Welcome!! Are you having a great day? I hope my Criss Cross Fancy Fold makes it an even better day. This is an easy fancy fold that you can adapt to any occasion. Mine is more on the feminine side, but I can see it easily adapted to both masculine and cards for the kiddos.
This color palette is so striking. I’ve pulled some of the colors from the Butterfly Bijou DSP. By combining the Mint Macaron, Magenta Madness, Bermuda Bay and Basic White, I think the card has a little of a vintage look. What do you think?
Have you ordered your Butterfly Bijou DSP yet? Don’t wait! Remember this paper is an exclusive, while supplies last only offering. I don’t want you to miss out. I’m on my 4th package already and may need to order another.
To step up my focal image, I turned to the Detailed Bands die set. I love that one. I sure hope it sticks around for the new catalog. But you never know. That retirement list will be posted on March 24th. Why is that? Well, we have a new annual catalog right around the corner. But I digress, let’s get back to today’s project.
The insert in the criss cross fancy fold is the perfect place for your message and signature. You could even insert a gift card. That’s what I call a twofer!!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Mint Macaron CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 4″ and @ 8″, see the video for cutting the side angles
- DSP Mat – Butterfly Bijou DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, cut on an angle
- Medallion – Magenta Madness CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Detailed Bands die set
- Leaves – Mint Macaron CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Sprigs – Bermuda Bay CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Butterfly – Butterfly Bijou DSP – cut with the largest die in the Brilliant Wings die set
- Detail Butterfly – Vellum CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the detailed die in the Brilliant Wings set
- Inside Tag – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Sentiment Accent Band – Magenta Madness CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Detailed Bands die set
- Sentiment DSP Accent – Butterfly Bijou DSP – 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
Criss Cross Fancy Fold Product List
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo! Did you notice this post includes a Prize Giveaway!! I can’t wait to share all the cards my WOW Team created for our Jan-June Mini Catalog Card Swap. You’ll get so many ideas, including some fun folds. With each Team Swap, I put all participants names in the hat and pull a winner. Let’s see all the cards before I announce that.
WOW!! I think my WOW Team Members knocked it out the park. And did you notice, each card features a different set? I love getting all these ideas and we will go through them one by one. Stay to the end to see the details of my Prize Giveaway. First up, we have first-time swapper, Helen Sigler.
Helen loves color. She shared with us that the Pretty Perennials bundle was the first one on her wish list. Well, I don’t know about you, but I think she was spot on with her color choices. This card truly makes me happy. Next up, Helen’s Mom, Kathy Docen.
This submission was Kathy’s first as well. She wowed us with the Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle. Not only that she included some Frost white Shimmer Paint and beautiful vellum in her design. This bundle is at the top of my design list. Fingers crossed I get to it this week. Let’s see what Darlene Torres has in store for us.
Look at those stinkin’ cute Darling Donkeys. By the way, it’s a FREE set you can earn during Sale-a-Bratoin. Not only that, Darlene used the Oh So Ombre DSP, another FREE offering. I’m loving all the layers and her fantastic coloring using Stampin’ Blends. It’s Nancy Sanders turn next.
You can’t go wrong with the fabulous new True Love Designer Series Paper. It’s a black and white classic. Nancy really showed off that gorgeous paper with her fancy fold. And how about her coloring. She isolated an image from the paper. Because fussy cutting is a breeze, she did just that. Then she colored right on the DSP! Nancy used the Forever & Always Bundle, a must-have. Denise Walker is our next designer.
Denise used the Quite Curvy bundle to create this super cute and happy fun fold. Yep, she even included a mat of window sheet to give the see-through effect on her card. Again, lovely coloring with the Blends. I see a pattern here, how about you? Ready for another very fancy fold? Paula-Kay Bourland shared a very unique fold in her swap card.
Be sure to view my video at the end of the post to see the mechanism on Paula-Kay’s card. She used the Dragonfly Garden bundle. Hop on that one quick! It’s projected to go on backorder. Because she used the Flower & Field DSP her card has a very dramatic look and feel. Next up, Klarissa Nightingale shared a sweet shaker card.
Klarissa used the Simply Succulents Bundle to fill her Mason Jar Shaker Dome. Brilliant idea! She also used the very versatile In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. I think it gave her shaker the perfect background. Time to unveil the winner of this swap. Tonia Cooley has designed a fabulous Calendar & Post-it-Note Easel Card filled with techniques.
Oh my goodness, I was blown away when I opened her swap box. Tonia’s beautiful design contains, heat embossing, gilded leafing, blends coloring, dry embossing, and so much more.
She even created a custom colored ribbon to match her card. Yep, you can do that with Stampin’ Blends.
Do you love that butterfly as much as I do? That one can be found in the FREE Sale-a-Bration set, A Touch of Ink. Check out the video to watch me CASE Tonia’s card. You won’t want to miss all the techniques and tips.
Prize Giveaway Info
What’s the prize up for grabs. I’m giving away A Touch of Ink stamp set. All you have to do is comment. You have until Friday, 2/5/21 to leave your comment either here or my YouTube Channel. All names will be entered in the drawing. I will announce the winner on Saturday, February 6, 2021. Good luck everyone!
Here’s how the magic happens for Tonia Cooley’s Calendar Easel Card.
- Card Base – Basic Black CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Easel – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 3/8″, embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
- Mat – Basic Black CS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, after stamping, emboss with the Subtle 3D embossing folder
- Calendar Mat – Basic Black CS – 3 1/8″ x 2 3/8″
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Butterfly – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Leaves – Basic White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2″
- Accent Band – Basic White CS – 1 1/8″ x 4 1/4″
- Calendar – Tonia sourced hers at the Dollar Tree. However, if you google 3″ x 2 1/4″ calendars, I’ll bet you’ll be successful.
- Artistry Blooms Sequins – 3
- Ribbon – Gold Metallic Edge – about 17″
- Basic Pearl – 1 small
- Gilded Leafing & Heat & Stick Powder
- Coloring the Ribbon – Light So Saffron, Light Pumpkin Pie, Light Rococo Rose Stampin’ Blends
- Coloring the Butterfly – Light So Saffron, Light Pumpkin Pie, Light Rococo Rose, Light Basic Black, Dark Soft Sea Foam and Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends
Wasn’t that a fabulous swap? I can’t wait to host the next one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Not one, but two fancy folds in one! I’m calling this my double fancy fold. It’s a slide & lock and floating gatefold in one card. And there’s even more good news. Beginning February 2, 2021, all my customers can order, both the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick bundles. Yep, there will be dies available for both. And you can save 10% when ordering.
I just couldn’t help myself. I had to create an over the top, double fancy fold to showcase these two new bundles. Do you recognize this super cute stamp set? Yep, the Hey Chick Stamp set was a 2017 Sale-A-Bration set. But now it’s back and with new friends to boot.
Because Stampin’ Up! wanted to make this come back even better, they are introducing a set of coordinating dies.
Chick Dies, coordinates with Hey Chick Stamp Set. Purchase the bundle, #158627 and save 10%
Ready to see the three new friends and their set of coordinating dies? This one is all about birthdays.
Birthday Chick Dies, coordinates with Hey Birthday Chick Stamp Set. Purchase the bundle, #158631 and save 10%.
By including elements from both bundles, I was able to create this unique double fancy fold.
Okay, if you aren’t smiling really big right now, I find that difficult to believe. These little chickens just make me happy. Can’t you see lots of little “scene cards” created with these sets. Just to give you another idea, here’s one that the Stampin’ Up! artists created. It’s a super cute slim line.
Ready to dive in, to see how my card came together? Sit back, relax and enjoy. First things, first, to see what’s inside, all you have to do is slide the focal image from the center of the gatefold. Can’t get any easier than that.
Open it up to unveil the floating panels on the inside. There you could include sentiments or some of the other little chicken friends.
I’ve used the All Wired Up set for the outer panels just to give you some options when you are creating one of these for yourself.
What do you think of those cornstalks? Did you notice they are also embossed? The die will create that for you when you cut the image.
The double fancy fold is closed up easily by sliding the focal image onto the gatefold doors. I hope you think about adding the new bundles to your stash. Here I’ve got a video tutorial and downloadable PDF for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Be sure to download my FREE full-color PDF for today’s project.
Hey Chick Double Fancy Fold PDF
Double Fancy Fold Product List
Available beginning 2/2/21 – Hey Chick Bundle #158627 – $44 and Hey Birthday Chick Bundle #158631 – $43
Let me know if you give this one a try. I hope you enjoy it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ready for a new fun fold? Today’s Slide & Lock Gatefold is easy, but really packs that WOW factor. Not only that, the fold really shows off the gorgeous Hydrangea Haven bundle.
I’ve created this card for my amazing daughter. She’s a middle school teacher. It’s tough times right now and every day is filled with new challenges. Because she is a determined woman she is doing an incredible job. It makes me proud that she is shaping the minds of the future.
In creating the slide & lock gatefold, I knew I wanted to showcase not just the flower, but the beautiful Hydrangea Hill designer series paper as well.
One of the best parts of the fancy fold, is that it’s pretty easy to figure out the mechanism and it holds the card shut for mailing and presentation.
The Hydrangea Haven stamp set is filled with not just beautiful floral images, but lovely sentiments as well. Hope you enjoy today’s video tutorial. Don’t forget to checkout all the dimensions listed below. Also, remember if you order the bundle, your order will qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. My suggestion would be the Heal Your Heart stamp set.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Highland Heather CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ on both ends. **Cut a sliver from one of the scored panels as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Hydrangea Hill DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Accent Strip – Hydrangea Hill DSP – 3/4″ x 4″
- Focal Slides – Basic White CS – four @ 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ – cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Hydrangea – Basic White CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″,
- Flower Head – Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Small Flowers – Seaside Spray CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Envelope – Medium Basic White
- Ribbon – Gorgeous Grape 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon – about 10″
- Pastel Pearls – three in Highland Heather.
Slide & Lock Gatefold Product List
Ordering in my online store really helps me out. I would love to earn your business. Remember too, if you have any questions you can always leave a comment and I’ll get back with you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Have you ever created a Bendi Fold? There are lots of different versions of this fold all over the internet and Pinterest. I wanted to feature a fun fold for our Jan-June Mini Catalog WOW Team Card Swap. When I saw the beautiful Hydrangea Hill Suite, I knew I had to feature that gorgeous flower in some way.
Hydrangeas always remind me of my grandmother. She had a green thumb and the most beautiful gardens you’ve ever seen. She’s the one that taught me to add rusty nails to the soil, to change the color of the flower to a beautiful shade of blue.
With this bendi fold, you don’t have to create tabs or leave instructions for the recipient on how to connect the fold. It’s fabulous, you just take it out of the envelope and it bends in place.
Ok, isn’t that hydrangea die fabulous? I love all the texture and interest.
To create that little scallop trim, I used the die in the Ornate Borders set. It added just the right touch.
There’s lots of real estate on the back of the card for you to stamp, write a note or both.
And you know me, I love using embossing folders. This time the Absolutely Argyle folder added just the right amount of texture.
Did you notice that unique little butterfly? I created that one with the new Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Designer Acetate. Yummy stuff!!! Watch how easy this bendi fold comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Seaside Spray CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 2 3/4″
- Center Bendi – Seaside Spray CS – 4 1/2″ X 2″, scored @ 1/2″, 2 1/4″ and 4″
- Bottom Bendi – Seaside Spray CS – 1 1/4″ x 6 1/2″, scored @ 1/2″ and 6″
- Mats – Old Olive CS – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Hydrangea Hill DSP – one @ 3 3/4″ x 5″ and one @ 4″ x 2″
- Embossed Band – Old Olive CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Decorative Edge Trim – Basic White CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Borders set.
- Hydrangea – Thick Basic White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Flower Head – Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Small Flowers – Highland Heather CS – 3″ x 1″
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″
- Back Mats – Basic White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 2 1/4″
Bendi Fold Product List
Stay tuned, I’ll be sharing all the cards from our WOW Team Card Swap soon. Wait until you see all these lovely creations. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Today’s card is extra special. It’s for my Dad’s 90th birthday. He loves all the cards I create for him, but he really enjoys the fancy folds. My Dad still works on the farm, has a heart of gold, is faith filled and definitely the leader in the family. He is fun-loving, a social butterfly and cooks for the masses. He is a sweetheart, very giving and loves my Mom to the moon. They’ve been married 68 years.
When I give him his 90th birthday card, I hope to see a smile just like this one. This photo was taken on his 80th. We definitely need to take one on January 3rd to celebrate his special day.
The four-panel fancy fold is easy but gives you lots of paper crafting real estate to add lots of sentiments and/or embellishments. I had so much to say, I needed all that room to relay all those feelings.
Did you notice the World of Good Specialty DSP on page 25 of the Annual Catalog? It’s the perfect paper stack for masculine cards.
A 90th birthday celebration wouldn’t be complete without lots of glitz and shine. Bringing in lots of our Brass Foil paper added that vibe to his card.
By stamping the globe in versa mark I was able to emboss it. Then coloring it with a wash of Misty Moonlight it added a very realistic look to the ocean water.
Now this sentiment was just so perfect, I had to include it. You can get the set, Approaching Perfection during the Sale-a-Bration promotion beginning January 5th. You can earn it for FREE with a qualifying order.
So what do you think? Will dad love it? I sure do hope it makes him feel as special as he is. Be sure to leave a comment on my YouTube Video for a chance to win one of these cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″, turn and with the 1/4″ scoreline at the top, score at 5/8″ down to the 7 1/4″ scoreline. Cut off the 5/8″ score. For the card base, also cut one piece at 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Mats – Misty Moonlight CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″; two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 11/16″; one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DPS Mats – World of Good Specialty DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″; two @ 3″ x 4 1/2″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Banners – World of Good Specialty DSP – one @ 1 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 2″ x 5″, punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Scallop Squares – Brass Foil – one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 2″ x 2″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ cut with the dies from the Layering Squares set.
- Scallop Oval – Brass Foil – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the dies from the Layering sets listed above.
- Globe – Brass Foil – 2″ x 2″ cut with the die from the World Map set
- Globe Stand – Brass Foil – 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the World Map set
- Beaded Strips – Brass Foil two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Field Tiles set
- Stamped Globe – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, stamped in versa mark and embossed with black embossing powder. Heat set with the heat tool. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
90th Birthday 4-Panel Fancy Fold Product List
Here’s wishing my Dad a very Happy 90th birthday and many more!!! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!