Who doesn’t need birthday wrapping supplies? And with all the beautiful papers we have to choose from, decorating your own birthday gift bag is a snap. Just pick up some plain white bags at your local Dollar Tree, break out that Broadway Bound Specialty DSP and create along with me.
Oh my gosh, won’t your family and friends be impressed when you show up to the party with your gift all decked out in this bag? I sure think so. The inspiration for this one came from our beautiful Broadway Bound Specialty DSP. That paper is perfect for everything birthday; gift bags, scrapbook pages, cards, treats and the list goes on and on. My hostess, Joan, requested a birthday gift bag featuring the color combo, Lovely Lipstick, Basic Black and Lemon Lime Twist. Did I deliver?
And what could be better than creating your own bow and tag to match the bag? After I teach you how to do this quick and easy bow, you’ll never have to buy another one. What could be easier than to cut out that Happy Birthday title using our Happy Birthday Thinlit Die and adhering to a piece of Whisper White CS. This one was embossed with the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder. Cute, right?
Stampin’ Up! truly makes it easy with all the coordinating products. I created my own background paper using a sheet of Lovely Lipstick CS, Lovely Lipstick ink and the Swirly Frames stamp set. Remember, you can always use stamps in a new and different way.
The cute little birthday horns were created with the Picture Perfect Birthday set. That one is a must-have. So many elements you can use to dress up any project. I did create the party hat template myself. But guys, it’s a triangle, that’s it. The base of the hat is 2 3/4″ and the height is 4 3/4″. After cutting it and adhering a small strip of Lemon Lime Twist CS to the bottom, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder.
Let me show you how quick and easy it is to create this sweet birthday bag.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Large Mat – Basic Black CS 7″ x 9″
- Stamped Mat – Lovely Lipstick CS 6 3/4″ x 8 3/4″
- Title – Basic Black CS 2″ x 6 1/4″; Whisper White CS 6″ x 1 3/4″ run through the Big Shot with the Oh My Stars Embossing Folder; Lemon Lime Twist CS 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, back with multipurpose adhesive sheets and cut the image with the Happy Birthday Thinlits die.
- Focal Image – Lemon Lime Twist CS 4″ x 5″; Broadway Bound DSP 3 3/4″ x 4 3/4″ and Whisper White CS, cut two at 1″ x 6″, then cut the image with the die from Seasonal Layers.
- Party Hat – Lovely Lipstick CS 3″ x 4 3/4″ – create a template from scrap CS, the base is 2 3/4″ and the height is 4 3/4″. Trace the template onto the Lovely Lipstick CS and trim out. Lemon Lime Twist CS 1/2″ x 3 1/2″. Adhere the strip to the hat, trim as needed. Run the hat through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Embossing Folder.
- Sentiment on Hat – Basic Black CS 2 3/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 2 1/2 x 1 3/4″, stamp the sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday in Lovely Lipstick and cut both pieces with the Layering Ovals die.
- Party Horns – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″. Using the stamps from Picture Perfect Birthday stamps as follows: two striped bases, one in Lovely Lipstick and one in Lemon Lime Twist. One polka dot base in Lemon Lime Twist. Two fringes in Lovely Lipstick and one Lemon Lime Twist. Two horns in Lemon Lime Twist and one Lovely Lipstick. Fussy cut all images and construct the horns.
- Tag – Lemon Lime Twist CS 2″ x 4″, punch one end with the Tag Topper Punch. Lovely Lipstick CS 1 3/4″ x 3 1/4″, Broadway Bound DSP 1 1/2″ x 3″.
- Tag Sentiment – Basic Black CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″ and Whisper White CS 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, stamp the sentiment from Cake Soiree in Lovely Lipstick. Cut out both images with the Layering Ovals dies.
- Bow – Broadway Bound DSP, six @ 4″ x 3/4″ and six @ 3 1/2″ x 3/4″ and one @ 3 1/2″ x 1″. Punch one 2 1/4″ circle from Lovely Lipstick CS for the base of the bow.
Needs some supplies? It’s the perfect time to put together a $50 order and earn yourself a $5 coupon to spend in September.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!