.
Leaves – Granny Apple Green CS – 2” x 4 ¼” – emboss the leaves from the Nature’s Roots Framelits, cut the leaves with the matching dies in the same set. Ink the edges of the leaves in Granny Apple Green.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Wet glue the leaves to the back of the starburst. Wet glue the Coastal Cabana circle to the back of the sentiment. Pop the sentiment to the starburst. Glue the element to the mat.
- Block #6 – Mat – Granny Apple Green – 5” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 ¾” x 2 ¼” – emboss with the Petal Pair embossing folder. Ink the flowers in Coastal Cabana and the leaves in Granny Apple Green. Ink the edges on Granny Apple Green.
Butterfly – Whisper White CS – 4 ¼” x 3” – cut the butterfly using the die from Springtime Impressions Thinlits. Ink the body and edges in Night of Navy and the center of the wings in Granny Apple Green.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the butterfly to the center of the mat.
I would love you earn your business. All the products used in this project can be found in my online store. By supporting my business, I can bring you even more projects like this one in the future. Thank you so much.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed the project, your comments are always welcome.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Today I would like to share my latest scrapbook layout with you. One of my lovely club members requested a 12×12 scrapbook layout for her party night. Which, by the way will be my new catalog launch party. And to top things off, Chad Williams, from the Stampin’ Up! home office will be in attendance for the festivities. We are all so excited.
It was difficult fo me to chose which of the new catalog items I wanted to incorporate, they are all so beautiful. But I finally chose the Stitched All Around Bundle, Stained Glass Thinlits, Share What You Love Specialty DSP and the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper.
I started the scrapbook layout by creating my own DSP on a piece 12×12 Whisper White CS for my base layer. Using the leaf image from the Petal Palette stamp set, I randomly stamped around the edge in Mossy Meadow ink. Then inked in the edges in the same color. That was a former in-color that has been brought back to our Neutrals Collection. This was also the beginning of my color palette choice which is Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake and Whisper White. I knew I wanted some kind of scallop trim framing the photo mats, so I cut six of the stain glass images using the Stained Glass Thinlits. My one tip about that, use our adhesive Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets to back your cardstock before die cutting.
To create this little cluster of loveliness, I stamped the daisy image on whisper white cardstock in Rich Razzleberry six times. With my aqua painter I pulled the color that had been stamped through the petals creating a watercolor wash effect. Then I simply punched out the images with the coordinating Daisy Punch. The centers were formed with the image from our Blossom Builder Punch in Crumb Cake and highlighted with a Gold Faceted Gem. The leaves were stamped tone on tone in Mossy Meadow with the stamp from Painted Harvest and punched with the Leaf Punch. That sweet little sunshine sentiment is from the Stitched All Around set, stamped in Blackberry Bliss and cut with the coordinating die. I punched a 1 3/4″ circle from Blackberry Bliss to back it and really made it pop. And oh my, that gorgeous lacy trim is just a border strip from the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. YUMMY!!
That gorgeous accent band is a 4″ x 12″ piece of the “gotta have” Share What You Love Specialty DSP. I accentuated the band even further by adding the 1/4″ Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon to both edges of the border. Talk about texture! The title was stamped in Blackberry Bliss with the image from Stitched All Around and cut with the coordinating die. That bundle is a must-have in my book. Even that sweet little stitched heart, in Blackberry Bliss, is a die from the set.
To accentuate the stained glass die cuts, I also cut a circle to mount each of them using the framelit from the Layering Circles set. Just peel the backing from the adhesive sheet and mount to the circle, easy peasy.
What to create your own scrapbook layout? Here’s a step-by-step how-to video to guide you through the process.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Scrapbook Layout Base Layer – Whisper White CS 12″ x 12″
- Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 9″ x 8 1/2″
- DSP Border – Share What You Love Specialty DSP – 4″ x 12″
- Photo Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 6 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ and Whisper White CS – two @6 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stain Glass Accents – Crumb Cake CS – 4 1/4″ x 9 1/2″ (be sure to back with multipurpose adhesive sheet before die cutting), Rich Razzleberry CS – six @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Titles – Whisper White CS – one @4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, one 1 3/4″ circle punched from Blackberry Bliss
- Flowers – Whisper White CS – two @ 3″ x 12″, Crumb Cake CS – punch 6 images from a scrap with the Blossom Builder Punch.
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – 2″ x 6 1/2″
I would appreciate you visiting my online store to order any needed supplies to complete your scrapbook layout.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Do you have photos sitting in a box? Would you like to scrapbook them, but don’t have time to design a layout? I’ve got a solution with my Lovely Friends scrapbook layout. One element is more beautiful than the next. This 12×12 scrapbook layout is full of interest and texture, but is quick and easy to complete. You could even frame this one and gift it to someone special.
The inspiration for the design was the Painted with Love Specialty Designer Series Papers. I love the rich and bright tones of the Rich Razzleberry, Powder Pink and Melon Mambo with just a splash of gold and Old Olive. I knew I wanted to incorporate some flowers, so I turned to our Pansy punch. That is an oldie but goodie. I punched three images for each of the flowers, inked the edges and gave them some texture by spritzing them and scrunching them up. The perfect stamen was a die cut from Seasonal Layers Dies (psst, it’s a snowflake). Our beautiful Gold Faceted Gems make the centers sparkle.
The big bold sentiment, that I used as my page title, came from the Lovely Friends stamp set. I ran my embossing buddy over the Lots of Labels die cut, stamped the image in versa mark, sprinkled with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Then to finish it off, I randomly stamped the flourish from Timeless Textures in Powder Pink – PERFECT!!
Did you notice the pretty texture on the large Powder Pink mat? It was created with our embossing paste and Pattern Party Masks. Let me show you how easy it is to accomplish in this video tutorial.
Our embossing paste dries so fast, it’s easy to incorporate it into your next project.
Are you ready to see how the magic happens?
- Base Mat – Melon Mambo CS – 12″ x 12″
- Embossed Mat – Powder Pink CS – 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Left Border – Painted with Love DSP – 12″ x 1 3/4″
- Lacy Trim – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 12″, punched with the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch
- Photo Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS, one @ 7″ x 4 1/4″ and two @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″; Whisper White CS, one @ 6 3/4″ x 4″ and two @ 3″ x 3″.
- Title Banner – Painted with Love DSP – 8 1/2″ x 2″
- Sentiment/Title – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, image cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits
- Flowers – Rich Razzleberry CS – punch six images with the Pansy punch; Painted with Love DSP – punch three images with the Pansy punch.
- Flower Centers – Gold Foil Paper – 1″ x 4″ – cut three snowflakes from the Seasonal Layers Dies.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – punch five images with the leaf punch
- Apply embossing paste to the large Powder Pink mat and set aside to dry.
- Ink all pansy flower images in Rich Razzleberry ink (both sides). Spritz the flowers and scrunch, set aside to dry.
- Ink the two strips of DSP in Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Stamp the leaves in Old Olive with the flourish stamps from Timeless Textures.
- Stamp the title from Lovely Friends on the Lots of Label image in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Scatter stamp in Powder Pink the flourish image from Timeless Textures.
- Open up the flower petals, stack with dimensionals, glue the stamen and apply a gold faceted gem to the center.
- Adhere the whisper white decorative ribbon trim to the 12″ piece of DSP.
- Adhere the left border to the base mat with wet glue.
- Adhere the embossed Powder Pink mat to the base mat with wet glue.
- Adhere the Whisper White photo mats to the Rich Razzleberry mats with wet glue.
- Adhere the bottom DSP border to the Powder Pink mat with wet glue.
- Pop the title to the bottom border.
- Wet glue the flowers and leaves around the title.
- Pop the photo mats to the Powder Pink mat.
I would very much appreciate you purchasing the supplies you need to complete the project from my online store.
I hope you enjoyed this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for a birthday sampler made possible by the Cake Soiree Bundle and of course those stinkin’ cute Party Pandas. One of the best parts is that you can earn the panda set for FREE with a qualfying Sale-a-Bration order.
Picture Perfect Birthday is another fabulous new birthday set you’ll want to add to your stash. This is an 18 piece photopolymer set and it will be hard to resist those horn blowers and candles. The sentiments in this set are fantastic with a fresh font and lots of elements to make your projects super cute.
Sale-a-Bration just got more exciting with a new Level 2 offering this year. With a $100 order you can choose the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies for FREE. And guess what, that set will carry over into the next annual catalog, but it won’t be free, so now is your chance. Don’t miss out.
Those little Pandas are just too cute and I’ve created a color wash in the background to make them pop right off the page. That gorgeous birthday cake is the star of the show and can be found in the Cake Soiree Bundle on page 12 of the Occasions Catalog. That bundle contains a gorgeous 18 piece red rubber set with 16 coordinating framelits. Love it!
That stunningly beautiful Sweet Soiree Specialty designer series paper used throughout the project is from the same suite. Each sheet is double sided and one side of each sheet contains silver foiling. You just have to see these in person to really appreciate them.
I’ve recorded a video on this project and welcome you to CASE this birthday sampler and share it with someone special.
Here’s how the birthday sampler magic happens.
Block #1 – Celebrate You
- Basic Black CS – 7 7/8” x 3 1/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 7 ¾” x 3”
- Shimmer White CS – 7 ½” x 2 ¾”
- Celebrate – Marina Mist – 4 ¼” x 1 ½” – cut with the Celebrate You Thinliits Die YOU – Berry Burst – 2” x 1” – cut with the Celebrate You Thinliits Die
- *Note: Color both words with Clear Wink of Stella
- Balloons – one each in Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive – punch with the Balloon Bouquet Punch and emboss with the Scattered Sequins embossing folder.
- Trim – Daffodil Delight – 7 ¾” x 1”, punch with the Decorative Ribbon Punch
- Five Basic Rhinestones in various sizes
- Bow – Powder Pink Tinsel – 8”
Block #2 – Happy Birthday
- Basic Black CS – 3 5/8” x 4 7/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 3 ½” x 4 3/4” – emboss mat with the Oh My Stars embossing folder.
- Happy Birthday – Silver Foil Paper – 3 ½” x 3 ¼”
- Ribbon – 3/8” Berry Burst Metallic-Edge – 4 ½” for wrap and 10” for bow
Block #3 – Birthday Horns
- Basic Black CS – 3 3/8” x 1 3/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 3 ¼” x 1 ¼”
- DSP – Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP – 3” x 1”
- Birthday Horns – Whisper White CS – Picture Perfect Birthday Stamp set
- Horn Base – Stamp one in Marina Mist and one in Berry Burst
- Trim – Stamp one in Marina Mist and one in Berry Burst
- Horn – Stamp one in Daffodil Delight and one in Old Olive
- Fussy cut each of the horn pieces and adhere together with wet glue.
Block #4 – Cue the Confetti
- Basic Black CS – 7 1/8” x 4 3/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 7” x 4 ¼”, emboss with the Falling Softly Embossing Folder
- Top Trim – Whisper White CS – 1” x 4 ¼” – cut with the Petals & More die set
- Sentiment – Silver Foil Paper – 2 ¾” x 2” – cut with the scallop oval die and Whisper White CS – 2 ¾” x 2” – cut with the oval die. Stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Marina Mist and the confetti in Daffodil Delight.
- Cake – Whisper White CS – 3 ¼” x 3 ¼” – Cake Soiree SS – stamp the detailed cake in Archival Black, cut with the coordinating Sweet Cake Framelit. Color the image with a blender pen using Berry Burst, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive inks.
- Cake Stand and Trim – Silver Foil Paper – 3” x 3” – Cut with the dies from Sweet Cake Framelits.
- Basic Rhinestones – 2 small
Block #5 – Birthday Candles
- Basic Black CS – 3 5/8” x 1 7/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 3 ½” x 1 ¾”
- DSP – Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP – 3 ¼” x 1 ½”
- Candles – Whisper White CS – Stamp the candles from Picture Perfect Birthday as follows, Two striped candles in Old Olive, one dotted candle in Marina Mist. All flames in Daffodil Delight. Fussy cut all images.
Block #6 – It’s your big day – Pandas
- Basic Black CS – 7 1/8” x 3 3/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 7” x 3 ¼”
- Shimmer White CS – 6 ¾” x 3” – wash color with an aqua painter using Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight and Old Olive inks.
- Pandas – Whisper White CS – 6 ¼” x 4 ¼” – stamp pandas from Party Pandas set in Archival Black ink. Stamp the “Hi” from that set in the balloon in Marina Mist ink. Fussy cut all.
- Color the heart on the envelope with the Berry Burst Stampin’ Write Marker. Color the party hat with the Powder Pink and Berry Burst Stampin’ Write Markers.
- Banner – Whisper White CS – 3” x 2 ½”, stamp the banner from Birthday Delivery in Archival Black ink. Stamp the sentiment from Birthday Delivery in Marina Mist ink. Color the accents on the flag with Berry Burst and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers. Cut out the image with the coordinating die from the Birthday Friends die set.
- Balloon String – Basic Black Baker’s Twine – 3”
Block #7 – 3D Bow
- Basic Black CS – 4 3/8” x 1 3/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 4 ¼” x 1 ¼”
- DSP – Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP – 4” x 1”
- Bow – Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP – punch two sets of images using the Bow Builder Punch
Block #8 – For You Tag
- Basic Black CS – 3 5/8” x 4 7/8”
- Berry Burst CS – 3 ½” x 4 ¾”, emboss mat with the Oh My Stars embossing folder.
- DSP – Sweet Soiree Specialty DSP – 4” x ¾”
- Scallop Oval – Marina Mist CS – 3” x 4”
- Stitched Oval – Whisper White CS – 2 ¾” x 3 ¾”
- Tag – Berry Burst CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ½” – cut with the die from Sweet Cake Framelits set.
- Sentiment – Daffodil delight – punch one with the 1 1/8” scallop circle punch. Whisper White CS, on a scrap stamp the For You from the Cake Soiree stamp set in Old Olive and punch out with the 1” circle punch.
- Bow – Basic Black Baker’s Twine – 8”
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
This one was a labor of love, because that beautiful young lady in the photo is my special granddaughter, Elisabeth. This young lady has a heart of gold, if I say so myself. I wanted her to know she can do anything she sets her mind to. With a little hope and love, she’s got this!
I just love it when Stampin’ Up! introduces a new tool that can be used in so many different ways. The Daisy Delight Bundle is just that tool to add to your stash. The color combination I used in this design is Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive and Whisper White. Because Stampin’ UP!’s color coordination is unmatched, all I had to do was pick up the colors in the Delightful Daisy DSP and I was all set.
The daisies are stamped in Wisteria Wonder on Whisper White cardstock. Before punching them out, I inked the centers in Calypso Coral and the outer edges in Daffodil Delight. Then with the coordinating Daisy Punch, it was a snap to punch out the images. Those beautiful leaves were punched from Whisper White cardstock and stamped in Old Olive ink with the flourish stamp from Timeless Textures. To finish things off, I inked the edges of the leaves in Old Olive. I think the flower centers add to the texture in just the perfect way. I punched Daffodil Delight cardstock with the 3/4″ circle punch and then ran them through the Big Shot with the Garden Trellis embossing folder. Adding some Daffodil Delight ink around the edges really set them off.
Oh my goodness, can you tell from the titles on this page that I love layering and texture? Each one of those elements have five layers of goodness, some stamping and embossing. And did you notice the background papers? The 12×12 Whisper White mat was stamped in Wisteria Wonder with the grunge stamp from Timeless Textures. I’m not sure what I’ll do when that one retires; it’s my all-time favorite. The Wisteria Wonder mat is scatter stamped with the lovely floral stamp from Awesomely Artistic. This is a quick and easy way to create your own DSP. I’ll bet your asking yourself, how did she get those words to look so dimensional. Can I tell you a secret? I cut them from sticky back fun foam. Isn’t that fantastic?
Last but not least, the lovely lacy accent at the bottom of the DSP mat is a portion of the die cut from the Detailed Gate. Clever, right? I thought so.
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Base Mat: Whisper White 12″ x 12″
- Mat: Wisteria Wonder 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Photo Mat: Whisper White 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- DSP Mat: Daisy Delight DSP 9 1/4″ x 6″
- Daises & Leaves: Whisper White. Stamp ten daisies and punch 8 sets of leaves, punch 5 3/4″ circles from Daffodil Delight and emboss with the Garden Trellis Embossing Folder
- Hearts: Calypso Coral 4 1/4″ x 11. Cut three with the Sassy & Sweet Framelits and emboss with the Quilt Top Embossing Folder
- Stitched Oval. Cut two from Daffodil Delight and one from Whisper White and stamp each with the flourish stamp from Timeless Textures in Daffodil Delight. Stamp the sentiment from You’ve Got This in Calypso Coral.
- Scallop Ovals: Daffodil Delight. Cut one using the layering ovals dies.
- Butterflies: Wisteria Wonder. Cut three with the die from Sunshine Wishes
- Accent Flowers above Hearts. Cut three from Daffodil Delight using the die from Sunshine Wishes
- Words: White Sticky-back fun foam. Cut the words “hope” and “love” using the dies from Sunshine Wishes.
- Lacy Accent: Whisper White. Cut out the bottom portion of the die.
Would you like to see me put this one together? Tune into my YouTube tutorial here and I’ll show you how.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!