Welcome! I’m very excited to share today’s Poinsettia Petals Peek-a-boo Card. This one is my contribution to my WOW Team Holiday Card Swap. You’ll want to stick around. Because in the next few days I’ll be sharing the rest of the cards from the swap.
Where to start? There is just so many lovely elements. Well, since the Poinsettia is the star of show, I think I’ll start there. I’ve die cut it from the fabulous new Red Velvet Paper. Not only can you see on the embossed leaf veins, but the paper has a soft feel, adding lots of texture. You’ll want to pick up at least two packages of that one.
Because I wanted the card to have a vintage vibe, I roughed up the edges of the DSP mats with the blade of my paper snips. It was tough to decide which pattern of the Poinsettia Place DSP to choose. As a result, I chose two!
First of all, adding the peek-a-boo feature opened up a world of possibilities. Then, adding some gold heat embossing gave the card that touch of elegance.
Surprise, open the card and you have even more beautiful images from the Poinsettia Petals set. I’ve used my Stampin’ Blends to color both the poinsettia and the sprigs.
Above all, one of my favorite features, other than the poinsettia of course, is the vellum and metallic brushed sprigs. I love building layers upon layers of yummy elements.
Guess what? Next month I’ll be offering the beautiful Poinsettia Petals Bundle in my September WOW Class to GO!. This month my Forever Fern Class sold out in 24 hours. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so that you are notified as soon as I launch a new class. You won’t want to miss out. In the meantime, I’ld love to teach you how to create this one.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – one @ 4 1/4″ x 7 1/2″, scored @ 5 1/2″, one @ 2″ x 4 1/4″ and Window Sheet – one @ 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Mats – Real Red CS – two @ 4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Poinsettia Place DSP – pattern #1Wood Grain – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 1/2″ and pattern #2 Holly – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1/1/4″.
- Inside DSP Mats – Poinsettia Place DSP, Holly Pattern – two @ 4 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Poinsettia – Red Velvet Paper – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3″, one @ 2 3/4″ x 3″ and one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia Petals dies.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 6 1/2″, cut two large and one small leaf with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Ink the edges in Bumble Bee ink.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Ornate Frames set. Stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.
- Berry Sprigs – Metallic Brushed CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from the Poinsettia set.
- Inside Poinsettia and Sprigs – Whisper White CS – 6″ x 2 3/4″. Stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Color with the Real Red and Mango Light Stampin’ Blends.
- Scallop Trim – Real Red CS – two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Be Mine set.
- Vellum Doilies – two
- Beaded Pearls – one
Poinsettia Petals Peek-a-Boo Card Product List
Be sure to check back in a few days. I’ll be sharing the rest of the cards from my WOW Team Holiday Card Swap. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Are you ready for a fancy fold? Today I’ll be featuring the Arrow Fold I learned from Sam with Mixed Up Crafts. I love how all us paper crafting artists share with one another. When I saw the fold, I knew I wanted to showcase the unique Stitched Leaves die cuts.
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
Fall is my favorite season of year and beautiful leaves are my favorite element. I’m a country nature girl, lived on the farm my entire life. I love to see the ground covered in colorful crunchy leaves. Some leaves hang on longer, but eventually they all fall.
The Arrow Fold truly is easy but the perfect platform for all kinds of bouquets. Today, it’s all about those gorgeous stitched leaves. This is an oversized card, but I’m sure you can adapt the size. Because those leaves are so beautiful, I wanted to be sure I had enough real estate to showcase them in style.
Likewise, the fantastic new Brushed Metallic cardstock was perfect for the sprigs, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set.
Finally, I love the fact that when you cut the angles for all the mats, there is NO waste at all. I’ll be making more fancy folds like this. I’ve got a Christmas card in my head that’s got to be created! Watch how easy you can create this fold.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 10″ x 7″, scored at 5″. On the card front, place a tick mark at each side at 2 1/2″. Then place a tick mark at the bottom at 3 1/2″. Connect tick marks as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4 3/4″ x 6 1/2″, tick on the 6 1/2″ side at 3 1/4″, cut as show in the video tutorial.
- DSP Mat – Gilded Autumn DSP – 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″, on the 5 3/4″ side tick at 2 7/8″, cut as show in the video tutorial.
- Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, Pumpkin Pie CS – 3″ x 4 1/2″, and Crushed Curry CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut an assortment of leaves with the Stitched Leaves die set.
- Sentiment & Acorns – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 2″ and 1 @ 1 1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the sentmient in Cajun Craze and cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. Stamp the acorns in Early Espresso, cap in Cajun Craze and bottom in Crumb Cake. Punch with the cooresponding punch fro the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Sprigs – Brushed Metallic CS in Copper – three @ 1 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″.
Arrow Fold Fancy Fold Product List
I hope you give this one a try. The new products will launch August 4th. Be sure to visit my online store and take advantage of my BOGO Sale. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome back!! Sorry, I’ve been a little absent, but you know, life happens. I think my Prized Peony Vintage Luxury Card will make up for my little absence.
OK, do you forgive me? I hope so, because I can’t wait to share the details of this card with you. I’ve even adapted a Happy Birthday version for my daughter. The Prized Peony Bundle includes a new type of die. I think it’s pretty revolutionary.
I know, I know, you’re saying that looks too difficult. Well, the best part is that it is super easy. And if you know me by now, you know I’m going to show you how to create with it, right? My color palette was dictated by the gorgeous Peony Garden Designer Series Paper. It’s an elegant color palette of Petal Pink, Gray Granite, and Whisper White.
Because the flower is made up of four individual die cuts, you are able to add lots of detail and dimension to your projects. I’ve inked the elements of the flower, in Petal Pink ink.
Nothing says vintage more than a pretty rolled rose. In today’s card, I’ll teach you how to turn a 1 1/2′ circle into a sweet little vintage rose.
Are you wondering what the lacy backdrop for the Prized Peony could be? Look at those dies in different ways. The Detailed Bands die turned into the lacy doily I needed. Next, let’s take at peak at the inside of the card.
Including a small bouquet of small peonies around the sentiment was the perfect addition to this card. I’ve stamped them in Petal Pink to set off the sentiment in Gray Granite. A special card needs a special envelope.
My tried and true envelope punch board came in handy. We don’t sell that tool any longer, but lots of you have it. And if you don’t, I’ll bet you can google that baby. Want to see this card come to life? I thought you would. Here’s my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – 12″ x 12″ Whisper White CS – cut to 6″ x 12″ and scored @ 6″.
- Mats – Gray Granite CS – two @ 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Peony Garden DSP – one pattern @ 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and the prominent pattern @ 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Inside Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Large Flower Accent – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from Detailed Bands
- Prized Peony – Whisper Whtie CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut the four dies for the peony with the Peony Dies.
- Peony Leaves & Stamen – Soft Sea Foam CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the Peony Dies.
- Sprigs – Gray Granite CS – 2″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Butterfly Beauty die set.
- Butterflies & Swirl – Gray Granite CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Butterfly Beauty die set.
- Rolled Rose – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/2″ circle punch
- Fold Accent Trim – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 5 1/4″, cut with the die from the Ornate Layers die set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – two @ 1 3/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from Hippo & Friends die set.
- Envelope – Whisper White CS – 10″ x 10″
- Basic Pearls – one, large
- Ribbon – Whisper White Crinkled Seam Bind – approximately 30″
Prized Peony Vintage Luxury Card Product List
WOW, I sure hope you enjoyed this one. I loved playing with the bundle. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo! time for a fancy fold!!! This time, it’s my Way to Goat Z Fold. This set is super cute and adding in the fancy fold takes it over the top.
You can’t tell me you’re not smiling. Because this, to me, is just too stinkin’ cute! The Way to Goat stamp set is a new offering in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. You can find that one on page 105.
Each little critter has it’s own distinct personality. But, in today’s Way to Goat Z Fold I wanted to include all of them in the fun. What makes it even more special? The “dancing goat” on the end is mounted on a wobble. So she dances!
If you would like to create a card like this one, you can get the wobbles on Amazon. First of all, I knew I wanted to color all the goats with my watercolor pencils. That was a good choice, not only because they are easy to use, but an economical color medium.
But wait, there’s more! I wanted to include a little coral for the goats, so I added in a fence. But, don’t worry in my video tutorial I’ll show you how easy that can be. Before we do that, let’s decorate the back of the card.
There she is again. That cute dancing goat. This time, she’s kicking the can down the road. Adding in a few more sentiments made this the perfect Way to Goat Z Fold birthday card. Ready to see learn how to create this card? I think you’ll love today’s tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Early Espresso CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Z- Fold – Early Espresso CS – 1 1/2″ x 11″, scored at 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Brace for Fence – Early Espresso CS – 1″ x 3 3/4″, scored on both ends at 1/2″
- Embossed Mats – Smoky Slate CS – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 2 1/2″ x 4″, all embossed with the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder. Ink the surface of each with a dauber and Smoky Slate ink.
- Back Mat – Smoky Slate CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Back Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Grass Mounds – Old Olive CS – one @ 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and two @ 1 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Trees – Granny Apple Green CS – 7 1/2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Majestic Mountain set
- Stamped Goats – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Sign – Crumb Cake CS – one @ 1 1/2″ x 3″ and one @ 1/2″ x 2 3/4″
- Fence – Crumb Cake CS – 2 3/4″ x 3″, emboss with the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder. Cut six pieces @ 1/2″ x 3″.
Way to Goat Z Fold Product List
Hope you have fun with this one, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I am so excited to share our 2020-2021 Annual Catalog WOW Team Card Swap. Boy, oh boy, do I have some talented artists on my team. Every time I host a swap I can’t wait to receive all the fabulous creations. As usual, each WOW Team Member has knocked it out the park.
WOW, right? Let’s take a closer look at each card and get a little more detail. But wait, be sure to stay with me all the way to the end, because one of the cards will be highlighted and featured for you in my YouTube Video Tutorial. My entry for the swap was featured in a previous post here.
In that blog post, you will find a free downloadable PDF, along with an added extra and a video tutorial. Would love to hear if you give this one a try. Now let’s dive into my team members creations. First up, we have Klarissa Nightingale.
Look at that vibrant color combination. Klarissa used the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle along with the Birch background stamp. Embossing the flower centers with gold embossing powder added a distinct richness to her design. Because she used the new Just Jade in-color, for her background, those flowers pop off the page. Next up, we have another sunflower design. This time a fancy fold.
Denise Walker designed this sweet corner flip fold. The clean palette of Whisper White and Bumble Bee really make for a crisp summery design. I’m lovin’ the die cut leaves that accent the sentiment. Let’s switch sets and go to a couple of masculine designs. We all need those! Molly Downing featured the Beautiful World bundle in her fabulous fancy fold.
Because she used lots of the World of Good Specialty DSP, Molly’s card is extra special. Did you notice that she used both hemispheres of the globe on the stands? She’s one smart cookie! Let’s see what Dawn Galland has in store using the same bundle.
Yep, that’s right another fancy fold. This time it’s the double dutch door. Dawn included some coloring on the globe featured on her focal mat. Surprise! Open the doors of the card to reveal a fabulous sentiment.
One of the most popular bundles during the demonstrator preorder was Forever Fern. Paula-Kay Bourland highligthed the elements of the Forever Greenery Suite. And guess what, she created a swing fold to boot!!
The Forever Greenery DSP is the star of this fancy fold. Did you notice the sparkle in those beautiful gems? That’s another super popular item. Don’t miss out on adding a couple containers of the Flowers for Every Season Gems to your order. You’ll love using them like Paula-Kay did or in your next shaker card. Nancy Sanders designed the next one.
Nancy used the Blossoms in Bloom bundle. Look at all that painstaking piecing she did. She loves us lots. Creating custom sentiments just got a lot easier. The new Lovely Label Pick a Punch is six punches in one! Two designs, three widths, any length. It’s convenient, versatile and a Stampin’ Up! exclusive!
Nancy even included a partial die cut on the inside and one more for good measure on the envelope. Ready for another fancy fold? Let’s see what Helene Hebert has in store for us.
Another gorgeous design that features lots of the die cuts from the Forever Fern bundle. Helene added in some vellum butterflies as well. I love the softness of that with the Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle. And that fold, WOW!! I’ve got to give that one a try soon. She even included a special packaging for her card.
That’s right, it’s in one of our acetate card boxes. Wouldn’t it be great to invite a friend for a coffee and present them with this card? I think I would feel super special. Last, but certainly not least, we have Lisa Lepine’s Third Fold Fancy Fold.
Lisa’s card was chosen to be featured in my video tutorial. For each swap, all the swapper’s names are placed in the drawing. I spin the wheel and that card is the one I try to recreate and feature. This one was so much fun. Lisa featured not only the Forever Fern set, but the Birds & Branches bundle.
Open up that fancy fold to reveal a large mat that you can use for a greeting or message. And Lisa didn’t stop there, she gave us all a template to follow in case we wanted to recreate the fold. Here you go, we are also sharing it with you guys.
I’ve got a treat for you as well. Sit back, relax and take another closer look at all these designs. On top of that I’ll recreate Lisa’s card in my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 8 1/4″ x 8 1/4″, score and fold as indicated on Lisa’s template.
- Large Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 5 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mats – Soft Sea Foam – one @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Forever Greenery DSP – two @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Stamped Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the nest in Crumb Cake. Stamp the bird in Soft Suede and Crumb Cake, with the wing in Pretty Peacock. Stamp the eggs in Soft Sea Foam, speckles in 2nd generation Crumb Cake. Die cut the images with the dies from the Birds and More set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from Tasteful Labels.
- Branch – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″, die cut with the die from Birds and More set. Color the branch with the Stampin’ Blends.
Annual Catalog WOW Team Card Swap
Card designed by Lisa Lepine, www.lisalepine.stampinup.net
Wasn’t that a great swap? How would you like to be a part of our next one? If you would like to chat about becoming a part of the WOW Team I would be thrilled. Contact me today and we will set that up. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome!! I’m giddy with excitement to share my tri-fold jar of flowers card and gift in one. That’s right, the card actually holds a little gift. Because it contains a handmade wildflower seed packet, the receipient can remember this card for months to come.
This is just the front of my tri-fold jar of flowers card. Because I’ve added an additional panel, we’ve got lots of real estate to decorate! The star of the show is the Jar of Flowers bundle. It’s a punch and stamp set bundle. That makes creating super easy.
First of all, I chose my designer series paper. Using the Flowers for Every Season 6 x 6 stack was a no-brainer. The patterns, in that paper stack, will carry you through every season of the year. It’s even got Christmas patterns you can chose from. By popping the jar of flowers to the gorgeous Ornate Layers die cut, it really set the stage.
And the coloring was easy with our Stampin’ Blends. I even used the Light Shaded Spruce to custom color the pearls for my sentiment. What’s even more special about the Jar of Flowers set, it’s a revisible set. That’s how I created the water in the jar.
Open up the first flap of my tri-fold jar of flowers card and reveal the second of three sentiments. I didn’t waste any of the DSP, using the cut-offs to create the banners. Because I wanted to add extra texture to this panel, I embossed the Just Jade mat with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.
Last, but certainly not least, the inside mat is stamped, 2nd generation, with that big sunflower from the Celebrate Sunflowers set. That gave me the opportunity to have a backdrop for my last little sentiment. Time for our wildflower seed packet.
How sweet is that? The seed packet reminds me of my dad. He is a farmer and I remember little seed packets like this everywhere. They were filled with seeds that eventually made their way to the fields and an abundance of vegetables.
But today, my little seed packet is filled with wildflower seeds. Can you imagine how happy the receipient will be to see these popping up in their garden? I’m sending one off to my daughter today.
Here it is, opened up to reveal all the panels. I just love how this one turned out. Loved it so much, I created 8 more for my WOW Team Card Swap. Hosting our Team Card Swaps is something I always look forward to. Wait until you see the other cards. Those will be coming in a blog post soon. Don’t miss it. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you’re notified each time I have a new posting. Ready to make one of these? Of course I’ve got not only a FREE video tutorial, but a complete downloadable PDF.
Ready for some FREE PDF’s?
Here you go, just click on the highlighted areas below to bring up the documents.
But wait, there’s more!! Would you like a file for the labels I used on my Wildflower Seed Packets? Print it out on a sheet of Whisper White cardstock. Then you can easily punch out the labels with the Timeless Label Punch. Psst…. it fits perfect!!
I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the images below to start filling your shopping cart.
Tri-Fold Jar of Flowers Product List
Would love to hear your feedback on this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!