Who doesn’t like an interactive card? Join me in my studio to learn how easy it is to create this Butterfly Gala Spinner Card. I know, I know, at first glance you might think it looks difficult. But I promise I’ll walk you through the steps and you’ll see, you can create one too.
My inspiration started with the Happiness Blooms DSP. Calypso Coral reminds me of the orange that can be found in Monarch Butterflies. Speaking of which, I can’t wait for Spring, when we usually have 100’s here. I’ve got a butterfly garden in my back yard and our record of cocoons, hanging from the heaves of our house, stands at 220. That’ a lot of butterflies.
The butterfly gala spinner itself is stamped in Memento Black then using two generations of Calypso Coral I created those lovely butterfly images.
Call Me Clover, one of the 2018-2020 In-Color’s paired perfectly with the Mint Macaron card base. Did you know that the Butterfly Gala can be purchased in a bundle format. What does that mean? You get both the stamp set and punch, using one item code and save 10% to boot.
One of the best things about Stampin’ Up! products in the color coordination. The paper, inks, embellishments, etc. all match. No wasted time looking for just the right color.
Because the photopolymer stamps are bendable, I was able to shape the stamp to achieve the look around the circle image on the inside of the card. I think that’s pretty spectacular.
I’ll bet you’re itching to create this card. Here you go, a FREE video tutorial to show you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Mint Macaron – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- DSP – Happiness Blooms – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Scallop Ring – Call Me Clover CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut the scallop circle, then cut the circle on top of the scallop circle image. This will form your ring.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 3 1/4″, stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black; large butterflies fill in stamp, stamp off in Calypso Coral; small butterflies fill in stamp, 1st generation Calypso Coral. Butterfly bodies in Tuxedo Black. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 1″, stamp in Call Me Clover, cut with the smallest Rectangle Stitched Framelit
- Sentiment Accent – Calypso Coral – 3 1/2″ x 1″, cut with the accent die from Doily Builder
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cut circle in card base.
- Line up DSP, dry fitting, and trace circle on backside with a pencil.
- Cut circle in the DSP.
- Fold Card – Dry fit whisper white inside mat. Glue DSP circle in place.
- Stamp curved sentiment, top right over the arc of the circle.
- Stamp small butterfly in the lower left hand corner of the inside mat.
- Adhere inside mat to the inside of the card.
- On the front of the card, place a small strip of Tear & Tape on the top and bottom of the cut out circle.
- Construct your butterfly gala spinner mechanism.
- Embed the thread into the Tear & Tape on the card front. Be sure it is tight. Apply a piece of Tear & Tape over the existing tape to reinforce. Trim metallic thread as needed.
- Wet glue the DSP to the card front.
- Wet glue the scallop circle to the card front.
- Adhere the accent piece to the sentiment.
- Pop the sentiment to the card front.
- Glue dot the ribbon bow to the sentiment.
If you are in need of any supplies to complete the butterfly gala spinner card, I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click any image below to begin filling your shopping cart.
Thanks so much for stopping by, Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!