Vintage, flowers, and vellum, who could ask for more? The beautiful images in the Blessings of Home stamp set lend themselves beautifully to the vintage style. In today’s card making lesson, I’ll show you how to quickly add color to the floral images using designer series paper or ink with a blending brush.
It’s a new year, so we need to fill our card boxes with handmade cards for those close to us. Today’s vintage design is a quick and easy one. You’ll be creating multiples easily by stamping the large floral image onto the Simply Marvelous DSP.
The 6″ x 6″ DSP pack is filled with 48 sheets of marbleized papers. Colors include Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Blushing bride, Bumblebee, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Misty Moonlight, Pool Party, Smoky Slate and So Saffron. WOW, what a color assortment. That means it’s a versatile paper pack that will coordinate with lots of projects. And one of the best parts, you can earn it for FREE with a $50 order (before tax and shipping).
Here, I’ve used the opposite side of the sheet to line my envelope. Pretty dramatic, if I say so myself.
To make the floral image, from the Blessings of Home set, really pop. I’ve embossed a new Vellum, Layering Designs, with the Parisian 3D Embossing Folder. Such an easy way to add lots of texture.
To add a little color to the smaller floral image, my blending brush to the rescue. Told ya, this card was quick and easy.
I’ve used that technique on both the envelope and the inside of the card. Be sure to check out today’s free video tutorial to learn all about these new projects.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blushing Bride CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 5 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, stamp the smaller floral image in Basic Gray. Using your blending brush apply Blushing Bride ink.
- Inside Accent Strip – Vellum Layering Designs – 1/2″ x 4″
- Mat – Basic Gray CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Vellum Mat – Vellum Layering Designs – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Parisian Flourish 3D Embossing Folder
- Stamped Floral – Simply Marvelous DSP, you can get two images from one sheet. I’ve stamped mine in Basic Gray using the Stamparatus.
- Backer for the Floral – Blushing Bride CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Basic Gray CS – 3/8″ x 3 3/4″, stamp in verva mark, sprinkle with white embossing powder, heat with the heat tool. Slant cut the right side.
- Sprigs – Basic Gray CS – 2″ x 4 3/4″, cut with the dies from the Flowers of Home die set
- Liner for Envelope – Simply Marvelous DSP – 5 3/4″ x 3″
- Envelope – Basic White
- Bling – Classic Matte Dots – 3 small in gray
Vintage Birthday with Blessings of Home Product List
- #157939 – Blessings of Home Bundle
- #157764 – Vellum Layering Designs
- #158146 – Classic Matte Dots
- #158128 – Simply Marvelous DSP
I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Remember to earn those FREE Sale-a-Bration items during January and February. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!