Boo, y’all, it’s Trick or Treat time! It’s all about the candy. With this super cute Spooky Sweets Halloween candy jar you are going to look like a crafting genius. How many little ghouls and goblins do you have on your treat list? You will want to be sure to create one of these for the prettiest pumpkin in your patch.
I found the candy jars and candy at my local Dollar Tree. Do you see a pattern here? I think I need a 12-step program. I’m addicted to Dollar Tree. Can’t help it. There are so many items you can alter and create super cute gifts for the upcoming Halloween and holiday season. Everything is just too BOO-ti-ful to pass up.
Because ghouls just want to have fun, you will want to put the Spooky Sweets bundle on your next order. Creating multiples is so much easier with a punch.
I created the focal image on the candy jar with just a few pieces of card stock in Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry and Basic Black. That geometric image is a die cut from the Beautiful Layers Thinlits set. There’s more than one way to use a die!
It’s tough to photograph all the sparkle. But, I promise, the bats and the moon are all sparkly thanks to our Champagne Shimmer Mist. Just add a few drops in a Stampin’ Spritzer with 70% alcohol and spritz away. Instant shimmer and shine, but beware, you will become addicted.
Would you like to see how I put this Halloween cutie together? Here’s another of my FREE video tutorials to do just that.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Lid Band – Pumpkin Pie CS – 3/8″ x 11″
- Circle – Basic Black CS – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the 2 7/8″ Layering Circle framelit
- Focal – Pumpkin Pie CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from Beautiful Layers
- Moon – Crushed Curry CS – punch one 2″ circle, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, ink the edges heavily in Crushed Curry.
- Bats – Basic Black – punch one of each size with the Spooky Bats punch, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Sentiment – Whisper White scrap – stamp the sentiment from Spooky Sweets in Pumpkin Pie. Fussy cut the image.
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you may need for the project.
When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween! Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I’m always on the hunt for quick and easy gift giving ideas. Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I knew I wanted to use our Seasonal Layers framelits. I love the leaves in that set. And what says Fall better than rich colored leaves?
Lucky me, I found these cute mugs at my local Dollar Tree. As soon as I saw the leaf design, I knew they would compliment the leaves in our Seasonal Layers set. And to make matters even better, I scooped up some of the Fall Taffy. I think that’s a match made in Fall heaven.
It was easy to pull the perfect color combo for my Seasonal Layers holiday mug. Stampin’ Up!’s color palette is so versatile and trendy. I found the perfect color match, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze and Garden Green. I wanted the tag to be over the top pretty, so Tin Tile Dynamic Textures Embossing Folder to the rescue.
Be sure to lightly spritz your paper with water before running it through the Big Shot with this folder. It really makes the embossing pop. I cut a scallop circle with our Layering Circles Framelit and then highlighted the raised areas with Pumpkin Pie ink. Next, my Seasonal Layers leaves; one each in Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Garden Green created the perfect focal image.
Did you notice the polka dot tulle is tinted in Pumpkin Pie? That’s an easy technique I can teach you now to do in my FREE video tutorial.
Are you making your gift list? Who are the lucky ones that will receive one of these? I know you just can’t wait to create some of your own.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Tag – Scallop Circle – Thick Whisper White CS – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the Layering Circles framelits and embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, Pumpkin Pie CS – 2″ x 2 1/2″, and Garden Green CS – 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the dies from Seasonal Layers. Stamp tone on tone, on the Cajun Craze and Garden Green leaves with the stamp from Touches of Texture.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment from Itty Bitty Greetings in Pumpkin Pie. Dovetail both ends.
- Ribbon – Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – 2 pieces at 8″ each
- Linen Thread – approximately 30″
- Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets – 1 small
- Cello Bag – 6″ x 8″
If you need some supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I’m not sure we should really refer to this event as a service project because it’s more of a pleasure. Vising our local nursing home, Riverbend, is something we all look forward to. We get to spend time with twenty of the most lovely, sweet people I’ve had the privilege of getting to know. I’m always reminded of a quote about service that really touches my heart.
We visit the nursing home on a quarterly basis to create a project with our friends. To make it even better, I group of dedicated volunteers join me to make this day very special. This time, I designed a sweet little framed piece they can place on their bedside table. Hopefully it will remind them that we are thinking of them and that they are near to our hearts.
I started this project by visiting my local Dollar Tree to get some inspiration. I needed to prepare 20 kits and design a project that isn’t too challenging for our friends at the Nursing Home. I noticed the 5 1/2″ x 7″ frames and my creative wheels started to turn. I remembered the sweet sentiment in the Hold on to Hope stamp set and thought I could design a bedside frame featuring that sentiment. I knew the beautiful stitched frame from the Stitched Labels set would make a great focal image.
The background for each of the frames will be a little different because I used the the beautiful papers in the Garden Impressions DSP stack. This helped to bring some color to the project. Then I knew I wanted to accentuate the focal image. The beautiful large flourish from the Flourish Thinlets set was perfect. That is one of my all time favorite sets and I use it all the time. I also cut the frame accent piece using the same set.
To make it a little easier for our friends to adhere those intricate pieces, I backed the cardstock with our Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. That way, it’s just like a sticker.
Everyone there loves flowers and little bling. So, I broke out my new Four-Petal Flower Punch and my Leaf Punch to start creating flowers from the Garden Impressions DSP. The leaves, punched from Shaded Spruce CS, needed some texture, so running them through the Big Shot with the Petal Burst Embossing Folder did the trick. The flower center was cut from the die from the Springtime Impressions set. And of course, I had to add some “diamonds” as the ladies at the home call it.
Would you like to create these with some friends at your local nursing home? I sure hope so. Just in case, here is an easy how-to video to help you out. If you decide to do this, I would love to hear about your visit.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Inside Frame – Night of Navy CS – 7″ x 5″, cut the center out using the cardboard template that comes inside the purchased frame.
- DSP – Garden Impressions – 6″ x 4 1/4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Labels Framelits. Stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy Ink. I did use my Stamparatus to do this step, since we had to prep 20 kits.
- Fourish – Blushing Bride CS – 4 3/4″ x 3″, back the cardstock with the multipurpose adhesive sheets, cut with the die from the Flourish Thinlits set.
- Heart – Blushing Bride CS – use a scrap – cut the small stitched heart from the die in the Stitched Labels Framelits set.
- Frame Accent – Melon Mambo CS – 5 1/4″ x 1″, back the cardstock with the multipurpose adhesive sheets, cut with the die from the Flourish Thinlits set.
- Flowers – Garden Impressions DSP – punch four images with the Four-Petal Flower Punch.
- Leaves -Shaded Spruce CS – punch four images with the Leaf Punch and run them through the Big Shot with the Petal Burst embossing folder.
- Flower Centers – Blushing Bride CS – use scraps to cut two of the small flower images with the die from the Springtime Impressions set.
If you need some supplies to complete this project, I would appreciate you visiting and shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
We’ve got a fabulous new limited-time bundle, Blended Seasons, that will make creating cards quick and easy, but oh so beautiful. This exclusive 12-piece red rubber stamp set and coordinating10-piece die set will take you through every season of the year. Blended Seasons can be used to create Christmas, Fall, Thank You, Congrats, and Thinking of You cards. This bundle is available only while supplies last during the month of August 2018.
Lucky, lucky us, Stampin’ UP! has also released a new 10-piece package of Watercolor Pencils in some yummy new fresh colors. And aren’t they beautiful. If you haven’t tried Watercolor Pencils, Blended Seasons is the perfect set to get you started. They are so forgiving and can be blended with either a Blender Pen, Aqua Painter or Clear Wink of Stella Pen.
For my first Blended Seasons project, and certainly not the last, I created a lovely Christmas card gift set. This would be a great hostess, teacher, or special friend gift. The set includes four cards and envelopes and they are all packaged in one of our Acetate Card Boxes.
One of the best parts of this creation is that I’m giving you a sneak peek of some new Holiday Catalog products. I was lucky enough to get these during my Alaska Incentive Trip.
So, this month scoop up the Blended Seasons bundle, earn your $5 coupon for every $50 in your order and then in September you get to redeem the coupons for the gorgeous All Is Bright DSP and the Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder.
I didn’t have my new watercolor pencils when I designed this gift set, so I used our Stampin’ Write Markers in Cherry Cobbler, Call Me Clover and Shaded Spruce. See how versatile the coloring is with Blended Seasons. You can use your coloring medium of choice, whether that’s Watercolor Pencils, Stampin’ Write Markers or Stampin’ Blends.
The belly band features another new Holiday Catalog product, the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I’m so happy I won that one on the Alaska Incentive Trip. It’s my favorite and I’m sure you’ll want to add it to your stash.
I would love to teach you how to put this Blended Season gift set together. Here’s a quick and easy how-to video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Card Set – NOTE: You’ll be creating four cards as follows.
- Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Either Call Me Clover or Cherry Cobbler CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder
- Banner – All Is Bright DSP – 2″ x 5″, punch one end with the Triple Banner Punch
- Focal Image – Either Call Me Clover or Cherry Cobbler CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″, Stamp the image in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Color as you like with your medium of choice. I used Stampin’ Write Markers in Cherry Cobbler, Call Me Clover and Shaded Spruce.
- Envelopes – Whisper White
Gift Box – One Clear Acetate Card Box
- Belly Band – All Is Bright DSP – 3″ x 12″
- Focal – Cherry Cobbler CS – 4 1/4″x 5 1/2″, emboss with the Tin Tile Dynamic Embossing Folder and Call Me Clover CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, be sure to keep the scraps of each color to cut the floral piece.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″ – Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler
- Bow – Gold Glimmer Paper – 2 3/4″ x 1 1/4″
- Floral Piece – Call Me Clover and Cherry Cobbler scraps from above. Cut one in each color so that you can dissect and layer.
Remember, I can’t list the new catalog supplies yet, because they will not be available to order until September 5th. If you need a catalog, please let me know, I’ld be happy to send you a FREE copy. If you need some supplies to complete your Blended Seasons Gift Sets, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I am so very excited to share this Keepsake Memory Box with you. My beautiful granddaughter, Elisabeth, was the inspiration for this project. I love traditions and am very sentimental. So this keepsake is truly special. Not to mention, I created it for my sister’s club night. She loves 3D projects and she has her own granddaughter she loves to spoil.
I created the Keepsake Memory Box in two different color combinations, so that you could appreciate the versatility of the design. And can you believe it, I used our Daisy punch to create that gorgeous dimensional flower that is the star of the show.
Which is your favorite? I guess it depends on what colors you are drawn to. The flower above is done in Tranquil Tide, While this one is Rich Razzleberry to match our gorgeous new Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Did you notice how dimensional the “amazing you” words are? I achieved that by stacking the Dazzling Diamonds die cut onto a die cut from white fun foam. Here’s another great tip, you only need one piece of 12×12 designer paper to decorate the entire box. Here’s a cutting chart for you to get the most from your paper.
How’s that for making the most out of your designer series paper. No excuse now, you need to use those beautiful papers.
The box is large enough for your most important keepsake. Mine is a lovely lace hanky I purchased during a recent trip to Burano, Italy. It’s monogramed with an “E” for my sweet girl and I’m hoping she will use it on her wedding day. Even though, that’s years away, it struck me when I saw it and I knew I wanted to get it for her.
The cute Labels To Love stamp set was perfect to create the label I tucked into the back of the box. I wanted to be sure to use my own handwriting and because our products are all color coordinated that was easy. I used our Stampin’ Write Marker in Tranquil Tide.
I’ve published a how-to video on my YouTube Channel. Hope you take a moment to watch.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Box – Whisper White CS – 10″ x 10″, scored on all four sides at 2 3/4″
- Wrap for Box – Thick Whisper White CS – two pieces at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ score on one side of each at 2 3/4″
- Wrap Mats – Basic Black CS four @ 5 1/2″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 5 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and DSP four @5″ x 4 3/4″ and two @ 4 3/4″ x 2″
- Inside Box – Coordinating CS – four @ 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 4 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, emboss all with the Quilt Top embossing folder.
- Outside Box – Coordinating CS – four @ 2 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and DSP three @ 2 1/4″ x 4″ and coordinating CS – one at 2 1/2″ 4 1/4″, embossed with the Quilt Top embossing folder.
- Flower – three whisper white daisy images and two coordinating card stock images.
- Leaves – Vellum CS – punch three with the leaf punch and stamp with the flourish from Timeless Texutures.
- Flourish – Coordinating CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Flourish set.
- Label – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″ – stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with the stamp from Labels to Love, punched with the Everyday Label Punch.
- Words – Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and White Fun Foam – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ each, cut with the Celebrate You die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3″, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black with the stamp from Colorful Seasons, cut with the Stitched Shape Oval. Basic Black CS – 4″ x 3″ cut the the die from Layering Ovals.
- Embellishments – White Doily, Petal Passion Embellishments 2 leaves and one flower, Whisper White Metallic Edge Ribbon 24″, Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon 7 1/2″
Need some supplies? Please visit my online store and earn some WOW Customer Loyalty Points while you are at it.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear what you think about this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
We all give a fine bottle of wine to family and friends from time to time. The Half Full stamp set will make that not only easy, but special. Nothing says special more than a handmade card. This one is quick and easy, but with that WOW factor, of course. This card accompanies the wine cover I created a couple of days ago.
I love how Stampin’ UP! products all coordinate. You can create beautiful projects, choosing papers from one suite to another. Who would have thought that the DSP from the Delightful Daisy pack would go so well with the images in the Half Full stamp set? Thanks, Stampin’ Up!
I started with a card base of Very Vanilla. You know me, I love texture, so the first mat in Tangerine Tango, is embossed with the Layered Leaves TEIF. Both the leaves and the banner were created using the Delightful Daisy DSP. You can create both of those elements using some handy punches, the Banner Triple and Leaf punches are must-haves in my studio.
I love font in the Half Full set. This one is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut with the framelit from the Rose Garden set. I thought the sentiment needed a little bling, so I looped some of our Silver Metallic thread behind it before popping it to my card front.
Don’t forget to finish the inside of your cards. This time I stamped not only a sentiment, but a little border of wine glasses on a separate mat of Very Vanilla CS. If you would like to see me put this one together, join me on my YouTube Channel for a FREE tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Tangerine Tango CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves TEIF
- Banner – Berry Burst CS – 5 1/4″ x 2″; Delightful Daisy DSP – 4 3/4″ x 1 1/2″, punch one end of each with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 2″, stamp the image from the Half Full set in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out the image with the framelit from Rose Garden, ink the edges in Tangerine Tango ink.
- Wine Glasses – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 3″ – stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black, color with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers. Fussy cut the images.
- Leaves – Delightful Daisy DSP – punch three sets of leaves with the Leaf Punch.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″ – stamp the sentiment and row of wine glasses in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the glasses with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist Stampin’ Write Markers.
- The card will fold at the top.
- Adhere the inside mat to the inside of the card.
- Adhere the Tangerine Tango mat to the card front.
- Adhere the two banners together only at the top edge. Then adhere to the card front, only applying the glue to about 1/3″ of the Berry Burst banner.
- Create a cluster of loops by wrapping the Silver Metallic Thread around your fingers, twist in the middle and attach to the back of the sentiment with a dimensional.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere the leaf clusters under the sentiment with wet glue.
- Adhere one wine glass to the card front with wet glue, Pop the other with dimensionals.
All supplies can be found in my online store.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!