Today’s card is extra special. It’s for my Dad’s 90th birthday. He loves all the cards I create for him, but he really enjoys the fancy folds. My Dad still works on the farm, has a heart of gold, is faith filled and definitely the leader in the family. He is fun-loving, a social butterfly and cooks for the masses. He is a sweetheart, very giving and loves my Mom to the moon. They’ve been married 68 years.
When I give him his 90th birthday card, I hope to see a smile just like this one. This photo was taken on his 80th. We definitely need to take one on January 3rd to celebrate his special day.
The four-panel fancy fold is easy but gives you lots of paper crafting real estate to add lots of sentiments and/or embellishments. I had so much to say, I needed all that room to relay all those feelings.
Did you notice the World of Good Specialty DSP on page 25 of the Annual Catalog? It’s the perfect paper stack for masculine cards.
A 90th birthday celebration wouldn’t be complete without lots of glitz and shine. Bringing in lots of our Brass Foil paper added that vibe to his card.
By stamping the globe in versa mark I was able to emboss it. Then coloring it with a wash of Misty Moonlight it added a very realistic look to the ocean water.
Now this sentiment was just so perfect, I had to include it. You can get the set, Approaching Perfection during the Sale-a-Bration promotion beginning January 5th. You can earn it for FREE with a qualifying order.
So what do you think? Will dad love it? I sure do hope it makes him feel as special as he is. Be sure to leave a comment on my YouTube Video for a chance to win one of these cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″, turn and with the 1/4″ scoreline at the top, score at 5/8″ down to the 7 1/4″ scoreline. Cut off the 5/8″ score. For the card base, also cut one piece at 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Mats – Misty Moonlight CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″; two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 11/16″; one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DPS Mats – World of Good Specialty DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″; two @ 3″ x 4 1/2″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Banners – World of Good Specialty DSP – one @ 1 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 2″ x 5″, punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Scallop Squares – Brass Foil – one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 2″ x 2″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ cut with the dies from the Layering Squares set.
- Scallop Oval – Brass Foil – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the dies from the Layering sets listed above.
- Globe – Brass Foil – 2″ x 2″ cut with the die from the World Map set
- Globe Stand – Brass Foil – 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the World Map set
- Beaded Strips – Brass Foil two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Field Tiles set
- Stamped Globe – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, stamped in versa mark and embossed with black embossing powder. Heat set with the heat tool. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
90th Birthday 4-Panel Fancy Fold Product List
Here’s wishing my Dad a very Happy 90th birthday and many more!!! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Need a quick and easy birthday card? On top of that you need it a little on the masculine side? I’ve got just the card for you. In today’s card, I’ll show you how easy it is to create your own plaid backgrounds with the new Best Year Bundle from Stampin’ Up!
Because the Best Plaid Builder dies are card size, you can create your own custom backgrounds for just about any card you need. Today though, we can concentrate on a quick and easy masculine style. Lots of blues and a fabulous designer series paper make this one perfect.
My color palette for my Best Year masculine plaid is Whisper White, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight and Night of Navy. Throwing in a mat of the In Good Taste designer series paper tied everying together.
Sentiments are no problem with the Best Year set. Those range from birthday, thank you, father’s day, Christmas and just a little hello. But, I knew I wanted to add a big bold sentiment on the inside. Ridiculously Awsome to the rescue.
Let’s take a look at how easy this bundle is to use and create those plaid backgrounds.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. Inside senitment is stamped in Misty Moonlight.
- Designer Series Paper Mat – In Good Taste DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Plaid Die-cut #1 – Seaside Spray CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, cut with the Best Plaid Builder die.
- Plaid Die-cut #2 – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, cut with the Best Plaid Builder die.
- Sentiment Label – Night of Navy CS – 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels die set.
- Senitment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels die set.
- Envelope – Whisper White, stamp the hip, hip, hooray and the heart in Misyt Moonlight.
- In Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 3
- Twine – Flowers for Every Season
Best Year Quick & Easy Masculine Birthday Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
That’s right, adventure awaits with the Beautiful World Bundle from Stampin’ Up! Do you love rich colors, travel and adventure themes? How about a more masculine touch to your designs? If you’ve answered yes to any of these, you’re going to love the Beautiful World set.
Quick, turn to pages 24-26 in the new 2020-2021 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog! There, you will find gorgous inspiration using the elements of the World of Good Suite. Don’t have a catalog or a demonstrator? I would love to earn your business and send you a copy. Contact me here, with your mailing address and I’ll send you a new catalog.
With my Adventure Awaits design I tried to incorporate lots of elements from the suite. Did you know we have new in-colors? Yep, that’s right, five to be exact. This card features two of those, Misty Moonlight and Cinnamon Cider. And in true Stampin’ Up! style, everything coordinates, right down to the Misty Moonlight ribbon.
Have you heard? We have new Brass Foil Sheets. I’ve used that to cut the globe stand and the sweet little curly cue. Just the right amount of shine for my Adventure Awaits masculine themed design. Because the World of Good Specialty DSP has brass folded designs as well, it was a perfect match.
Hope you can appreciate all the texture on this card. The quill pen was one of my favorite little added touches. Dotting the “i” really brought importance to the sentiment, don’t you think?
Be sure to check out the video tutorial I’ve got for you. Not only that, I’ve just hit 15,000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel. Hope you are in that number. If not, be sure to subscribe and hit that little bell. That way, you will be notified, via email, the next time I upload a free video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Misty Moonlight CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, words and images stamped in Early Espresso
- Mat- Early Espresso CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP Focal Mat – World of Good Specialty DSP – 3″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 3 1/4″, stamped in Early Espresso. Punched with the Lovel Label Pick a Punch.
- Feather – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″, stamped off, 2nd generation with Early Espresso ink. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
- Globe Base – Misty Moonlight CS 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Globe Accent – Early Espresso CS – 2″ x 2″
- Globe Stand and Swirl – Brass Foil Sheet – 2 1/4″ x 3″
- NOTE: All globe pieces are cut with the coordinating dies from the World Map set.
- Ribbon – Misty Moonlight – 5″
Adventure Awaits with Beautiful World Product List
Hope you enjoyed this one, would love to hear from you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome!! Sorry I’ve been absent for a bit. But, I’m back and ready to share!!! I’ve been asked to add some masculine designs. Today I’m kicking that off with a card created with the Nature’s Beauty stamp set.
Because I’ve used a few techniques in this one, you’ll want to sit back, relax and take in all the details.
As lots of you know, I’m a country girl. Still on the family farm at age 66. Yep, I said it and pretty proud ot it. We are surrounded here with nature’s beauty. So, I was definately drawn to this set. The detailed line art images are fabulous.
This card started with the selection of the background DSP. That gorgeous embossed mat is from the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. One of the best parts about it, it’s currently on sale. Here’s an upclose look, so that you can appreciate all the lovely designs and possibilities.
Nature’s Beauty paired with the Mountain Air bundle was the perfect choice to add lots of dimension and texture to today’s card. The Mountain Air bundle is another that will carry over. But, don’t wait, get that one now to enjoy your 10% discount. In the new catalog, they will be sold separately and you’ll loose that discount.
Ready to create? Follow along with me in today’s video tutorial. After that, be sure to check out all the details, dimensions and a full supply list.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Soft Suede CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Trees – Garden Green CS – 3 1/2″ x 7 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Majestic Mountain set.
- Stitched Label – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Nested Labels set.
- Clouds – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/2, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Garden Green and fussy cut. Soft Suede CS – 1″ x 2 1/4″, use as backer for the Whisper White fussy cut sentiment.
- Mountains – Soft Suede CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set. Emboss with the Subtle 3D embossing folder. Apply embossing paste as outlined in the video tutorial.
- Inside Mats – Soft Suede CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. Whisper White 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Envelope – Whisper White
Nature’s Beauty Masculine Card Product List
Did you enjoy that? I sure do hope so. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!