I love fancy folds. How about you? My fold flat card is quick and easy and fits in a standard sized envelope. I featured the fold flat card in a recent Facebook Live and everyone loved it. I’ll also be teaching this fancy fold at my WOW Class this week. Can’t wait!
Sometimes, the most unexpected color combo can turn out to be a new favorite. This time, it’s Mango Melody and Rich Razzleberry.
And of course I had to use that fabulous Country Floral Embossing Folder. WOW, does that add a lot of texture and interest. And did you notice the embellishments? Those sweet little jewels are our Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets. And guess what – they will carry over to the new catalog. Woohoo!!
With the flat fold card, you have lots of room on the reverse side not only to write your message, but stamp, color and embellish even more. I call that a win-win. I’m featuring the Butterfly Gala bundle and the Beauty Abounds stamp set in the flat fold card. Both will carry over, but don’t wait, be sure to get them before June 4th, so that you can save 10% with the bundle discount.
In the pic above you can see that the flat fold card is constructed with just two main pieces of card stock. It’s the scoring and fold that do all the work. I invite you to take a moment to view my video tutorial to see how easy the flat fold card is to create.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Mango Melody CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored on the 11″ side at 1/2″, 2″, 4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Front Card Base Panel – Rich Razzleberry CS – 5 1/2″ x 3″, score on the 5 1/2″ side at 1/2″ and 2″.
- Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 4″ x 1 3/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 5″. Emboss one with the Country Floral embossing folder. Stamp the other in Memento Tuxedo Black ink using the stamps from Beauty Abounds. Stamp second generation in Mango Melody the large Bokeh image. Color the images using the light Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends.
- Front Panel Mat – Mango Melody CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Front Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment from Beauty Abounds in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp two sets in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, color with the light Pumpkin Pie and light Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends. Punch with the Butterfly Duet punch.
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for your paper crafting supplies. Just click any image to begin filling your cart.
Thanks for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ok, whose ready for a sneak peek? Not only that, I’ve got a very fun and easy diamond easel fold card for you! A big thanks to Samantha Clayton with Mixed Up Crafts. She featured the diamond easel fold on a recent video on her YouTube Channel. As soon as I saw it, I knew which set I wanted to incorporate in this fancy fold.
The Magnolia Lane Suite was featured at our recent OnStage. I was lucky enough to get to order the suite of products in my preorder. That’s just one of the perks of being an Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator. As soon as it arrived, I knew it would be one of the first sets I would ink up. Then all the stars aligned and the magic happened when I saw the diamond easel fold on Samantha’s channel. The rest is history. Here is my version of the diamond easel fold featuring the gorgeous Good Morning Magnolia bundle.
Isn’t the magnolia image stunning? The bundle includes a 10-piece cling set with 16 coordinating dies. There are also lovely Magnolia Lane designer series papers, Memories & More cards, a ribbon combo pack, cork embellishments and a fabulous Magnolia 3D embossing folder. You’ll find the suite on page 37. If you don’t have a demonstrator you’re working with, I would love to earn your business. Let me know if you need a catalog and I’ll get one out to you ASAP.
On the inside of the diamond easel fold I couldn’t resist stamping the lovely sentiment. To make things even more interesting the dies in the set are so versatile. You can form lots of different types of flowers, in all shapes and sizes. I have visions of lovely flowers dancing in my head.
But I think the star of the show is the large magnolia image. In our backyard, we have two large Magnolia trees that my Dad planted about 40 years ago. While writing this blog post for you, I’m looking out my window. I can see the blooms floating atop the branches. Later today, when I pick a bouquet, I know they leave an intoxicating fragrance in my house. Having flowers on my kitchen windowsill makes me happy. It makes washing dishes more of a pleasure and less a chore.
Because I used the diamond easel fold, I needed something to hold the card open for display. Don’t you think the flower did the trick?
I would love to share with you how I created this card. I filmed a video tutorial I think you will enjoy. Sit back, relax and I’ll show you how quick and easy this card truly is. **NOTE – Ooops, in the video I mentioned that the Shimmery White CS would retire. But, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out today that it will carry over. HOORAY!!!!!!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 6″, scored on the 12″ side at 3″ and 6″.
- Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 4″ x 4″, two @ 5 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Magnolia Lane DSP – two @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Embossed Mats – Petal Pink CS – one @ 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, both embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder.
- Inside Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Magnolia and Front Sentiment – Shimmer White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Scallop Oval – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 1 1/4″, Daffodil Delight CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″
- Envelope -Whisper White CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″ – using the envelope punch board, punch and score at 4 3/4″. You will be creating an envelope for a finished card of 6″ x 6″.
- I invite you to view the video for the cutting, stamping, and assembly of this diamond easel fold card.
I know you must be itching to place an order for this suite of products. The first day customers can order will be June 4, 2019. However, if you join my Team, you can place new products in your starter kit beginning May 2nd. That’s a whole month early. When you join, you get to choose $125 worth of products for only $99 and FREE shipping on top of that. Contact me today so we can get you all signed up. You’ll love being a part of Susan’s WOW Team!
In the product list below, I’m not able to list the new products yet, but I’ve listed all those that are currently available.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ready to get your creativity on? Today we will be creating this beautiful inside pop up card. I can’t take credit for the fold. Samantha Clayton, with Mixed Up Craft was the lovely artist that came up with the fold. This card is my version, with a few tweaks.
First, the inside pop up card is larger than your standard card. Of course it is, you’ve got to show off all those beautiful elements! And, that gives us more of an opportunity to create all those little vignettes. Whoever receives this card will feel super special. Let’s break down the inside pop up card, step by step. First, the card front, which in itself is pretty stunning.
My jumping off point for the design and color scheme was the gorgeous All My Love Designer Series Paper. The Forever Lovely Bundle isn’t just for Valentine’s Day, it truly is an all occasion set.
Because the inside pop up card needs to be pretty flat on the inside, I decided to add dimension on the card front. That lovely flower cluster has so much interest and texture, it makes the sentiment pop.
Then of course the star of the show, the inside pop up itself! I promise this card isn’t difficult. There are lots of pieces. But, you get to decide how much you want to embellish it. You know me, when it comes to pretties, I can’t seem to stop. Here’s a pic of the template for the scoring and other details to create the mechanism.
No worries, though, I’ve also filmed a video tutorial and it’s listed at the end of this blog post, as well as my YouTube Channel.
Displaying the inside pop up card you’ll be able to appreciate all that it has to offer.
My color palette is Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Lovely Lipstick and Sea Foam Green. It’s so easy to choose a palette from your designer series paper. All the colors are always listed on the backer sheet in the pack.
I just couldn’t pass up using the Delicate Lace Edgelits to dress up the opening. Those dies get a little lost in the catalog since they aren’t matched with one exclusive stamp set. You know why? They go with everything!
Every little view in the inside pop up card reveals a little something else. Can you see those gorgeous butterflies hiding in the background? I love those types of little surprises. Ready to create an inside pop up card of your very own. I promised a FREE video tutorial and here it is. It’s a little longer than most of my videos, but I think this project is worth it. Sit back, relax, grab a beverage and enjoy!!
Normally, I list how the magic happens here in blog posts. This one is so detailed, I decided instead to create a detailed PDF for you. You can print it or save it to your computer for future use.
Here’s a list of the supplies I’ve used for my inside pop up card. Remember, you can substitute, add or take away as much as you like. I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might want to pick up.
I would love to hear what you thought about this project. Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! I’ll bet you think this Trophy Card Fun Fold is difficult. Well, I’m here to Gell you it’s really easy. But, what a WOW the recipient will get when they open it. Can’t you just see them displaying this one on a shelf or windowsill.
For my focal image, I’ve used the Country Home set. That set carried over from our Holiday Catalog. It’s a 14-piece photopolymer set. Because it has a great mix of both fabulous images and sentiments, you’ll want to add this one to your collection.
My tip of the day, don’t forget to stamp those envelopes. It makes your card even that much more special. Other ways to step up your envelope would be to line the flap. You could also use one of your embossing folders to emboss the flap as well.
I’ll bet one of your first questions about this card was, “where can I sign it, or add a note”. No problem, there is an entire panel on the back side for just that. And of course the card fits in one of our standard envelopes.
It’s easy to collapse the Trophy Card. Just push gently on the pop up panel and it will slip into the base.
To color my focal image I’ve used a mix of our Stampin’ Blends and Stampin’ Write Markers. We are so lucky that all the colors are consistent and easy to match.
There’s a couple of things I’ve used on this card that you might want to add to your next order. The retiring list will be published on April 15th. Things will go quickly. That gorgeous ruffled Fresh Fig ribbon will be one thing on that list. And usually the DSP from the Annual Catalogs are retired. This one is the Nature’s Poem DSP.
I’ve gotten feedback that you all love my video tutorials. Thank you so much. I’ve filmed this one for you so that you can see how easy this Trophy Card Fun Fold really is.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Grapefruit Grove CS – 4 1/4″ x 10″, score on the 10″ side @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 3 3/4″, 5″, 6 1/4″, 7 1/2″ and 8 3/4″. Line up the left edge of the cardstock at the 5″ mark on your Stampin’ Trimmer. To cut the slot for the pop-up panel, cut on the 4th scoreline from 5/8″ to 3 5/8″.
- Pop-up Panel – Grapefruit Grove CS – 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Back Panel – Whisper White CS – 5″ x 2 5/8″, punch both top corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- DSP Mats – Nature’s Poem DSP – one @ 5″ x 2 5/8″, and six @ 1″ x 4″
- Focal Image – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the 2nd largest stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Stamp the Hello in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Coloring as follows:
- Watering Can – Bronze Stampin’ Blend
- Artichoke – Tranquil Tide Stampin’ Write Marker
- Large Leaves – Mint Macaron Stampin’ Write Marker
- Small Leaves – Grapefruit Grove Stampin’ Write Marker
- Berries – Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Marker
- Cat Tails – Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
- Butterfly and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp both the sentiment and the butterfly in Memento Tuxedo Black.Stamp the fill in image for the smaller butterfly in Grapefruit Grove. Stamp the Butterfly body in Memento Tuxedo Black. Punch out the small butterfly with the Butterfly Duet punch. Cut out the sentiment with the Stitched Rectangle die.
- Accent on Sentiment – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4 1/2″ x 1″, apply Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to the back of the cardstock. Using the die from Petals and More cut out the image.
- Ribbon – Fresh Fig Ruffled – about 24″
- Basic Pearls – 2 small
Here’s a supply list in case you need something to complete this project. I would appreciate earning your business.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Today’s card is a happy card for lots of reasons. First, it’s a pop up fun fold! And second, how can you not smile when you see the Happiness Blooms Designer Series Paper? Not to mention the Bloom by Bloom stamp set.
Be sure to check out the Happiness Blooms Suite on pages 24-25 of our Occasions Catalog. It’s a whole lotta happy. Believe it or not, this pop up fun fold card is easy, doesn’t take a lot of supplies and can be used for lots of occasions. Today, I’ll be creating a birthday card with the sentiments from Happy Birthday Gorgeous.
The sweet bellyband holds everything shut and gives the pop up fun fold card an extra added level of texture and interest. The colors in the paper led to the color combo, Whisper White, Pineapple Punch, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy and Lovely Lipstick.
Voila, open the pop up fun fold card and you really get happy. You can add as much or as little stamping as you like. I even created a custom envelope and did some stamping on that as well.
I wanted the recipient to feel like they were receiving a bouquet of flowers. What do you think?
You can even display the card. Just push the diagonal scoreline back, while the card is open and it will stand. There you go, a two-for!!! Are you itching to create one of these? This pop up fun fold was originally highlighted on my recent Facebook Live, but I promised a clean version of this tutorial, here you go.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 9″, scored at 4 1/2″
- Pop-up Mechanism – Whisper White CS – 6″ x 6″, scored @ 3″, turn 90 degrees and score @ 3″. Score once on the diagonal, point to point.
- Mats – Lovely Lipstick CS – three @ 4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP – Happiness Blooms DSP – three @ 3 3/4″ x 4″ and two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″. The smaller pieces of DSP will be cut on the diagonal to decorate inside the pop-up mechanism.
- Belly Band – Lovely Lipstick CS – 1″ x 9 1/2″
- Scallop Circle – Pineapple Punch CS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from layering circle framelits.
- Sentiment Circle – Whisper White cS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes Framelits.
- Envelope – Thick Whisper White CS – 7 1/2″ x 7 1/2″, line up the left side of the paper on the Envelope Punch Board at 3 3/4″ to make your first punch and score. Then line up each score to punch the next notch.
I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click on any item below to begin filling your cart.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Do you love the WOW you get with an interactive card? You’ll be going to this Easy Fun Fold over and over to create cards for every occasion. This time, mine is a birthday card using the Wonderful Romance stamp set. This double z-fold is an easy fun fold, the scoring of the card base is the key.
Be sure to check out the lovely specialty designer series papers in the Floral Romance Suite. You won’t regret it. The paper pack is filled with lovely soft, elegant designs.
A little confession is in order. The dies that were offered for this fabulous stamp set, have sold out. But, that large glorious image wouldn’t be too difficult to fussy cut. Or, if you are a techie and have a fancy electronic cutter that would work as well. I also know, that if the dies are sold out, lots of you guys have them. Break them out and create along with me!
You can use lots of Stampin’ Up! coloring options to finish off this lovely image. I used a few Stampin’ Write Markers as well as the Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blend. The best part, no matter which one you choose, you can mix and match and they all coordinate. Why? Stampin’ Up! has the best color coordination EVER!
The sweet little panel next to the sentiment, is the perfect spot for your handwritten message. It’s okay, I give you permission to write on the DSP! hahahaha!!!
Hope I captured the embossing on the images for you. I think the light was hitting just right in this photo. That adds another level of texture, interest and WOW to this card.
Because you’ve created this easy fun fold your recipient can display the card as well. And believe me, they will do just that. Want to create one now? Here you go, a FREE video tutorial to help you do just that.
Here’s how the magic happens:
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – one @ 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″; one @ 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and 6 3/8″
- Mats – Rich Razzleberry CS – one @ 4″ x 3 1/4″, two @ 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, two @ 2 1/2″ x 4″ and one @5 1/4″ x 4″.
- Floral Romance DSP Mats – one @ 3 3/4″ x 3″, two @ 1 1/2″ x 3″, two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″. Ink the edges of the green panels with Mossy Meadow ink.
- Large Floral Image – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″, stamp the image in versa mark, sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and heat set with the heat tool. You can either cut the image with the die from Wonderful Floral Framelits, fussy cut it or cut with an electronic cutter.
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, I used the dies from Wonderful Floral Framelits, but a good substitute would be First Frost.
- Sprigs – Rich Razzleberry CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, I used the dies from Wonderful Floral Framelits, but a good substitute would be First Frost.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ – stamp the image in versa mark, sprinkle with Black Embossing Powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut out the image with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Vellum Leaf Accents – fussy cut leaf images from the vellum in the Floral Romance DSP.
- Pearls – 3 large
- Linen Trim – Braided Linen – about 8″
If you need any supplies, I’ve listed them below. I would love to earn your business.
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you haven’t already, I would love to have you subscribe to my blog. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful.