One of my favorite cards of the year to create is the one I give my Mom for Mother’s Day. Today’s card is no exception. I wanted something bright, cheerful and of course fancy. That’s when I decided to break out my Timless Tulips bundle and create this lovely z-fold.
First of all, I love the look of Petal Pink with Smoky Slate. It gives a soft, elegant look. Since we live on a farm and Mom loves natrue as much as I do, I wanted to be sure to include those elements. The fabulous Bird Ballad DSP to the rescue. Unfortunately, to make room for more new papers, this pack will retire. But, we’re lucky, in it’s parting days, it’s on sale. Check it out here.
If I say so myself, I think this card is just as pretty open as it is closed. Because I positioned the tulip on the left just right, you get a surprise with another sentiment when you open the card. This Mother’s Day card is truly one of a kind. I sure hope my Mom thinks so.
By stamping the sentiment in Basic Gray, the Happy Mother’s Day greeting really pops. The color palette used in my design was Whisper White, Petal Pink, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and a few hints of Old Olive.
How did I achieve that two tone color look on the tulips? With a makep brush! That type of blending tool is perfect for this type of stamping. You can find a starter set here, on Amazon. The finishing touch was to add a panel on the back for my hand written note and of course to do some stamping on my envelope. I would love you show you how easy this one comes together in my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Z- Fold – Thick Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Mats – Smoky Slate CS – two @ 5 1/4″ x 4″, two @ 2 1/2″ x 4″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, two @ 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″
- Back Sentiment Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- DSP Mats – Bird Ballad DSP – one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″, two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 5″ x 1″, two @ 2 1/4″ x 1″
- Accent Border – Calypso Coral CS – two @ 1″ x 6″, cut with the die from Ornate Borders.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – two @ 2 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – two @ 2″ x 11″ – Tulips, stamp 8 large. Leaves, stamp 6 large and one slender, 8 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.
- DSP Accent Images – Bird Ballad DSP – fussy cut three flower clusters and one trio of birds.
- Grass – Old Olive CS – two @ 1″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from Wiggly Bugs.
- Stems – Old Olive CS – three @ 1/8″ x 3″
- Envelope – Whispe White
- Rhinestones – Champagne – approximately 6 to 7.
Mother’s Day Timeless Tulips Z-Fold Product List
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy creating one of these for someone special in your life. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!