Welcome! Today’s cards, one Fall and one Christmas, both started with the Birch Background stamp. I love the texture it created. It was the perfect backdrop for both cards.
Since Fall is right around the corner, let’s kick things off with my Gather Together card. The Birch Background was stamped, tone on tone, in Crumb Cake. That’s a classic look and easy to pair with lots of rich fall colors. I chose Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze, two of my favorites.
I know it’s tough to appreciate, but I inked the gorgeous embossed leaves with our new Delicata Gold Ink. Gotta get you some of that, it’s fabulous.
Did you know you can emboss and cut those lovely Fall leaves in one pass through the die cutting machine? You sure can! Be sure to spritz your card stock first. I spritzed mine with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. That made it nice and sparkly. Then run it through and you’ll get that deeply embossed finish.
Just adding a little stamping on the inside of the card base makes things extra special. I stamped the large leaf in Crushed Curry. Ready for the Christmas card?
Have you seen the new Tidings All Around bundle. It’s not just for Christmas. The beautiful Birch Background was stamped, tone on tone again. This time I chose Gray Granite. That new color is a great neutral.
The wreaths were cut from Old Olive and Mossy Meadow and inked with the Delicata Copper ink. I think you can really see it on this one.
Just that little bit of glitz really sets off the colors and elevates your design to the next level. Who knew, just a little ink could make such a difference.
The color palette of Merry Merlot and Gray Granite goes well for Christmas. It’s rich and earthy and highlights that gorgeous birch background. I’ve got some tips and tricks I would love to share with you through my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Fall Card
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Crumb Cake CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Large Leaf – Crushed Curry CS – 3″ x 3″
- Embossed Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/4″ x 2″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames
- Magnolia Lane Ribbon – 5″
- Linen Thread – 12″
- Christmas Card
- Card Base – Merry Merlot – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Gray Granite CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Wreaths – Old Olive CS and Mossy Meadow CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1″ x 3″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames
- Sprigs – Copper Foil – 2″ x 2 3/4″
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!