Need a quick and easy birthday card? On top of that you need it a little on the masculine side? I’ve got just the card for you. In today’s card, I’ll show you how easy it is to create your own plaid backgrounds with the new Best Year Bundle from Stampin’ Up!
Because the Best Plaid Builder dies are card size, you can create your own custom backgrounds for just about any card you need. Today though, we can concentrate on a quick and easy masculine style. Lots of blues and a fabulous designer series paper make this one perfect.
My color palette for my Best Year masculine plaid is Whisper White, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy. Throwing in a mat of the In Good Taste designer series paper tied everying together.
Sentiments are no problem with the Best Year set. Those range from birthday, thank you, father’s day, Christmas and just a little hello. But, I knew I wanted to add a big bold sentiment on the inside. Ridiculously Awsome to the rescue.
Let’s take a look at how easy this bundle is to use and create those plaid backgrounds.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. Inside senitment is stamped in Misty Moonlight.
- Designer Series Paper Mat – In Good Taste DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Plaid Die-cut #1 – Seaside Spray CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, cut with the Best Plaid Builder die.
- Plaid Die-cut #2 – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, cut with the Best Plaid Builder die.
- Sentiment Label – Night of Navy CS – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels die set.
- Senitment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels die set.
- Envelope – Whisper White, stamp the hip, hip, hooray and the heart in Misyt Moonlight.
- In Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 3
- Twine – Flowers for Every Season
Best Year Quick & Easy Masculine Birthday Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
That’s right, adventure awaits with the Beautiful World Bundle from Stampin’ Up! Do you love rich colors, travel and adventure themes? How about a more masculine touch to your designs? If you’ve answered yes to any of these, you’re going to love the Beautiful World set.
Quick, turn to pages 24-26 in the new 2020-2021 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog! There, you will find gorgous inspiration using the elements of the World of Good Suite. Don’t have a catalog or a demonstrator? I would love to earn your business and send you a copy. Contact me here, with your mailing address and I’ll send you a new catalog.
With my Adventure Awaits design I tried to incorporate lots of elements from the suite. Did you know we have new in-colors? Yep, that’s right, five to be exact. This card features two of those, Misty Moonlight and Cinnamon Cider. And in true Stampin’ Up! style, everything coordinates, right down to the Misty Moonlight ribbon.
Have you heard? We have new Brass Foil Sheets. I’ve used that to cut the globe stand and the sweet little curly cue. Just the right amount of shine for my Adventure Awaits masculine themed design. Because the World of Good Specialty DSP has brass folded designs as well, it was a perfect match.
Hope you can appreciate all the texture on this card. The quill pen was one of my favorite little added touches. Dotting the “i” really brought importance to the sentiment, don’t you think?
Be sure to check out the video tutorial I’ve got for you. Not only that, I’ve just hit 15,000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel. Hope you are in that number. If not, be sure to subscribe and hit that little bell. That way, you will be notified, via email, the next time I upload a free video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Misty Moonlight CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, words and images stamped in Early Espresso
- Mat- Early Espresso CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP Focal Mat – World of Good Specialty DSP – 3″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 3 1/4″, stamped in Early Espresso. Punched with the Lovel Label Pick a Punch.
- Feather – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″, stamped off, 2nd generation with Early Espresso ink. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
- Globe Base – Misty Moonlight CS 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Globe Accent – Early Espresso CS – 2″ x 2″
- Globe Stand and Swirl – Brass Foil Sheet – 2 1/4″ x 3″
- NOTE: All globe pieces are cut with the coordinating dies from the World Map set.
- Ribbon – Misty Moonlight – 5″
Adventure Awaits with Beautiful World Product List
Hope you enjoyed this one, would love to hear from you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome!! Sorry I’ve been absent for a bit. But, I’m back and ready to share!!! I’ve been asked to add some masculine designs. Today I’m kicking that off with a card created with the Nature’s Beauty stamp set.
Because I’ve used a few techniques in this one, you’ll want to sit back, relax and take in all the details.
As lots of you know, I’m a country girl. Still on the family farm at age 66. Yep, I said it and pretty proud ot it. We are surrounded here with nature’s beauty. So, I was definately drawn to this set. The detailed line art images are fabulous.
This card started with the selection of the background DSP. That gorgeous embossed mat is from the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. One of the best parts about it, it’s currently on sale. Here’s an upclose look, so that you can appreciate all the lovely designs and possibilities.
Nature’s Beauty paired with the Mountain Air bundle was the perfect choice to add lots of dimension and texture to today’s card. The Mountain Air bundle is another that will carry over. But, don’t wait, get that one now to enjoy your 10% discount. In the new catalog, they will be sold separately and you’ll loose that discount.
Ready to create? Follow along with me in today’s video tutorial. After that, be sure to check out all the details, dimensions and a full supply list.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Soft Suede CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Trees – Garden Green CS – 3 1/2″ x 7 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Majestic Mountain set.
- Stitched Label – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Nested Labels set.
- Clouds – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Garden Green and fussy cut. Soft Suede CS – 1″ x 2 1/4″, use as backer for the Whisper White fussy cut sentiment.
- Mountains – Soft Suede CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set. Emboss with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. Apply embossing paste as outlined in the video tutorial.
- Inside Mats – Soft Suede CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Whisper White 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Envelope – Whisper White
Nature’s Beauty Masculine Card Product List
Did you enjoy that? I sure do hope so. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!