Ever create a card that just plain made you happy? That’s what this one did for me. Doesn’t it look like the little chick, from the Full of Happiness stamp set, is sitting in a field of wild flowers? That stamp set is super cute and very affordable. The bridge fold was perfect to show off that sweet little chick.
Have you ever used a DisINKtive stamp? The Full of Happiness set is a DisINKtive photopolymer set. Not sure what all that means? Stampin’ Up! has a patent pending new stamp style called DisINKtive. Because the technology is built into the stamp you get highlights and low lights in one stamping motion. That’s why the little chick has some light and dark looking feathers. Isn’t that cute?
By using the gorgeous Pressed Petals Specialty DSP, I thought I could get the little chick to look like he/she was sitting in a field of wild flowers. What do you think?
Did you know that the egg die from the Dino Dies set will cut this image? I think you might want to scoop those up. I’ve got another project in the works. And those sweet little mushrooms and patch of grass, those are die cuts from the Wiggly Bugs set. Another super cute die set for kid cards and treats.
The bridge fold even has an area on the back to add a panel for a sentiment and message. Did I mention the bridge fold lies flat for easy mailing. Take a peek at my video tutorial, I’ll bet you’ll be creating one of your own in no time at all.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 8″ x 4 1/4″, scored @1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″
- Bridge – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/2″ x 1 3/4″
- Embossed Mat on Bridge – Crumb Cake CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder.
- Mats – Crumb Cake CS – four @ 1″ x 4″ and two @ 2 3/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Pressed Petals DSP – four @ 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Egg – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 4″, cut with the die from Dino Dies.
- Chick – Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Mushrooms – Very Vanilla CS and Soft Suede CS – one each 1″ x 3″, cut with the dies from Wiggly Bugs.
- Back Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Grass – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 1″ x 4″, cut with the die from Wiggly Bugs.
Full of Happiness Easter Bridge Fold Product List
Hope you enjoyed this one, would love to hear your thoughts. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
If I had to pick a style, it would have to be vintage. This gorgeous Easter vintage fancy fold is a card I’m pretty proud of. I love all the elements and the colors. Because one of my WOW Club Members asked for Easter cards for her club night, I created today’s card.
Before we get into this card, I would love to award a prize from my last blog post. Congratulations, Jackie Heikes. Jackie won one of my Lenten Service Projects. Jackie, be sure to contact me here so that I can get your prize in the mail.
Now, let’s really get into this Easter vintage fancy fold. By adding the detailed cross to the center of the gorgeous Heirloom Frame, I was able to add lots of lovely elements.
Because I chose the Pressed Petals Specialty DSP, I was able to incorporate lots of rich colors. My color palette is Very Vanilla, Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Mossy Meadow.
After cutting and embossing the beautiful Heirloom Frame, I lightly inked it in Crumb Cake. Then it was all about embellishing. I love piecing together designs. This lovely Easter vintage fancy fold is no exception.
One of my favorite things to do is create my own flowers. I call these my scruncy flower. Why? By spritzing them with Champagner Shimmer Mist, crumbling them and allowing them to dry, you can create flowers with lots of texture and interest. Psst…. Don’t miss out on that Small Bloom punch. It’s free during Sale-a-Bration.
By opening the first flap of the card, you will unveil the first of two sentiments. Don’t forget too, you can stamp on designer series paper. I just love that.
Open the final flap and you’ve got your second sentiment and lots of room to write your note to someone very special. Be sure to check out my video tutorial to see how easy this Easter vintage fancy fold can be.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vailla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Flap – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 5″ x 4 1/2″, score on the 4 1/2″ side at 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 3 7/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Mats – Merry Merlot CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – 3 11/16″ x 4 15/16″
- Embossed Frame – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the Heirloom Frames die and embossed with the Heirloom Frames 3D embossing folder.
- Cross – Soft Suede CS and Crumb Cake CS – cut one in each color @ 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, using the dies from Cross of Hope set.
- Flowers – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – punch 15 images with the Small Bloom Punch.
- Sprigs – Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, cut three with the die from Frosted Bouquet.
- Stamped Images – Very Vanilla CS – 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, punch all corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Champagne Rhinestones – 5 small and 1 large
Easter Vintage Fancy Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Can you believe it? We are preparing for Easter 2020 already. My Lenten Service Project is a great way to get in the spirit of the season. I’m going to gift one of these to my grandchildren, Trent and Elisabeth. Each day I’ll check in with them so we can share our experiences.
To cut the words for my Lenten Service Project, I used the Handwritten Prose Dies. Don’t you just love that font? Believe it or not, it only took two passes through the die cutting machine to get all the letters needed.
Because the gorgeous Lily Impressions DSP has such lovely colors, it was easy to choose a color palette. I know we no longer have a Purple Posy stamp pad, but here’s a tip. By stamping second generation, Highland Heather, I was able to acheive a Purple Posy hue. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
And WOW, did you know that you can earn the sweet little Small Blooms Punch for free? Yep, it’s still Sale-a-Bration 2020 and the punch is available. I think it’s a must-have. Don’t wait, Sale-a-Bration ends March 31st.
Whatever you do, don’t forget about our Annual Catalog. There are loads of goodies in there, including the Butterfly Duet Punch and the Tropical Dies. Not to mention, one of my all time favorites, the linen thread.
The lovely stamped images are from the Positive Thoughts stamp set. And WOW, Stampin’ Up! added a die set, Nature’s Thoughts to coordinate. Pick up both and you are on your way to earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item.
A great way to stretch your supplies is to alter them. That’s easy with our Stampin’ Blends. I’ve colored the metallic edge ribbon, on the cross, with the Dark Purple Posy Blend. Are you ready to create on of these for your family? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how quickly you can create one.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Would you like to win one of these? Leave a comment on this blog post by Wednesday, 3/4, 9am (CST) and I will put your name on the wheel. I’ll announce the winner Thursday, 3/5.
- Click this link to print your service project items. Lenten Service Project PDF
- Base – Purple Posy CS – 12″ x 12″, score at 4″ and 4 1/4″, rotate 90 degrees and score at 4″ and 8″ just to the 1st score line.
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 11″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Lily Impressions DSP – one @ 10 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and three @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Ovals – Purple Posy CS – 4″ x 9 1/2″, cut three ovals using the largest oval from the Layering Ovals die set.
- Scallop Stitched Rectangle – Purple Posy CS – 4″ x 3″, cut with the scond to largest die from the Stitched So Sweetly set.
- Detailed Bands – Gorgeous Grape CS – three @3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Detailed Bands set.
- Letters – Gorgeous Grape CS – 3 3/4″ x 8 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Handwritten Prose set.
- Cross – Purple Posy CS and Gorgeous Grape CS – one each @ 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Cross of Hope set.
- Leaves and Ferns – Garden Green CS – 2 3/4″ x 6 1/2″, punch 3 leaf sets with the leaf punch and cut two ferns with the die from the Tropical set.
- Stamped Butterfly – Purple Posy CS – 2″ x 2″, stamp the butterfly from Positive Thoughts in Gorgeous Grape, cut with the die from Nature’s Thoughts.
- Flowers & Butterflies – Lily Impressions DSP – 3″ x 7 1/2″, puch nine flowers using the Small Bloom punch and punch two sets of butterflies using the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Basic Rhinestones – three large and six small
- Metallic Edge Ribbon – Whisper White/Silver – 3″
- Bird Ballad Trinkets – one bow and one leaf
- Linen Thread – about 28″
Lenten Service Project Product List
Hope you join in this service, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! So glad you stopped by. Hope you are looking forward to the Easter weekend. I’ve got a sweet Easter gift bag and card for you. These feature the Hold on to Hope stamp set and Cross of Hope dies. Both projects are pretty quick and easy. But, let’s start things off with the card.
Little supplies are needed for this Easter card; mainly stamp, ink and paper. I did use the Tin Tile Embossing Folder to give the card a little texture. I’m so happy that this set and the coordinating dies will carry over to our new Annual Catalog.
My color combination for both the Easter gift bag and card is Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Merry Merlot and Soft Suede. The softer tones definitely remind me of Spring.
I used a masking technique to be sure the cross came forward with the sunburst in the background. Not sure how to do that? No worries, I’ve got a video tutorial for you.
Next up, we have the coordinating Easter gift bag. Be sure to add your design to the bag with dimensionals. In that way, you can clip the dimensionals away and salvage the creation for an Easter scrapbook page. I love it when a project can serve double duty!
Stamping the edge of the large Soft Sea Foam mat really brought my Easter gift bag to life. The image comes form the Beautiful Promenade set. That one is currently offered in a bundle format. It will carry over to the new catalog, but if you wait, you’ll loose the 10% discount. So, if this one is on your list be sure to order it soon.
I just love that Stampin’ Up! offers so many lovely dies to dress things up. The two die cuts on the focal image are from the Flourish set. That is one of my favorites and lucky me, it’s going to carry over.
The gorgeous die cut at the top of the mat is from the Delicate Lace set. And hooray again, this one will be an offering in the new catty. This time I spritz it with our Champagne Shimmer Mist to give it a little sparkle.
Using my paper piercer, I even decided to give the scallop oval even more texture by piercing each of the scallops. I just think that adds so much. What to create an Easter gift bag? I’ve got a video tutorial for you. Enjoy.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Easter Card
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Stamped Image – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamp the images as follows:
- Grassy Mound – Stamp the image from the Waterfront set in Soft Sea Foam.
- Cross – Stamp the image from Hold on to Hope, second generation, in Soft Suede.
- Mast – Stamp the Cross image on a sticky note in Soft Suede. Fussy cut the mask.
- Apply the mask to the cross image.
- Sunburst – Stamp the sunburst image from the Bouquet Blooms set in So Saffron.
- Remove the mask.
- Sentiment – Stamp the sentiment from Hold on to Hope, over the cross in Merry Merlot.
- Easter Gift Bag
- Mats – Soft Suede CS – 6 3/4″ x 8 1/2″ and Soft Sea Foam CS – 6 1/2″ x 8 1/4″. Stamp the image from the Beautiful Promenade set around the perimeter of the Soft Sea Foam mat in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Top Flourish Die Cut – Merry Merlot CS – 6″ x 2″, cut with the die from Delicate Lace. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist. Allow to dry.
- Focal Mats – Soft Suede CS- 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- Title – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and Merry Merlot CS – 2″ x 5″, both cut with the Rectangle Stitched dies.
- Banner – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″, stamped in Soft Suede with the stamp from Hold on to Hope. Cut with the die from Cross of Hope.
- Flourishes – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ – stamp the images form Hold on to Hope in Soft Sea Foam and cut with the die from Cross of Hope.
- Scallop Ovals – Merry Merlot CS – 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut the large and small ovals from the Layering Ovals dies.
- Crosses – Soft Sea Foam CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Soft Suede CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut the images with the dies from Cross of Hope.
- Focal Image Side Die Cuts – Merry Merlot CS – two @ 1″ x 6″, cut with the die from the Flourish set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamp in Soft Suede with the stamp from Fable Friends. Die cut with the die from Layering Ovals.
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might need.
Hope you stop by again soon, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for my Easter Treat Extravaganza! Do you love to put a smile on the faces of those important people in your life? You can do that with just a little something we refer to as a “happy”. Nothing says love like a handcrafted little something.
All four of the treat holders are pretty quick and easy to create. I highlighted the projects on my recent Facebook Live. Be sure to Like and Follow my WOW NOLA Creations Page so you don’t miss out on any future Susan WOW Live Shows. I’m LIVE Sunday evenings at 7pm (CST). Can’t make the LIVE, no worries, I always post the video and you can catch the replay. Now back to these super cute Easter Treats.
1st up we have this super cute cookie treat. I was able to snatch these up at my local Dollar General. They have bunnies, Easter eggs and chicks. But, for this one I chose the bunnies. Be quick, they are selling out fast!!!!!
Using the Daisy Delight stamp set and punch it was super easy to make a fabulous topper for my treat.
Here’s how the magic happens on this one.
- Designer Series Paper – Painted Seasons – 9 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, round off the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Daisy and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 8 1/2″. Stamp two of the daisy images from the Daisy Delight set, in Calypso Coral, punch with the daisy punch. Stamp the sentiment from the Fable Friends set in Memento Tuxedo Black. Punch out the sentiment with the 1 1/4″ circle punch.
- Scallop Circle – Calypso Coral CS – punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle
- Daisy Centers and Leaves – Lemon Lime Twist CS – punch 2 sets of leaves with the Leaf punch. punch two 3/4″ circles for the center and back of the daisy.
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine – about 8″
It wouldn’t be a WOW show if we didn’t step things up. Next up we have our little Peekaboo Bunny Treat Holder. The Gingham Gala DSP makes the most darlin’ Easter Treats! Be sure to order at least 2 packages of this fabulous paper before it’s gone forever.
I picked up the cute chocolate bunnies at my local Dollar Tree. They come 3 to a package for $1. You can mix and match the colors with the DSP pack.
Wait, did you see those cute sequins? They are sticky back, so easy application. They come in assorted colors with 250 in a package. Here’s how the magic happens on this one.
- Tag Topper Easter Treat Holder – CS color of your choice – This one is Highland Heather CS – 2″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/4″ and 5 3/4″. Punch both ends with the Tag Topper Punch.
- DSP Mat – Gingham Gala DSP color of your choice – This one is Highland Heather. 1 3/4″ x 4″
- Wet glue the DSP to the front of the tag topper Easter Treat holder. Punch a 1 1/2″ circle from a post it note. Use that circle to mark a place on the treat holder. The bottom of the punched circle should be 1 1/4″ from the first score line on the treat holder.
- Scallop Oval – CS color of your choice. This one is Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 1/2″. Cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2″, stamp the sentiment from Fable Friends in Memento Black, die cut the image with the Layering Ovals set.
- Gingham Gala Adhesive-Backed Sequins – color of your choice
- Ribbon – Granny Apple Green – 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon – about 4″
- Solid Whisper White Baker’s Twine – about 8″
Ready to step it up again? This time we will be adding a few more steps, embellishments and lots of cuteness. The Bunny Rope treats were found at Dollar General and they come 10 to a package for $1. Can’t get too much better than that. These would be cute for your kids or grandkids to bring to their classrooms for Easter Treats to share with their friends.
The cute little bunnies on the packaging started my creative wheels turning. Then I chose the color palette to match. This one is quick and easy to put together. But, it is also easy for the kiddos to get the treat without damaging the treat holder. In that way, Mom could use the bits from the treat holder to embellishment a scrapbook page to commemorate the event.
I’ve got so many people asking for the directions for this one. Here’s how the magic happens.
- Easter Treat Holder – Daffodil Delight CS – 4″ x 11″, score on the 4″ side @ 1/2″, 1 3/4″, 2 1/4″, and 3 1/2″
- Punch two 1″ circles from a post it note. Place the circle on the treat holder, 1 3/4″ from each end. Punch the little window in the treat holder.
- Accent Scallop Rings – Highland Heather CS – 4″ x 2″, punch two 1″ circles, then hover over the previously punched hole with the 1 3/8″ scallop circle and punch. You will have the two rings you need to accent the holes on the treat holder.
- Heart Border Accent – Highland Heather CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, back the CS with multipurpose adhesive sheet. Cut the image out with the Dei from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. Keep all the little hearts that fall out to decorate your Easter Treat Holder.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment from Best Bunny in Gorgeous Grape, punch out the image with the Tailored Tag punch. Punch one Tailored Tag from Gorgeous Grape, cut it in half lengthwise. Glue each section to the sentiment, forming a frame, top/bottom.
- Small Flowers – Daffodil Delight CS – Scrap – punch two small flowers with the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack.
- Small Leaves – Pear Pizzazz CS – Scrap – punch four leaves with the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack.
- Apply Wink of Stella to the hearts you will be using to decorate your treat holder.
- Bow – Flirty Flamingo from the All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack – about 8″
Last, but certainly not least, is my WOW Easter Treat. I wanted the kiddos to have an opportunity to learn something about nature and growing something. That’s when I found the sweet little carrot chocolates at my local Dollar Tree. You can also find these at Dollar General and Target.
OMG, is this not the cutest little planter EVER? And I think the packet of Carrot seeds are the perfect little backdrop.
Are you just dying to get busy creating this? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Planter Box – Mango Melody CS – 6 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ – Score on one side @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 4″ and 5 1/4″, turn 90 degrees and score @ 1 1/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Planter Box Insert – Mango Melody CS – 3″ x 4″, on the 3″ side score @ 3/4″ and 2 1/4″
- Punch three post it notes with the 1″ circle. Place the circles on the center panel of the insert. This will become the holes that your chocolate carrots will sit it. Punch the circles with the 1″ circle punch.
- Bunny and Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 3″ – stamp the bunny from the Best Bunny set in Memento Tuxedo Black, punch with the 1 1/4″ circle punch. Stamp the greeting from Fable Friends in Memento Black, die cut with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Scallop Circle – Mango Melody CS – punch one 1 3/8″ scallop circle from a scrap\
- DSP Mats – Gingham Gala DSP – two @ 1″ x 1 1/4″ and two @ 3 3/4″ x 1″.
- Pearls – color two large pearls with the Dark Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blend.
Below you will find all the supplies I’ve used in all the Easter Treats. I would very much appreciate your business.
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
What’s a Happy, you ask? I have a friend that coined that phrase. It’s a little treat holder you create, to share a little something sweet, with friends and family. This time our theme is Easter, and the Wood Crate Framelits to the rescue! For this happy, I turned the little crate into an Easter basket.
When using this die, you’ll need two images. One of the best parts, the die also scores the card stock. I wanted to step it up a notch and ran the images through the Big Shot with the Basket Weave 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It really gave it an Easter basket look and feel.
To finish off the basket, I needed a handle. So, I just cut a piece of Crumb Cake card stock 9″ x 1/2″. Because I wanted to dress it up a bit, I also added a strip of the Gingham Gala DSP.
Don’t you just love the little squirrel holding the sunflower? It reminds me of my backyard. We have very large oak trees and a whole bunch of squirrels. Every Spring, I plant giant sunflowers and they climb the stalks to get to the sunflower seeds. It’s all good, I plant so many, I still have my share to bring inside to enjoy.
I would love to show you how quick and easy this little happy is to create. How about a FREE video tutorial?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Crate – Crumb Cake CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, cut two images using the Wood Crate Die. Run through the Big Shot with the Basket Weave folder.
- Handle – Crumb Cake CS – 9″ x 1/2″ and Gingham Gala DSP – 6″ x 3/8″
- Banner – Gingham Gala DSP – 2″ x 3″, stamp sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black, punch the image with the Duet Banner Punch.
- Scallop Circle – Pineapple Punch CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut the image with the Layering Circle Framelits.
- Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the squirrel in Memento Tuxedo Black, color the image with watercolor pencils as follows: Sunflower – Daffodil Delight; Sunflower Center – Early Espresso Leaf – Granny Apple Green; Squirrel – Early Espresso; Hat/Jacket – Pacific Point; Jacket Trim – Calypso Coral. Cut out the image with the Layering Circle Framelits.
- Flowers – scraps of Pineapple Punch and Granny Apple Green CS – using the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, punch two flowers from Pineapple Punch and from Granny Apple Green punch two center and four leaves.
Ready to whip out some of these super cute happies? I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Use my February 2019 Host Code, JQ2439N9, place a $50 order (before tax and shipping) and I’ll send you a FREE package of Basic Rhinestones. A little thank you from me to you.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!