Handmade gifts are the best! Today, I’ll teach you how to create my Vintage Holiday Wallhanging. I’ll bet you have a couple of people on your list that would really enjoy and cherish this special gift.
The backdrop for each panel was created with the Peaceful Place DSP. Oh my gosh, that paper is beautiful. It’s a specialty DSP with lots of silver foiling.
Even if you don’t want to create the Vintage Holiday Wallhanging, you could use each panel for a 6″ x 6″ card. Just score a piece of 12″ x 6″ Basic White @ 6″ and mount the panel. Voila, instant Christmas card.
Because I used both the Christmas Season and Christmas to Remember bundles in my design, I was able to add beautiful sentiments and lots of leafy embellishments.
To create the “Merry Christmas” I cut three sets of the words using the Word Wishes dies. Just stack up the die cuts for a more substantial look. And I know you must have figured out by now, the Poinsettia dies make the most beautiful flowers. This time I’ve cut the pieces from Snowy White Velvet Paper.
Just that little pop of red makes this piece so vintage in my opinion. Can’t wait to share all the tips and tricks in my video tutorial. In today’s video, I’ll also highlight the Riverbend Nursing Home project. A big thanks to all that donated monetarily to the cause. Here is a recap of the project.
Ready to see who won the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine? I’ll announce that during my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Bases – Chipboard – three @ 6″ x 6″
- DSP Mats – Peaceful Place DSP – Pattern #1 – three @ 6″ x 6″, Pattern #2 – three @ 5″ x 5″, Pattern #3 – three @ 6″ x 6″
- Sentiments – Basic White CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 3″, one @ 4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Flowers – Snowy White Velvet Paper – 4″ x 6″
- Stamped Images – Smoky Slate CS – one @ 2 1/4″ x 11″ and one @ 1 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Pine Cones – Basic Gray CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 1/2″ and Smoky Slate CS – 2″ x 2 1/2″
- Sprigs – Smoky Slate – 2 1/4″ x 6″
- Pine Needles – Smoky Slate CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, trim as shown.
- Merry Christmas – Basic Gray CS – back with adhesive sheet – 3 1/4″ x 6″, cut 3 sets
- Ribbon – Smoky Slate 7/8″ Textured Ribbon – one @ 20″, one @ 8″ and one @ 10″
- Metallic Pearls – 20 in silver
Vintage Holiday Wallhanging Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you create one of these for someone on your holiday gift list. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Today’s project is more than just a gratitude sampler. Each element can be used as a card front as well. I call that a two-for, two projects in one.
Right off the bat, you’ve got to treat yourself to a pack or two of the gorgeous Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper. I think it is my favorite Fall inspired paper EVER!! Each block in my gratitude sampler showcases the same color palette, drawn from the beautiful DSP. Block #1 could easily be a thank you or thinking of you card front.
The beautiful Blackberry Beauty Ephemera Pack made creating all the elements in the blocks a breeze. I’ve used frames from the pack in both block 1 and 2. By using the sunflower die, I’ve created another element you could use for either a tag, card or to decorate a gift bag.
Ready for block #3? If you’ve been following me, you know I’m a nature girl. I just love those Intricate Leaves dies. They sure do anchor the design on this block.
Time to do some coloring with our blends. The Pretty Pumpkins stamp set has so many beautiful images. I’ve used the pumpkin trio in block #4.
Last but not least, I knew I wanted to incorporate that detailed pumpkin die cut. Because I backed the DSP with adhesive sheets it made adhering it to the gold shimmer vellum quick and easy.
Not only do I have a video tutorial for you, but a 7-page full-color PDF. Yep that’s right, it’s my gift to you. Watch how it all comes together and then download your PDF so you can create a gratitude sampler for a special someone in your life.
Click this link to download your FREE PDF. Gratitude Sampler PDF
Need some supplies? I sure would appreciate you shopping my online store and using my host code, 4UMERQ6R. Place a $50 order and I’ll be sending you a little thank you gift. Here’s a full list of supplies used for the gratitude sampler.
Gratitude Sampler Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Let me know if you decide to create the sampler. I’ld love to hear from you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for the Fall Y’all finale’. I’m over the moon excited to share my Fall Y’all Frame with you guys. Wouldn’t this look super cute on your holiday tablescape. It would also make a great little hostess gift. I’ll be giving one to my daugther for her desk at school. I think the kids will get a kick out of it.
First up, I know you’re asking THE question. Where did you get the frame? Well, believe it or not, my local Dollar General. Yep, and it was only $3. It’s a 5″ x 7″ frame and I love the barnwood look. If that’s not Fall Y’all, I don’t know what is.
Creating my lettering was a breeze with the Playful Alphabet die set. First, I backed my Basic Black card stock with our adhesive sheets to create alphabet stickers. No messy glue and very forgiving as you are planning the perfect placement.
All the dimension and stitching created by the dies made this project super special. The stitched leaves die set is a must have. It’s a very unique set, that can be purchased as a bundle. That will save you 10%. Because the stamp set is photopolymer, you’ll achieve fabulous distressed fall images with each stamping.
Our fantastic focal image was created, yet again, with the Celebration Labels die set. Be sure to check out day #1 and day #2 in the Fall Y’all series. You’ll fast discover you’ve got to have these dies in your crafting stash.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Frame – 5″ x 7″ – Dollar General
- Mat – Cherry Cobbler CS – 5″ x 7″
- Focal – Mango Melody CS – 5 1/2″ x 7″, cut with the largest die from the Celebration Tidings die set. Plaid Tidings DSP – 4 1/4″ x 6″, cut with the second largest die from the Celebration Tidings die set.
- Pumpkins – Mango Melody CS – one @ 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut three ovals with the layering ovals die set. Mango Melody CS – one @ 3 1/2″ x 2″ and Cajun Craze CS – 3 1/2″ x 1 3/4″, cut the dies from the Autumn Essentials set.
- Letters – Basic Black CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, back with adhesive sheet, cut with the Playful Alphabet dies.
- Stalks – Cinnamon Cider CS – 5″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Autumn Essentials set.
- Leaves – Cinnamon Cider CS – two @ 3″ x 3″. Mango Melody CS – one @ 2 1/4″ x 3″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/4″. Cajun Craze CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″. Cherry Cobbler CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. Pretty Peacock CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″. Die cut the images with the dies from the Stitched Leaves set. Brushed Metallic CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, punch the images with the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Acorns – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/2″ x 2″. Stamp the outline in Early Espresso, the cap in Crumb Cake and the bottom in Cajun Craze. Punch the image with the corresponding punch.
- Tall Pumpkin Leaves and Stem – Using the Apple Builder Punch, punch the needed images from the scrape above.
- Bow – Copper Ribbon – two loop bow, about 18″
Fall Y’all Frame Product List
Did you enjoy Fall Y’all week? I sure hope so, because I know I enjoyed bringing all these fall inspired proejcts to you. I would love to earn your business and ask that you shop my online store for your crafting supplies. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Can you believe it, we are already moving into the 1st full week of 2020! I’m kicking things off with my Bee Happy Sampler. It’s just too cute and what better message for the upcoming year.
As soon as I saw this bundle, I knew I would love giving it a play. My WOW Club Member, Connie, is having a party this week. Because Connie is an avid scapbooker, I wanted to design something she could use in that part of her crafting. Hence, the Bee Happy Sampler was born.
Stampin’ Up’s product coordination is the best. The Honey Bee bundle in the new Mini coordinates perfectly with the Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper offered in the Sale-A-Bration brochure.
In the second block, of my Bee Happy Sampler, I wanted to create a little bee hive scene. One of the best parts of creating samplers is that the blocks can also be used and adapted into cards. And did you notice the texture in the background. I created that with the new Coastal Weave 3D Embossing Folder. Love!!
Ok, those bees are just too beautiful. Because I spritz them with Champagne Shimmer Mist, they sparkle and shine.
To create the “sunshine” background, I used a sponge brayer loaded with Crushed Curry ink. That’s a quick and easy technique. The letters, cut with the dies from the Hand Lettered Prose set, were also spritzed. I love the sparkle.
Because I’m still recuperating from my recent nasty fall, I couldn’t film a video for my Bee Happy Sampler. But, I did peck away at the keyboard to give you a very detailed PDF. Hope you can enjoy this and create a Bee Happy Sampler of your very own.
Bee Happy Sampler Instructions
To make ordering supplies quick and easy, here’s my supply list. Just click any of the items to start filling your cart in my online store. By using this month’s host code, 4DXZJPCS, when placing a $50 order (before tax and shipping), you earn so many fabulous benefits.
- A FREE Sale-A-Bration item.
- A handstamped thank you card and package of the new Champagne Rhinestones from me.
- For every $25 in your order, you earn a WOW Customer Loyalty Point. Earn 12 and get $25 FREE WOW from me. All the details of that program can be found here.
I would very much appreciate your business.
Bee Happy Sampler Product List
Hopefully, I’ll be back to 100% very soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! I’m pretty proud of the project I’ve got to share with you today. My inspiration was the Strong & Beautiful stamp set, which has so many lovely positive messages. The gorgeous papers in the Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper pack coordinated beautifully. And then the magic happened, when I laid a sheet of the Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Paper on top. Voila!
Did you know that you can earn both of those gorgeous paper packs for FREE during the remaining days of Sale-a-Bratoin 2019? Place a $50 order (before tax and shipping) and you can earn either one.
Each of the sweet little blocks on the framed piece are also part of the Petal Promenade papers. Isn’t it lovely? Just cut the blocks into 3″ x 3″ squares and you’re ready to start creating each little vignette. Can’t get any easier than that.
And my color combination came from the papers of course. I used Petal Pink, Grapefruit Grove, Highland Heather, Smoky Slate and Whisper White. I just love the softness and elegance.
My butterflies were stamped using the Beautiful Gala set. It’s so easy to create whatever colors you want, because there are stamps to fill in the color as well. I’ll bet you are dying to create one of these for someone very special in your life. I’ve created three so far, one for a very dear friend, one for my daughter and of course one for my Mom. I would love to share the process with you and have filmed a tutorial so you can create right along with me.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base – Petal Promenade DSP – 12″ x 12″ Floral
- Overlay – Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Paper – 12″ x 12″ Floral
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Mat – Grapefruit Grove CS – 8″ x 8″
- Element Mats – Petal Pink CS – Four @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- Element DSP – Petal Promenade DSP – 3″ x 3″, ink all in Petal Pink ink
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – one @ 3″ x 5 1/2″ and one @ 2 1/2″ x 6 1/2″, sentiments cut with the die from Wonderful Floral, Butterflies punched with the Butterfly Duet Punch
- Leaves – Mossy Meadow CS – 2″ x 6″, cut four with the die from Wonderful Floral
- Sprigs – Smoky Slate CS – 1 1/4″ x 3 1/2″ and Copper Foil Paper – 1 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut four of each with the die from wonderful Floral
- Small Flowers – Grapefruit Grove CS – 1″ x 8 1/2″, punch 12 flowers with the Bitty Blooms punch.
- Small Doilies – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 2 1/4 , cut two with the die from Doily Builder
- Trim Accents – Highland Heather CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut four with the die from Doily Builder
- Basic Pearls – 12
- Metallic Thread – Copper – crate two 8 loop wraps
- Champagne Shimmer Mist – spritz butterflies, flowers, and smoky slate sprigs.
Ready to create? Need some supplies? I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Click any item to begin your shopping cart. Place a $50 order and earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration Level 1 item. Please use my March Host Code, G42C9TDW. As a thank you, I’ll send you my MarchThank You Gift, a pot of Copper Embossing Powder.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I’ve got a special project to share. This 12×12 Dragonfly Dreams decor frame was a joy to design. One of my lovely club members requested a project highlighting the beautiful Dragonfly Dreams set.
So many beautiful things on this piece, it’s hard to know where to start. I guess I’ll start with the inspiration. Because we live in Southeast Louisiana, we have lots, I mean lots of dragonflies in my garden. We also are in the middle of the fog season. The weather just doesn’t know what it wants to do. There’s nothing like seeing the low drifting fog and little garden creatures interacting. It hit me there. I wanted the little scenes in my Dragonfly Dreams decor piece to look like they were flying around in the reeds, in the fog mist.
Now, how was I going to create that foggy look? To the rescue came the subtle embossing folder. Stamping on top of the embossed mat gave it that sketchy look, almost like fog mist. I used the Abstract Impressions stamp set to create the elusion of reeds and foliage in the garden. The Dragonfly needed to really sing. So, I cut it out with our new Grapefruit Grove Foil Paper. Did you know that you can earn that gorgeous paper FREE with a $50 order during Sale-a-Bration? WOW!!!! It has a hologram effect, hard to photograph, but I hope you can see the different colors reflected in the light.
One of my signature flowers is the one tipped in acrylic paint. It gives the flower a vintage look. I used the 4-petal flower punch for my petals and a 1 1/4″ circle, spiral cut, to form the center. Those gorgeous accent leaves and side die-cut detail were cut with the dies from Wonderful Romance.
The sentiment from Part of My Story started the message on this piece. Choosing the perfect accent words was next. The “amazing” was die cut with the die from Celebrate You. And the sweet little “friend” is one of the many word dies from our new set, Well Said.
Another fabulous new die set is the Doily Builder Thinlits Dies. That’s what I used to make the “friend” title pop. Are you inspired to create one of these for your very own or to give to a special friend?
You can download my FREE PDF Tutorial.
Need some supplies? I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. My January Host Code is D6WZP2XV.
Thanks so much again for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed this one.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!