Welcome! Ready for our fabulous Butterfly Brilliance swap? There are so many fancy folds and techniques, I’ll bet it will be hard for you to choose a favorite. But maybe you won’t have to. Why? Well, you’ll have to read to the end of the post to find out. In the meantime, sit back, relax, grab your favorite beverage and enjoy.
Because the gorgeous papers in the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper stack are so beautiful, you’ll be seeing a few cards including those. I’m going to show each of the cards and at the end we have a featured card from this swap. How do I chose the card to CASE and feature? All participants names are placed on my prize wheel. The winner gets to have their card featured here and on my YouTube Channel. I love bragging on my WOW Team, they are the BEST! Ready, I’m so excited, I can’t stand it. Here we go. First up, Denise Walker with a cute Flip Flap Fancy Fold.
Denise used the papers we were able to earn during Sale-a-Bration along with the Butterfly Bijou DSP. Her card base in Just Jade. That’s a current in-color that will carry-over to our new catalog. Next up, June Hay.
June used a stamping technique to achieve a continuous pattern on her card front. She used the stamp from the Wrapped Bouquet set. June’s card base is the lovely Seaside Spray. That one is going to retire, unfortunately. Darlene Torres is next.
Darlene embossed the beautiful DSP with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder. I loved the way she used the Metallic Mesh Ribbon to accent that gorgeous butterfly. Our next WOW designer is Nancy Sanders.
Nancy’s layering on this card is fabulous. She used the Happy Thoughts set for her sentiment. That one is my new go-to. Stand by until the video and you’ll see the fancy fold. Ready for yet another fancy fold? This time by Klarissa Nightingale.
What a cute peek-a-boo fold. Klarissa used the Small Bloom and Sprig punches to create the sweet flowers to highlight her focal image. Next in our Butterfly Brilliance swap we have Kathy Docen.
Kathy’s too is a fancy fold. You’re going to see a little theme when you view the video. The Happy Birthday die cut she used is from the Birthday Chick Dies. And isn’t that So Saffron and Bermuda Bay color combo yummy? Wait until you see what Paula-Kay Bourland has created.
Did you know that the Brilliant Wings die set has three background dies. Yep, and Paula-Kay used them all. I love it. Her fancy fold is definitely a WOW. Because she stamped the Butterfly Brilliance stamp on Basic White CS, she was able to custom color all her butterflies. Lots of work, but certainly worth it. Let’s see what Tonia Cooley has in store.
It’s a mini slimline card with lots of techniques. Tonia used the Very Versailles set. I’m crossing my fingers tight, that it will carryover. And look at the top of that tag, wowzer. There’s even a little pocket on the inside to hold the tag. I’m going to use mine as a bookmark. Here’s the one I designed for the swap.
If you missed it, I’ve got a post on this one here. And here’s the featured card for our Butterfly Brilliance WOW Team Swap. Lisa Lepine designed a technique packed work of art.
Her card base is Purple Posy with the butterflies in Pretty Peacock. Those are two colors that will be retiring. I know, I’m sad too. But remember we have five new colors coming soon.
Tada, a fabulous pop up fancy fold. Lisa was smart. She purchased two Butterfly Brilliance sets. She is now able to use one as a background stamp and the other she cut apart. That way she can stamp the lovely butterflies individually as well. I think she has convinced me to do the same thing.
I spy with my little eye yet another technique. Do you see that fabulous vellum under the detailed butterfly? I’m going to show you how to do that in today’s video. It’s a blends technique on vellum.
Isn’t that beautiful? Ready to dive into that video and learn what I’ve got up my sleeve for you?
Here’s how the magic happens on Lisa’s card.
- Base – Purple Posy CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Mat – Pretty Peacock CS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamped in versa mark, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Create the resist technique with blending brushes and So Saffron, Highland Heather and Coastal Cabana inks.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 8″ x 5 1/4″, scored at 4″. See the video for details in measuring and scoring this piece.
- Detail Butterflies – Pretty Peacock CS – 5″ x 7″, cut one of each with the Brilliant Wings dies.
- Full Butterflies – Vellum CS – 5 1/2″ x 6 1/2″
- Sentiment – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 1 1/2″, stamped in versa mark, sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Fussy cut the image.
- Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – about 15″
Butterfly Brilliance – Lisa’s Card Supply List
Here’s the surprise! Would you like to win a set of these cards? Well, I’ve got an entire package ready to giveaway. That’s right, all members of the WOW Card Swap donated a card to giveaway. One winner will be selected. How do you enter? Leave a comment here or on my YouTube Channel under this video. All names will be placed on my prize wheel. Deadline to comment is Wednesday, March 24th. The winner will be announced on Thursday, March 25th. Good luck everyone. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Hi Guys! So happy you’re here. Today I’m sharing a Hey Chick four panel fancy fold and soooo much more. My WOW Team had a challenge in February. I challenged them to create a card using the new Hey Chick bundles. Well, to say the least they knocked it out the park. Those that participated, had their names placed on the prize wheel. The winner is featured here today along with a video tutorial. But don’t worry, all the other cards from the challenge are here as well. And the winner is Eva Hibbing.
Eva’s four panel fancy fold really shows off lots of the characters from both stamp sets and dies. I love the bright colors she chose and the whimsical look. At the end of the post, I’ll show you my rendition along with a video tutorial. But, for now lets, take a look at the other cards entered in the challenge. First up, June Hay’s fabulous Tower Fold.
Fantastic, right? Who wouldn’t want to receive this stinkin’ cute card? I’ve got to learn how to create this fold. I can see so many possibilities. What do you think, didn’t she do a great job? Next up, we have Paula-Kay Bourland’s Z-Fold.
So much interest and texture. I love the way she used the chicken wire die all along the z-fold. And what about those cute little eggs? Nice touch! Let’s see whose next. It’s Lisa Lepine with a very fancy gatefold.
Not only is it a gatefold, it’s also got floating panels on the inside. Each little scene, makes me smile, How about you? Can you image how much stamping and coloring she put into this one? Told ya, my WOW Team is the BEST!! Ok, let’s dive into the details of Eva’s card. This is my interpretation. I didn’t have the same papers, but the four panel fancy fold is the same.
Four Panel Fancy Fold
Eva used the Ombre paper from Sale-a-Bration. I substituted with the 2020-2022 In-Color 6″ x 6″ designer series paper.
Coloring was easy and very relaxing. Our blends are fantastic. No matter which color combo you use, I think you would be happy with the outcome.
I’ve created lots of four panel fancy fold cards, but I have to say this one was the most FUN! Here’s your free video tutorial so you can create one of your own. Be sure to thank Eva for the fabulous design.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic White CS – 11 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″. On the 5 1/2″ side, line the cutting blade at 5/8″ and cut down to 7 1/4″ scoreline. Remove this long tab.
- Front Base Panel – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- DSP Mats – 2020-2022 In Color DSP Stack – two @ 2 5/8″ x 4 1/8″, two @ 3 3/8″ x 4 3/4″, and one @ 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″.
- Chickens – Basic White CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 12″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. All stamped in Memento Black.
- Fence – Early Espresso CS – 2 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, cut eight images.
- Sign – Sahara Sand CS – 1 3/4″ x 2″
- Cornstalks – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3″ x 4 1/2″, cut three
- Corn Husks – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut six
- Corn – Mango Melody CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut six
- Sentiments – Mango Melody CS – 2″ x 2″ cut with the scallop circle, one @ 1 1/2″ x 2″ cut with the Happy Birthday die from the Birthday Chick Dies. Early Espresso CS – 1 1/2″ x 2″, cut with the Happy Birthday die from the Birthday Chick Dies.
Four Panel Fancy Fold Hey Chick Supply List
Hope you decide to create this card for someone special in your life. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome!! Are you having a great day? I hope my Criss Cross Fancy Fold makes it an even better day. This is an easy fancy fold that you can adapt to any occasion. Mine is more on the feminine side, but I can see it easily adapted to both masculine and cards for the kiddos.
This color palette is so striking. I’ve pulled some of the colors from the Butterfly Bijou DSP. By combining the Mint Macaron, Magenta Madness, Bermuda Bay and Basic White, I think the card has a little of a vintage look. What do you think?
Have you ordered your Butterfly Bijou DSP yet? Don’t wait! Remember this paper is an exclusive, while supplies last only offering. I don’t want you to miss out. I’m on my 4th package already and may need to order another.
To step up my focal image, I turned to the Detailed Bands die set. I love that one. I sure hope it sticks around for the new catalog. But you never know. That retirement list will be posted on March 24th. Why is that? Well, we have a new annual catalog right around the corner. But I digress, let’s get back to today’s project.
The insert in the criss cross fancy fold is the perfect place for your message and signature. You could even insert a gift card. That’s what I call a twofer!!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Mint Macaron CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 4″ and @ 8″, see the video for cutting the side angles
- DSP Mat – Butterfly Bijou DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, cut on an angle
- Medallion – Magenta Madness CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the die from the Detailed Bands die set
- Leaves – Mint Macaron CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Sprigs – Bermuda Bay CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Butterfly – Butterfly Bijou DSP – cut with the largest die in the Brilliant Wings die set
- Detail Butterfly – Vellum CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the detailed die in the Brilliant Wings set
- Inside Tag – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Sentiment Accent Band – Magenta Madness CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Detailed Bands die set
- Sentiment DSP Accent – Butterfly Bijou DSP – 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
Criss Cross Fancy Fold Product List
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo! Did you notice this post includes a Prize Giveaway!! I can’t wait to share all the cards my WOW Team created for our Jan-June Mini Catalog Card Swap. You’ll get so many ideas, including some fun folds. With each Team Swap, I put all participants names in the hat and pull a winner. Let’s see all the cards before I announce that.
WOW!! I think my WOW Team Members knocked it out the park. And did you notice, each card features a different set? I love getting all these ideas and we will go through them one by one. Stay to the end to see the details of my Prize Giveaway. First up, we have first-time swapper, Helen Sigler.
Helen loves color. She shared with us that the Pretty Perennials bundle was the first one on her wish list. Well, I don’t know about you, but I think she was spot on with her color choices. This card truly makes me happy. Next up, Helen’s Mom, Kathy Docen.
This submission was Kathy’s first as well. She wowed us with the Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle. Not only that she included some Frost white Shimmer Paint and beautiful vellum in her design. This bundle is at the top of my design list. Fingers crossed I get to it this week. Let’s see what Darlene Torres has in store for us.
Look at those stinkin’ cute Darling Donkeys. By the way, it’s a FREE set you can earn during Sale-a-Bratoin. Not only that, Darlene used the Oh So Ombre DSP, another FREE offering. I’m loving all the layers and her fantastic coloring using Stampin’ Blends. It’s Nancy Sanders turn next.
You can’t go wrong with the fabulous new True Love Designer Series Paper. It’s a black and white classic. Nancy really showed off that gorgeous paper with her fancy fold. And how about her coloring. She isolated an image from the paper. Because fussy cutting is a breeze, she did just that. Then she colored right on the DSP! Nancy used the Forever & Always Bundle, a must-have. Denise Walker is our next designer.
Denise used the Quite Curvy bundle to create this super cute and happy fun fold. Yep, she even included a mat of window sheet to give the see-through effect on her card. Again, lovely coloring with the Blends. I see a pattern here, how about you? Ready for another very fancy fold? Paula-Kay Bourland shared a very unique fold in her swap card.
Be sure to view my video at the end of the post to see the mechanism on Paula-Kay’s card. She used the Dragonfly Garden bundle. Hop on that one quick! It’s projected to go on backorder. Because she used the Flower & Field DSP her card has a very dramatic look and feel. Next up, Klarissa Nightingale shared a sweet shaker card.
Klarissa used the Simply Succulents Bundle to fill her Mason Jar Shaker Dome. Brilliant idea! She also used the very versatile In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. I think it gave her shaker the perfect background. Time to unveil the winner of this swap. Tonia Cooley has designed a fabulous Calendar & Post-it-Note Easel Card filled with techniques.
Oh my goodness, I was blown away when I opened her swap box. Tonia’s beautiful design contains, heat embossing, gilded leafing, blends coloring, dry embossing, and so much more.
She even created a custom colored ribbon to match her card. Yep, you can do that with Stampin’ Blends.
Do you love that butterfly as much as I do? That one can be found in the FREE Sale-a-Bration set, A Touch of Ink. Check out the video to watch me CASE Tonia’s card. You won’t want to miss all the techniques and tips.
Prize Giveaway Info
What’s the prize up for grabs. I’m giving away A Touch of Ink stamp set. All you have to do is comment. You have until Friday, 2/5/21 to leave your comment either here or my YouTube Channel. All names will be entered in the drawing. I will announce the winner on Saturday, February 6, 2021. Good luck everyone!
Here’s how the magic happens for Tonia Cooley’s Calendar Easel Card.
- Card Base – Basic Black CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″
- Easel – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 3/8″, embossed with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder
- Mat – Basic Black CS – 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Stamped Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, after stamping, emboss with the Subtle 3D embossing folder
- Calendar Mat – Basic Black CS – 3 1/8″ x 2 3/8″
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Butterfly – Basic White CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Leaves – Basic White CS – 1 1/4″ x 2″
- Accent Band – Basic White CS – 1 1/8″ x 4 1/4″
- Calendar – Tonia sourced hers at the Dollar Tree. However, if you google 3″ x 2 1/4″ calendars, I’ll bet you’ll be successful.
- Artistry Blooms Sequins – 3
- Ribbon – Gold Metallic Edge – about 17″
- Basic Pearl – 1 small
- Gilded Leafing & Heat & Stick Powder
- Coloring the Ribbon – Light So Saffron, Light Pumpkin Pie, Light Rococo Rose Stampin’ Blends
- Coloring the Butterfly – Light So Saffron, Light Pumpkin Pie, Light Rococo Rose, Light Basic Black, Dark Soft Sea Foam and Light Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends
Wasn’t that a fabulous swap? I can’t wait to host the next one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Not one, but two fancy folds in one! I’m calling this my double fancy fold. It’s a slide & lock and floating gatefold in one card. And there’s even more good news. Beginning February 2, 2021, all my customers can order, both the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick bundles. Yep, there will be dies available for both. And you can save 10% when ordering.
I just couldn’t help myself. I had to create an over the top, double fancy fold to showcase these two new bundles. Do you recognize this super cute stamp set? Yep, the Hey Chick Stamp set was a 2017 Sale-A-Bration set. But now it’s back and with new friends to boot.
Because Stampin’ Up! wanted to make this come back even better, they are introducing a set of coordinating dies.
Chick Dies, coordinates with Hey Chick Stamp Set. Purchase the bundle, #158627 and save 10%
Ready to see the three new friends and their set of coordinating dies? This one is all about birthdays.
Birthday Chick Dies, coordinates with Hey Birthday Chick Stamp Set. Purchase the bundle, #158631 and save 10%.
By including elements from both bundles, I was able to create this unique double fancy fold.
Okay, if you aren’t smiling really big right now, I find that difficult to believe. These little chickens just make me happy. Can’t you see lots of little “scene cards” created with these sets. Just to give you another idea, here’s one that the Stampin’ Up! artists created. It’s a super cute slim line.
Ready to dive in, to see how my card came together? Sit back, relax and enjoy. First things, first, to see what’s inside, all you have to do is slide the focal image from the center of the gatefold. Can’t get any easier than that.
Open it up to unveil the floating panels on the inside. There you could include sentiments or some of the other little chicken friends.
I’ve used the All Wired Up set for the outer panels just to give you some options when you are creating one of these for yourself.
What do you think of those cornstalks? Did you notice they are also embossed? The die will create that for you when you cut the image.
The double fancy fold is closed up easily by sliding the focal image onto the gatefold doors. I hope you think about adding the new bundles to your stash. Here I’ve got a video tutorial and downloadable PDF for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Be sure to download my FREE full-color PDF for today’s project.
Hey Chick Double Fancy Fold PDF
Double Fancy Fold Product List
Available beginning 2/2/21 – Hey Chick Bundle #158627 – $44 and Hey Birthday Chick Bundle #158631 – $43
Let me know if you give this one a try. I hope you enjoy it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ready for a new fun fold? Today’s Slide & Lock Gatefold is easy, but really packs that WOW factor. Not only that, the fold really shows off the gorgeous Hydrangea Haven bundle.
I’ve created this card for my amazing daughter. She’s a middle school teacher. It’s tough times right now and every day is filled with new challenges. Because she is a determined woman she is doing an incredible job. It makes me proud that she is shaping the minds of the future.
In creating the slide & lock gatefold, I knew I wanted to showcase not just the flower, but the beautiful Hydrangea Hill designer series paper as well.
One of the best parts of the fancy fold, is that it’s pretty easy to figure out the mechanism and it holds the card shut for mailing and presentation.
The Hydrangea Haven stamp set is filled with not just beautiful floral images, but lovely sentiments as well. Hope you enjoy today’s video tutorial. Don’t forget to checkout all the dimensions listed below. Also, remember if you order the bundle, your order will qualify for a FREE Sale-a-Bration item. My suggestion would be the Heal Your Heart stamp set.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Highland Heather CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 2 3/4″ on both ends. **Cut a sliver from one of the scored panels as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mats – Gorgeous Grape CS – one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″ and two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″
- DSP Mats – Hydrangea Hill DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Accent Strip – Hydrangea Hill DSP – 3/4″ x 4″
- Focal Slides – Basic White CS – four @ 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ – cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Hydrangea – Basic White CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″,
- Flower Head – Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Small Flowers – Seaside Spray CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″ – cut with the die from the Hydrangea die set.
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Envelope – Medium Basic White
- Ribbon – Gorgeous Grape 3/8″ Sheer Ribbon – about 10″
- Pastel Pearls – three in Highland Heather.
Slide & Lock Gatefold Product List
Ordering in my online store really helps me out. I would love to earn your business. Remember too, if you have any questions you can always leave a comment and I’ll get back with you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!