First, sorry I’ve been a little MIA. I caught some respiratory bug and have been sick for 2 weeks. I’m finally starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks to all that sent so many get well wishes. They meant the world to me. Getting back into the swing of things though, I experienced a little loss of mojo. Yes, it happens to me too! But, I always know that I can get things back on track with a WOW Card Sketch.
A card sketch is a quick and easy way create cards in a flash. I would love to start a new series on my blog and YouTube channel. But, I need your help. Would you like to see a WOW Card Sketch series? Is this something you would find helpful? Leave a comment and let me know. I used this sketch to create three different styles. Today, let’s dive into my Gather Together Fall inspired card.
Once I drew the sketch, got all my dimensions nailed down, my next decison was a theme. Mine was Fall and a season of thanks. What better set than the Gather Together bundle. The #1 rule in using a sketch, don’t get stuck on making the WOW Card Sketch to literal. It’s only a guide.
You can see here that I turned the focal image in order for it to meet my needs and use of my “pretties”. Those leaves are over the top gorgeous. The dies in the Gathered Leaves set cut and emboss at the same time. I spritzed my Pretty Peacock card stock with a little Champagne Shimmer Mist, then ran it through my die cutting machine. Instantly you get a great embossed and sparkly image.Gotta love that!!
Because I wanted to finish off the inside of my card, I added a Very Vanilla mat and went to stampin’. That’s what we do best, right?
Then, by using my WOW Card Sketch, I pulled that gorgeous Come to Gather designer series paper and cut my mats. If you guys know me at all, you know I love rich Fall colors. My color palette is Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Merry Merlot and Pretty Peacock. Choosing Very Vanilla for my neutral, tied everything together.
Want to see how quick and easy this card comes together? I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Be sure to hit the “bell” when you do. By doing that you’ll get notifications when I upload a new creation.
I’ve got a challenge for you. Create a card using my sketch, post it in the comments on my WOW NOLA Creations Facebook page for a chance on my prize wheel. The prize up for grabs is the Winter Knit 3D Embossing Folder. I can’t want to see your creations.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Print off or refer to my WOW Card Sketch #1
- Card Base – Early Espresso CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- DSP Mats – Come to Gather DSP – three @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, ink the edges in Merry Merlot
- Stitched Label – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 4″, scut with the die from Stitched Nested Labels.
- Embossed Leaves – Pretty Peacock CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, spritz the card stock with Champagne Shimmer Mist, cut with the dies from Gathered Leaves.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2″ x 2″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames.
- Large Leaf & Sentiment Frame – Cajun Craze CS – 5 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the large leaf in Cajun Craze, cut the leaf image with the die from Gathered Leaves. Cut the frame image with the die from Ornate Frames. Either spritz or highlight the frame edge with wink of stella.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the wheat, first and second general in Cajun Craze. Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso.
WOW Card Sketch #1 – Gather Together Card Supply List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Deck the Halls with boughs of holly, falalala, la la la. To get the the Christmas spirit, I challenged my WOW Team to a Christmas Card Swap. Our guidelines were to create a Christmas card that was easy to mass produce, but still had a WOW factor. I think everyone delivered. For my card, I chose the Christmas Gleaming bundle. I wanted to make it quick and easy. And, nothing does that like a punch. In this bundle, we have two!!
The first WOW on my Deck the Halls card has to be the gorgeous Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper. The 12 x 12 sheets are filled with copper foiling accents. One sheet is more beautiful than the next. Be sure to pick up a couple packs on your next order. Because the paper has been so popular it’s been on backourder. But, I’ve got great news. It’s currently back in stock.
My color palette is a little non-traditional, but I love it. I’ve combined Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, Very Vanilla and that fabulous copper foil.
I didn’t even have to stamp the ornament images, just punched them out with the Gleaming Ornament Punch Pack. Talk about easy!
And I just love the font mix in the Deck the Halls sentiment. To cut out my sentiment, I pulled the Ornate Frames die set. Yes, again! Boy, am I hoping that one carries over. It’s the perfect sentiment cutting set. I have a video tutorial and supply list at the bottom of the post. But first, are you ready to see all other cards from my WOW Team Members? First up we have team member, Lisa Lepine.
Lisa used the Fells Like Frost DSP along with lots of Silver Foil and that super cute Perfectly Plaid bundle. I love the technique she used stacking the trees in different papers. That added so much texture. She shared with me that this card came together super fast. Why? The focal die cut was a left over from a batch of previous Christmas cards she created. Brilliant, don’t let that go to waste
Next up, we have Eva Hibbing. Eva is a new WOW Team Member and this is her first swap. But, hopefully not her last.
She used the Buffalo Check background stamp and Pretty Peacock ink. Lots of embossing really added the WOW factor to her lovely card. You’ld never know she is a newbie! That gorgeous Christmas tree comes from the Winter Woods set.
Dawn Galland decided to add in a little fancy in her fold using the So Many Stars bundle.
The stars interlock the gatefold. And WOW, she used that gorgeous Mercury Glass Designer Acetate over Brightly Gleaming DSP. You can see the copper stars through the acetate, adding even more interest and texture to her design.
Another very talented card maker, Helene Hebert, has stepped it up a notch with an origami fold for her sweet Christmas tree.
Using the Christmas Time is Here Specialty DSP, she cut five different size squares. Here are the directions Helene shared with me. You will need 5 squares @ 4″, 3.5″, 3″, 2.5″, 2″. Score each square in half and both diagonals. Optional cut: when folded in half, cut from outside to center between diagonal lines for ease of folds. Fold diagonals to center. Glue each triangle 3/4″ space apart and 1/4″ from outside edges. Oh my, I have got to give this one a try!
Now it’s Nancy Sanders turn. Nancy paired the Detailed Bands die set with the Feels Like Frost Designer Series Paper. STUNNING!!
Because she cut the focal detailed band out of our Sparkle Glimmer Paper, it looks all icy and wintery. Just perfect with the designer paper. Then she finished it off with a little bow of the Seaside Spray Metallic Ribbon and a few basic pearls.
Last, but certainly not least, WOW Team Member, Tonia Cooley, added this card to our swap. She used our new, Limited Edition Suite, Christmastime is Here. By cutting the large floral image from the DSP, you’ll be mass producing this card in no time all.
Tonia also added in some of the fantastic Gold Glitter Enamel Dots and the beautiful Gold Shimmer Ribbon. Scoop some up for your stash quick before they sell out. Everyone is loving all the products in the suite.
Ok, are they talented or what? I’m so lucky to have each of them on my WOW Team. Can’t wait for the next swap to see what’s in store. But for now, I promised you a Deck the Halls video and details.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ X 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Night of Navy CS – 4 7/8″ x 4 7/8″ and Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
- Focal Mats – Copper Foil – 2 5/8″ x 3 7/8″ and Night of Navy CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″. On the Night of Navy CS, scatter stamp the speckly image from the Christmas Gleaming set in Celestial Copper ink.
- Accent Band – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 1 3/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS and Copper Foil – one each 2″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames. On the Very Vanilla die cut, stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy.
- Ornaments – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – punch one of the large and one of the small ornaments. In the edges in the cooresponding color.
- Ornament Caps – Copper Foil – scrap – punch the top edge for each one of the ornaments.
- Holiday Rhinestones – three
- Copper Trim – about 10″ – tie two bows
Did you know you can earn WOW Points when you order? Here’s all the details.
Deck the Halls Christmas Card Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I’m back with another card featuring the Christmas Rose bundle. This time I wanted to share with you that the beautiful set is for much more than Christmas. And since my favorite color is yellow, I couldn’t wait to ink up that stamp and take my Stamparatus for a spin.
If this card isn’t bright and cheery, I don’t know what is. Because, the Stamparatus has hinged technology, you can color this gorgeous image in minutes. You don’t need markers or hours of time. The Christmas Rose set is unique. The large line art image is a cling stamp, while all the other images are photopolmer. This makes for easy line up on the Stampartus plates.
I started off with the color palette; Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade and Whisper White. And don’t you just love the texture created with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. That’s one of my favorites.
The cute little pinecones can be colored in by either stamping or with a marker of your choice. I used Crumb Cake on mine.
Because I wanted to mimic the script in the embossing, I chose the greeting from Good Morning Magnolia. I stamped it in Early Espresso and then gave it a quick fussy cut. Here’s how this card came together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Poppy Parade CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Embossed Mat – Daffodil Delight CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
- Christmas Rose – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″; Stamp as follows: Christmas Rose Line art image – Early Espresso, Roses – Daffodil Delight, Foliage – Pear Pizzazz, Berries – Poppy Parade, Pine Cones – Crumb Cake. After die cutting, spritz the image with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 1 1/2″ – stamp the sentiment from Good Morning Magnolia in Early Espresso, fussy cut.
Christmas Rose Thinking of You Product List
I sure hope you enjoyed this and will give the Stamparatus a try. I think you will really enjoy it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Customer Thank You card time again. I am so grateful for each of my customers and followers. My birthday month was fabulous and I want to thank everyone that placed an order. What better set to use for thank you cards, than the Gather Together bundle. And it’s Fall Y’all, so my color palette is a rich one.
My card base is Crumb Cake with a gorgeous embossed mat of Merry Merlot. For my designer series paper, I chose the Woven Threads pattern. I just love the Terracotta Tile accents in that one. Because I topped it off with a piece of our Mercury Glass Designer Acetate, the banner has lots of texture and interest.
My little leaf cluster was created with the stamps and dies from the bundle. Did you know that the dies in the Gathered Leaves set cut and emboss at the same time? I think that’s pretty fabulous.
To achieve that deep embossed pattern, I spritz the card stock with my spritzer filled with Champagne mist, first. Then I placed the dies and ran it through my die cutting machine. Voila, embossed leaves!
Adding a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to the inside of the card gave me another surface to stamp. That gorgeous leaf was stamped in two generations of Mossy Meadow. To finish off the sentiment for my thank you card, I went with Terracotta Tile, tying in the color from the front.
I love how this one turned out. These are in the mail, as I’m writing this blog post. I hope you all enjoy this month’s thank you card. How about a quick video tutorial with a special surprise. I’ll announce the big winner of my Birthday Month Ordering Giveaway. Good luck everyone!
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Crumb Cake CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Merry Merlot CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Layered Leaves 3D Embossing Folder.
- Banner – Woven Threads DSP – 2″ x 5 1/4″ and Mercury Glass – 1 1/2″ x 5″, punch one end of each with the Triple Banner Punch.
- Large Leaf – Mossy Meadow CS – 3″ x 3″, stamp in Mossy Meadow, die cut with the die from Gathered Leaves
- Embossed Leaves – Terracotta Tile CS – 4 1/4″ x 2″, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist, die cut with the three dies from the Gathered Leaves set.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 1/12″, stamp in Mossy Meadow, die cut with the die from Stitched Labels.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the leaf, 2 generations in Mossy Meadow. Stamp the sentiment in Terracotta Tile.
Customer Thank You Card Product List
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Have you heard the news? Christmastime is here, well almost! Stampin’ Up! will launch a new Limited Edition Suite. The Christmastime is Here Suite will be available November 1, 2019. Today, I would love to share my latest fancy fold. I’ll be showcasing the fabulous Christmastime Rose Bundle and the Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper.
The Christmastime is Here Suite includes an array of fabulous exclusive products.
But wait there’s more! The suite includes beautiful papers, ribbon and embellishments. Order the Christmas Rose bundle from me, and I’ll send you a package of the gorgeous Gold Glitter Enamel Dots as a thank you.
Now that you’ve seen all the parts of the suite, let’s get back to my Christmastime is Here Fancy Fold.
The gorgeous rose on the card front was cut from the Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP. Can’t get too much easier than that. No coloring, no stamping, just die cut the image for a dramatic card front.
Because I embossed the gold foil sheet with our Stylish Scroll 3D Embossing Folder, it really made both the rose and the sentiment pop.
Creating and decorating all the folds in the card shows off the gorgeous designer papers. You’ll get 12 sheets in the package, four each of three double-sided designs.
This time I fussy cut another one of the images from the designer paper to dress up the inside of the card. Hope you can see the beautiful gold foiling in the paper.
Creating the folds in the my Christmastime is Here Fancy Fold really is easy and can be done with our new trimmer that will also be available November 1st. Because I’ve created an easy to follow template for you I’ll bet you’ll be creating one of these cards in no time flat.
Here’s our new Paper Trimmer. I just love the blades. I think you will too.
I’ve filmed a video tutorial to show you how easy this fancy fold comes together. Let me know what you think.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – 6″ x 12″, see the template above for cutting and scoring. All the details are also outlined in my video tutorial.
- Front Mat – Gold Foil Sheet – 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Stylish Scroll 3D Embossing Folder.
- Front Rose – Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP – die cut the large rose image with the Roses Die.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2 1/2″, stamp in Cherry Cobbler, die cut with the die from Roses Dies.
- Sentiment Accent – Cherry Cobbler CS – 1 1/2″ x 3 3/”, die cut with the die from Roses Dies.
- Inside Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, stamp the words in Cherry Cobbler and the branches in Old Olive.
- Inside Mats – Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP – two @ 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, four @ 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, four @3 3/4″ x 1 1/4″
- Accents – Sparkle Glimmer Paper – 1 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the dei from Roses Dies.
- Inside Rose Cluster – Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP – fussy cut
I would love to earn your business. Be sure to visit my online store to order the limited edition Christmastime is Here Suite.
Christmastime is Here Fancy Fold Product List
Let me know if you give this one a try. I’ld love to hear all about it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I absolutely love the new Beautiful Friendship stamp set. Sharing a technique is also on the top of my list of things I enjoy. Today, I would love to share the masking technique. Every month I send hand stamped thank you cards to my customers. This was my card for September/October.
WOW, that’s a lot of thank you cards! I have the best customers and appreciate them very much. Because I created so many cards, the Stamparatus was my friend. It was super easy to stamp the largest rose image in the lovely Rococo Rose. Next came the masking technique.
Our Beautiful Friendship stamp set includes all types of floral images and some lovely sentiments. Using first and second generation stamping, I was able to create the rest of the bouquet. For masking, I like to use the Gina K. Designs Masking Magic paper. I get mine on Amazon. It creates a great mask that you can use over and over.
One of my favorite parts of the Beautiful Friendship set is the watercolor look. It’s a photopolymer set too. So that makes it super easy to see through the images and place them exactly where you want them.
Did you notice the texture on the Woven Thread Designer Series Paper. Another technique I can’t seem to get enough of, embossing with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. I can’t wait to share my video tutorial with you. I’ll take you step-by-step through the masking technique and show you how to create this pretty card.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Crumb Cake CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Woven Threads DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″, emboss with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder
- Focal Mat – Terracotta Tile CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Stamped Image – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – Scrap
- Ribbon – Rococo Rose – 6″
Beautiful Friendship Thank You Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you try the masking technique. You’re going to love it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!