Today’s card is extra special. It’s for my Dad’s 90th birthday. He loves all the cards I create for him, but he really enjoys the fancy folds. My Dad still works on the farm, has a heart of gold, is faith filled and definitely the leader in the family. He is fun-loving, a social butterfly and cooks for the masses. He is a sweetheart, very giving and loves my Mom to the moon. They’ve been married 68 years.
When I give him his 90th birthday card, I hope to see a smile just like this one. This photo was taken on his 80th. We definitely need to take one on January 3rd to celebrate his special day.
The four-panel fancy fold is easy but gives you lots of paper crafting real estate to add lots of sentiments and/or embellishments. I had so much to say, I needed all that room to relay all those feelings.
Did you notice the World of Good Specialty DSP on page 25 of the Annual Catalog? It’s the perfect paper stack for masculine cards.
A 90th birthday celebration wouldn’t be complete without lots of glitz and shine. Bringing in lots of our Brass Foil paper added that vibe to his card.
By stamping the globe in versa mark I was able to emboss it. Then coloring it with a wash of Misty Moonlight it added a very realistic look to the ocean water.
Now this sentiment was just so perfect, I had to include it. You can get the set, Approaching Perfection during the Sale-a-Bration promotion beginning January 5th. You can earn it for FREE with a qualifying order.
So what do you think? Will dad love it? I sure do hope it makes him feel as special as he is. Be sure to leave a comment on my YouTube Video for a chance to win one of these cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″, turn and with the 1/4″ scoreline at the top, score at 5/8″ down to the 7 1/4″ scoreline. Cut off the 5/8″ score. For the card base, also cut one piece at 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Mats – Misty Moonlight CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″; two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 11/16″; one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DPS Mats – World of Good Specialty DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″; two @ 3″ x 4 1/2″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Banners – World of Good Specialty DSP – one @ 1 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 2″ x 5″, punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Scallop Squares – Brass Foil – one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 2″ x 2″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ cut with the dies from the Layering Squares set.
- Scallop Oval – Brass Foil – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the dies from the Layering sets listed above.
- Globe – Brass Foil – 2″ x 2″ cut with the die from the World Map set
- Globe Stand – Brass Foil – 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the World Map set
- Beaded Strips – Brass Foil two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Field Tiles set
- Stamped Globe – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, stamped in versa mark and embossed with black embossing powder. Heat set with the heat tool. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
90th Birthday 4-Panel Fancy Fold Product List
Here’s wishing my Dad a very Happy 90th birthday and many more!!! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome back! Ready for the bridge fold I promised a couple of days ago? The Garden Wishes bundle is part of the Dandy Garden Suite in the new 2021 Jan-June Mini Catalog. This fold made the perfect stage for the bundle and gorgeous designer series paper to really shine.
There are so many possibilities, not only with the Garden Wishes bundle, but with all the elements in the Dandy Garden Suite. You will find those on pages 24-27. If you need a catalog, be sure to contact me here.
If you love nature inspired sets, this is the one for you. There are so many botanical images and lots of sentiments to make the perfect card for that special someone. I’ve got a friend that will be receiving this one.
Again, Stampin’ Up! has considered every detail to make this bundle special. Just look at that stitched trail behind the bee. Yep, there’s a die for that!!
Both the bee and the dragonfly are images from the Dandy Garden DSP. Just punch the dragonfly with the coordinating punch and there’s a die for the super cute bee.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 8″, scored @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″.
- Bridge – Mossy Meadow CS – 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – four @ 1″ x 4″ and two @ 2 3/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Dandy Garden DSP – four @ 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, one @ 1 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Bees & Dragonfly – Dandy Garden DSP – punch one Dragonfly and die cut three bees
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
- Dandelion – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 4″
- Back Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Window Sheet for Dragonfly – 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Grass – Mossy Meadow CS – 2 1/2″ x 3″
Garden Wishes – Soon to be Released – January 5
- Garden Wishes Bundle #156220
- Dragonflies Punch #154240
- Dandy Garden 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – #154297
Currently Available Product List
So many new products to play with. Wait until you see what I’ve got up next. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
What could be better than my favorite color and flower? Well, it’s a Celerate Sunflowers collaboration with my wonderful friend Ruth Trice with Artful Stampin’ with Ruth. If you haven’t heard, Ruth creates beautiful works of art with just stamps, ink and paper. In the papercrafting world, they are referred to as one sheet wonders.
Ruth turned a sheet of Daffodil Delight cardstock into this stunning piece for our Celebrate Sunflowers collaboration. She creates the papers and I get to cut them up and create the cards. Am I lucky or what? The ink colors she used are Calypso Coral, Cinnamon Cider, Mango Melody and Bumblebee. It’s magic watching her stamp a sheet. Lucky us, she filmed the process.
Now that you know how she did it, here’s what I created.
First up, a simple but elegant card that I’ll be sending to my beautiful granddaughter Elisabeth. Because I used the sentiments in the “A Grand Kid” set, I was able to convey the perfect message to my sweet girl.
By using the detail die in the Sunflower die set, you really get to appreciate all the glorious colors in the paper.
Ready for a fancy fold? I decided to use a z-fold this time. It’s an easy fun fold but packs the WOW factor for sure.
Pretty dramatic, right? The colors are so vibrant and perfect to show off the sunflowers.
Generational stamping is one technique Ruth uses quite a bit. I did that with the sunflower behind the sentiment. Really makes it pop in my opinion.
There’s always different ways to use your die cuts. This time, I’ve trimmed up that large detail iamge and made an accent piece for my sentiment.
Our Celebrate Sunflowers collaboration wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t film a video for you. Hope you enjoy it.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card #1 – Know That You Are Loved
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Poppy Parade CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Ruth’s One Sheet Wonder – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sunflower – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Sunflowers die set.
- Flower Center – Cinnamon Cider CS – 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut with the die from the Sunflowers die set.
- Sprigs – Cinnamon Cider CS – 2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Sunflowers die set. Apply Wink of Stella to the sprigs.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 2″, stamped in Cinnamon Cider and cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels set.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the sunflower, second generation, in Bumblebee. Stamp the sentiment in Cinnamon Cider.
- Inside Accent Band – Ruth’s OSW – 1/2″ x 5 1/4″
- In Color Enamel Dots – Bumblebee – 3
Celebrate Sunflowers Collaboration – Card #2
- Fancy Fold – z-fold – Card Base – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ & 5 1/2″
- Mats – Poppy Parade CS – two @ 2 1/2″ x 4″ and one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mats – Mango Melody CS – two @ 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 3 3/4″ x 5″, all embossed with the Ornate Floral embossing folder.
- Focal Mats – Poppy Parade CS – two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Ruth’s OSW – 3″ x 4″
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 4″, stamp the sunflower, second generation, in Bumblebee. Stamp the sentiment in Cinnamon Cider.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/4″ x 4″, stamped in Cinnamon Cider, fussy cut.
- Sentiment Accent – Poppy Parade CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from the Sunflowers die set.
- Rhinestons – Champagne – 3
- Ribbon – Cinnamon Cider – about 18″
Celebrate Sunflowers Collaboration Product List
I am enjoying working with Ruth, she is a delight and oh so very talented. Stay tuned I’ve got more to share. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The Sliding Gatefold was the perfect fancy fold to showcase some very special paper. I am very happy and proud to annouce my collaboration with Ruth Trice, with Artful Stampin’. Ruth creates the most beautiful one sheet wonders. All you need to create gorgeous papers like this is few stamps, some ink and paper.
Ruth, in my opinion, is the queen of the one sheet wonder. She is a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from the United Kingdom. I began following Ruth on social media and fell in love with her work. Please take a moment to visit and subscribe to her blog and YouTube channel. You’ll thank me later. If you have any trouble locating her, contact me here, and I’ll get you on track.
When I opened my package of lovely one sheet wonders Ruth sent to me, I was drawn to this one straight away. What do you think of the combination of the yellows and blues. It’s one of my favorites.
To be asked to collaborate with Ruth was a thrill. I’ll be highlighting more of her one sheet wonders in the weeks to come. Here are the supplies Ruth used in her stamping.
One Sheet Wonder Product List
Now it’s time to chop up that lovely paper and create something beautiful! By dividing the paper into sections, I was able to create the sliding gatefold.
To open the card and reveal the beauty, just pull the center section to the right. I’ve used the sentiments from the Beauty Abounds set to achieve a cohesive greeting for a special friend.
Flowers for Every Season is a fabulous 6″ x 6″ DSP stack perfect for lots of designs and occasions. I chose the Cinnamon Cider color and pattern to enhance Ruth’s beautiful paper.
Creating my own flowers is another favorite. To create those sweet flowers, I’ve used the Medium Daisy and Perennial Flower punches. Be sure to check out the techniques in my video tutorial below.
Using generational stamping is another technique Ruth uses when creating her one sheet wonders. I incorporated a little of that in my butterfly stamping. Want to learn how to create the sliding gatefold?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″
- Front Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″
- One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, then cut into 3 equals parts @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Panel Mats – Bumblee Bee CS – four @ 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Flowers for Every Season DSP – four @ 5″ x 1 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3″ x 4 1/2″
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 3/4″ x 3″, punch with the Lovely Labels punch. One @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Stamp both sentiments in Cinnamon Cider. Stamp the butterfly in Misty Moonlight.
- Daisies – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 11, punch 6 images with the Medium Daisy punch. Ink the centers in Bumblee Bee and the tips in Misty Moonlight.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, punch 2 images with the Perennial punch.
- In-Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 2 and Cinnamon Cider – 6
Sliding Gateful Product List
I can’t wait to play with another one of Ruth’s beautiful papers. Stay tuned, more coming soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Happy day before Thanksgiving!! So happy you’ve stopped by. I’ve got another fancy fold to share. This time, it’s an interlocking accordion. Showing off all those Brightly Gleaming designer series papers was my #1 priority.
You will need a sheet of 12×12 cardstock to create the interlocking accordion fold. But you know what, that’s not a problem. Did you know that there are assorted packages of 12×12 in all color families? Yep, that’s right. Flip to page 144 of the Annual Catalog. It’s the second item in the left hand column.
Because I wanted an extra special card for both my son and daughter, I’ve really stepped this one up. You can add or delete design details or CASE this one as is to send your own special Christmas card. Are you ready to see the inside.
Don’t be intimidated by the interlocking accordion fold. I promise I’ll break it down for you step by step. There are even two panels for you to add your own handwritten notes.
First of all, to cut the windows and frames, I’ve used the Rectangle Stitched dies.
Are you in love with those papers yet? They were so popular last year, Stampin’ Up! just had to bring them back for an encore. The specialty papers have copper foil accents on one side and great versatile designs on the other. You’ll be using the paper long after the Christmas season.
I know I’ve got lots of visual learners out there, so here is your FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 12″, scored at 4″ and 8″. Cut the framed openings in panel #2 and panel #3 with the 4th largest rectangle stitched die. Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, scored at 1/2″. Cut the open
- Inside Accordion – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 9″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″, and 8 1/4″. One @ 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Front Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ornaments, Leaves, Sentiments – Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 11″. Stamp the ornament and “Merry Christmas” in versa mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder, heat set with heat tool. Stamp the other two sentiments in Pretty Peacock. Punch with the Rectangular Postage Punch. Stamp the holly leaves in Mossy Meadow.
- Sentiment Mat – Mossy Meadow CS – 2″ x 1/2″
- Interlocking Accordion Mats – Pretty Peacock CS – six @ 3″ x 2 1/2″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – pattern #1- two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, pattern #2 – two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Very Vanilla CS – two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Stamp the flourish in Mossy Meadow.
- Frame Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, nest the 2nd and 4th largest rectangle dies in the center of the mat and cut. Two @ 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ – with the center with the 3rd largest rectangle die.
- DSP Inside Panel Mats – Brightly Gleaming DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ribbon – Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible – 10″
- Scalloped Lace Trim – Very Vanilla – 2″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, using the envelope punch board. Punch and score @ 3 3/4″.
Interlocking Accordion Fancy Fold Product List
I would love to hear if you give this one a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Are you ready to get in the Christmas spirit? I think today’s snowflake shaker card will help you get there. The wintery blues in the Snowflake Splendor DSP gave this card a cool, crisp look.
Stampin’ Up! thought of it all by adding the large die that will cut out your shaker window. To add even more interest and dimension to my snowflake shaker, I’ve added in some of the Snowflake Sequins. That’s a returning favorite from last year. Whoop, whoop!!
Because I’ve added just the perfect amount of Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper, the card has lots of sparkle and shimmer. Be sure to add a couple of packs to your next order.
Wrapped in Christmas is another fabulous set, filled with great sentiments. This one was super easy to stamp in Balmy Blue and punch out with a 1 1/2″ circle punch.
Finally, I embossed the die-cut mat with the new Winter Snow embossing folder. Gotta love all the product coordination.
To complete the snowflake shaker, I’ve added a greeting and even more snowflakes on the inside. You can stamp as little or as much as you like to make this card super special.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Coastal Cabana CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut the large snowflake image in one of the mats with the large die fro the So Many Snowflakes set. Once cut, emboss with the Winter Snow embossing folder.
- DSP Mat – Snowflake Splendor DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5
- Snowflake Shaker Window – Window Sheet – 3 1/2″ x 5″
- Scallop Circle & Snowflakes – Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper – 3″ x 4″- Cut the scallop circle with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Cut the snowflakes with the dies from the So Many Snowflakes set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the senitment in Balmy Blue, punch with the 1 1/2″ circle punch.
- Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems – 1 large and 2 small
- Snowflake Sequines – aobut 1 teaspoon
- Pearls – white, 3 small
Snowflake Shaker Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!