Whose ready for some fun? How about this super cute interactive shaker card and treat box, created with the Bonanza Buddies bundle?
Ok, I know you are smiling. How can you not? Just the designer series paper alone makes me happy. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to create a shaker card. So, let’s start things off with that.
First of all, I needed a bright, happy color palette. I’ve used Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White and Terracotta Tile. Don’t you just love the balloons in the background. It was easy to pull the colors from the paper.
Because I needed some pretty bits to fill my shaker, I cut some hearts using the die from Be Mine Stitched. As a result, I was able to fill the shaker with two colors of the hearts for a truly happy card.
The Bonanza Buddies bundle is filled with all sorts of cute little critters. I chose the toucan for this card. And of course, he needed a party hat and present to complete the scene.
Finally, I added a small strip of the DSP inside the card to tie things together. And I just love it when the set includes larger sentiments to use as inside greetings. Now let’s dive into the sweet little treat box.
While I’ve designed this for a party favor, you could easily adapt it into a gift box for the birthday boy/girl. Another sweet little Bonanza Buddy seems to be celebrating the big day.
Because the set is a two-step set, it’s super easy to line up the little face on the koala. And just look at how much personality that guy has.
Another great feature of the treat box is that it’s large enough to hold lots of different types of treats. What’s in mine? Well, animal crackers of course.
Here’s how the card magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″.
- Mats – Bermuda Bay CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mats – Birthday Bonanza DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Frame – Daffodil Delight CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Stitched Rectangles die set.
- Banners – Bermuda Bay CS and Terracotta Tile CS – one each @ 4″ x 1″, cut with the die from the Bonanza die set. Apply wink of stella on both.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, stamp the toucan in Memento Tuxedo Black, the hat and present in Bermuda Bay and the bow in Memento Tuxedo Black. Die cut the hat and toucan with the dies from the Bonanza die set. Fussy cut the present.
- Shaker Hearts – Bermuda Bay CS and Terracotta Tile CS – one each @ 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Be Mine Stitched die set. You will use 1/2 of each color for the card. Use the long die cut to decorate the flap of your envelope.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay.
- Accent Strip – Birthday Bonanza DSP – 3/4″ x 5″.
- Window Sheet – 2 1/2″ x 4″.
Here’s how the treat box magic happens.
- Box – Bermuda Bay CS – 10 3/8″ x 7″, on the 10 3/8″ side, score @ 3 1/2″, 5″, 8 1/2″ and 10″. Turn on the 7″ side and score @ 1 1/2″ and 5 1/2″.
- Mats – Daffodil Delight CS – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 1 3/8″.
- DSP Mats – Birthday Bonanza DSP – one @ 3″ x 3 1/2″ and one @ 3″ x 1″.
- Stitched Circle – Grapefruit Grove CS – 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes.
- Banner – Grapefruit Grove CS – 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the Bonanza dies.
- Sentiment – Daffodil Delight CS – 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black and fussy cut.
- Koala – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 2″, stamp the koala in Smoky Slate and the face in Memento Tuxedo Black. Cut with the Bonanza die.
Bonanza Buddies Shaker Card and Treat Box Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!