Aren’t fancy folds fun? I sure think so. Today, I’ll be sharing my Z-Fold Climbing Roses card. An added plus is the coloring technique. It’s a simple watercolor wash on Shimmery White card stock. So quick and easy, you won’t believe it.
WOW, right? The jumping off point for my Z-fold Climbing Roses card was the color combination. I love bright vibrant colors, so I chose Blackberry Bliss, Grapefruit Grove, Mint Macaron and Whisper White. The designer series paper comes for our Nature’s Poem collection. One sheet is more beautiful than the next.
Did you know that Shimmery White cardstock will hold up to watercolor wash techniques? The paper is thicker and has a coating, so no pilling! Not only that, you get the added plus of having shimmer built in.
Whoever you decide to gift this card to will want to display it. That’s what makes the z-fold such a popular fancy fold. You can get one card from a sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ card stock. You’ll even have a couple scraps left over.
I’m loving our Rectangle Stitched Framelits. That was the perfect die to pull from my stash to cut the sweet sentiment.
The inside panel of my z-fold still has lots of room for you to write a message and sign your name. Would you like to create one? Guess what I have for you. Yep, another FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Main Card Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Inside Z-Fold Base – Blackberry Bliss CS – 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″
- Mats – Grapefruit Grove CS – two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″, one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 4″ x 3 1/4″ . The 4″ x 3 1/4″ mat run through the Big Shot with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- DSP Mats – Nature’s Poem DSP – two @ 3 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Flowers and Leaves – Shimmery White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Trellis – Blackberry Bliss CS – 2 1/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2″
I just know you want to create one just like this. Need some supplies? I would so very much appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I’m back again and with a fancy fold to share. This one is my Wonderful Romance Bridge Fold. This bundle is on the top of favorites list. And yes, you save 10% on the bundle and a FREE Sale-a-Bration Level 1 item with your purchase. Can’t get too much better than that.
You don’t need much to make this Wonderful Romance Bridge Fold extra special. Those dies in the bundle are fabulous. And that gorgeous Floral Romance DSP is the bomb!!
You can get two bridge folds from one sheet of card stock. The color combo is Fresh Fig with accents of Mossy Meadow and Pear Pizzazz. A gorgeous color palette, if I say so myself.
To create a place to sign and send a little note, I created a back panel. Watercoloring with a blender pen is a great oldie but goodie technique. The look really mimics the watercolor look on the DSP.
It’s hard to see in the photograph, but I even spritzed that beautiful detail die cut with our Champagne Shimmer Paint. Just add a couple drops in a Stampin’ Spritzer with 70% Rubbing Alcohol. Give it a shake and spritz away.
Including a die to cut the sentiments is brilliant. And, I’m so glad, that in the Occasions Catalog, you’ll see that trend in a number of the sets. I’d love to share with you how to create this one in my FREE video tutorial. Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you don’t miss any of my tutorials.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Fresh Fig CS – 4 1/4″ x 8″, scored at 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″,, 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″.
- DSP – Floral Romance – six @ 1″ x 4″ and one @ 4″ x 2 3/4″
- Bridge – Pear Pizzazz CS – 5 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ and Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 7/8″
- Back Mat -Whisper White CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″
- Small Leaf Sprigs – Pear Pizzazz CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″
- Ink the edges of the six 1″ x 4″ pieces of DSP in Mossy Meadow.
- Cut three small sprigs in Pear Pizzazz.
- Spritz the Leaf Bridge with Champagne Shimmer Mist
- Wet glue the Whisper White bridge with the leaf bridge
- Stamp the sentiment in Fresh Fig, cut out the image with the die.
- Stamp the leaf image in Mossy Meadow and the small flowers in Fresh Fig. Using a Blender Pen color in the images.
- Fold the card base on all fold lines.
- Wet glue all the DSP mats to the card base.
- Wet glue the back panel.
- Pop the sentiment to the inside center panel.
- Wet glue the sprigs under the sentiment.
- Adhere the small flower embellishment
- Wet glue the bridge to the card front.
I would love to earn your business. You can shop my online store 24/7. Just click on any item below, to start shopping.
Thanks so much stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Who doesn’t like an interactive card? Join me in my studio to learn how easy it is to create this Butterfly Gala Spinner Card. I know, I know, at first glance you might think it looks difficult. But I promise I’ll walk you through the steps and you’ll see, you can create one too.
My inspiration started with the Happiness Blooms DSP. Calypso Coral reminds me of the orange that can be found in Monarch Butterflies. Speaking of which, I can’t wait for Spring, when we usually have 100’s here. I’ve got a butterfly garden in my back yard and our record of cocoons, hanging from the heaves of our house, stands at 220. That’ a lot of butterflies.
The butterfly gala spinner itself is stamped in Memento Black then using two generations of Calypso Coral I created those lovely butterfly images.
Call Me Clover, one of the 2018-2020 In-Color’s paired perfectly with the Mint Macaron card base. Did you know that the Butterfly Gala can be purchased in a bundle format. What does that mean? You get both the stamp set and punch, using one item code and save 10% to boot.
One of the best things about Stampin’ Up! products in the color coordination. The paper, inks, embellishments, etc. all match. No wasted time looking for just the right color.
Because the photopolymer stamps are bendable, I was able to shape the stamp to achieve the look around the circle image on the inside of the card. I think that’s pretty spectacular.
I’ll bet you’re itching to create this card. Here you go, a FREE video tutorial to show you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Mint Macaron – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- DSP – Happiness Blooms – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scallop Ring – Call Me Clover CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut the scallop circle, then cut the circle on top of the scallop circle image. This will form your ring.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black; large butterflies fill in stamp, stamp off in Calypso Coral; small butterflies fill in stamp, 1st generation Calypso Coral. Butterfly bodies in Tuxedo Black. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 1″, stamp in Call Me Clover, cut with the smallest Rectangle Stitched Framelit
- Sentiment Accent – Calypso Coral – 3 1/2″ x 1″, cut with the accent die from Doily Builder
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut circle in card base.
- Line up DSP, dry fitting, and trace circle on backside with a pencil.
- Cut circle in the DSP.
- Fold Card – Dry fit whisper white inside mat. Glue DSP circle in place.
- Stamp curved sentiment, top right over the arc of the circle.
- Stamp small butterfly in the lower left hand corner of the inside mat.
- Adhere inside mat to the inside of the card.
- On the front of the card, place a small strip of Tear & Tape on the top and bottom of the cut out circle.
- Construct your butterfly gala spinner mechanism.
- Embed the thread into the Tear & Tape on the card front. Be sure it is tight. Apply a piece of Tear & Tape over the existing tape to reinforce. Trim metallic thread as needed.
- Wet glue the DSP to the card front.
- Wet glue the scallop circle to the card front.
- Adhere the accent piece to the sentiment.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Glue dot the ribbon bow to the sentiment.
If you are in need of any supplies to complete the butterfly gala spinner card, I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click any image below to begin filling your shopping cart.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
My Mom has a special birthday fast approaching. I wanted to create a card that celebrated that. This First Frost birthday card fills the bill.
Who am I kidding, the entire Frosted Floral Suite in the Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog is fantastic. Don’t miss out on the 10% discount on the First Frost bundle. That discount will expire January 2nd.
I love the watercolor look created with the set. Creating this First Frost birthday card started off with deciding which fancy fold to incorporate. Displaying the card was a must, since my Mom never discards any of the cards we gift her. But, since the First Frost set didn’t have birthday sentiments, I went to my stash and pulled the Very Vintage and Beautiful Bouquet sets. They had the perfect sentiments I wanted to share with her.
Did you know that all of our designer series paper packs have a list of the colors used, listed on the back packaging? That’s a great place to start your design process. That makes it easy to choose a color palette. In the Frosted Floral Specialty DSP, there are rich colors including Night of Navy, Blackberry Bliss and Mint Macaron.
I wish I could have captured the frosted look of this paper in the photos. It has a shimmery pearlized look. And again, you can use this paper long past the holidays. On top of that, the bundle includes an eleven piece framelit set with lovely floral images and a fabulous frame.
Would you like to create this card for someone special? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how.
As promised in the video, here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Inside Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 7 1/2″ x 3 3/4″, scored at 3 3/4″
- Card Base Mats – Night of Navy CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″. Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Card Mats – Whisper White CS – three @ 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Stamp the first panel with the stamps from Very Vintage; the doily in Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Night of Navy
- Stamp the second panel with the leaf border from First Frost in Mint Macaron and the sentiments in Night of Navy from the Beautiful Bouquet set.
- Stamp the third panel with Mint Macaron and Blackberry Bliss Stampin’ Write Markers with the stamp from First Frost. Punch the top and bottom of the left side with the Detailed Trio punch.
- Die cut the rose and the thistles with the dies from Frosted Bouquet Frametlits.
- Closure – Night of Navy CS – 2″ x 3″ and Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper – 1 3/4″ x 3″
- Scalloped Circles – Blackberry Bliss CS – 5″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelit
- Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelit
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamp the rose in Blackberry Bliss and the Thistles in Mint Macaron and Night of Navy.
- Sprigs – Mint Macaron CS – 4″ x 2 1/2″, cut two with the die from Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies.
- Tea Room Mint Macaron Ribbon – About 20″
- Sequins – Metallics Assortment – 3 white iridescent.
Need some supplies to create this beauty? I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click on any of the images below and it will bring you to my shopping page. There you can start to fill your cart. Happy shopping!
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Cauldrons Bubble, broomsticks twitch; what a night to be a witch. Rusty Rischer It’s almost Happy Halloween time. I thought we could create this Cauldron Bubble fancy fold together. A big shout out to fellow demonstrator, Dawn Griffith, for highlighting this double flap fun fold in a recent YouTube video. When I saw the video, I knew I wanted to put my spin on it and use the new Halloween bundle, Cauldron Bubble.
I’m about as happy as a witch in a broom factory with the way this card turned out. Love all the coordinating products Stampin’ Up! included in this suite. The Toil & Trouble DSP has 6 designs in the package. But beware, it will hard for you to decide which side of the paper to use. So why not, put two packages in your cart! I did think those super cute ghosts were a great choice for this cute card though.
I colored all the images with our fantastic Stampin’ Blends. In the “here’s how the magic happens” section at the bottom of this post, I’ll have a coloring legend for you. That’s just in case you would like to use all my coloring choices.
Just when you thought it couldn’t get any cuter, untying the bow reveals the little cauldron bubble scene inside the first fold. Don’t you just love that new Swirls and Curls Embossing Folder? I even stepped it up a notch with our Champagne Shimmer Mist. I placed a few drops in a Stampin’ Mister, filled it with 70% rubbing alcohol, gave it a shake and spritzed away. Instant shimmer and shine on both of the embossed panels.
I think the best way to attach the cute spider web is to back your cardstock, prior to die cutting, with the multipurpose adhesive sheet. Then when you die cut, you’ve created a spider web sticker. So much easier to attach to your card, no glue needed, hooray!
When you open the main panel of the card, it reveals your sentiment and lots of space for you to write a special message to your sweet little ghoul or goblin.
Stamping the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink insures no bleeding when you color with the Stampin’ Blends. Just be sure to let everything dry throughly and have a silicone craft mat under your card stock to protect your work surface.
Sit back and relax, while I teach you how to put this cutie together in my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic Black CS – 10″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ and 8 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp the Happy Halloween and Gorgeous Grape and the stars in Granny Apple Green.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – one @4″ 5 1/4″ and one @ 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mats – Toil & Trouble – one @ 3 3/4″ x 5″ and one @ 1″ x 5″, ink the edges of both in Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Note Card – Thick Whisper White CS – 7″ x 3 1/2″, scored at 3 1/2″
- Note Card Mats – Granny Apple Green CS – two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and one @ 3″ x 3″. Emboss one of the 3 1/4″ x3 1/4″ and the 3″ x 3″ mat with the Swirls and Curls embossing folder. Basic Black CS – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Spider Web – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, back with multipurpose adhesive sheet, die cut with the spider web die.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, stamp the witch, broom and cauldron in Memento Tuxedo Black, allow to dry. Stamp the trick or treat and the Bubble Bubble, Toil and Trouble in Gorgeous Grape ink. Punch the trick or treat with the 1″ circle punch. Hand cut and divide the other sentiment.
- Scallop Circle – Gorgeous Grape CS – punch one 1 1/8″ Scallop Circle
- Ribbon – 26″, one piece @ 11″ and the other @15″
Coloring Legend – Witch & Broom
- Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend – hair, band on hat and socks, and accents on apron. Straw on the broom.
- Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blend – hat, cape and shoes. After coloring highlight with wink of stella
- Light Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend – dress
- Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend – cuffs on dress
- Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend – band on socks and apron
- Ivory Stampin’ Blend – hands and face
- Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend – Broom Handle
Coloring Legend – Cauldron
- Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blend – cauldron
- Light Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend – bubbles
- Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend – parts of the fire and handles on the cauldron
- Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend – parts of the fire
- Wink of Stella on cauldron and bubbles
If you need any supplies to complete the project, I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Copper Shimmer Paint – YUMMY!!!!! Wait until you see all the fabulous things you can do with this pot of shimmery goodness. The Dashing Deer was calling out to me, please make me shimmer.
I recently participated in a Holiday Catalog Card Swap and received a fantastic double z-fold card from a fellow demonstrator, Julie Mannino. Lots of folks that saw it on my Alaska Achiever’s Card Swap video, asked that I demo the card. I loved Julie’s card, but I also wanted to put my spin on the design elements. I want to thank her so much for the fantastic fold and inspiration.
Remember, the Copper Shimmer Paint was calling my name. I broke out my Stamparatus, stamped that fabulous detailed deer in Soft Suede. Then, shook up my copper shimmer paint, uncapped it to reveal some of the paint in the cap. I dipped my dauber into the cap and randomly dabbed it on the stamp. Closed the Stamparatus door once more to stamp. Opened the door and voila, copper shimmer paint stamped onto my dashing deer. I LOVE it!!!
I know it’s really tough to see in the photographs. But, trust me, it’s fantastic and you gotta try it. It’s one of those ah ha moments. To give my copper shimmer paint dashing deer even more texture, I embossed the Whisper White mat with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Next, I wanted to stamp those sweet little smaller deer images.
Can you see that yummy shimmer on the ground? First, I stamped the images onto the Whisper White cardstock in Soft Suede. The Softly Falling folder was used again, but less snow this time. Washing on some Shaded Spruce ink with my aqua painter gave a ground for the little deers to stand on. But, since it was snowing we needed some shimmer on the ground. So instead of the copper shimmer paint, this time I used our Frost White. Painting in on with a small paint brush gave me the control I needed to get the effect just right.
The double z-fold looks dramatic, but is really very each to put together. I would love to teach you how in my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Merry Merlot CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Z-Fold Panel – Shaded Spruce CS – 3 1/8″ x 10″, scored at 4 1/2″ and 7 1/4″
- Front Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 7/8″, embossed with the Softly Falling Embossing Folder
- Center Mat – Joyous Noel Specialty DSP – 2 7/8″ x 2 1/2″
- Bottom Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 7/8″ x 2 1/2″, stamp deer in Soft Suede, then run through the Softly Falling Embossing Folder. Wash Shaded Spruce color on with an aqua painter. Highlight the ground with a paint brush and Frosted White Shimmer Paint.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″; run embossing buddy over surface, stamp the sentiment in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Punch out the image with the Everyday Label Punch. Merry Merlot CS – punch one image using the Everyday Label Punch. Cut the image in half, lengthwise and set glue the sections to the top and bottom of the sentiment.
- Deer – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ – Using the Stamparatus, stamp the large detailed deer in Soft Suede. Ink up a sponge dauber with the Copper Shimmer Paint and dab the shimmer paint onto the stamp. Stamp again. Cut out the image with the coordinating die.
- Flower – Copper Foil Paper and Merry Merlot CS – scraps of each. Cut one detailed flower from Copper Foil an done solid flower from Merry Merlot. Offset and adhere
- Refer to the video tutorial for card assembly.
Need supplies to complete the project? I would appreciate you shopping my online store.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful.