More fun with techniques! This time a fantastic brayer technique with our sponge brayers. Creating the sunset on this card is so easy. And the colors blend beautifully. My new scene builder set, Friend Like You, created the finishing touch.
Our sponge brayers are sold with 2 handles and four sponges. And guess what, it’s only $8 for the whole kit-n-kaboodle. To clean them, just rinse in the sink and ready to go the next time in any color you choose. The brayer technique doesn’t even have a learning curve. If you can load it and roll it, you got it.
The second technique in this card only requires a little H2O. Don’t you love that splatter look? It addes another level of texture and interest.
And what a cut sentiment. Because I love those rusty looking dragonfiles that frequent my background, I decided to stamp those in Cajun Craze.
Don’t forget the inside of your card. Adding a little stamping steps it up a notch. With the two-step stamp in the set this one really created a lit of interest. Need a visual? Here’s a vido tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Technique Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Cat Tails – Early Espresso CS – 2 1/4″ x 6″, cut with the die from Friendly Silhouettes.
- Dragonflies – Early Espresso CS – 1 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut two with the die from Friendly Silhouettes.
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 1″. With the stamp from Friend Like You, stamp the senitment in Early Espresso and the dragonflies in Cajun Craze. Die cut with theStitched Rectangles.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″. With the stamps from Friend Like You, stamp the reeds in Old Olive and tops of the cat tails in Early Espresso.
- Brayer Technique – using the sponge brayer roll on the following colors; 1st. Cajun Craze, 2nd Pumpkin Pie and last Crushed Curry.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!