Welcome! Hope you are having a fabulous day. Today’s project is the last in my 3-card series featuring the Noble Peacock Foil Sheets and the Noble Peacock Specialty DSP. I think I’ve saved the most dramatic and special for last. Seems like, during these trying times, we all might need a get well card. Hopefully, sending a gorgeous card like this will do just the trick.
I’m so happy that the gorgeous Healing Hugs DisINKtive stamp set will carry over to the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. Don’t have a demonstrator and need a catalog? Place a minimum $35 minimum order (before tax and shipping), in my online store, and I will mail your complimentary copy.
By choosing a very rich color palette, my healing hugs get well card is soothing and conveys the message beautifully. Similarly, I’ve used lots of texture and interest to step things up a notch. Embossing the Noble Peacock Foil with the Tin Tile 3D Embossing Folder started things off.
Almost anyone would feel special when they receive this piece of “happy mail”. Stamping a little somethin’ on the envelope eliminates that naked envelope syndrome. That rose is just too stunning for words.
Because sentiments in the Healing Hugs set have assorted messages and a mix of fonts, you’ll be using this set a lot. Both sentiments I used, were stamped in that beautiful Pretty Peacock ink. That’s an in-color that will carry over. One more year to play with that one, hooray!
It’s hard to believe you get all this lovely two-tone effect and shading by stamping the image once. I did fussy cut the rose and the leaves, but it was pretty quick and easy.
The four accent panels were cut from the Noble Peacock Specialty DSP. These are in Old Olive with a hint of foiling. Rather than leave them sqaure, I decided to round two corners of each square with the Detailed Trio Punch. I love the look. What do you think? It’s time for another video tutorial and FREE full-color PDF.
Finally, all you need to do is click the link below to download your copy of my PDF. Enjoy!
I would love to earn your business and very much appreicate you shopping my online store. Here’s a complete list of supplies used in today’s card.
Healing Hugs Get Well Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you and your loved ones are all safe and well. Take care and until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Hello Everyone and Welcome! Today’s card features the Healing Hugs stamp set. I am very excited to share this project with you. It’s my swap card for the Stampin’ Up! Alaska Cruise. I can’t wait to see all the other cards in the swap. I’ll share those with you when I return from this exciting event.
Be sure to check out the Healing Hugs stamp set and all the beautiful samples on page 110 of our Annual Catalog. This set features Stampin’ Up!’s DistINKive technology. It takes away all the fear of two and three step stamping. Be sure to check out my video here. I’ll show you how you can achieve the two tone look and a little rock and roll action on the leaves.
I think you all know me by now, at least I hope so. I LOVE layers and texture in my projects. This one is no different. The fabulous background texture was created with our new Tufted 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It’s fast becoming one of my favorites.
That gorgeous designer series paper is Petal Promenade. Oh my, one side is even more lovely than the other. The color combination I used for this card is Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig, and Petal Pink. Yummy, right? And guess what, those colors can all be found in the DSP. I love to finish the inside of my cards as well. And I just couldn’t resist stamping that gorgeous rose one more time.
That detailed accent piece, cut from Fresh Fig CS, is from the Delicate Lace Edgelits. That one may be easy to miss because it’s not featured in any of the bundles or stamp sets. It’s all by itself under the Big Shot die section of the catalog on page 217.
Want to try your hand at this one? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Sahara Sand CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat: Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tufted TEIF
- Mats: Fresh Fig CS – one @ $” x 3″, one @3″ x 2″ and one @ 2″ x2″
- Layering Mats: Petal Promenade DSP – one @ 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″, one @ 2 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ and Sahara Sand CS – one @ 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ embossed with the Layering Leaves TEIF.
- Rose and Leaves: Whisper White CS – 3″ x 7″
- Sentiment: Petal Pink CS – 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals and Sahara Sand CS 3″ x 2″, cut with the Layering Ovals.
- Accent Trim: Fresh Fig CS – 6 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut with the edgelit from Delicate Lace Edgelits.
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the rose and leaves and shown in the video above.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the small piece of Sahara Sand CS and cut with the layering ovals die. Ink the edges in Fresh Fig.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat and one rose in the lower right hand corner.
- Pop the sentiment to the scallop oval.
- Wet glue all the mats to each other.
- Wet glue the embossed mat to the card front.
- Adhere the accent die cut to the right side of the largest layering mat. Trim as needed.
- Adhere the leaves to the flowers. Accent both the rose and leaves with the Clear Wink of Stella. Pop the rose to the smaller mat.
- Adhere the largest of the 3 layering mats to the card front. Adhere the rectangular mat to the card front. Pop the square mat with the rose to the card front.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere 3 Metallic Gold pearls to the card front.
As always, I would very much appreciate you shopping in my online store for any of the supplies you need to create this project.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!