Good day everyone! I’m back!! Sorry I’ve been out of touch, but I’m back with you today to share this over the top Royal Peacock card tutorial.
WOW, right? Quick, turn to page 25 in your brand spankin’ new Annual Catalog. The Royal Peacock suite is FANTABULOUS!!! One thing I would love to share with you, is that the entire suite of products can be ordered by entering just one item code. That makes shopping quick and easy and you get it ALL!! Okay, back to today’s card.
First, I decided that this magnificient image needed a larger stage to shine. My Royal Peacock card is a 6″ x 6″ format. Start things off with a piece of 12″ x 12″ Blueberry Bushel cardstock. Trim the cardstock to 6″ x 12″ and score at 6″. Voila, you have a larger card surface for this beautiful peacock.
Oh my gosh, I sure hope this photo does justice to the Heirloom Frame. This new product contains two Heirloom Frame dies and two 3D Embossing Folders. That’s what I call perfect coordination. Be sure to view my free video tutorial in this post for tips and tricks on using them.
The Royal Peacock image is a two-step image and was perfect for embossing with gold embossing powder. Look at all the detail! Our fabulous Stampin’ Blends makes coloring quick, easy and vibrant.
And of course, I had to add a little somethin’ to the inside of the card. The Detailed Trio punch was used to add the detail in the corners of my mat. And, did you notice? It mimics the featherly stamp I used with the sentiment? Stampin’ Up! is just so smart. Want to create one of these beauties? Here you go, another FREE video tutorial to show you how.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Blueberry Bushel CS – 6″ x 12″, scored at 6″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- DSP Mat – Noble Peacock Specialty DSP – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Heirloom Frame – Pretty Peacock Noble Peacock Foil Sheet – 4″ x 5″, cut with the Heirloom Frame die and emboss with the 3D Heirloom Frame Embossing Folder
- Peacock – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Using the Stamparatus, stamp the 1st image in Blueberry Bushel. Swipe with the embossing buddy. Stamp the 2nd detailed image in Versa Mark, sprinkle with gold embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Color the image with the Dark Old Olive and Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends. Apply Clear Wink of Stella on the breast and eye. Cut the image with the die from Detailed Peacock.
- Accent Feathers – Old Olive Noble Peacock Foil Sheet – 2 3/4″ x 3″, cut with the die from Detailed Peacock
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 2″, stamped in Blueberry Bushel, cut with the die from Nested Stitched Labels.
- Leaves – Old Olive Noble Peacock Foil Sheet – 2″ x 3″, cut three images with the die from Detailed Peacock.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, punch all four corners with the Detailed Trio Punch. Stamp the sentiment in Blueberry Bushel and the feathers in Pretty Peacock. Color the feathers with the Dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ Blends.
- Envelope – Whisper White CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″, using the envelope punch board, punch and score at 4 3/4″
- Noble Peacock Rhinestones – three, two in Old Olive and one in Blueberry Bushel.
Ready to order your Royal Peacock bundle? I would very much appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click on any item below to begin filling your cart. My FREE thank you gift for June is a package of the Noble Peacock Rhinestones. Your order must be at least $50 before tax and shipping. Use the host code YX3GQD2F for all orders under $150.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss any future projects and tutorials. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo! I’m back from my WOW Steel Magnolia Team Retreat and it was a BLAST!! The creativity in one room was so fabulous, second only to the amount of sharing that was going on. To start things off we all gathered at the Tangi Retreat House in Independence, Louisiana. It was a very comfortable sweet house that can house 14 creative souls. The workroom was fabulous and I decorated in Steel Magnolia Pink Fashion.
This was the welcome to everyone that attended, a fabulous laminated grid sheet, agenda, gift and a cute mason jar drinking glass with a magnolia corsage. I was very humbled by the outpouring of love and generosity. Here are photos of the gifts from my team.
This beautifully decorated box contained my gorgeous magnolia necklace.
Members of my team and their guests created magnolias for my wreath that I am proudly displaying in my studio.
The over the top card, created by team member Lisa Lepine, was absoulutely gorgeous and so thoughtful. We had so many activites, sharing and caring, shoebox kits, decorating southern belle hats, team building activities, and so much more. Here are a few snapshots form my WOW Steel Magnolia Team Retreat.
At our WOW Steel Magnolia Team Retreat I hosted a card challenge. They had limited supplies, everyone had to use the same set, Good Morning Magnolia. Please visit my WOW NOLA Creations Facebook page for photos of all these gorgeous cards.
The team card swap was fabulous and a highlight of the WOW Steel Magnolia Team Retreat. Here is a video featuring all the team swaps. Caution – They are over the top fabulous!!!!
Because it’s just too hard to capture the beauty, creativity and thoughtfulness we all shared this weekend, I tried to highlight some of it in this video.
Are you just simply blown away? Would you like to take part in my next WOW Team Card Swap. Let’s get you signed up, so you can be the next member of Susan’s WOW Team.
We concluded the weekend with our Sunday lunch and our Southern Belle Hat Show.
This weekend was an absolute pleasure to plan, organize and execute for my team. Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
My WOW ladies LOVE my sampler classes. As soon as I saw the gorgeous Good Morning Magnolia bundle, I knew there was a sampler in my future. Today is the big day, here it is, my Good Morning Magnolia Sampler.
Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog will launch tomorrow, June 4th. That’s your opportunity to order this fabulous new Good Morning Magnolia bundle, along with lots of coordinating products. Check them out on page 37. If you don’t have a catalog, be sure to request one from me today.
Want to create one of these samplers? Would you like a pre-cut kit? I’ve got an offer for you.
Here’s how to get your own pre-cut kit of my Good Morning Magnolia Sampler.
- Order the Good Morning Magnolia Bundle and the Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper from my online store. (links below)
- Use my Host Code YX3GQD2F when placing your order.
- Order must be placed between June 4 through June 9, 2019.
- Kit Fee: Free with the order as outlined above All you pay is Priorty Shipping of the kit to you. I will email you an invoice after I’ve been notified of your order. This payment will be accepted via PayPal.
- Kit will include the following:
- Pre-Cut kit of all papers and die cuts to complete the Good Morning Magnolia Sampler.
- All ribbons, trims and embellishments.
- Full color PDF Instructions emailed to you.
- Access to my Video Tutorial.
- NOTE: The 12′ x 12″ designer series paper is NOT inclulded in the kit. You will use one of the sheets from the dsp package that you will receive when you order.
- All kits will be mailed out no later than June 20, 2019.
- What you will need to complete the Good Morning Magnolia Sampler as shown in the photos.
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Early Espresso, Petal Pink
- Stampin’ Blends: Dark Petal Pink, Dark Daffodil Delight, Light Mossy Meadow
- Stamp Sets: Good Morning Magnolia, Butterfly Wishes
- Punches: Butterfly Duet
- Dies: Magnolia Memory
- Supplies: Wet Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Mini Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Bone Folder, Paper Trimmer, Take Your Pick Tool, Die Cutting Machine, Acrylic Blocks or Stamparatus, Sponge Daubers or Stampin’ Sponges.
- For display, a 12″ x 12″ white shadowbox frame. (Mine was purchased at Michael’s)
Click the thumbnails below to order your Good Morning Magnolia Bundle and Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper from my online store. Be sure to use the Host Code, YX3GQD2F, to qualify for your Good Morning Magnolia Sampler kit.
If you have any questions are need any help placing your order, contact me here.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Hi! Thanks for stopping by. Today’s project is very exciting. It’s a very sweet Magnolia Gift Set that I created for my WOW Team Retreat, WOW Steel Magnolias. As you are reading this, we are wrapping up our final day of a four day Team Retreat. Hoping to share lots of photos and highlights from the weekend soon. But, in the meantime, my Magnolia Gift Set is just one of many projects we completed this weekend.
All my WOW Team Members and their guests created the Magnolia Gift Set. During our retreats, team members volunteer to teach a project. My contribution was this lovely Magnolia Gift Set. This sweet, very easy to assemble, box will hold at least three to four of the cards and envelopes shown.
The Magnolia Lane DSP is the star of the show. One pattern is just as lovely as the next. It made it hard to choose which one to use. But, as you can see I finally decided.
To make the sentiment really stand out, I decided to incoporate some heat embossing. I just love that technique. It’s really quick and easy, but packs a WOW punch.
The Magnolia Gift Set is easy to create and once you view my FREE video tutorial, I’ll bet you’ll want to create a few of them. I invite you to not only view the video but consider becoming a WOW Team Member. Contact me today for all the info on how you can enjoy a 20% discount on all your Stampin’ Up! products.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Gift Box – Thick Whisper White CS – 8″ x 11″, on the 8″ side score at 1/2″, 1″, 7″ and 7 1/2″, turn to the 11″ side and score at 2 1/2″, 3″, 7 1/2″ and 8″. Trim as shown in the video above.
- Mats – Petal Pink CS – one @ 5 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 5 3/4″ x 2 1/4″.
- DSP Mats – Magnolia Lane DSP – one @ 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ ad one @ 5 1/2″ x 2″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 3″
- Magnolia – Shimmery White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Card – Thick Whisper White cS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Petal Pink CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with the Subtle Embossing Folder
- DSP Mat – Magnolia Lane DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″, cut the edge with the edge die from Magnolia Memory set.
- Horizontal Accent Band – Basic Black CS – 4″ x 1 1/4″
- Flowers – Whisper White cS – 2 1/4″ x 4 1/4″
- Inside Accent Strip – Magnolia Lane DSP – 1/2″ x 4 1/4″
- Lace – 3/8″ Scalloped Lace Trim – 10″
- Pearls – 5 Small
- Magnolia Lane Twine – 3 loop box, about 27″
Here are the links to my online, I would appreciae your business.
Thanks again for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Have you ever participated in a card swap. It’s so much fun and you get great ideas. I participated in a Demonstrator New Catalog Card Swap recently. The Woven Heirlooms set is just so beautiful, I decided to highlight that set and the coordinating Woven Threads DSP. Making multiples with just one package of designer series paper tends to intimidate some crafters. So, I wanted to show you all that it is possible.
I had to create 24 cards total for this challenge, 21 to swap, one for me, two for my video and blog. I accomplished all that with one 1/2 sheet of three patterns of the DSP. I’ll say that was maximizing my supplies.
Using a couple of the new in-colors, Terracotta Tile and Seaside Spray brought me so much joy. It uplifted my creative spirit to use new colors. And that’s just two of the gorgeous new in-colors we will have to play with for the next two years.
The beautiful Woven Threads DSP is the pack of paper you want to add to your list if you want to play with the in-colors right first thing. It contains a little bit of each of the new in-colors. Isn’t that fantastic?
And if you know me, you know I love grunge, texture and layering. The Woven Heirlooms set includes two grunge stamps and I’ve used the larger image on the inside of the card. Come along with me in today’s video tutorial where I’ll show you how easy it is to put this one together.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Seaside Spray CS – 8 1.2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, embossed with the Subtle embossing folder.
- Focal Mat – Sahara Sand CS – 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″
- Vertical Mats – Terracotta Tile CS – three @ 1 3/8″ x 3 1/4″
- DSP Mats – Woven Threads DSP – 1″ x 3″, three, one each of the three patterns.
- Sentiment – Stitched Circle – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes. Scallop Circle – Terracotta Tile CS – 3″ x 3″, cut with the die from Layering Circles.
- Butterflies – Whisper White CS – 1″ x 4 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″
I would love to earn your business and invite you to shop my online store.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!