What? Pearlized Paper Technique, you say. Yep, that’s right. This technique junkie is about to teach you a quick and easy technique with your Frost White Shimmer Paint. Oh, and did I mention you are about to fall in love with the Sand & Sea Suite?
Did I get your attention yet? I love techniques that pack the WOW factor with minimal effort and supplies. This one does just that.
The Soft Sea Foam card stock now has a pearlized shimmer finish. It’s easy, grab a piece, sponge the Frost White Shimmer Paint on the surface. That’s it! Then, you’ll want to texturize it with the new Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. Why? Because it’s just too beautiful and it has a die to match!
I wanted to step it up a notch, of course. Because I used our fabulous new Blending Brushes, I was able to enhance the shells with Blushing Bride ink. Beautiful, right?
My sentiment is stamped in Blushing Bride and cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. And that pretty sand dollar, was stamped in Sahara Sand on a piece of the Pearlescent Specialty Paper in the suite.
I’ve even added some of the Frost White Shimmer Paint to the small seashells and grassy images. That little pot of goodness is going to land on lots of upcoming projects.
I can’t wait to send this card to a special friend for her birthday. The Friends are Like Seashells stamp set has a variety of sentiments along with all those gorgeous shells.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Blushing Bride CS – 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Embossed Mat – Soft Sea Foam CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Sentiment – Basic White CS – 2″ x 3″, stamped in Blushing Bride, cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set.
- Stamped Images – Basic White CS – 2″ x 7″, stamped the leaf images in Soft Sea Foam, the shells in Blushing Bride and 2nd generation Soft Sea Foam. Cut with the dies from the Seaside Seashells set
- Sand Dollar – Pearlescent Specialty Paper – 2″ x 2″, stamped in Sahara Sand, cut with the die from the Seaside Seashells set
- Envelope – Basic White
- Whisper White Tulle Ribbon – 5 1/2″
- Pearls – 3 medium
Pearlized Paper Technique Product List
Which color combination will you try first? I can’t wait to cut up some squares and experiment. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Not one, but two fancy folds in one! I’m calling this my double fancy fold. It’s a slide & lock and floating gatefold in one card. And there’s even more good news. Beginning February 2, 2021, all my customers can order, both the Hey Chick and Hey Birthday Chick bundles. Yep, there will be dies available for both. And you can save 10% when ordering.
I just couldn’t help myself. I had to create an over the top, double fancy fold to showcase these two new bundles. Do you recognize this super cute stamp set? Yep, the Hey Chick Stamp set was a 2017 Sale-A-Bration set. But now it’s back and with new friends to boot.
Because Stampin’ Up! wanted to make this come back even better, they are introducing a set of coordinating dies.
Chick Dies, coordinates with Hey Chick Stamp Set. Purchase the bundle, #158627 and save 10%
Ready to see the three new friends and their set of coordinating dies? This one is all about birthdays.
Birthday Chick Dies, coordinates with Hey Birthday Chick Stamp Set. Purchase the bundle, #158631 and save 10%.
By including elements from both bundles, I was able to create this unique double fancy fold.
Okay, if you aren’t smiling really big right now, I find that difficult to believe. These little chickens just make me happy. Can’t you see lots of little “scene cards” created with these sets. Just to give you another idea, here’s one that the Stampin’ Up! artists created. It’s a super cute slim line.
Ready to dive in, to see how my card came together? Sit back, relax and enjoy. First things, first, to see what’s inside, all you have to do is slide the focal image from the center of the gatefold. Can’t get any easier than that.
Open it up to unveil the floating panels on the inside. There you could include sentiments or some of the other little chicken friends.
I’ve used the All Wired Up set for the outer panels just to give you some options when you are creating one of these for yourself.
What do you think of those cornstalks? Did you notice they are also embossed? The die will create that for you when you cut the image.
The double fancy fold is closed up easily by sliding the focal image onto the gatefold doors. I hope you think about adding the new bundles to your stash. Here I’ve got a video tutorial and downloadable PDF for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Be sure to download my FREE full-color PDF for today’s project.
Hey Chick Double Fancy Fold PDF
Double Fancy Fold Product List
Available beginning 2/2/21 – Hey Chick Bundle #158627 – $44 and Hey Birthday Chick Bundle #158631 – $43
Let me know if you give this one a try. I hope you enjoy it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Let’s start with Happy Thoughts. Did you know that one positive thought, in the morning, can change your entire day. Why not share that with someone special? Today’s project is filled with a trio of Happy Thought cards for three different occasions.
It was exciting to see a new greeting set in the Jan-June Mini Catalog. Not only does the Happy Thought set contain great greetings for the outside of your cards, but those special little sentiments for the inside as well. Let’s start things off with the sweet thinking of you card.
The color palette for this and the other two cards in today’s cardmaking lesson is filled with Night of Navy, Rococo Rose, Seaside Spray, Soft Seafoam, Old Olive and Whisper White. Needless to say, you’ll find all those yummy colors in the Paper Blooms DSP. You can earn this 12″ x 12″ paper stack for FREE with a qualifying order. Don’t wait though, Sale-a-Bration ends February 28, 2021.
To create the focal mat, I cut three 1″ x 4″ strips, keeping them in a continuous pattern.
Because I spritzed and crumpled the small bloom images, I was able to create a texture filled little embellishment.
Then I chose one of the coordinating greetings for the inside of the card. I can’t wait to send this card to someone on my list. Next up, a thank you card, because I always need those.
In this card, I’ll teach you a little tip on the Rococo Rose scalloped ribbon. I love that stuff.
You’ll fall in love with the dies in the Perennial Petals Die set. There are 23 dies in the set. But don’t forget to purchase the bundle and save 10%.
I love the greeting on this one. The mix of the fonts is so on trend. Well, it’s January, so that means we need to restock our birthday card stash.
I think you could send this Happy Thoughts card to almost anyone on your list. It’s fun, fresh, bright and oh so happy!!
I’m lovin’ all the texture and interest on this one. What do you think?
Ready to see how easy these come together? Well, not only do I have a FREE video tutorial for you, but a downloadable PDF as well. Right under the video, just click the link.
Happy Thoughts PDF – click the link below to download
Happy Thoughts Trio
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store for any of the supplies you need to complete today’s project. If you purchase the Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine by January 31, 2021, your name will be entered in my prize drawing. Be sure to use my host code, VBU6WHSE.What am I giving away? On February 1, 2021, I’ll draw the luck winner for a full size Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine. Woohoo!!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
We have another family birthday this month. This time, one of my wonderful sisters. It was soooo easy to create the floating & fluttering birthday card for her. Why? Kathy’s favorite color is purple and she loves butterflies. My sister has a heart of gold, is the life of the party and loves to create. Here she is doing just that with one of her good friends, Darlene.
Did I mention she also bails me out on numerous occasions. I’m so lucky, she helps me out cutting classes, sorting all those bits and coming to my rescue during our annual community service project. I can always count on her.
Time to celebrate her birthday with a beautiful card. As soon as I saw the new Floating & Fluttering set, I knew I would use it to create Kathy’s card.
Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Whisper White and Mossy Meadow made up the color palette for her floating & fluttering birthday card. Remember she LOVES purple.
Using my Stamparatus made creating this card a lot easier. I needed lots of butterflies to make the card extra special.
Because I used a bit of Press and Seal to position the butterflies, it was easy to create a floating effect on the card. Not sure how to do that? Well, you know I’m not going to leave you hanging. I’ll show you how to do that in the today’s video. But first, the inside of the card has to be as pretty as the outside.
Well, what do you think? Will Kathy love her floating & fluttering birthday card? I even dressed up the envelope extra special.
Ready to learn some tips, tricks and techniques? I’ve got a few for you in today’s card class.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Gorgeous Grape CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Mat – Mossy Meadow CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Focal Mat – Highland Heather CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – five @ 3″ x 3 1/2″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″
- Small Leaf Sets – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″
- Technique Butterfly – Gorgeous Grape CS – 2″ x 2″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Gold Leaf Accents – Forever Gold Specialty DSP
- Stencil – Forever Gold Specialty DSP
- Pastel Pearls – two in Purple Posy and one in Highland Heather
- Ribbon – Sheer Gorgeous Grape – 6″
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment
Items that will be available beginning January 5th.
- Floating & Fluttering Bundle – #156239
- Happy Thoughts Samp Set – #154507
- Pastel Pearls – #154570
- Gorgeous Grape Sheet Ribbon – #154572
- Gilded Leafing Embellishment – #154560
- Blending Brushes – #153611
- Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine – #150673
Floating & Fluttering Birthday Card Product List
If you would like a chance to win the BIG Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine, check out my post here, for all the details. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Today’s card is extra special. It’s for my Dad’s 90th birthday. He loves all the cards I create for him, but he really enjoys the fancy folds. My Dad still works on the farm, has a heart of gold, is faith filled and definitely the leader in the family. He is fun-loving, a social butterfly and cooks for the masses. He is a sweetheart, very giving and loves my Mom to the moon. They’ve been married 68 years.
When I give him his 90th birthday card, I hope to see a smile just like this one. This photo was taken on his 80th. We definitely need to take one on January 3rd to celebrate his special day.
The four-panel fancy fold is easy but gives you lots of paper crafting real estate to add lots of sentiments and/or embellishments. I had so much to say, I needed all that room to relay all those feelings.
Did you notice the World of Good Specialty DSP on page 25 of the Annual Catalog? It’s the perfect paper stack for masculine cards.
A 90th birthday celebration wouldn’t be complete without lots of glitz and shine. Bringing in lots of our Brass Foil paper added that vibe to his card.
By stamping the globe in versa mark I was able to emboss it. Then coloring it with a wash of Misty Moonlight it added a very realistic look to the ocean water.
Now this sentiment was just so perfect, I had to include it. You can get the set, Approaching Perfection during the Sale-a-Bration promotion beginning January 5th. You can earn it for FREE with a qualifying order.
So what do you think? Will dad love it? I sure do hope it makes him feel as special as he is. Be sure to leave a comment on my YouTube Video for a chance to win one of these cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″, turn and with the 1/4″ scoreline at the top, score at 5/8″ down to the 7 1/4″ scoreline. Cut off the 5/8″ score. For the card base, also cut one piece at 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Mats – Misty Moonlight CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″; two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 11/16″; one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DPS Mats – World of Good Specialty DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″; two @ 3″ x 4 1/2″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Banners – World of Good Specialty DSP – one @ 1 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 2″ x 5″, punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Scallop Squares – Brass Foil – one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 2″ x 2″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ cut with the dies from the Layering Squares set.
- Scallop Oval – Brass Foil – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the dies from the Layering sets listed above.
- Globe – Brass Foil – 2″ x 2″ cut with the die from the World Map set
- Globe Stand – Brass Foil – 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the World Map set
- Beaded Strips – Brass Foil two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Field Tiles set
- Stamped Globe – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, stamped in versa mark and embossed with black embossing powder. Heat set with the heat tool. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
90th Birthday 4-Panel Fancy Fold Product List
Here’s wishing my Dad a very Happy 90th birthday and many more!!! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Do you love the vintage curvy look? How about creating handmade flowers? What about techniques? Are you a technique junky? If you’ve answered yes to all or any of these questions, I think you will enjoy today’s vintage quite curvy birthday card.
My Mom will be 87 years young next month. I’ll be giving her this card for that special day. I hope she will enjoy the soft colors, the serene feeling, all the texture and interest. But, most of all that I love her and created it for her. Stampin’ Up! will release the Quite Curvy Bundle, November 3, 2020. Because I used one of the dies, I was able to create those lovely detailed curves. Here’s a sneak peek at the bundle.
The bundle, #156228, includes a 12-piece photopolymer stamp set and 10-piece die set. When the bundle goes live, you can also decide if you would like the entire Quite Curvy Variety Bundle, #158396. By ordering that one, you will also receive the Curvy Christmas stamp set and the Classic Christmas DSP. Now that you have all the scoop on the bundles, let’s get back to today’s card.
One of my favorite things to do is to create my own handmade flowers. Can you believe it? I’ve used the Poinsettia Dies to create both the large and all the small flowers. I’ve cut them from Whisper White card stock, but also added some inking and flower shaping to achieve the vintage look.
Did you notice the sparkly background? I really wanted to enhance the vintage curvy look by adding some lucious texture. It’s easy! Break out your Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Basic Pattern Decorative Masks and your palette knife. You’ll be “buttering up” your card stock and wondering why you waited so long to have this much fun.
Peeking through this vintage curvy detail, did you spy that beautiful designer series paper? Guess what? It’s on sale until October 31st. There are 14 other packages on sale as well. Check out all the details here.
For my vintage curvy birthday card, I wanted to be sure to leave enough room to write a message to Mom. Because I used that fabulous curvy leaf stamp, I was able to nestle my sentiment up close, enhancing them both! Sit back, relax, I hope you will take a few minutes to enjoy my video tutorial. In this free class, I’ll highlight the flower shaping, tricks on using the curvy dies and of course that glorious sparkly background.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Petal Pink CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, score at 5 1/2″
- Mats – Gray Granite CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Peony Garden DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Curved Mats – Whisper White CS – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 2″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Curved Mats – Peony Garden DSP – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 2″ x 3 3/4″
- NOTE: To create the curves, reference the video for details and cut with the Quite Curvy die. Top curve, measure right side @ 1 1/2″ and on the left edge of the die at the bottom. Bottom curve, measure right side @ 1 1/2″ and left side a@ 1/2″
- Flowers – Whisper White CS – 7″ x 3 1/2″ for the large flower, cut one large, 2 medium and 2 small images with the dies from the Poinsettia die set. Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut 10 small flowr images with the dies from the Poinsettia die set.
- Leaves – Soft Sea Foam CS – 3 3/4″ x 4″, cut 3 large and 3 small leaf images with the dies from the Christmas Cardinal die set.
- Sprigs – Petal Pink CS – 1 1/2″ x 5″, cut two images with the die from the Poinsettia die set.
- Swirls – Gray Granite CS – two @ 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the dies from the Christmas Cardinal die set.
- Bird – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 2″, stamped in Gray Granite, colored with the Dark Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam Stampin’ Blends. Die cut with the die from the Quite Curvy die set.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Pearls – 5 large, 24 small
- Beaded Pearls – 1
- Elegant Faceted Gems – 3 petal pink
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon – 5″
Vintage Curvy Birthday Card Product List
Did you enjoy today’s card? I know I really had fun creating it. I’ll be breaking out my embossing paste more often for sure!! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!