Hi guys! Ready to create 11 cards in a snap? Today’s Forever Greenery one sheet wonder was inspired by fellow WOW Team Member, Paula-Kay Bourland. Each month I host a challenge on our team Facebook page and everyone gets a chance to participate. I love seeing everyone’s creations and talents.
What’s a one sheet wonder and how does it work? First of all we all started with the same sketch. Because it makes use of every single inch of your 12×12, you won’t have any waste and will be able to create 11 cards from the one sheet.
Next, everyone got to choose their own paper and design away. Here are the other one sheet wonders created by my very talented team members.
Now you can really appreciate the versatility of that sketch. Do you have a favorite paper? If so, pull it out right now and cut it up. Here’s my take on Paula-Kay’s Forever Greenery one sheet wonder.
Most noteworthy, each of the papers in the Forever Greenery stack is lovely and it’s hard to choose a favoirte. That’s ok, because each one can be used to make an entire stack.
How would you like to win all 11 cards? Yep, that’s right, it’s BLOG CANDY time!!!! All you have to do, to be included in the prize drawing, is leave a comment on this blog post. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. The deadline to comment is Thursday, December 3, 2020. I will pick a winner on Friday the 4th.
But wait, that’s not all! I’ve got a full color PDF for all 11 cards for you. Yep, that’s right, it’s free!! Just click the link below, print it off and follow along on my video tutorial.
Forever Greenery One Sheet Wonder, FREE PDF, Susan Levasseur, WOW NOLA Creations, Stampin’ Up!
Forevery Greenery One Sheet Wonder Product List
Thank you all so much for stopping by. Didn’t Paula-Kay do an awesome job on this challenge? I can’t wait for the next one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The Sliding Gatefold was the perfect fancy fold to showcase some very special paper. I am very happy and proud to annouce my collaboration with Ruth Trice, with Artful Stampin’. Ruth creates the most beautiful one sheet wonders. All you need to create gorgeous papers like this is few stamps, some ink and paper.
Ruth, in my opinion, is the queen of the one sheet wonder. She is a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from the United Kingdom. I began following Ruth on social media and fell in love with her work. Please take a moment to visit and subscribe to her blog and YouTube channel. You’ll thank me later. If you have any trouble locating her, contact me here, and I’ll get you on track.
When I opened my package of lovely one sheet wonders Ruth sent to me, I was drawn to this one straight away. What do you think of the combination of the yellows and blues. It’s one of my favorites.
To be asked to collaborate with Ruth was a thrill. I’ll be highlighting more of her one sheet wonders in the weeks to come. Here are the supplies Ruth used in her stamping.
One Sheet Wonder Product List
Now it’s time to chop up that lovely paper and create something beautiful! By dividing the paper into sections, I was able to create the sliding gatefold.
To open the card and reveal the beauty, just pull the center section to the right. I’ve used the sentiments from the Beauty Abounds set to achieve a cohesive greeting for a special friend.
Flowers for Every Season is a fabulous 6″ x 6″ DSP stack perfect for lots of designs and occasions. I chose the Cinnamon Cider color and pattern to enhance Ruth’s beautiful paper.
Creating my own flowers is another favorite. To create those sweet flowers, I’ve used the Medium Daisy and Perennial Flower punches. Be sure to check out the techniques in my video tutorial below.
Using generational stamping is another technique Ruth uses when creating her one sheet wonders. I incorporated a little of that in my butterfly stamping. Want to learn how to create the sliding gatefold?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″
- Front Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″
- One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, then cut into 3 equals parts @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Panel Mats – Bumblee Bee CS – four @ 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Flowers for Every Season DSP – four @ 5″ x 1 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3″ x 4 1/2″
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 3/4″ x 3″, punch with the Lovely Labels punch. One @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Stamp both sentiments in Cinnamon Cider. Stamp the butterfly in Misty Moonlight.
- Daisies – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 11, punch 6 images with the Medium Daisy punch. Ink the centers in Bumblee Bee and the tips in Misty Moonlight.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, punch 2 images with the Perennial punch.
- In-Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 2 and Cinnamon Cider – 6
Sliding Gateful Product List
I can’t wait to play with another one of Ruth’s beautiful papers. Stay tuned, more coming soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Happy day before Thanksgiving!! So happy you’ve stopped by. I’ve got another fancy fold to share. This time, it’s an interlocking accordion. Showing off all those Brightly Gleaming designer series papers was my #1 priority.
You will need a sheet of 12×12 cardstock to create the interlocking accordion fold. But you know what, that’s not a problem. Did you know that there are assorted packages of 12×12 in all color families? Yep, that’s right. Flip to page 144 of the Annual Catalog. It’s the second item in the left hand column.
Because I wanted an extra special card for both my son and daughter, I’ve really stepped this one up. You can add or delete design details or CASE this one as is to send your own special Christmas card. Are you ready to see the inside.
Don’t be intimidated by the interlocking accordion fold. I promise I’ll break it down for you step by step. There are even two panels for you to add your own handwritten notes.
First of all, to cut the windows and frames, I’ve used the Rectangle Stitched dies.
Are you in love with those papers yet? They were so popular last year, Stampin’ Up! just had to bring them back for an encore. The specialty papers have copper foil accents on one side and great versatile designs on the other. You’ll be using the paper long after the Christmas season.
I know I’ve got lots of visual learners out there, so here is your FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 12″, scored at 4″ and 8″. Cut the framed openings in panel #2 and panel #3 with the 4th largest rectangle stitched die. Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, scored at 1/2″. Cut the open
- Inside Accordion – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 9″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″, and 8 1/4″. One @ 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Front Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ornaments, Leaves, Sentiments – Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 11″. Stamp the ornament and “Merry Christmas” in versa mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder, heat set with heat tool. Stamp the other two sentiments in Pretty Peacock. Punch with the Rectangular Postage Punch. Stamp the holly leaves in Mossy Meadow.
- Sentiment Mat – Mossy Meadow CS – 2″ x 1/2″
- Interlocking Accordion Mats – Pretty Peacock CS – six @ 3″ x 2 1/2″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – pattern #1- two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, pattern #2 – two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Very Vanilla CS – two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Stamp the flourish in Mossy Meadow.
- Frame Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, nest the 2nd and 4th largest rectangle dies in the center of the mat and cut. Two @ 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ – with the center with the 3rd largest rectangle die.
- DSP Inside Panel Mats – Brightly Gleaming DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ribbon – Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible – 10″
- Scalloped Lace Trim – Very Vanilla – 2″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, using the envelope punch board. Punch and score @ 3 3/4″.
Interlocking Accordion Fancy Fold Product List
I would love to hear if you give this one a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! I’ve got an oldie, but goodie for you today. The Christmas Gleaming Variety Bundle is a returning favorite and the 10% discount remains in place. It’s what I’m going to refer to as a mega bundle. Why? Because it’s filled with a 9-piece stamp set, two punches and a fabulous package of specialty designer series paper.
Today’s Christmas card will show off all that copper foiling goodness. The only problem I had, was to make a decision on which papers to use. One is more beautiful than the next.
By stamping the lovely ornament in versa mark, I was able to emboss the image in copper. That gave the card another level of richness. And, it made it super easy to add some additional color with my Night of Navy Stampin’ Blend.
Look at all those yummy layers. To make that ornament pop just a little more, I cut the focal die-cut with one of the dies from Ornate Layers. Is that set on your wish list? Want to get 10% off? You’re in luck. Stampin’ Up! is having a SALE!!
Break out that Annual Catalog! We’ve got a 24-hour sale with very limited items excluded. Click the link below to downlad and view the exclusion list.
2020 Merry & Bright Sale Exclusion List
Save an extra 10% on your favorites or stock up on all those essentials. In the meantime, let me show you more about today’s lovely Christmas Gleaming card.
By embossing my focal mat with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder, I was able to mimic the design in the DSP accent band. That was a happy design accident.
And of course, I couldn’t discard scraps of the DSP. So, I’ve added an accent band on the inside of the card to dress things up. Watch how easy this card comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Accent Band – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 4″ x 2″
- Focal Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – 3″ x 4″ and Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, embossed with the Tin Tile 3D embossing folder.
- Focal Die Cut – Night of Navy CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the die from the Ornate Layers set
- Ornament – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 3″, stamp in versa mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder, heat set with the heat tool. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1/2″ x 3″, stamp the “Merry Christmas” in Night of Navy. Flag both ends of the banner.
- Leaves – Copper Foil – 1″ x 2 1/2″, punch two with the punch from the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Inside Accent Band – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP – 1″ x 5 1/4″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla – Stamp in Night of Navy.
- Ribbon – Metallic Combo – Cooper – approximately 6″
Christmas Gleaming Product List
Wait until you see the second card I’ve created with this set. Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! Join me to create, beautiful, quick and easy Christmas cards with the Wonder of the Season Memories and More card pack, cards and envelopes. We will create 20 cards, two of each design. Not only that, you’ll have supplies left over to create more cards or scrapbook pages.
The Memories & More Card Pack is filled with 48 double-sided cards along with 12 specialty cards with gold foil.
Because I’ve designed the cards with NO stamping involved, you’ll be knocking these out in no time flat. You’ll need minimal supplies to complete the cards as I’ve designed them. I would very much appreicate you shopping my online store.
Wonder of the Season Memories & More Christmas Cards Product List
As a little thank you, I’ve prepared a FREE full-color PDF so that you can create all 20 cards. The PDF is detailed, so I’ve had to break it into two parts. Be sure to click both links to download the entire PDF.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Wonder of the Season Christmas Cards, FREE PDF, Part 1 of 2
Wonder of the Season Christmas Cards, FREE PDF, Part 2 of 2
Creating a video tutorial was my pleasure. Hope this helps all my visual learners out there.
Have fun creating a big batch of these Christmas cards. I’m sure your family and friends will love them. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful.
Are you ready to get in the Christmas spirit? I think today’s snowflake shaker card will help you get there. The wintery blues in the Snowflake Splendor DSP gave this card a cool, crisp look.
Stampin’ Up! thought of it all by adding the large die that will cut out your shaker window. To add even more interest and dimension to my snowflake shaker, I’ve added in some of the Snowflake Sequins. That’s a returning favorite from last year. Whoop, whoop!!
Because I’ve added just the perfect amount of Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper, the card has lots of sparkle and shimmer. Be sure to add a couple of packs to your next order.
Wrapped in Christmas is another fabulous set, filled with great sentiments. This one was super easy to stamp in Balmy Blue and punch out with a 1 1/2″ circle punch.
Finally, I embossed the die-cut mat with the new Winter Snow embossing folder. Gotta love all the product coordination.
To complete the snowflake shaker, I’ve added a greeting and even more snowflakes on the inside. You can stamp as little or as much as you like to make this card super special.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Coastal Cabana CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″. Cut the large snowflake image in one of the mats with the large die fro the So Many Snowflakes set. Once cut, emboss with the Winter Snow embossing folder.
- DSP Mat – Snowflake Splendor DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5
- Snowflake Shaker Window – Window Sheet – 3 1/2″ x 5″
- Scallop Circle & Snowflakes – Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper – 3″ x 4″- Cut the scallop circle with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Cut the snowflakes with the dies from the So Many Snowflakes set.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, stamp the senitment in Balmy Blue, punch with the 1 1/2″ circle punch.
- Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems – 1 large and 2 small
- Snowflake Sequines – aobut 1 teaspoon
- Pearls – white, 3 small
Snowflake Shaker Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!