Welcome! It’s almost Easter, can you believe it? I know we are all going through a tough time right now. But today, I’ve got a fabulous WOW Team Easter Card Swap to share with you. Some of my team members were able to participate and I’ve got all the scoop on their cards. Hope this beautiful eye candy cheers you up. First up, we have Nancy Sanders. You can find Nancy’s site here.
Nancy chose the Easter Promise set for her fabulous fancy fold. Because she included the gorgeous Peaceful Poppies DSP, she was able to create a lovely springtime color palette. And of course you want to see the inside, right?
How beautiful is that? Nancy has definately inspired me to try this fold. Next up, we have team member Lisa Lepine. You can find Lisa’s website here.
Lisa chose not only the Beautifully Braided bundle, but also tied in the sentiment from the Easter Promise set as well. I love the idea of stamping that big bold flower as the focal image. Lisa then stamped it again to fussy cut some of the blooms. By doing so, she was able to add lots of dimension to her WOW Team Easter Card Swap entry.
She finished things off with the pretty image from the Braided Border Punch. Lightly inking the cross was a brilliant little detail. The next card in our Easter card swap is mine. I’ve already blogged this card and featured it on my YouTube Channel. Here’s a photo and link to the blogpost in case you missed it.
Last, but certainly not least, we have the super stinkin’ cute card by Dawn Galland. Dawn featured the Fable Friends set from the annual catalog.
As soon as I saw that background techique, I knew I wanted Dawn to teach me how to achieve all that texture. It’s quite easy and I’ll show you how in the video tutorial below.
Because the Fable Friends set has so many little critters, it’s super easy to finish off the inside of the card as well. I know you’re anxious to see that background in action. Here you go.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Calypso Coral CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Sentiment – Calypso Coral CS – 3/4″ x 2″
- Bunny – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″
- Envelope – Whisper White
Fable Friends – WOW Easter Card Swap
Card designed by Dawn Galland
Hope you enjoyed the WOW Easter card swap. I sure did. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Today, I’ll be sharing three, quick and easy sweet Easter treats 2020 projects. This is a great time to get the kids involved in creativity. The lesson plan could include organizing, stamping, math (ruler skills), and just plain fun.
Ok, are these stinkin’ cute or what? Because I used such happy colors and mix of little Easter themed characters, these are great for all ages Let’s take a closer look at the first of my three Easter treats, the matchbook.
Because this Easter treat calls for minimal supplies, it’s a quick, easy and economical one to mass produce. I’ve used the Full of Happiness stamp set on this one. The set has DisINKtive technology, that’s why you see so much highlighting on the little chick.
Here’s how the magic happens – Matchbook Treat Holder
- Matchbook – Purple Posy CS – 2″ x 7″, score on the 7″ side at 1 1/4″, 1 3/4″, 4 1/2″ and 5″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, stamp the chick in Daffodil Delight. Color the image with Wink of Stella. Stamp the eyes in Memento Black and the beak in Pumpkin Pie. Stamp the egg in Gorgeous Grape. Scatter stamp the dots in Daffodil Delight.
- DSP Mats – Best Dressed Designer Series Paper – one @ 1 3/4″ x 1 3/4″ and one @ 1 3/4″ x 1″
Next, up we have this super cute bunny from the Welcome Easter set. He’s the star of the show on the 2nd of our Easter treats. By adding just a few more elements, I’ve stepped this one up just a tad. But, I think it would be a great one for the kiddos. Cut a batch of the stitched circles, give them the cute bunny stamp, and watch the creativity bloom.
Here’s how the magic happens – Welcome Easter Treat 2020
- Holder – **NOTE – there is a little error on the video, but these are the correct measurements. Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 12″, score on the 12″ side at 5 3/4″ and 6 1/4″. Round the corners with the Detailed Trio punch.
- Designer Series Paper Mat – Bird Ballad DSP – 2 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Round the top corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Scallop Circle – Daffodil Delight CS – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the 3″ scallop circle die from the Layering Circles set.
- Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the second to largest stitched circle from the Stitched Shapes set. Stamp the bunny and flowers in Basic Gray and color with Stampin’ Blends. Watercolor wash a grassy mound with Old Olive.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – Bermuda Bay CS – 2 1/2″ 3/4″ and Whisper White CS – 3″ x 1″. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray and fussy cut.
- Scallop Trim – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 6″, cut with the die from Be Mine Stitched.
- Ribbon Bermuda Bay Striped – 12″
By using two of the die cuts from the Dino Dies set, I was able to construct this sweet Easter egg crate treat. Be sure to always check out the samples in Stampin’ Up! catalogs to get great inspiration. That’s where the little sign, on this project, came from.
Here’s how the magic happens – Easter Egg Create Treat
- Box – Whisper White CS – 7 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, on the 7 1/2″ side score at 1″, 2 3/4″, 4 1/4″ and 6″. Turn, and on ethe 2 3/4″ side, score @ 1 1/2″.
- Egg Crate Holder – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, score on all four sides at 1/2″.
- Trim both pieces for this Easter treat holder as shown in today’s free video tutorial below.
- Grass – Granny Apple Green CS – 3 1/2″ x 2″, cut two with the die from Wiggly Bugs.
- Sign – Sahara Sand CS – 4″ x 2″, stamp in Sahara Sand with the Birch background stamp. Stamp the senitment in Early Espresso. Dissect the pieces for the sign as shown on the photo.
- Eggs – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, stamp two eggs in Balmy Blue, cut with the die from Dino Days.
Here’s my FREE video tutorial so that you can create lots of these Easter treats 2020.
Easter Treats 2020 Product List
Thanks for hopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ever create a card that just plain made you happy? That’s what this one did for me. Doesn’t it look like the little chick, from the Full of Happiness stamp set, is sitting in a field of wild flowers? That stamp set is super cute and very affordable. The bridge fold was perfect to show off that sweet little chick.
Have you ever used a DisINKtive stamp? The Full of Happiness set is a DisINKtive photopolymer set. Not sure what all that means? Stampin’ Up! has a patent pending new stamp style called DisINKtive. Because the technology is built into the stamp you get highlights and low lights in one stamping motion. That’s why the little chick has some light and dark looking feathers. Isn’t that cute?
By using the gorgeous Pressed Petals Specialty DSP, I thought I could get the little chick to look like he/she was sitting in a field of wild flowers. What do you think?
Did you know that the egg die from the Dino Dies set will cut this image? I think you might want to scoop those up. I’ve got another project in the works. And those sweet little mushrooms and patch of grass, those are die cuts from the Wiggly Bugs set. Another super cute die set for kid cards and treats.
The bridge fold even has an area on the back to add a panel for a sentiment and message. Did I mention the bridge fold lies flat for easy mailing. Take a peek at my video tutorial, I’ll bet you’ll be creating one of your own in no time at all.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 8″ x 4 1/4″, scored @1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″
- Bridge – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/2″ x 1 3/4″
- Embossed Mat on Bridge – Crumb Cake CS – 1 1/2″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder.
- Mats – Crumb Cake CS – four @ 1″ x 4″ and two @ 2 3/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Pressed Petals DSP – four @ 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Egg – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 4″, cut with the die from Dino Dies.
- Chick – Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Mushrooms – Very Vanilla CS and Soft Suede CS – one each 1″ x 3″, cut with the dies from Wiggly Bugs.
- Back Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Grass – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 1″ x 4″, cut with the die from Wiggly Bugs.
Full of Happiness Easter Bridge Fold Product List
Hope you enjoyed this one, would love to hear your thoughts. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
If I had to pick a style, it would have to be vintage. This gorgeous Easter vintage fancy fold is a card I’m pretty proud of. I love all the elements and the colors. Because one of my WOW Club Members asked for Easter cards for her club night, I created today’s card.
Before we get into this card, I would love to award a prize from my last blog post. Congratulations, Jackie Heikes. Jackie won one of my Lenten Service Projects. Jackie, be sure to contact me here so that I can get your prize in the mail.
Now, let’s really get into this Easter vintage fancy fold. By adding the detailed cross to the center of the gorgeous Heirloom Frame, I was able to add lots of lovely elements.
Because I chose the Pressed Petals Specialty DSP, I was able to incorporate lots of rich colors. My color palette is Very Vanilla, Merry Merlot, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Mossy Meadow.
After cutting and embossing the beautiful Heirloom Frame, I lightly inked it in Crumb Cake. Then it was all about embellishing. I love piecing together designs. This lovely Easter vintage fancy fold is no exception.
One of my favorite things to do is create my own flowers. I call these my scruncy flower. Why? By spritzing them with Champagner Shimmer Mist, crumbling them and allowing them to dry, you can create flowers with lots of texture and interest. Psst…. Don’t miss out on that Small Bloom punch. It’s free during Sale-a-Bration.
By opening the first flap of the card, you will unveil the first of two sentiments. Don’t forget too, you can stamp on designer series paper. I just love that.
Open the final flap and you’ve got your second sentiment and lots of room to write your note to someone very special. Be sure to check out my video tutorial to see how easy this Easter vintage fancy fold can be.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vailla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Flap – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 5″ x 4 1/2″, score on the 4 1/2″ side at 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 3 7/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Mats – Merry Merlot CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – 3 11/16″ x 4 15/16″
- Embossed Frame – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the Heirloom Frames die and embossed with the Heirloom Frames 3D embossing folder.
- Cross – Soft Suede CS and Crumb Cake CS – cut one in each color @ 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, using the dies from Cross of Hope set.
- Flowers – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – punch 15 images with the Small Bloom Punch.
- Sprigs – Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, cut three with the die from Frosted Bouquet.
- Stamped Images – Very Vanilla CS – 6 1/2″ x 3 1/2″
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, punch all corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.
- Champagne Rhinestones – 5 small and 1 large
Easter Vintage Fancy Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Can you believe it? We are preparing for Easter 2020 already. My Lenten Service Project is a great way to get in the spirit of the season. I’m going to gift one of these to my grandchildren, Trent and Elisabeth. Each day I’ll check in with them so we can share our experiences.
To cut the words for my Lenten Service Project, I used the Handwritten Prose Dies. Don’t you just love that font? Believe it or not, it only took two passes through the die cutting machine to get all the letters needed.
Because the gorgeous Lily Impressions DSP has such lovely colors, it was easy to choose a color palette. I know we no longer have a Purple Posy stamp pad, but here’s a tip. By stamping second generation, Highland Heather, I was able to acheive a Purple Posy hue. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
And WOW, did you know that you can earn the sweet little Small Blooms Punch for free? Yep, it’s still Sale-a-Bration 2020 and the punch is available. I think it’s a must-have. Don’t wait, Sale-a-Bration ends March 31st.
Whatever you do, don’t forget about our Annual Catalog. There are loads of goodies in there, including the Butterfly Duet Punch and the Tropical Dies. Not to mention, one of my all time favorites, the linen thread.
The lovely stamped images are from the Positive Thoughts stamp set. And WOW, Stampin’ Up! added a die set, Nature’s Thoughts to coordinate. Pick up both and you are on your way to earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item.
A great way to stretch your supplies is to alter them. That’s easy with our Stampin’ Blends. I’ve colored the metallic edge ribbon, on the cross, with the Dark Purple Posy Blend. Are you ready to create on of these for your family? Here’s my FREE video tutorial to show you how quickly you can create one.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Would you like to win one of these? Leave a comment on this blog post by Wednesday, 3/4, 9am (CST) and I will put your name on the wheel. I’ll announce the winner Thursday, 3/5.
- Click this link to print your service project items. Lenten Service Project PDF
- Base – Purple Posy CS – 12″ x 12″, score at 4″ and 4 1/4″, rotate 90 degrees and score at 4″ and 8″ just to the 1st score line.
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 11″ x 4″
- DSP Mats – Lily Impressions DSP – one @ 10 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ and three @ 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Ovals – Purple Posy CS – 4″ x 9 1/2″, cut three ovals using the largest oval from the Layering Ovals die set.
- Scallop Stitched Rectangle – Purple Posy CS – 4″ x 3″, cut with the scond to largest die from the Stitched So Sweetly set.
- Detailed Bands – Gorgeous Grape CS – three @3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Detailed Bands set.
- Letters – Gorgeous Grape CS – 3 3/4″ x 8 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Handwritten Prose set.
- Cross – Purple Posy CS and Gorgeous Grape CS – one each @ 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Cross of Hope set.
- Leaves and Ferns – Garden Green CS – 2 3/4″ x 6 1/2″, punch 3 leaf sets with the leaf punch and cut two ferns with the die from the Tropical set.
- Stamped Butterfly – Purple Posy CS – 2″ x 2″, stamp the butterfly from Positive Thoughts in Gorgeous Grape, cut with the die from Nature’s Thoughts.
- Flowers & Butterflies – Lily Impressions DSP – 3″ x 7 1/2″, puch nine flowers using the Small Bloom punch and punch two sets of butterflies using the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Basic Rhinestones – three large and six small
- Metallic Edge Ribbon – Whisper White/Silver – 3″
- Bird Ballad Trinkets – one bow and one leaf
- Linen Thread – about 28″
Lenten Service Project Product List
Hope you join in this service, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! So glad you stopped by. Hope you are looking forward to the Easter weekend. I’ve got a sweet Easter gift bag and card for you. These feature the Hold on to Hope stamp set and Cross of Hope dies. Both projects are pretty quick and easy. But, let’s start things off with the card.
Little supplies are needed for this Easter card; mainly stamp, ink and paper. I did use the Tin Tile Embossing Folder to give the card a little texture. I’m so happy that this set and the coordinating dies will carry over to our new Annual Catalog.
My color combination for both the Easter gift bag and card is Whisper White, Soft Sea Foam, Merry Merlot and Soft Suede. The softer tones definitely remind me of Spring.
I used a masking technique to be sure the cross came forward with the sunburst in the background. Not sure how to do that? No worries, I’ve got a video tutorial for you.
Next up, we have the coordinating Easter gift bag. Be sure to add your design to the bag with dimensionals. In that way, you can clip the dimensionals away and salvage the creation for an Easter scrapbook page. I love it when a project can serve double duty!
Stamping the edge of the large Soft Sea Foam mat really brought my Easter gift bag to life. The image comes form the Beautiful Promenade set. That one is currently offered in a bundle format. It will carry over to the new catalog, but if you wait, you’ll loose the 10% discount. So, if this one is on your list be sure to order it soon.
I just love that Stampin’ Up! offers so many lovely dies to dress things up. The two die cuts on the focal image are from the Flourish set. That is one of my favorites and lucky me, it’s going to carry over.
The gorgeous die cut at the top of the mat is from the Delicate Lace set. And hooray again, this one will be an offering in the new catty. This time I spritz it with our Champagne Shimmer Mist to give it a little sparkle.
Using my paper piercer, I even decided to give the scallop oval even more texture by piercing each of the scallops. I just think that adds so much. What to create an Easter gift bag? I’ve got a video tutorial for you. Enjoy.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Easter Card
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Stamped Image – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamp the images as follows:
- Grassy Mound – Stamp the image from the Waterfront set in Soft Sea Foam.
- Cross – Stamp the image from Hold on to Hope, second generation, in Soft Suede.
- Mast – Stamp the Cross image on a sticky note in Soft Suede. Fussy cut the mask.
- Apply the mask to the cross image.
- Sunburst – Stamp the sunburst image from the Bouquet Blooms set in So Saffron.
- Remove the mask.
- Sentiment – Stamp the sentiment from Hold on to Hope, over the cross in Merry Merlot.
- Easter Gift Bag
- Mats – Soft Suede CS – 6 3/4″ x 8 1/2″ and Soft Sea Foam CS – 6 1/2″ x 8 1/4″. Stamp the image from the Beautiful Promenade set around the perimeter of the Soft Sea Foam mat in Soft Sea Foam ink.
- Top Flourish Die Cut – Merry Merlot CS – 6″ x 2″, cut with the die from Delicate Lace. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist. Allow to dry.
- Focal Mats – Soft Suede CS- 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile Embossing Folder.
- Title – Soft Suede CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and Merry Merlot CS – 2″ x 5″, both cut with the Rectangle Stitched dies.
- Banner – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″, stamped in Soft Suede with the stamp from Hold on to Hope. Cut with the die from Cross of Hope.
- Flourishes – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ – stamp the images form Hold on to Hope in Soft Sea Foam and cut with the die from Cross of Hope.
- Scallop Ovals – Merry Merlot CS – 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut the large and small ovals from the Layering Ovals dies.
- Crosses – Soft Sea Foam CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Soft Suede CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut the images with the dies from Cross of Hope.
- Focal Image Side Die Cuts – Merry Merlot CS – two @ 1″ x 6″, cut with the die from the Flourish set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamp in Soft Suede with the stamp from Fable Friends. Die cut with the die from Layering Ovals.
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might need.
Hope you stop by again soon, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!