Today’s a little special. It’s a two-fer! What’s that? Two cards, one video and lots of photos on two great cards you can create with the Butterfly Wishes stamp set.
What makes the Butterfly Wishes set so special? It’s a DistINKtive set. That means, with just one stamping motion, you achieve an image with both highlights and lowlights. Pretty nifty, right? For the first card in our two-fer, let’s tackle the beautiful “Love to Celebrate you” card.
Ok, first of all, those designer series papers are just too beautiful. The Garden Lane DSP is a fabulous monocromatic pack of gorgeous papers. If you love green, this is the paper pack for you.
Do you just love all those layers and texture? I sure do! And that cute little flower. That’s a quick and easy creation using the Medium Daisy Punch. You gotta have that one.
The large branch image from the Butterfly Wishes set, is the perfect one to appreciate the DistINKtive technology. I stamped it in Pear Pizzazz. That’s my accent color choice on this card.
No naked inside of the card this time. There is a gorgeous butterfly that I wanted to add. Stamping it on a mat of Whisper White insured that I didn’t have a mishap on the card base. And I like the layered look as well. Next up we have a fantastic Birthday card with the Butterfly Wishes set. See the versatility in this one.
I’ve changed DSP packs on this one. This time we’ve got the fabulous Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP. The paper pack has mocaic tile designs and floral imagery with shiney accents. All I know is, it’s YUMMY!
This time I stamped the butterfly that coordinates with our Butterfly Duet punch. One of the best parts of that is we have an additional set that coordinates. The Butterfly Gala set is filled with all sorts of butterfly images and fantastic greetings.
I even stamped the sweet little flowers from the Butterfly Wishes set on the sentiment. I think it gives the greeting so much more interest and depth. I’ve even filmed a video for you, containing both card designs.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card #1 – “Love to Celebrate You”
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″.
- Mat – Garden Lane DSP – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Vertical Mat – Garden Lane DSP – 4″ x 3″
- Embossed Accent Mat – Whisper White CS – 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, embossed with the Country Floral folder.
- Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes die set. Stamp the branch in Pear Pizzazz and the sentiment in Soft Suede.
- Banner – Pear Pizzazz CS – 5/8″ x 4″, embossed with the Scripty Folder. Dovetail both ends of the banner.
- Daisy – Crushed Curry CS – 6″ x 2″, punch three images with the Medium Daisy punch. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Leaves – Pear Pizzazz – 1 3/4″ x 5 1/2″, punch three images with the Leaf Punch. Stamp the small leaf image on each petal in Pear Pizzazz. Dissect as shown in the video.
- Small Butterflies – Crushed Curry CS – 3 1/2″ x 1″, stamp two small butterflies in Soft Suede. Punch out the images with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″ . Stamp the butterfly in Crushed Curry and the sentiment in Soft Suede.
Even more fun with Card #2.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Soft Suede CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DSP Mat – Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP – 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Accent Band – Scallop Trim – Soft Suede cS – two @ 3/4″ x 6″, cut with the die from Be Mine Stitched. Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP – 1 3/4″ x 5″
- Focal Mat – Crushed Curry CS – 2 3/4″ x 4″, distressed the edges.
- Stamped Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/2″ x 3 3/4″. Stamp the branch in Soft Suede. Roll color on the edges with a sponge dauber and Crushed Curry ink.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede. Die cut with the die from Stitched Labels. Stamp off the flowre in Crushed Curry.
- Butterfly – Very Vanilla CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, stamp the butterfly in Soft Suede. Color in with the Crushed Curry Stampin’ Write Marker. Hightlight with the Wink of Stella.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!