Are you ready for a fancy fold? Today I’ll be featuring the Arrow Fold I learned from Sam with Mixed Up Crafts. I love how all us paper crafting artists share with one another. When I saw the fold, I knew I wanted to showcase the unique Stitched Leaves die cuts.
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
Fall is my favorite season of year and beautiful leaves are my favorite element. I’m a country nature girl, lived on the farm my entire life. I love to see the ground covered in colorful crunchy leaves. Some leaves hang on longer, but eventually they all fall.
The Arrow Fold truly is easy but the perfect platform for all kinds of bouquets. Today, it’s all about those gorgeous stitched leaves. This is an oversized card, but I’m sure you can adapt the size. Because those leaves are so beautiful, I wanted to be sure I had enough real estate to showcase them in style.
Likewise, the fantastic new Brushed Metallic cardstock was perfect for the sprigs, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set.
Finally, I love the fact that when you cut the angles for all the mats, there is NO waste at all. I’ll be making more fancy folds like this. I’ve got a Christmas card in my head that’s got to be created! Watch how easy you can create this fold.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 10″ x 7″, scored at 5″. On the card front, place a tick mark at each side at 2 1/2″. Then place a tick mark at the bottom at 3 1/2″. Connect tick marks as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4 3/4″ x 6 1/2″, tick on the 6 1/2″ side at 3 1/4″, cut as show in the video tutorial.
- DSP Mat – Gilded Autumn DSP – 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″, on the 5 3/4″ side tick at 2 7/8″, cut as show in the video tutorial.
- Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, Pumpkin Pie CS – 3″ x 4 1/2″, and Crushed Curry CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut an assortment of leaves with the Stitched Leaves die set.
- Sentiment & Acorns – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 2″ and 1 @ 1 1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the sentmient in Cajun Craze and cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. Stamp the acorns in Early Espresso, cap in Cajun Craze and bottom in Crumb Cake. Punch with the cooresponding punch fro the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Sprigs – Brushed Metallic CS in Copper – three @ 1 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″.
Arrow Fold Fancy Fold Product List
I hope you give this one a try. The new products will launch August 4th. Be sure to visit my online store and take advantage of my BOGO Sale. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
What’s your favorite season of the year? Mine? Well, of course it’s Fall Y’all. The Beautiful Autumn and Love of Leaves bundles coordinate so beautifully. I couldn’t resist racing ahead to the fall season to give you a sneak peek. Both bundles are a new product offering in the Aug-Dec Mini Catalog.
Because the Gilded Autumn Suite is filled with so many beautiful new goodies, I almost don’t know where to start. Well, first things first I guess. Look at those lovely new papers. The Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP has elegant desgins in earthy colors. Not only that the sheets are filled with copper and gold foil.
But wait, I spy with my little eye, new Brushed Metallic cardstock.Yep, that’s right. The pack is a 12″ x 12″ format and contains 2 single sided sheets; 2 each of 3 colors, bronze, copper and gold. And I’ve stepped it up a notch by embossing it with the Greenery Embossing Folder.
Cajun Craze is my favorite Fall color of all time. No wonder I chose it for my card base. The color palette also includes Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Mint Macaron and Very Vanilla.
Even more special, the Beautiful Autumn bundle includes a trio of punches. That’s right a trio! There’s a little leaf, sprig and acorn punch that match images in the stamp set.
The sentiments in the Love of Leaves bundle went perfectly with my 1st Fall card of the year. That bundle has a fabulous set of dies that I’ll feature in my next creation. But first, let’s see how this one comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Cajun Craze CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the sentiment and leaves in Early Espresso. Stamp the fill in of the leaves in Mint Macaron.
- DSP Mat – Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Banner – Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP – 1 1/2″ x 5″, punch one end with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Foil Mat – Brushed Metallic CS in Copper – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, embossed with the Greenery Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment – Cajun Craze CS – 2″ x 3 1/4″ and Very Vanilla CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Stitched So Sweetly set. Stamp the senitment in Early Espresso.
- Leaves – Mint Macaron CS – 4″ x 1 1/4″, stamp the leaves in Early Espresso, punch with the coordinating punch from the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Acorn – Very Vanilla CS – Scrap – stamp the acorn in Early Espresso, stamp the cap in Cajun Craze and the base in Crum Cake. Punch with the coordinating punch from the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla – Stamp the sentiment and large leaf in Cajun Craze.
- Antiqued Corners and Slides – two corner elements
Beautiful Autumn Card Product List
Are you excited for the new catalog? I sure am. It will launch August 4th. On that day be sure to check out my BOGO sale. You won’t want to miss it, there’s almost 300 items up for grabs. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome back everyone! I’m so excited about today’s project. I’ll be sharing my Give Thanks Wreath. It’s so easy to make fabulous cards with the Arrange a Wreath Bundle. And the best part, it’s for every season of the year. But today is all about Autumn and giving thanks.
I wish that you could touch this card. Why? That beautiful embossed mat is the new Color Velveteen Paper. It adds so much texture and is so soft. Because I embossed it with the Parisian 3D Embossing Folder, I’ve added even. more interest. Let’s dive into the details of my Give Thanks Wreath.
The gorgeous Wreath Builder die set has 21 dies making it super easy to decorate your wreaths for every season. Because Autumn is my favorite season, I decided to start things off there. My color palette is Very Vanilla, Shaded Spruce, Cinnamon Cider, Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry. Can’t get too much more Autumn than that!
I’ve even added two of our new embellishments on my Give Thanks Wreath. Those sweet ittle wood accents are the In Good Taste Elements. They are a little fragile, but so stinkin’ cute. I would hand deliver this card. So, if you plan to mail it, I’ld leave those elements off. Did you notice the bling? That’s the new Artisty Blooms Sequins. And guess what? They don’t have a hole in them. I love that.
Did you know that the Gather Together stamp set is coming back? I’m so excited, I love that one. It will be in the new August – December Mini Catalog along with the coordinating dies. Watch how easy this card comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mats – Shaded Spruce CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Color Velveteen Paper in Cinnamon Cider – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Parisian 3D Embossing Folder,
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Wreath – Rich Razzleberry CS and Shaded Spruce CS – one each @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the dies from the Wreath Builder die set.
- Flowers – Crushed Curry CS – 1 3/4″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Wreath Builder die set.
- Flower Centers – Rich Razzleberry CS – 1″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Wreath Builder die set.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames die set.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla
- Basic Pearls – Three
- Artistry Blooms Adhesive Backed Sequines – Three
- In Good Taste Elements – Three
Give Thanks Wreath Product List
Hope you enjoyed today’s project. Christmas is next. Stay tuned, you won’t want to miss it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
First, sorry I’ve been a little MIA. I caught some respiratory bug and have been sick for 2 weeks. I’m finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to all that sent so many get well wishes. They meant the world to me. Getting back into the swing of things though, I experienced a little loss of mojo. Yes, it happens to me too! But, I always know that I can get things back on track with a WOW Card Sketch.
A card sketch is a quick and easy way create cards in a flash. I would love to start a new series on my blog and YouTube channel. But, I need your help. Would you like to see a WOW Card Sketch series? Is this something you would find helpful? Leave a comment and let me know. I used this sketch to create three different styles. Today, let’s dive into my Gather Together Fall inspired card.
Once I drew the sketch, got all my dimensions nailed down, my next decison was a theme. Mine was Fall and a season of thanks. What better set than the Gather Together bundle. The #1 rule in using a sketch, don’t get stuck on making the WOW Card Sketch to literal. It’s only a guide.
You can see here that I turned the focal image in order for it to meet my needs and use of my “pretties”. Those leaves are over the top gorgeous. The dies in the Gathered Leaves set cut and emboss at the same time. I spritzed my Pretty Peacock card stock with a little Champagne Shimmer Mist, then ran it through my die cutting machine. Instantly you get a great embossed and sparkly image.Gotta love that!!
Because I wanted to finish off the inside of my card, I added a Very Vanilla mat and went to stampin’. That’s what we do best, right?
Then, by using my WOW Card Sketch, I pulled that gorgeous Come to Gather designer series paper and cut my mats. If you guys know me at all, you know I love rich Fall colors. My color palette is Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot and Pretty Peacock. Choosing Very Vanilla for my neutral, tied everything together.
Want to see how quick and easy this card comes together? I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Be sure to hit the “bell” when you do. By doing that you’ll get notifications when I upload a new creation.
I’ve got a challenge for you. Create a card using my sketch, post it in the comments on my WOW NOLA Creations Facebook page for a chance on my prize wheel. The prize up for grabs is the Winter Knit 3D Embossing Folder. I can’t want to see your creations.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Print off or refer to my WOW Card Sketch #1
- Card Base – Early Espresso CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Mats – Come to Gather DSP – three @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, ink the edges in Merry Merlot
- Stitched Label – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″, scut with the die from Stitched Nested Labels.
- Embossed Leaves – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, spritz the card stock with Champagne Shimmer Mist, cut with the dies from Gathered Leaves.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 2″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames.
- Large Leaf & Sentiment Frame – Cajun Craze CS – 5 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the large leaf in Cajun Craze, cut the leaf image with the die from Gathered Leaves. Cut the frame image with the die from Ornate Frames. Either spritz or highlight the frame edge with wink of stella.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the wheat, first and second general in Cajun Craze. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso.
WOW Card Sketch #1 – Gather Together Card Supply List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Customer Thank You card time again. I am so grateful for each of my customers and followers. My birthday month was fabulous and I want to thank everyone that placed an order. What better set to use for thank you cards, than the Gather Together bundle. And it’s Fall Y’all, so my color palette is a rich one.
My card base is Crumb Cake with a gorgeous embossed mat of Merry Merlot. For my designer series paper, I chose the Woven Threads pattern. I just love the Terracotta Tile accents in that one. Because I topped it off with a piece of our Mercury Glass Designer Acetate, the banner has lots of texture and interest.
My little leaf cluster was created with the stamps and dies from the bundle. Did you know that the dies in the Gathered Leaves set cut and emboss at the same time? I think that’s pretty fabulous.
To achieve that deep embossed pattern, I spritz the card stock with my spritzer filled with Champagne mist, first. Then I placed the dies and ran it through my die cutting machine. Voila, embossed leaves!
Adding a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to the inside of the card gave me another surface to stamp. That gorgeous leaf was stamped in two generations of Mossy Meadow. To finish off the sentiment for my thank you card, I went with Terracotta Tile, tying in the color from the front.
I love how this one turned out. These are in the mail, as I’m writing this blog post. I hope you all enjoy this month’s thank you card. How about a quick video tutorial with a special surprise. I’ll announce the big winner of my Birthday Month Ordering Giveaway. Good luck everyone!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Crumb Cake CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder.
- Banner – Woven Threads DSP – 2″ x 5 1/4″ and Mercury Glass – 1 1/2″ x 5″, punch one end of each with the Triple Banner Punch.
- Large Leaf – Mossy Meadow CS – 3″ x 3″, stamp in Mossy Meadow, die cut with the die from Gathered Leaves
- Embossed Leaves – Terracotta Tile CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, die cut with the three dies from the Gathered Leaves set.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 1/12″, stamp in Mossy Meadow, die cut with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the leaf, 2 generations in Mossy Meadow. Stamp the sentiment in Terracotta Tile.
Customer Thank You Card Product List
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Have you seen the Christmas Countdown Project Kit on page 38 of the Holiday Catalog? It makes a great Advent Calendar and countdown to the big day.
But, the opposite side, of the little boxes, can also be decorated to your heart’s desire. I decided that the flip side of mine would become my Random Acts of Kindness Countdown. What better way to commerate the month of thanks?
And as my little Random Acts of Kindness for you, I’m gifting you the two files I created for this project. Because you’ll need numbers for the little box drawers, I created a numbers file that you can easily punch with a 1″ circle punch. Random Acts of Kindness Numbers
The second file is a 2-page PDF with a Random Act of Kindness for each of the drawers. I used the Everyday Label Punch to punch these out. Random Acts of Kindness Verses
During the design process, my first task at hand was to choose my papers and layout for each. To make things easy for you, I’ve grouped each paper design with the corresponding numbers.
Using the Come to Gather DSP was an easy decision. I think the colors are calming and just bold enough for the Fall season. In that suite, we also have the Gather Together bundle. I used that to stamp and die cut the cute little pumpkin images. Here’s a closup of each of the 7 designs.
I’m going to give my grandchildren a box and I’m going to keep one. We are going to have a Random Acts of Kindness challenge. I think this is a great teaching moment and a chance for me to communicate a lesson of service.
All you’ll need to do is print my files on Whisper White card stock and punch them out. Fill your box and the countdown is on. I’ld love to hear from you, if you decide to create one. To make it super easy, I’ve even filmed a video for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Box Mats – Come to Gather DSP – 1 15/16″ x 1 15/16″, trace the notch from one of the leftover panels from the Christmas Countdown Project kit. Punch the notch with a 1″ circle punch.
- Pretty Peacock with Leaves – 4
- Woodgrain – 4
- Merry Merlot w/leaves – 4
- Peacock Check – 3
- Dark Background w/Pumpkins – 3
- Light Background w/Pumpkins – 4
- Mini Pumpkins – 3
- Accent Strips – multi color check – four @ 1/2″ x 2″
- Accent Elements
- Wheat Stems – Cajun Craze CS – four @ 1″ x 3 1/2″ and Early Espresso CS – four @1″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the dies from Bouquet Bunch.
- Pumpkins – Cajun Craze CS – 1 1/2″ x 6″ – stamp four of the pumpkin images in Early Espresso with the stamp from Gather Together. Die cut with the coordinating die from Gathered Leaves.
- Leaf Punch – Pretty Peacock CS – punch four leaves
- Sprig Punch – Pretty Peacock CS – punch three sprigs
- Embossesd Leaves – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, die cut with the dies from Gathered Leaves.
- Bows – Pretty Peacock CS – 3 3/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut four with the die from Bouquet Bunch.
- Large Leaf – Cajun Craze CS – four @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the die from Seasonal Layers
- 1 1/8″ Scallop Circle Punch – Cajun Craze CS – punch 11; Pretty Peacock – punch 11; Early Espresso CS – punch 3.
- Pearls – four medium
- Copper Washi – 12″
- Come to Gather Ribbon – about 70″
- Numbers and Random Acts of Kindness
- Numbers – Whisper White CS – one sheet
- Random Acts of Kindness – Whisper White CS – two sheets
Random Acts of Kindness Product List
I’m so very excited to start my Random Acts of Kindness November 1st. I hope my grandkids really enjoy this. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!