What’s better than a happy card? Well, a happy card with a sweet strawberry shortcake treat for sure. Stampin’ Up! Sweet Strawberry bundle is super cute and happy. In today’s paper crafting lesson, I’ll give you some tips and tricks on the punch. Not only that we will also be using FREE Sale-a-Bration items. Product coordination is Stampin’ Up!’s strong point. And they didn’t disappoint us with this one.
Hope you are smiling right now, cause I sure am. The happy colors and realistic images bring all things Spring to mind. And I don’t know about you, but I think I’m ready for Spring and that New Beginning state of mind. Let’s create a sweet strawberry shortcake treat.
Our color palette for today includes the very rich Poppy Parade, the happy Granny Apple Green and the rich Bumblebee.
I’m lovin’ the font in the Sweet Strawberry set. The mix of the fun script and the bold print is so on trend.
It’s a great size box and perfect for your Little Debbie Strawberry Shortcake Roll. With just a little easy scoring and folding you’ll be able to create these for lots of family and friends.
I’ve even finished off the inside to make the treat special. Here’s what you’ll want to pick up at the grocery store to fill you treat box.
If you’re not sure where to find the treats, just log into the Little Debbie website and there you will find a store locator. Ready to learn some tips and tricks with our new Strawberry Builder Punch?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Treat Box – Poppy Parade CS – 6 1/2″ x 7″, on the 7″ side score @ 1/2″, 2 1/2″, 3 3/4″ and 5 3/4″. On the 6 1/2″ side score each end @ 1 1/4″.Trim the box as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mats – Granny Apple Green CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 1 3/4″, two @ 3 3/4″ x 1″, and two @ 1 3/4″ x 1″
- DSP Mats – Berry Delightful DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, two @ 3 1/2″ x 3/4″, and two @ 1 1/2″ x 3/4″
- Sentiments – Basic White CS – one @ 1/2″ x 3″ and one @ 1 3/4″ x 4″, cut with the die from the Stitched Rectangles set.
- Flowers & Berry – Basic White CS – flowers 1″ x 3 1/4″, stem 1 1/2″ x 2″ and berry 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″.
- Pearls – two
- Ribbon – Bumblebee Gingham – 8″
Strawberry Shortcake Treat Box Product List
Hope you thought that was a lot of fun. I can’t wait to gift mine. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Sometimes you just need a little happy. Rainbow Glimmer paper to the rescue. It’s a little marriage made in heaven; the fun, bright and happy rainbow glimmer paper and the Ridiculously Awesome stamp set. This little gift set is the perfect “happy” to brighten someone’s day. Who wouldn’t love glimmer paper in hues of Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness and Mango Melody?
My grandkids are going to love this fun, happy and bright treat. I’m going to fill the little treat box with their favorite chocolates. I making mine a going back to school, after the holidays kinda treat.
By using the Sunflowers Dies, you can select any section of the Rainbow Glimmer paper for your sunflower background. That’s what gives the each of the sunflowers a different look. But, I think they are both beautiful.
Because I paired the paper with the Ridicuously Awesome stamp set, I was able to convey my message of love and sunshine and happiness with my kiddos.
The Rainbow Glimmer paper coordinates perfectly with the Artistry Blooms DSP. Talk about vibrant colors and bright designs. Check it out on page 148 of the Annual Catalog.
I couldn’t discard even a smidge of the glimmer paper, so I’ve formed a little grid to dress up the inside of my card. On to that sweet little treat box.
This is one of the easiest little treat boxes ever!! The finished box is 4″ x 3″ x 2″, big enough to fill with lots of treats. Start that assembly line and crank out a batch to share with friends, family and of course those kiddos in your life.
By using the Rainbow Glimmer paper on both the handle and bellyband it ties together nicely with the sunflower card. And I little bit goes a long way!
The “You are my Sunshine” sentiment is dear to my heart. A truly Louisiana classic, I used to sing that one to both of my kids growing up. Time to share that with my grandkids in some way.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Sunshine Card
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Mat – Granny Apple Green CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Artistry Blooms DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sunflower – Rainbow Glimmer Paper – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ and Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Sunflowers die set.
- Leaves – Rainbow Glimmer Paper – 2″ x 2 1/2″ and Sprigs – 3 1/2″ x 2″
- Sentiment – Granny Apple Green CS – 1 1/8″ x 3 3/4″ and Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Inside Accent Grid – Glimmer Paper – 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ and 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
Ready to create that little treat box?
- Box – Thick Whisper White CS – 8″ x 8″, scored @ 3″ and 5″, turn and score @ 2″ and 6″. Trim as shown in the video.
- Mats – Granny Apple Green CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and two @ 1 3/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- DSP Mats – Artistry Blooms DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and two @ 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″
- Handle – Granny Apple Green CS – 3/4″ x 11″ and Glimmer Paper – 1/2″ X 11″
- Bellyband – Glimmer Paper – 1″ x 12″
- Scallop Oval – Mango Melody CS – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from Layering Ovals
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, stamped in Granny Apple Green and cut with the die from Layering Ovals
- Circles – Granny Apple Green CS – two 1″ circles
Rainbow Glimmer Paper Card & Treat Box Product List
Let me know if you give this one a try. I’ll bet you’ll make someone smile! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
I am so excited to share my Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament for 2020. This is one of my favorite projects of the year to design. When I saw the Peaceful Nativity Bundle in the Aug-Dec Mini Catalog, I knew that I would be creating a manger inspired ornament. If you would like to start this tradition or carry on from previous years, I invite you to sit back, relax and watch as I create a lovely reason for the season keepsake ornament.
To start things off, I want to alert you that the Nativity Dies will go on sale beginning December 8th. So, if you’ve fallen in love with my Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament and don’t have the dies yet, pick them up during the sale. Okay, with that said, let’s get back to Creating Something Beautiful!
To create the manger, it took a little math, but no worries, I’ve done all that for you. Once I fugured out the structure, the rest was pretty easy. A little stamping and die cutting and you’ll be on your way.
Because I used our fabulous watercolor pencils for my coloring medium, I achieved a nice soft look on all my figures to place inside the manger.
The “straw floor” was created with snippets of raffia. That’s just a suggestion on my part. I think it gave the scene a rustic, realistic look.
Thank you all for following my blog, supporting my online store and website and subscribing to my YouTube Channel. I wanted to give you all a little gift of appreciation. If you are ready to create my Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament for your tree or a gift for a special someone, download the FREE PDF below. Merry Christmas.
Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament – FREE PDF
Not only that, I’ve recorded a video tutorial for all my visual learners. But, I have to say, viewing the video will be helpful when constructing the ornament.
Peaceful Nativity Keepsake Ornament Supply List
Thank you all so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
So excited to unveil our 2020 Riverbend Nursing Home Poinsettia Christmas Ornament. This will be our 8th year creating handmade Christmas ornaments for each of the residents. I’ve made it simple and elegant in hopes that others would copy and share with nursing homes all over the country; maybe even the world! It’s been such a difficult year for everone. But nursing homes, in my opinion, had the worse of it. Let’s spread some joy!
Because I used the Poinsettia Dies to cut that gorgeous bloom, it was very easy to create lots of dimension. Did you notice how sparkly it is? I spritzed it with Champagne Shimmer Mist. By doing so, it also helps the flower keep it’s shape. Not only that, you can emboss the petals in one pass on your die cutting machine.
Stampin’ Up’s! new Celebration Labels made the perfect backdrop. Embossing it with the Parisian 3D embossing folder gave it some depth and richness.
To cover up and secure my ribbon hanger, I cut the smallest die in the set and glued it in place. After I receive the roster from Riverbend, I will create a file with the names and punch them out with a 1 1/2″ circle punch. That way each resident will have their very own personalized gift from us. Next, it was time to make our Poinsettia Christmas Ornament even more special. We needed to create some festive packaging. The gold mini pizza boxes in the annual catalog did the trick.
Looks like the box was made for the ornament. And the best part, no gluing and the boxes are all cut and scored for you.
I needed a way to package the Christmas card with the Poinsettia Christmas Ornament and have them secure during the quarantine process. Creating a bag topper was quick and easy. The cello bags were ordered from Amazon, here.
Would you like to participate in our service project? We are in need of a few Christmas cards. If you’re interested, please send your handmade cards to Susan Levasseur, 105 Riverview Drive, Belle Chasse, LA 70037 by November 24, 2020. Write an uplifting message on the inside and be sure to sign it before placing it in an unsealed envelope. They would love to hear where you are from as well.
How about starting your own service ripple. I’ve even filmed a video tutorial, filled with tips and tricks to make the process easy.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Ornament Base – Bumblebee CS – 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the second to smallest die from the Celebration Labels die set. Emboss with the Parsian 3D Embossing Folder.
- Poinsettia – Real Red CS – 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set. Spritz with the Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Leaves – Shaded Spruce CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the dies from the Poinsettia set.
- Sprigs – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4, cut with the die from the Poinsettia set.
- Silver Sprigs – Silver Foil Paper – two images punched with the Sprig Punch.
- Back Ornament Label – Real Red CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, cut with the smallest label die from the Celebration Labels die set.
- Beaded Pearl – 1
- Silver Metallic Ribbon – 8″
Presentation Box and Topper
- Box – Gold Mini Pizza Box
- Mat – Shaded Spruce – 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Toile Tidings DSP – 3″ x 3″
- Flower – Real Red CS – punch one flower with the Small Bloom punch
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – punch one label with the Rectangula Postage punch. Stamped in Shaded Spruce with the stamp from the Wrapped in Christmas set.
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots – 1 large
- Bag – from Amazon 6″ x 8″ Cello Bag
- Topper – Real Red CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 2 1/8″
- DSP Mat – Toile Christmas DSP – 5″ x 1 3/4″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1″ x 3 1/2″, stamped in Shaded Spruce with the stamp from Poinsettia Petals set.
Poinsettia Christmas Ornament Product List
Even though I couldn’t invite the masses to my house this year to create, I had a lovely group of my WOW Club Members step up and help me complete the 120 ornaments. Why not start your own group and spread the Christmas spirit. I would love to hear about it. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Time for the Fall Y’all finale’. I’m over the moon excited to share my Fall Y’all Frame with you guys. Wouldn’t this look super cute on your holiday tablescape. It would also make a great little hostess gift. I’ll be giving one to my daugther for her desk at school. I think the kids will get a kick out of it.
First up, I know you’re asking THE question. Where did you get the frame? Well, believe it or not, my local Dollar General. Yep, and it was only $3. It’s a 5″ x 7″ frame and I love the barnwood look. If that’s not Fall Y’all, I don’t know what is.
Creating my lettering was a breeze with the Playful Alphabet die set. First, I backed my Basic Black card stock with our adhesive sheets to create alphabet stickers. No messy glue and very forgiving as you are planning the perfect placement.
All the dimension and stitching created by the dies made this project super special. The stitched leaves die set is a must have. It’s a very unique set, that can be purchased as a bundle. That will save you 10%. Because the stamp set is photopolymer, you’ll achieve fabulous distressed fall images with each stamping.
Our fantastic focal image was created, yet again, with the Celebration Labels die set. Be sure to check out day #1 and day #2 in the Fall Y’all series. You’ll fast discover you’ve got to have these dies in your crafting stash.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Frame – 5″ x 7″ – Dollar General
- Mat – Cherry Cobbler CS – 5″ x 7″
- Focal – Mango Melody CS – 5 1/2″ x 7″, cut with the largest die from the Celebration Tidings die set. Plaid Tidings DSP – 4 1/4″ x 6″, cut with the second largest die from the Celebration Tidings die set.
- Pumpkins – Mango Melody CS – one @ 3 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, cut three ovals with the layering ovals die set. Mango Melody CS – one @ 3 1/2″ x 2″ and Cajun Craze CS – 3 1/2″ x 1 3/4″, cut the dies from the Autumn Essentials set.
- Letters – Basic Black CS – 3″ x 3 1/2″, back with adhesive sheet, cut with the Playful Alphabet dies.
- Stalks – Cinnamon Cider CS – 5″ x 3″, cut with the dies from the Autumn Essentials set.
- Leaves – Cinnamon Cider CS – two @ 3″ x 3″. Mango Melody CS – one @ 2 1/4″ x 3″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 1 1/4″. Cajun Craze CS – 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″. Cherry Cobbler CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″. Pretty Peacock CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″. Die cut the images with the dies from the Stitched Leaves set. Brushed Metallic CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, punch the images with the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Acorns – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/2″ x 2″. Stamp the outline in Early Espresso, the cap in Crumb Cake and the bottom in Cajun Craze. Punch the image with the corresponding punch.
- Tall Pumpkin Leaves and Stem – Using the Apple Builder Punch, punch the needed images from the scrape above.
- Bow – Copper Ribbon – two loop bow, about 18″
Fall Y’all Frame Product List
Did you enjoy Fall Y’all week? I sure hope so, because I know I enjoyed bringing all these fall inspired proejcts to you. I would love to earn your business and ask that you shop my online store for your crafting supplies. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The Heartwarming Hugs Suite is all about treats and gift giving. Capture the feeling of sitting inside on a wintry day alongside a warm cup of cocoa. You’ll love the packaging possibilities of the mini coffee cups and carriers.
Creating this sweet little carrier was so quick and easy. I’ve used a little of almost all the elements in the Heartwarming Hugs Suite.
The pre-scored mini coffee carriers are sold in packs of 8. Each carrier fits two mini coffee cups. But, if you watch my video, you’ll see some other suggestions on how to fill your carrier.
Need a little gift for a teacher, your nail tech, hairdresser or postal worker? The mini coffee cups are a very generous size and are sold in packs of 8 cups with lids, and they are food safe. Wouldn’t it be cute to fill one with mini marshmallows and the other will hot cocoa mix?
There are two stamp sets that coordinate with the Warm Wraps die set. I’ve used the Wrapped in Christmas set to create my tag. Watch how easy this little carrier comes together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Carrier Wrap – Heartwarming Hugs DSP – one @ 1 1/2″ x 12 and one @ 1 1/2″ x 6″
- Tag – Real Red CS – 2″ x 5 1/4″, punch with the scallop tag topper punch
- Tag Mat – Heartwarming Hugs DSP – 1 3/4″ x 4″
- Tag Banner – Mossy Meadow CS – 3/4″ x 4″, punched with the Banners Pick a Punch and embossed with the Wrapped in Texture embossing folder.
- Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 2″, cut with the die from the Warm Wraps set
- Sentiment – Pear Pizzazz CS – 2″ x 2″, cut with the die from the Warm Wraps set. Stamp the sentiment in Mossy Meadow.
- Cup Wraps – Mossy Meadow CS – four @ 5″ x 2 1/2″ and Real Red CS – four @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Warm Wraps set.
- Bow – Real Red CS – 1″ x 1″, cut with the die from the Warm Wraps set.
- Mini Coffee Cups w/Lids – 2
- Mini Coffe Carrier – 1
- Glitter Star Ornament – 1
- Gold Glitter Enamel Dots – 1
- Braided Linen Trim – 12″
- Diagonal Stripe Mossy Meadow Ribbon – 10″
Heartwarming Hugs Mini Coffee CarrierProduct List
Cute right? Hope you give it a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!