Whose ready for another happy card? You can’t help but smile and be happy when you stamp with the Bloom by Bloom set. The images are bold, easy to stamp and make the perfect backgrounds.
Be sure to check out the backer boards on your DSP packs. There you will find a list of all the coordinating colors. That’s a good place to start when choosing a color palette. For this card, I used Whisper White, Call Me Clover, Calypso Coral and Night of Navy.
The large floral image made the perfect focal image for this card. Yes, I did have to fussy cut it, but really it was quick and easy. To dress up the sides of the DSP, I used the border die in the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. That little die is worth it’s weight in gold.
Using my Dark Pineapple Punch Blend, I colored the pearls to highlight the top of the flower. Pretty cute, if I say so myself. And that gorgeous Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon tied everything together in more ways than one.
The Bloom by Bloom set doesn’t have any sentiments. So, I went to the Strong & Beautiful set to gather those. To finish off the inside of the card I stamped the greeting and another flower, this one smaller than the focal flower.
I featured this card in a Facebook Live. I would love to have you join in the fun next time. Be sure to like and follow my page. Who knows, maybe you could win a prize. I go Live on Sunday evenings at 7pm (CST).
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Call Me Clover CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, scatter stamp, different images from the set, in Call Me Clover.
- Focal Mat – Calypso Coral CS – 4″ x 3″
- DSP Mat – Happiness Blooms DSP – 3 3/4″ x 2 1/2″
- Scallop Borders – Whisper White CS – two @1″ x 6″
- Focal Flower – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the stem in Call Me Clover and the flower in Calypso Coral.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS 1″ x 4″, stamp in Night of Navy and trim with snips.
- Pearls – color three small with the Dark Pineapple Punch Blend
- Night of Navy Gingham Ribbon – one piece at 6″, one piece at 4″
- Inside the card – stamp the sentiment in Night of Navy, the flower top in Calypso Coral and the leaves in Call Me Clover.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
It’s all about the techniques in this quick and easy card. Break out your Stamparatus and I’ll show you some hinge stamping. That’s the perfect technique to achieve straight and perfect multi-stamping. The sentiment comes from our Accented Blooms set. Center the stamp with the first hinge and you’re all set to go. After that the hinges do all the work. Don’t worry, I’ve got a video tutorial below to show this technique step by step.
Technique #2 is my custom made designer series paper. In the focal image you’ll notice the lovely specialty paper. I created that one with a sheet of our Delightfully Detailed Laser Cut Paper. I’ve got a video here to teach you how to create you own designer paper.
Technique #3 is the all about the ribbon. First, I did use a 5″ piece of our Granny Apple Green 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon to wrap around the mats. Then, I cut one of the white edges off a 4″ piece of the same ribbon. I pulled some of the fibers, tied them into a single knot and voila, I’ve got wispy fibers to accent my flower. By the way, the flower was punched from the custom created DSP and inked in Coastal Cabana.
I hope you can see all the shimmer on the green leafy sprigs that accentuate the flower. That shimmer is created with a new product coming in our Holiday Catalog. It’s our new Shimmer Paints. For this technique I put four drops of our Champagne Mist in a Stampin’ Mister and filled the mister with 70% rubbing alcohol. Give it a good shake and spritz away. The shimmer and shine will WOW you. But beware, this technique is a little addicting!
I promised a FREE video tutorial for this quick and easy technique based card. And here it is.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Coastal Cabana CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Stamped Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5″ x 3 3/4″, hinge stamped in Granny Apple Green with the stamp from Accented Blooms.
- Focal – Granny Apple Green CS – 1 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ and Specialty Created DSP – 1 1/2″ x 4 3/4″
- Flower – Specialty Created DSP – 4″ x 1 3/4″, much 5 images with the Blossom Builder punch, ink the edges in Coastal Cabana
- Leaf Sprigs – Granny Apple Green CS – 4 1/4″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from Stitched Seasons
- Flower Center – Scraps from the leaf sprigs, cut with the die from Flourish Thinlits.
- Flower Base – Very Vanilla CS – punch one 3/4″ circle
- Ribbon – 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon in Granny Apple Green – 9″
- Faceted Dots – One large black
I would appreciate you shopping my online store for any supplies you might need for this project.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Hello Everyone and Welcome! Today’s card features the Healing Hugs stamp set. I am very excited to share this project with you. It’s my swap card for the Stampin’ Up! Alaska Cruise. I can’t wait to see all the other cards in the swap. I’ll share those with you when I return from this exciting event.
Be sure to check out the Healing Hugs stamp set and all the beautiful samples on page 110 of our Annual Catalog. This set features Stampin’ Up!’s DistINKive technology. It takes away all the fear of two and three step stamping. Be sure to check out my video here. I’ll show you how you can achieve the two tone look and a little rock and roll action on the leaves.
I think you all know me by now, at least I hope so. I LOVE layers and texture in my projects. This one is no different. The fabulous background texture was created with our new Tufted 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. It’s fast becoming one of my favorites.
That gorgeous designer series paper is Petal Promenade. Oh my, one side is even more lovely than the other. The color combination I used for this card is Sahara Sand, Fresh Fig, and Petal Pink. Yummy, right? And guess what, those colors can all be found in the DSP. I love to finish the inside of my cards as well. And I just couldn’t resist stamping that gorgeous rose one more time.
That detailed accent piece, cut from Fresh Fig CS, is from the Delicate Lace Edgelits. That one may be easy to miss because it’s not featured in any of the bundles or stamp sets. It’s all by itself under the Big Shot die section of the catalog on page 217.
Want to try your hand at this one? Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base: Sahara Sand CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat: Petal Pink CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tufted TEIF
- Mats: Fresh Fig CS – one @ $” x 3″, one @3″ x 2″ and one @ 2″ x2″
- Layering Mats: Petal Promenade DSP – one @ 3 7/8″ x 2 7/8″, one @ 2 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ and Sahara Sand CS – one @ 1 7/8″ x 1 7/8″ embossed with the Layering Leaves TEIF.
- Rose and Leaves: Whisper White CS – 3″ x 7″
- Sentiment: Petal Pink CS – 2 3/4″ x 1 3/4″, cut with the Layering Ovals and Sahara Sand CS 3″ x 2″, cut with the Layering Ovals.
- Accent Trim: Fresh Fig CS – 6 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut with the edgelit from Delicate Lace Edgelits.
- Inside Mat: Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamp the rose and leaves and shown in the video above.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the small piece of Sahara Sand CS and cut with the layering ovals die. Ink the edges in Fresh Fig.
- Stamp the sentiment on the inside mat and one rose in the lower right hand corner.
- Pop the sentiment to the scallop oval.
- Wet glue all the mats to each other.
- Wet glue the embossed mat to the card front.
- Adhere the accent die cut to the right side of the largest layering mat. Trim as needed.
- Adhere the leaves to the flowers. Accent both the rose and leaves with the Clear Wink of Stella. Pop the rose to the smaller mat.
- Adhere the largest of the 3 layering mats to the card front. Adhere the rectangular mat to the card front. Pop the square mat with the rose to the card front.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Adhere 3 Metallic Gold pearls to the card front.
As always, I would very much appreciate you shopping in my online store for any of the supplies you need to create this project.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!