Welcome! So happy that you stopped by today. I’ve got a technique to share. It’s the divided die-cut technique. The beautiful die from the Many Layered Blossoms set was the perfect die cut for this techinque. We are going to create two cards with the one die cut.
Because I backed the Pear Pizzazz card stock with our new Adhesive Sheets, adhering the die pieces was quick and easy. But first, I spritzed the Highland Heather die cut with our fabulous Champagne Shimmer Mist. It’s easy, just add four or five drops of the paint to a spritzer filled with 70% rubbing alcohol. Voila, you have sparkly goodness to add to your projects.
To start my divided die-cut technique I chose my orientation. Once I did that, I knew I wanted to back the die-cut with an embossed mat. I love the way the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder highlights that gorgeous die. Because I wanted each card to look a little different, I divided the die, a little off center.
For the second card, I even added one each of the smaller die-cuts in the set. Custome coloring your embellishments is easy with our Stampin’ Blends. They are alcohol based, so the color stays on the surface. This time, I used the Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend to give a pop of color. Watch how easy it is to incorporate the divided die-cut technique.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Bases – Thick Whisper White CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Pear Pizzazz CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Gorgeous Grape CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Large Die Cuts – Highland Heather CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Pear Pizzazz CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, back with Adhesive Sheet. Die cut both with the dies from the Many Layered Blossoms set. Spritz the Highland Heather die-cut with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Small Flowers – Highland Heather CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″. Pear Pizzazz CS – 2 1/2″ x 1 3/4″, back with Adhesive Sheet. Die cut both with the dies from the Many Layered Blossoms set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 1 1/4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 1″ x 2 3/4″. Stamp both in Gorgeous Grape. Die cut with the dies from Ornate Frames.
- Rhinestones – color 5 with the Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend.
Divided Die-Cut with Blossoms in Bloom Product List
Are you ready to try this one? Would love to see your color combos. Have fun and until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome!! I’m giddy with excitement to share my tri-fold jar of flowers card and gift in one. That’s right, the card actually holds a little gift. Because it contains a handmade wildflower seed packet, the receipient can remember this card for months to come.
This is just the front of my tri-fold jar of flowers card. Because I’ve added an additional panel, we’ve got lots of real estate to decorate! The star of the show is the Jar of Flowers bundle. It’s a punch and stamp set bundle. That makes creating super easy.
First of all, I chose my designer series paper. Using the Flowers for Every Season 6 x 6 stack was a no-brainer. The patterns, in that paper stack, will carry you through every season of the year. It’s even got Christmas patterns you can chose from. By popping the jar of flowers to the gorgeous Ornate Layers die cut, it really set the stage.
And the coloring was easy with our Stampin’ Blends. I even used the Light Shaded Spruce to custom color the pearls for my sentiment. What’s even more special about the Jar of Flowers set, it’s a revisible set. That’s how I created the water in the jar.
Open up the first flap of my tri-fold jar of flowers card and reveal the second of three sentiments. I didn’t waste any of the DSP, using the cut-offs to create the banners. Because I wanted to add extra texture to this panel, I embossed the Just Jade mat with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.
Last, but certainly not least, the inside mat is stamped, 2nd generation, with that big sunflower from the Celebrate Sunflowers set. That gave me the opportunity to have a backdrop for my last little sentiment. Time for our wildflower seed packet.
How sweet is that? The seed packet reminds me of my dad. He is a farmer and I remember little seed packets like this everywhere. They were filled with seeds that eventually made their way to the fields and an abundance of vegetables.
But today, my little seed packet is filled with wildflower seeds. Can you imagine how happy the receipient will be to see these popping up in their garden? I’m sending one off to my daughter today.
Here it is, opened up to reveal all the panels. I just love how this one turned out. Loved it so much, I created 8 more for my WOW Team Card Swap. Hosting our Team Card Swaps is something I always look forward to. Wait until you see the other cards. Those will be coming in a blog post soon. Don’t miss it. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you’re notified each time I have a new posting. Ready to make one of these? Of course I’ve got not only a FREE video tutorial, but a complete downloadable PDF.
Ready for some FREE PDF’s?
Here you go, just click on the highlighted areas below to bring up the documents.
But wait, there’s more!! Would you like a file for the labels I used on my Wildflower Seed Packets? Print it out on a sheet of Whisper White cardstock. Then you can easily punch out the labels with the Timeless Label Punch. Psst…. it fits perfect!!
I would love to earn your business. Just click on any of the images below to start filling your shopping cart.
Tri-Fold Jar of Flowers Product List
Would love to hear your feedback on this project. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
That’s right, adventure awaits with the Beautiful World Bundle from Stampin’ Up! Do you love rich colors, travel and adventure themes? How about a more masculine touch to your designs? If you’ve answered yes to any of these, you’re going to love the Beautiful World set.
Quick, turn to pages 24-26 in the new 2020-2021 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog! There, you will find gorgous inspiration using the elements of the World of Good Suite. Don’t have a catalog or a demonstrator? I would love to earn your business and send you a copy. Contact me here, with your mailing address and I’ll send you a new catalog.
With my Adventure Awaits design I tried to incorporate lots of elements from the suite. Did you know we have new in-colors? Yep, that’s right, five to be exact. This card features two of those, Misty Moonlight and Cinnamon Cider. And in true Stampin’ Up! style, everything coordinates, right down to the Misty Moonlight ribbon.
Have you heard? We have new Brass Foil Sheets. I’ve used that to cut the globe stand and the sweet little curly cue. Just the right amount of shine for my Adventure Awaits masculine themed design. Because the World of Good Specialty DSP has brass folded designs as well, it was a perfect match.
Hope you can appreciate all the texture on this card. The quill pen was one of my favorite little added touches. Dotting the “i” really brought importance to the sentiment, don’t you think?
Be sure to check out the video tutorial I’ve got for you. Not only that, I’ve just hit 15,000 subscribers on my YouTube Channel. Hope you are in that number. If not, be sure to subscribe and hit that little bell. That way, you will be notified, via email, the next time I upload a free video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Misty Moonlight CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, words and images stamped in Early Espresso
- Mat- Early Espresso CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder.
- Focal Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- DSP Focal Mat – World of Good Specialty DSP – 3″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 3 1/4″, stamped in Early Espresso. Punched with the Lovel Label Pick a Punch.
- Feather – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″, stamped off, 2nd generation with Early Espresso ink. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
- Globe Base – Misty Moonlight CS 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″
- Globe Accent – Early Espresso CS – 2″ x 2″
- Globe Stand and Swirl – Brass Foil Sheet – 2 1/4″ x 3″
- NOTE: All globe pieces are cut with the coordinating dies from the World Map set.
- Ribbon – Misty Moonlight – 5″
Adventure Awaits with Beautiful World Product List
Hope you enjoyed this one, would love to hear from you. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Are you lovin’ the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog? The first time, I flipped though the pages I picked my favorites, right off the bat. When I turned to page 124, I knew I would be creating a vintage styled Tasteful Touches card.
Pretty special, right? The gorgeous backdrop for my vintage styled Tasteful Touches card is the new Many Medallions die cut. Perfection!! My color palette is Sahara Sand, Petal Pink, Soft Seafoam and Whisper White. Can’t get too much more vintage than that.
The beautiful leaf images were cut from Soft Seafoam CS using the die from Forever Flourishing. The entire Forever Greenery Suite is a must-have in my opinion. It’s so versatile and lends itself to so many designs.
Sometimes, it’s tough to find just the right die for a sentiment. Stampin’ Up! just solved that problem with the new Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. You can punch two different details, in three sizes each. That’s right, that’s 6 images in one punch. WOW!!
Watch how quick and easy my Vintage Styled Fasteful Touches card comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Sahara Sand CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Detail Mat – Petal Pink CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from Many Medallions.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Leaves – Soft Sea Foam CS – two @ 4″ x 4 1/2″, cut with the die from Forever Flourishing
- Roses – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 8 1/2″, stamp the roses in Sahara Sand, color with the Stampin’ Blends.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3/4″ x 3″, stamp the sentiment in Sahara Sand and the texture in 2nd generation Petal Pink. Punch with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
- Sentiment Accent – Sahara Sand CS – 1″ x 3 1/4″, punch with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Emboss with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Gold Trim – Forever Greenery Twine
Vintage Styled Tasteful Touches Product List
So, what do you think? I would love to hear your feedback. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
As many of you know, I’m a farm girl and drawn to almost anything nature inspired. Well, the brand new Birds & Branches bundle filled the bill for me. I’ve incorporated it into a fancy fold design to really show off as much of the bundle as possible.
Not only that, I’ve used three of the new 2020-2022 In-Colors, Cinnamon Cider, Just Jade and Bumble Bee. Did you know you can order the 5 new ink pads, in a bundle, and save 10%. You can find the bundle, #154957, on page 144. If you need a catalog, be sure to contact me so that I can get one off to you.
The Birds & Branches set is a two-step, photopolymer set. That makes lining up layered images, quick and easy. The set also coordinates with the 16-piece Birds & More die set.
The bridge fold can fool you though. You might think it has too much dimension to fit in a standard envelope. But, no that’s not the case. And to make it even more special, the back panel is perfect for a sentiment or note.
Stampin’ Up’s! product coordination makes designing a breeze. All the new in-colors happen to be in the Flowers for Every Season paper stack. It’s a 48-sheet stack in a 6″ x 6″ format. Follow along with me, while I show you how I designed my Birds & Branches bridge fold.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cinnamon Cider CS – 4 1/4″ x 8″, scored @ 1 1/4″, 2 1/2″, 5 1/2″ and 6 3/4″.
- Bridge – Cinnamon Cider CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Bridge Accent – Just Jade CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut the edge with the die from the Birds & More die set. Emboss the top section of the bridge accent with the Greenery Embossing Folder.
- Mats – Just Jade CS – four @ 1″ x 4″, one @ 2 3/4″ x 4″.
- DSP Mats – Flowers for Every Season DSP – four @ 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Back Mat – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Decorative Center Front Mat – Just Jade CS – 3″ x 4″, cut with the circular die from the Birds & More die set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the die from Layering Circles. The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede.
- Nest – Cinnamon Cider CS – 3 1/4″ x 1 3/4″, stamp the nest image in Crumb Cake ink, die cut with the die from Birds and More.
- Branches – Bumblee Bee CS – three @ 2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″, cut with the die from Birds & More.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the bird detail in Soft Suede, fill in stamp with the Crushed Curry ink. Birds feet are stamped in Soft Suede. Stamp the eggs in Crushed Curry. Die cut all images with the Birds & More dies.
- Flowers – fussy cut images from the Flowers for Every Season DSP.
- Envelope – Whisper White
Birds & Branches Bridge Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome back! Time for Card #2 in our 3-card series with the Forever Greenery Suite. And what could make things better? Embellishments, of course!!
Yep, that’s right, gold hoops. I’m going to date myself, but I used to have earrings just like that. Who else? I think they were a wardrobe staple in the 70’s. But, this time, they are going to create the perfect backdrop in your card designs.
Because I treated that fabulous gold hoop as a “wreath form”, I was able to add bits and elements to decorate it. It was a no-brainer to add in more of those Forever Gold Laser-Cut images. I’m so glad that I decided to punch them all out of the sheets and store them in our Clear Medium Envelopes. Now, it’s quick and easy to grab one or two while creating.
Because the stamp set is one with DistINKive technology, the images are very realistic. You’ll look like an artist in no time flat. And don’t forget to finish off the inside of the card. With so many image choices, you can create a lovely frame for your sentiment.
In card #2 of the series, I’ll show you how to easily incorporate both the ribbon and hoops. Psst….. I’ve even added a new in-color. Can you guess which one?
Here’s how the magic happens, Card #2.
- Card Base – Just Jade CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score @ 4 1/4″
- Mat – Shaded Spruce CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Forever Greenery DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 6″ – stamp the “hello” and two of the leaf images in Shaded Spruce. Die cut the sentiment with the Stitched So Sweetly die. Die-cut the leaf images with the dies from the Forever Flourishing set.
- Accent Images – Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty DSP – one large branch, two leaf clusters.
- Sentiment Accent – Just Jade CS – 1 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing set. Apply wink of stella to the die cut.
- Envelope – Whisper White
- Ribbon – Forevery Greenery Trim Combo Pack – 6″
- Embellishment – Gold Hoop – one
Need a supply list so that you can create Card #2? I’ve got you covered.
One more to go!!! I sure hope you join me for card #3. I’m switching things up and changing the color palette. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!