Very excited to share today’s project, a sweet nature inspired wallhanging. I designed this nature inspired piece with a special club member in mind. Peggy loves anything inspirational and asked for a project that highlighted our beautiful Bermuda Bay.
One of the best parts of this one, is that you could also create 3 cards instead of the wallhanging. Just adjust the size of the Bermuda Bay mat to 4″ x 5 1/4″. By doing that, you could use a standard card base, 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″. That’s two projects in one design. Can’t get any better than that, right? Let’s get down to the details.
The base of each of the panels is our gorgeous Bermuda Bay cardstock, embossed with the Layering Leaves embossing folder. I also made sure to lightly ink the edges and embossed areas in Bermuda Bay ink. That really made it pop. The nature inspired color combination is Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sea Foam, Mango Melody and Garden Green.
The beautiful flower is two images punched form Garden Impressions DSP, with our new Four-petal flower punch. All the “pretties” were cut from Garden Green and Rich Razzleberry, using the dies from Sweet Cake, Foliage Frames and Flourish sets. The star of the show, that gorgeous butterfly, was cut from Whisper White cardstock and inked with Soft Sea Foam and Rich Razzleberry. The image was cut using the die from Springtime Impressions.
The second panel is truly nature inspired, it’s all about the leaves. The different shapes and color hues set off that lovely sentiment from the High Tide stamp set. Did you notice the leaves in the large center element are also embossed. Lucky us, that is done with the die from Foliage Frames. Not only does it cut the shape, but it embosses as well.
Those luscious Mango Melody leaves were cut using the die from Seasonal Layers. Our leaf punch was used to cut the smaller Garden Green set of leaves. Do’t you just love punches? I know it makes multiples super easy. Be sure to stock up your stash with these great tools.
Who knew that Rich Razzleberry and Mango Melody would look so fabulous together. I just love how this dragonfly turned out. You can’t get more nature inspired than dragonflies and butterflies.
The center panels for each of the main panels were stamped using the corresponding color with stamps from the new Gallery Grunge set. I love the textures those stamps create. The sentiment on this panel is from the Ribbon of Courage set.
Would you like to create this nature inspired wallhanging for your very own? Here’s a quick how-to video. Grab your supplies and create along with me.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Nature Inspired Panel Bases – Bermuda Bay CS – cut six at 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – on three of the panels, cut the opening for the insert panel as follows: With the paper trimmer and the 4 1/4″ side at the top, line up the right edge on the trimmer on the 1″ mark to the far right of the trimmer. Cut down from 1″ to 4 1/2″, turn and cut to 3 1/4″, turn and cut to 4 1/2″, turn and cut to 3 1/4″. Once cut, run these three panels through the Big Shot with the Layering Leaves embossing folder.
- Inset Panels – Soft Sea Foam CS – cut two at 3″ x 4″ and Rich Razzleberry CS – cut one at 3″ x 4″
- Panel #1 Elements – Butterfly, Whisper White CS 4 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from Springtime Impressions. Accent Piece, Rich Razzleberry CS 1″ x 5 1/2″, back with adhesive sheets before cutting with the die from the Flourish set. Flower, Garden Impressions DSP, punch two images using the 4-petal flower punch. Flower center, Rich Razzleberry CS, use a scrap, cut the image with the die from the Flourish set. Leaves and sprigs, Garden Green CS, 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut the images with the die from Sweet Cake; Garden Green CS, 2″ x 2″, cut the images with the die from Foliage Frames; Rich Razzleberry CS, 1″ x 2 1/2″, cut the images with the die from Flourish set.
- Panel #2 Elements – Focal Image, Soft Sea Foam CS, 4 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut the image with the die from Foliage Frames. Small Leaves, Garden Green CS, use a scrap, punch two sets of leaves with the leaf punch. Large Leaves, Mango Melody CS, two @ 2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Panel #3 Elements – Flower Cluster, Mango Melody CS 2 3/4″ x 2″, cut with the die from Petals and More. Dragonfly, Rich Razzleberry CS, 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, back with adhesive sheet before cutting with the die from Detailed Dragonfly. Mango Melody CS 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from Detailed Dragonfly.
Stamping and Inking Details:
- Front Panels – Ink the edges and raised images of the three embossed panels in Bermuda Bay.
- Inset panel #1 – Using the stamp from Gallery Grunge, stamp the spotted image in Soft Sea Foam. Stamp the sentiment from Waterfront in Rich Razzleberry ink.
- Butterfly – Ink the center of the wings in Soft Sea Foam. Ink the edges and body center in Rich Razzleberry.
- Ink the Mango Melody DSP flowers in Mango Melody ink.
- Inset panel #2 – Using the stamp from Gallery Grunge, stamp the woodgrain image in Rich Razzleberry. Stamp the sentiment from High Tide in Rich Razzleberry. On the Garden Green leaves, stamp the spotted image from Gallery Grunge in Garden Green. Ink the edges of the leaves in Garden Green.
- Inset Panel #3 – Using the stamp from Gallery Grunge, stamp the spotted image in Soft Sea Foam. Stamp the sentiment from Ribbon of Courage. Highlight the Rich Razzleberry Dragonfly with Clar Wink of Stella pen.
- Panel #1 – Gold Faceted Gem – one small
- Panel #2 – Pearlized Doily – one
- Panel #3 – Basic Jewels Clear Rhinestones – one large and three medium and Gold Mini Sequin Trim, about 4 1/2″
- Ribbon hanger and panel connectors – 1/4″ Rich Razzleberry Velvet Ribbon, one @ 8″ and four @ 2″
To construct each panel, refer to the video tutorial for all the details. If you need some supplies to complete the project, I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Remember you can always earn WOW Loyalty Points on your orders.
Thank you so much for visiting today. I am happy to help if you have any questions.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for a new sampler and the Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Specialty DSP was my inspiration. This gorgeous paper can be found on page189 in our new Annual Catalog. This paper stack is perfect for all crafters, both card makers and scrapbookers.
The Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut papers are Whisper White on one side and Very Vanilla on the other. To create my sampler design, I wanted to custom color the lovely paper. I mixed 10 drops of Granny Apple Green ink refill with alcohol in one spritzer and 10 drops of Coastal Cabana in the other. I laid the Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut paper over a sheet of 12″x12″ Very Vanilla CS and randomly spritzed with both colors. In that way, I achieved two pieces of custom colored paper, the positive and negative.
Is that not gorgeous? I love the subtle colors. My plan is to cut this sheet into card fronts and create a gift set of thank you cards. More coming on that soon. But for now, back to our sampler. I knew I wanted it to be nature inspired to go along with the floral pattern in the Delightfully Detailed paper.
I started the first block in the sampler with the Serene Garden Bundle. I just love that corner image and it’s so easy to stamp in just the perfect location with our new Stamparatus! The sweet little sentiment is from the Abstract Impressions stamp set. That’s fast becoming another favorite.
The gorgeous dove is also from Serene Garden. The embossed mat was created with the Lovely Floral 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. In the next block, I knew I wanted to use the Stitched Labels Framelits. I cut the largest label in the set in Coastal Cabana and it really made the stitching pop.
That sweet little rose was created by punching one 1 3/8″ scallop circle. I cut the image into a spiral and rolled it with my tweezers. But hang on, I almost forgot to tell you. The color combination for this sampler is Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, and Night of Navy. Love it!!!!
One of the things I love about Stampin’ Up! products is that you can combine the stamps and dies from various sets to create gorgeous projects.
You can’t have a nature inspired art piece without a butterfly. The new Springtime Impressions Thinlits and Petal Pair embossing folder made creating this sampler block easy. I used my sponge daubes to do all the inking and color blending.
Are you just dying to create one of these? Come on into my studio and I’ll teach you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base: Whisper White CS – 12” x 12”
- Base Overlay: Detailed 12” x 12” – Fill 2 spritzers one filled with 10 drops of Granny Apple Green ink refill and the other with 10 drops of Coastal Cabana ink refill and alcohol. Place the overlay on top of a piece of 12×12 Very Vanilla CS. Spritz with the two colors, carefully lift the overlay and let the two pieces dry.
- Mat: Night of Navy CS – 8” x 8”
- Block #1 – Mat – Granny Apple Green – 5” x 2 ½”
Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 ¾” x 2 ¼” – With the stamp from Serene Garden, stamp the image in Night of Navy, using the Stamparatus. Apply one drop of Granny Apple Green Ink refill on an acrylic block and color leaves with a Blender Pen. Ink edges and roll color onto the image with Coastal Cabana ink and a sponge.
Flowers – Coastal Cabana CS – 1” x 4 ¼” – With the stamp from Serene Garden, stamp the image in Coastal Cabana, die cut with the coordinating die from Garden Scene Framelits. Ink the edges in Coastal Cabana. Apply clear wink of stella to the surface of the flowers.
Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 ¼”x 4 ¼” – With the stamp from Abstract Impressions, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy, cut with the die from Petals & More Thinlits.
Ribbon – 5/8” Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle – two 5” pieces
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the flowers to the mat. Adhere a piece of tear and tape to the back of the sentiment to adhere the two strips of ribbon. Pop the unit to the mat.
- Block #2 – Mat – Granny Apple Green – 5” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 ¾” x 2 ¼” – emboss with the Layered Leaves embossing folder, lightly ink the edges and embossed surface in Granny Apple Green.
Focal – Stitched Label – Coastal Cabana CS 3 ¾” x 3”, cut with the die from the Stitched Labels Framelits set.
Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 ½” x 3 ½”, cut with the oval from Layering Ovals. Using the stamp from Abstract Impressions, stamp the image in Night of Navy ink.
Rose – Punch one 1 3/8” scallop circle from Coastal Cabana CS, cut into a spiral and roll with a tweezer, forming the rose, glue at the bottom and adhere a rhinestone to the center.
Flower Cluster (under Rose) – Granny Apple Green – 1 ½” x 1 ½” – cut with the die from Bouquet Bundh Framelits.
Leaf Sprigs – Granny Apple Green CS – 1 ¼” x 8 ½”, cut three sprigs from the die in the Bouquet Bunch Framelits set.
Bow – Linen Thread – create a four-loop bow with the Susan Bow Maker.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the sentiment to the label. Adhere the leaf sprigs to the back of the label and pop the unit to the mat. Wet glue the small flower cluster to the bottom of the sentiment. Glue dot the bow to the cluster. Wet glue the rose to the center of the bow.
- Block #3 – Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, embossed with the Lovely Floral TEIF
Bird – Whisper White CS – 3” x 3”, stamp the image from Serene Garden in Night of Navy. Color with Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana Stampin’ Write Markers. Cut with the coordinating die from Garden Scene Framelits. Apply clear wink of stella to the green section of the wings.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the bird to the mat.
- Block #4 – Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, Using the stamps from Love What you Do, stamp off the watercolor wash stamp from the Love What You Do stamp set in Coastal Cabana. Stamp the flowers in Night of Navy. Stamp the color wash over the flower heads in Coastal Cabana
Linen Thread – 6”
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Glue dot the bow to the stems of the flowers.
- Block #5 – Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 ¼” x 2 ¼”, embossed with the Quilt Top embossing folder
Starburst – punch one from Sparkle Glimmer Paper with the Starburst punch.
Sentiment – punch one 1 ¾” circle from Coastal Cabana CS. Whisper White CS – 2 ½” x 2 ½”, stamp the sentiment from the Stitched All Around set in Night of Navy, die cut with the coordinating die.
Leaves – Granny Apple Green CS – 2” x 4 ¼” – emboss the leaves from the Nature’s Roots Framelits, cut the leaves with the matching dies in the same set. Ink the edges of the leaves in Granny Apple Green.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Wet glue the leaves to the back of the starburst. Wet glue the Coastal Cabana circle to the back of the sentiment. Pop the sentiment to the starburst. Glue the element to the mat.
- Block #6 – Mat – Granny Apple Green – 5” x 2 ½”
Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 4 ¾” x 2 ¼” – emboss with the Petal Pair embossing folder. Ink the flowers in Coastal Cabana and the leaves in Granny Apple Green. Ink the edges on Granny Apple Green.
Butterfly – Whisper White CS – 4 ¼” x 3” – cut the butterfly using the die from Springtime Impressions Thinlits. Ink the body and edges in Night of Navy and the center of the wings in Granny Apple Green.
Block Assembly: Wet glue the mats together. Pop the butterfly to the center of the mat.
I would love you earn your business. All the products used in this project can be found in my online store. By supporting my business, I can bring you even more projects like this one in the future. Thank you so much.
Thank you so much for stopping by today. Hope you enjoyed the project, your comments are always welcome.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for some Summer decor, let’s create a banner together. This sweet Summer banner would be great in your creative space, or over a mantle or doorway. Don’t the bright cheery colors make you smile? It’s really a shame that the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper sold out before I got a chance to showcase this project here. But, I also know we have some paper collectors and I’m sure there are quite a few of you that have these or similar papers in your stash.
I used our beautiful Daffodil Delight to create the base of each of the six banner bases. So you’ll need three sheets, cut a 5 1/2″ x 8″. All of the mats were embossed with either the Fluttering, Quilt Top or Softly Falling TEIF. That gave them just the right amount of texture and interest.
To highlight the letters, cut with the word “Summer” with the Large Letter Framelits, I cut one square of Calypso Coral and one of the DSP before topping it with a scallop circle. The gorgeous flourish from Falling Flowers was stamped in Daffodil Delight on each scallop circle. Then they were inked in Calypso Coral.
I wanted to capture the things that were meaningful to me during the Summer season, flowers, nature, birds, bees, and butterflies. My veggie and flower gardens are filled with all of them. We have a bird bath and feeder and have attracted blue jays, hummingbirds, cardinals, and sparrows to name a few. It’s fun sitting on the patio in the afternoon watching them grab a snack or take a little dip to clean their feathers.
Just keep in mind that you can substitute any of the gorgeous Stampin’ Up! papers, that is, if you didn’t hoard, I mean stash, those Delightful Daisy sheets.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Banners – Daffodil Delight CS – six @ 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Accent on Top of Banner – DSP – six @ 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – six @ 5″ x 5″
- Focal Mat – Calypso Coral CS – six @ 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and DSP six @ 3″ x 3″
- Letters – Night of Navy CS – 3″ x 10″, cut the letters with the Large Letter Framelits and highlight with the Clear Wink of Stella
- Scallop Circles – Whisper White CS – six @ 3″ x 3″, cut with the Layering Circle Framelits, stamp the flourish from May Flowers in Daffodil Delight to each and ink the edges in Calypso Coral.
- Banner #1 – “S” – Punch three sets of leaves from Vellum CS. In Old Olive ink stamp the flourish from Timeless Textures on each. Be sure to let them dry before adhering.
- Banner #2 – “U” – From the Delightful Daisy DSP, cut one solid butterfly with the small die from Butterflies Thinlits and one intricate small butterfly from the Bold Butterfly Framelits. Pop them together and add three small rhinestones to the center, forming the body.
- Banner #3 – “M” – Punch two sets of leaves from the DSP. Punch four flower images using the Pansy Punch. Spritz the images with alcohol and crumble to form interest and texture. Open up the images, let dry and then stack together with dimensionals. Adhere a large Metal Rimmed Pearl to the center.
- Banner #4 – “M” – Bee – Night of Navy CS – 2″ x 3″ – cut with the die from Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits. Punch two 1/2″ circles from Daffodil Delight. Adhere the circles to the back of the bee. Leaves – Old Olive CS – 4 1/4″ x 3″ – cut with the die from Petals & More. Trim into two pieces and attach.
- Banner #5 – “E” – Flowers – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Petals and More. Bird – On a scrap of Whisper White CS stamp the bird from Petal Palette set in Night of Navy, cut with coordinating die and color with the Calypso Coral Stampin’ Write Marker. Highlight the colored areas with the Clear Wink of Stella.
- Banner #6 – “R” – Punch two sets of leaves from the DSP. Punch three daisy images from the DSP using the Daisy punch. Stack the images with dimensionals and adhere a large clear Faceted Gem to the center.
Summer Banner Assembly
- Adhere the decorative strip to the top of each Daffodil Delight Banner. Tick mark the bottom of each of the banners at 2 3/4″. From the tick mark, measure up to the center 1 1/2″. Connect the tick at 1 1/2″ to each bottom edge of the banner forming the dovetail. Cut each.
- Adhere each embossed Whisper White mat with wet glue.
- Adhere the 3″ x 3″ piece of DSP to each of the 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ piece of Calypso Coral CS with wet glue.
- Apply adhesive strips to all the letters.
- Pop the scallop to the DSP. Adhere the letter.
- Adhere all the accent pieces as outlined above.
- Using s 1/4″ handheld punch, punch holes in the upper left and right of each banner. String with 1 46″ piece of 1/4″ Double Stitched Daffodil Delight Ribbon.
Need some supplies to complete your banner? I would love to earn your business. Please shop my online store and earn some WOW Customer Loyalty Points.
Thank you so much for joining me. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!