I am so excited to share my Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament for 2020. This is one of my favorite projects of the year to design. When I saw the Peaceful Nativity Bundle in the Aug-Dec Mini Catalog, I knew that I would be creating a manger inspired ornament. If you would like to start this tradition or carry on from previous years, I invite you to sit back, relax and watch as I create a lovely reason for the season keepsake ornament.
To start things off, I want to alert you that the Nativity Dies will go on sale beginning December 8th. So, if you’ve fallen in love with my Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament and don’t have the dies yet, pick them up during the sale. Okay, with that said, let’s get back to Creating Something Beautiful!
To create the manger, it took a little math, but no worries, I’ve done all that for you. Once I fugured out the structure, the rest was pretty easy. A little stamping and die cutting and you’ll be on your way.
Because I used our fabulous watercolor pencils for my coloring medium, I achieved a nice soft look on all my figures to place inside the manger.
The “straw floor” was created with snippets of raffia. That’s just a suggestion on my part. I think it gave the scene a rustic, realistic look.
Thank you all for following my blog, supporting my online store and website and subscribing to my YouTube Channel. I wanted to give you all a little gift of appreciation. If you are ready to create my Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament for your tree or a gift for a special someone, download the FREE PDF below. Merry Christmas.
Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament – FREE PDF
Not only that, I’ve recorded a video tutorial for all my visual learners. But, I have to say, viewing the video will be helpful when constructing the ornament.
Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament Supply List
Thank you all so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Mystery Stamping with the Wrapped in Christmas set was a blast last night. I love hosting my Zoom classes with my WOW Club Members. It’s a free monthly “thank you class” for their club commitment. It’s so much fun creating the cards with them. And they don’t know what the cards look like until the end. Love hearing the excitement in their voices.
My WOW ladies were able to enjoy two distinct looks with the same stamp set and lots of yummy layers. We started things off on the simpler side.
Because I chose a layout that lends itself to utilizing scraps, I’ll bet they will be CASEing this one. The color palette was dictated by the beautiful Poinsettia Place DSP. To bling it up, I added in a little of the Red Foil and Red Rhinestones.
Everyone fell in love with the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder. Even more texture and interest added with just a little effort. The Wrapped in Christmas set contains sentiments for both the outside and inside of your cards.
WOW, is that font gorgeous or what? Ready to step it up a notch? Let’s dive into card #2.
While the first card is lovely, this one packs a WOW statement. Maybe that’s because I’ve added some of both the lovely Red Velvet and Plush Poinsettia Specialty Papers. A little bit of those go a long way.
You should have heard the oohs and ahhs when we added that diagonal strip and then topped it with the Real Red sheer ribbon. That made me smile BIG!!
With all that fussy warmth and texture, this Wrapped in Christmas card will show off your card making skills to family and friends. But, first we need to stamp that inside greeting and finish things off.
Ready to see how quick and easy these come together? I hope you give them a try.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card #1 – “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Bumblebee CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Absolutely Argule 3D embossing folder.
- Inside Mat – Whisper Whtie CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, sentiment stamped in Real Red.
- Designer Series Paper – Poinsettia Place DSP – three @ 1 3/8″ x 3″
- Horizontal Band – Red Foil – 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Sentiment Label – Garden Green CS – 4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from Stitched So Sweetly, stamped in Real Red.
- Sprigs – Red Foil – 2 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from Poinsettia set.
- Ribbon – Real Red Sheer – about 8″
- Rhinestones – Real Red – three
Wrapped in Christmas, Card #2
- Card Base – Old Ollive CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Real Red CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Winter Snow embossing folder.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, sentiment stamped in Old Olive
- Vellum – Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper – 1 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Focal Mat – Gold Foil – 3″ x 3″ and Poinsettia Place DSP – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Diagonal Accent – Red Velvet – 1″ x 5 1/2″
- Scallop Circle – Old Olive CS – 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the die from the Layering Circles set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, stamped in Old Olive, punch with the 1 1/2″ circle punch
- Flower – Red Velvet – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set
- Sprig – Gold Foil – punch one sprig image with the Sprig punch
- Ribbon – Real Red Satin – about 6″
- Pearls – Gold Metallic – 7
Wrapped in Christmas Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, Until Next Time, Create Something Beautiful!
Happy day before Thanksgiving!! So happy you’ve stopped by. I’ve got another fancy fold to share. This time, it’s an interlocking accordion. Showing off all those Brightly Gleaming designer series papers was my #1 priority.
You will need a sheet of 12×12 cardstock to create the interlocking accordion fold. But you know what, that’s not a problem. Did you know that there are assorted packages of 12×12 in all color families? Yep, that’s right. Flip to page 144 of the Annual Catalog. It’s the second item in the left hand column.
Because I wanted an extra special card for both my son and daughter, I’ve really stepped this one up. You can add or delete design details or CASE this one as is to send your own special Christmas card. Are you ready to see the inside.
Don’t be intimidated by the interlocking accordion fold. I promise I’ll break it down for you step by step. There are even two panels for you to add your own handwritten notes.
First of all, to cut the windows and frames, I’ve used the Rectangle Stitched dies.
Are you in love with those papers yet? They were so popular last year, Stampin’ Up! just had to bring them back for an encore. The specialty papers have copper foil accents on one side and great versatile designs on the other. You’ll be using the paper long after the Christmas season.
I know I’ve got lots of visual learners out there, so here is your FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 12″, scored at 4″ and 8″. Cut the framed openings in panel #2 and panel #3 with the 4th largest rectangle stitched die. Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, scored at 1/2″. Cut the open
- Inside Accordion – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 9″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″, and 8 1/4″. One @ 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Front Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ornaments, Leaves, Sentiments – Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 11″. Stamp the ornament and “Merry Christmas” in versa mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder, heat set with heat tool. Stamp the other two sentiments in Pretty Peacock. Punch with the Rectangular Postage Punch. Stamp the holly leaves in Mossy Meadow.
- Sentiment Mat – Mossy Meadow CS – 2″ x 1/2″
- Interlocking Accordion Mats – Pretty Peacock CS – six @ 3″ x 2 1/2″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – pattern #1- two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, pattern #2 – two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Very Vanilla CS – two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Stamp the flourish in Mossy Meadow.
- Frame Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, nest the 2nd and 4th largest rectangle dies in the center of the mat and cut. Two @ 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ – with the center with the 3rd largest rectangle die.
- DSP Inside Panel Mats – Brightly Gleaming DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ribbon – Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible – 10″
- Scalloped Lace Trim – Very Vanilla – 2″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, using the envelope punch board. Punch and score @ 3 3/4″.
Interlocking Accordion Fancy Fold Product List
I would love to hear if you give this one a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! I’ve got an oldie, but goodie for you today. The Christmas Gleaming Variety Bundle is a returning favorite and the 10% discount remains in place. It’s what I’m going to refer to as a mega bundle. Why? Because it’s filled with a 9-piece stamp set, two punches and a fabulous package of specialty designer series paper.
Today’s Christmas card will show off all that copper foiling goodness. The only problem I had, was to make a decision on which papers to use. One is more beautiful than the next.
By stamping the lovely ornament in versa mark, I was able to emboss the image in copper. That gave the card another level of richness. And, it made it super easy to add some additional color with my Night of Navy Stampin’ Blend.
Look at all those yummy layers. To make that ornament pop just a little more, I cut the focal die-cut with one of the dies from Ornate Layers. Is that set on your wish list? Want to get 10% off? You’re in luck. Stampin’ Up! is having a SALE!!
Break out that Annual Catalog! We’ve got a 24-hour sale with very limited items excluded. Click the link below to downlad and view the exclusion list.
2020 Merry & Bright Sale Exclusion List
Save an extra 10% on your favorites or stock up on all those essentials. In the meantime, let me show you more about today’s lovely Christmas Gleaming card.
By embossing my focal mat with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder, I was able to mimic the design in the DSP accent band. That was a happy design accident.
And of course, I couldn’t discard scraps of the DSP. So, I’ve added an accent band on the inside of the card to dress things up. Watch how easy this card comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Accent Band – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 4″ x 2″
- Focal Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – 3″ x 4″ and Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder.
- Focal Die Cut – Night of Navy CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from the Ornate Layers set
- Ornament – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 3″, stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the “Merry Christmas” in Night of Navy. Flag both ends of the banner.
- Leaves – Copper Foil – 1″ x 2 1/2″, punch two with the punch from the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Inside Accent Band – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 1″ x 5 1/4″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla – Stamp in Night of Navy.
- Ribbon – Metallic Combo – Cooper – approximately 6″
Christmas Gleaming Product List
Wait until you see the second card I’ve created with this set. Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Join me to create, beautiful, quick and easy Christmas cards with the Wonder of the Season Memories and More card pack, cards and envelopes. We will create 20 cards, two of each design. Not only that, you’ll have supplies left over to create more cards or scrapbook pages.
The Memories & More Card Pack is filled with 48 double-sided cards along with 12 specialty cards with gold foil.
Because I’ve designed the cards with NO stamping involved, you’ll be knocking these out in no time flat. You’ll need minimal supplies to complete the cards as I’ve designed them. I would very much appreicate you shopping my online store.
Wonder of the Season Memories & More Christmas Cards Product List
As a little thank you, I’ve prepared a FREE full-color PDF so that you can create all 20 cards. The PDF is detailed, so I’ve had to break it into two parts. Be sure to click both links to download the entire PDF.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Wonder of the Season Christmas Cards, FREE PDF, Part 1 of 2
Wonder of the Season Christmas Cards, FREE PDF, Part 2 of 2
Creating a video tutorial was my pleasure. Hope this helps all my visual learners out there.
Have fun creating a big batch of these Christmas cards. I’m sure your family and friends will love them. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful.
So excited to unveil our 2020 Riverbend Nursing Home Poinsettia Christmas Ornament. This will be our 8th year creating handmade Christmas ornaments for each of the residents. I’ve made it simple and elegant in hopes that others would copy and share with nursing homes all over the country; maybe even the world! It’s been such a difficult year for everone. But nursing homes, in my opinion, had the worse of it. Let’s spread some joy!
Because I used the Poinsettia Dies to cut that gorgeous bloom, it was very easy to create lots of dimension. Did you notice how sparkly it is? I spritzed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist. By doing so, it also helps the flower keep it’s shape. Not only that, you can emboss the petals in one pass on your die cutting machine.
Stampin’ Up’s! new Celebration Labels made the perfect backdrop. Embossing it with the Parisian 3D embossing folder gave it some depth and richness.
To cover up and secure my ribbon hanger, I cut the smallest die in the set and glued it in place. After I receive the roster from Riverbend, I will create a file with the names and punch them out with a 1 1/2″ circle punch. That way each resident will have their very own personalized gift from us. Next, it was time to make our Poinsettia Christmas Ornament even more special. We needed to create some festive packaging. The gold mini pizza boxes in the annual catalog did the trick.
Looks like the box was made for the ornament. And the best part, no gluing and the boxes are all cut and scored for you.
I needed a way to package the Christmas card with the Poinsettia Christmas Ornament and have them secure during the quarantine process. Creating a bag topper was quick and easy. The cello bags were ordered from Amazon, here.
Would you like to participate in our service project? We are in need of a few Christmas cards. If you’re interested, please send your handmade cards to Susan Levasseur, 105 Riverview Drive, Belle Chasse, LA 70037 by November 24, 2020. Write an uplifting message on the inside and be sure to sign it before placing it in an unsealed envelope. They would love to hear where you are from as well.
How about starting your own service ripple. I’ve even filmed a video tutorial, filled with tips and tricks to make the process easy.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Ornament Base – Bumblebee CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the second to smallest die from the Celebration Labels die set. Emboss with the Parsian 3D Embossing Folder.
- Poinsettia – Real Red CS – 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Spritz with the Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Leaves – Shaded Spruce CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set.
- Sprigs – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4, cut with the die from the Poinsettia set.
- Silver Sprigs – Silver Foil Paper – two images punched with the Sprig Punch.
- Back Ornament Label – Real Red CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the smallest label die from the Celebration Labels die set.
- Beaded Pearl – 1
- Silver Metallic Ribbon – 8″
Presentation Box and Topper
- Box – Gold Mini Pizza Box
- Mat – Shaded Spruce – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Toile Tidings DSP – 3″ x 3″
- Flower – Real Red CS – punch one flower with the Small Bloom punch
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – punch one label with the Rectangula Postage punch. Stamped in Shaded Spruce with the stamp from the Wrapped in Christmas set.
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots – 1 large
- Bag – from Amazon 6″ x 8″ Cello Bag
- Topper – Real Red CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 2 1/8″
- DSP Mat – Toile Christmas DSP – 5″ x 1 3/4″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1″ x 3 1/2″, stamped in Shaded Spruce with the stamp from Poinsettia Petals set.
Poinsettia Christmas Ornament Product List
Even though I couldn’t invite the masses to my house this year to create, I had a lovely group of my WOW Club Members step up and help me complete the 120 ornaments. Why not start your own group and spread the Christmas spirit. I would love to hear about it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!