I love it when a project serves double duty. Today’s swing fold gift card holder does just that. It’s a Christmas card and a gift card holder all in one. But wait, there’s more! It’s a fancy fold on top of that.
The swing fold has been out there a while. But, this time, we’re going to use that to our advantage. By pulling one side to the right and other to the left, voila you reveal the gift card holder.
Pretty fancy, right? Because I used the Gift Wrapped bundle again today, that stinkin’ cute bow is a quick and easy embellishment for your swing fold.
By adding a little Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon and one of the Glitter Star Ornaments, I was able to make this gift card hold a little more special.
Would you like to learn how to create the swing fold? I promise it’s not difficult. You will need a good trimmer with both a cutting and scorring blade.. Psst….. we have a one of the best at a very reasonable price.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cherry Cobbler CS – 6 3/4″ x 5 1/2″ – to cut, place your paper in the trimmer with the 6 3/4″ at the top. Line up the left edge at 5 1/2″.Cut from 1 1/4 to 4 1/4″. Turn 180 degrees and repeat. Turn to the 5 1/2″ side and line up the left edge at 4 1/4″. Cut from 1 1/4″ to 2 3/4″ and from 4″ to 5 1/2″ . Turn 180 degrees and repeat. Now you are ready to score. Place your paper in the trimmer with the 6 3/4″ side at the top. Line up the left edge at 2 3/4″, score from the top to 1 1/4″ and from 4 1/4″ to the bottom. Turn 180 degrees and repeat.The first score line is a mountain and the second is a valley.
- DSP Mats – Tis the Season DSP – two @ 2 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 1″ x 1″. To cut the larger mats, place the paper in the trimmer with the 51/4 side at the top. Line up the right edge at 1″. Cut from the top to 1 1/2″. Line up the left edge @ 1″ , cut from the top to 1 1/2″. Turn the DSP to the 2 1/2″ side. Line up the left edge @ 1″. Cut from 1″ to 4 1/4″.
- Front Mats – Garden Green CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″ and Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″. Stamp the senitment in Garden Green, more to the upper right. Scatter stamp the stars in Cherry Cobbler.
- Back Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 1/2″
- Gift Card Holder – Garden Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″, embossed with the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder.
- Bow – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the image in Cherry Cobbler and color with the Light Shaded Spruce Blend. Punch with the Gift Bow Builder punch.
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – 6″
- Rhinestones – 3 small
- Glitter Star Ornament – 1
Swing Fold Gift Card Holder Product List
How many of these do you need for your gift giving? Hope you give it a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome!! I’m giddy with excitement to share my tri-fold jar of flowers card and gift in one. That’s right, the card actually holds a little gift. Because it contains a handmade wildflower seed packet, the receipient can remember this card for months to come.
This is just the front of my tri-fold jar of flowers card. Because I’ve added an additional panel, we’ve got lots of real estate to decorate! The star of the show is the Jar of Flowers bundle. It’s a punch and stamp set bundle. That makes creating super easy.
First of all, I chose my designer series paper. Using the Flowers for Every Season 6 x 6 stack was a no-brainer. The patterns, in that paper stack, will carry you through every season of the year. It’s even got Christmas patterns you can chose from. By popping the jar of flowers to the gorgeous Ornate Layers die cut, it really set the stage.
And the coloring was easy with our Stampin’ Blends. I even used the Light Shaded Spruce to custom color the pearls for my sentiment. What’s even more special about the Jar of Flowers set, it’s a revisible set. That’s how I created the water in the jar.
Open up the first flap of my tri-fold jar of flowers card and reveal the second of three sentiments. I didn’t waste any of the DSP, using the cut-offs to create the banners. Because I wanted to add extra texture to this panel, I embossed the Just Jade mat with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.
Last, but certainly not least, the inside mat is stamped, 2nd generation, with that big sunflower from the Celebrate Sunflowers set. That gave me the opportunity to have a backdrop for my last little sentiment. Time for our wildflower seed packet.
How sweet is that? The seed packet reminds me of my dad. He is a farmer and I remember little seed packets like this everywhere. They were filled with seeds that eventually made their way to the fields and an abundance of vegetables.
But today, my little seed packet is filled with wildflower seeds. Can you imagine how happy the receipient will be to see these popping up in their garden? I’m sending one off to my daughter today.
Here it is, opened up to reveal all the panels. I just love how this one turned out. Loved it so much, I created 8 more for my WOW Team Card Swap. Hosting our Team Card Swaps is something I always look forward to. Wait until you see the other cards. Those will be coming in a blog post soon. Don’t miss it. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you’re notified each time I have a new posting. Ready to make one of these? Of course I’ve got not only a FREE video tutorial, but a complete downloadable PDF.
Ready for some FREE PDF’s?
Here you go, just click on the highlighted areas below to bring up the documents.
But wait, there’s more!! Would you like a file for the labels I used on my Wildflower Seed Packets? Print it out on a sheet of Whisper White cardstock. Then you can easily punch out the labels with the Timeless Label Punch. Psst…. it fits perfect!!
I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the images below to start filling your shopping cart.
Tri-Fold Jar of Flowers Product List
Would love to hear your feedback on this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Need some graduation gift card holders? How about some little thank you gifts? I’ve got the perfect solution. Pick up the Parcels & Petals stamp set with the Perfect Parcel Dies. That’s what I’ve used to create this super cute gift set for a very special someone.
Is that not just too cute? Someone very special, performed a wonderful act of kindness to our family recently. We all knew we wanted her to feel extra special. I thought about her the entire time I was creating this Parcels & Petals gift set.
The Perfect Parcel gift box is the right size for a gift card. Because the Best Dressed DSP stack is filled with lovely, happy, floral patterns, I started things off there. That stack will retire very soon. Be sure to pick up a pack or two before June 2nd.
To create the flower I used a few punches, all of which will be carried over to our new 2020-2021 Annual catalog. Check out the Small Bloom, Sprig and Perennial Flower punches. Spritzing the images, with our Champagne Shimmer Paint, gave them just the right amount of sparkle.
Additionally, I needed a couple of graduation gift sets. So I’ve included an alternative card for that. My beautiful daughter and granddaughter are both graduating and this will make a super sweet gift for each of them. See, I told you it was very versatile.
Did you notice the stamping behind the embossing? I love that look. I scatter stamped the Daffodil Delight mat, tone on tone. Then added all that luscious texture with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder.
Stretching the use of my dies is always at the top of my list. This time I cut two of the detailed die cuts to create my own accent label. I just love how that turned out.
A little technique is involved when assembling the gift box. Don’t worry, I’ve filmed a tutorial to show you how. It’s quick, easy and you don’t have to destroy the box to get to the goodies.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Download my FREE PDF for my Parcels & Petals Gift Set. Just click on the link below.
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. You can click on any of the images below to start shopping.
Petals & Parcels Gift Set Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
It’s getting to be that time of the year – Teacher Appreciation Week. Need a sweet gift that your kiddos will be happy to present to that special teacher? We have fabulous Copper Tea Tins in the Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog. You can find those on page 173. They are the perfect size to decorate and fill with goodies.
But this sweet gift isn’t just for one occasion. Because it’s so versatile, you could use it for birthdays, get well wishes, congratulations and so much more. The Copper Tea Tins are sold in a set of four. That makes them super economical.
What makes this one so special is the gorgeous Flowering Foils Specialty DSP. By placing a $50 order, before tax/shipping, you can earn it for free. Sale-a-Bration will be ending March 31,2020, so don’t miss out.
By using sponge daubers in Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral, I was easily able to color my paper. To fill in the flowers and berries, I used our Stampin’ Blends. Those alcohol markers are the best coloring tool around.
To really step things up a notch I added in a greeting from Silhouette Scenes. But you can customize your stamped image to any occasion. I’ve added a selection of a few of our fabulous embellishments to make my gift super special. Want to learn how to color this fabulous paper and create a little gift like this one? Here’s a free video tutorial for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Bellyband – Flowering Foils Specialty DSP – 2 1/2″ x 12″
- Focal Die Cut – Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Flower – Flowering Foils Specialty DSP – fussy cut a rose
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment and punch with the 1″ circle punch
- Scallop Circle – Daffodil Delight CS – scrap – punch oen 1 1/8″ scallop circle
Copper Tea Tins with Flowering Foils DSP Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Need a gift bag for a special event? Why not create your own? Share your special papercrafting skills with those you love. This beautiful Parisian gift bag would be perfect for your next wedding gift.
The gorgeous papers in the Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP started things off. The color palette of Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party and Petal Pink was perfect for my Parisian gift bag.
Stamping the gorgeous cherry blossom branch in Basic Gray gave the gift bag a vintage look. And I’m all about that. I used my Stampin’ Blends to color the image. To build your stash of blends, why not add a combo pack to each order. You’ll have your collection built in no time flat.
That gorgeous swirl is one of my favorite dies in the set. By cutting two from champagne foil, I really added a lot of texture and shine to my Parisian gift bag.
To give the word, amour, a little more depth and dimension I used some sticky back fun foam. By offsetting it with a cherry cobbler die cut, it really helps to pop the word on the gift bag.
Combining elements from both bundles in the Parisian Blossoms Suite made my Parisian gift bag extra special. And that fabulous Eiffel Tower, cut from basic gray cardstock is definitely the star of the show.
The Pool Party banner really ties everything together. And I couldn’t resist stampomg that beautiful verse.
Are you ready to create this one? I’ld love to share my video tutorial with you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- White Gift Bag – PaperMart – 8″ x 10 1/4″
- Banner – Pool Party CS – 3″ x 9″
- Mats – Petal Pink CS – 7″ X 7″ AND Cherry cobbler CS – 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- DSP Mat – Parisian Blossoms Specialty DSP – 6″ x 6″
- Banner Accent – PetalPincl CS – 1″ x 3″, cut with the die from Painted Labels die set.
- Swirls – Champagne Foil – two @ 2″ x 3″, cut with the die from Parisian die set.
- Eiffel Tower – Basic Gray CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from Parisian die set.
- Flowers – Pool Party CS – 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Cherry Blossoms die set.
- Leaves – Old Olove CS – 2″ x 2″, cut with the dies from the Cherry Blossoms die set.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Amour – Cherry Cobbler CS and White Fun Foam – one each 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from Parisian die set.
Parisian Gift Bag Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I am over the moon excited to share today’s project with you. First of all, be sure to check out the Tropical Oasis Suite on pages 38-40 in the Stampin’ Up! Mini Catalog. It’s going to put a smile on your face, because the colors are just plain happy!
During the Easter break my husband and I will be joining our son, daughter-in-law and two beautful grandchildren on a 7-day Hawaiian Cruise. I’m giddy with excitement. When I saw the Tropical Oasis Suite, I knew I wanted to create a sweet pillow gift for them. As a result, my easel box card came to life. And here it is.
Ok, tell me you just didn’t smile. I love everything about this project. The colors are bright and cheery and the stamped images remind me of Hawaii. Finally, it’s got a little drawer for me to fill with treats.
Because the Tropical Oasis Designer Series Papers are so beautiful, it took me a few minutes to decide on which pattern to use. Certainly, one sheet is more lovely than the next. But, I really like the way the birds of paradise peek through behind the palm trees.
Above all, I wanted to create lots of texture on the box. For that reason, I cut some Daffodil Delight mats and embossed them with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder. And that Braided Burlap Trim, well, let’s just say I’ve got another bolt on my next order.
Coloring the flower was really quick and easy. Stampin’ Blends to the rescue. Not only that, I was able to change the color of our basic pearls to Real Red to really make the flower centers pop.
And how in the world could we go on our Hawaiian adventure without adding a little aloha greeting. I cut one from Real Red and one from Whisper White. Then I glued them together, offsetting slightly. To top it off, I made sure to cover the surface with by Wink of Stella Pen.
Adding this sweet back panel gave me a chance to leave the kiddos a message. Want to create one? Here’s my video tutorial to teach you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Drawer – Soft Suede CS – 6″ x 6″, scored on all sides at 1″.
- Drawer Wrap – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/8″ x 11″, scored @ 1 1/8″, 5 1/4″, 6 3/8″, and 10 1/2″.
- Easel Card – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/8″ x 8 1/4″, scored @ 4 1/8″ and 6 1/4″
- Easel Panel – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Daffodil Delight Mats – three @ 3 7/8″ x 3 7/8″.
- DSP Mats – Tropical Oasis DSP – three @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Daffodil Delight Embossed Mats – two @ 1″ x 4″ and four @ 7/8″ x 3 7/8″, embossed with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – one @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and one @ 4 1/4″ x 3″
- Back Panel – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2″
- Aloha Die Cut – Real Red CS and Whisper White CS – one in each color, 1″ x 3″
- Small Flowers – Daffodil Delight CS – 1″ x 1 1/4″
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 1″ x 2″
- Braided Trim – 8″
- Pearls – three
Tropical Oasis Easel Box Card Product List
Hope you give one a try. If you do, would love to hear from you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!