Woohoo, time for a new WOW Class to GO! My July 2019 WOW Class to GO! will feature the Floral Essence Bundle. What’s so great about my classes? You get to pick and choose which month you want to participate. There is NO commitment or subscription involved. I feature a bundle, create beautiful projects, cut all the kits and you get to craft. Here’s a peek at this month’s class.
There are lots of options and price points availabe with my Floral Essence class. All the details can be found on my WOW Class to Go! page. Once you experience one of my classes, I promise you’ll be anticipating the release of the next one. I’m known for my attention to detail, multi-layered and textural designs. Would love to have you join in the fun. The deadline to register and pay for the class is July 8, 2019. But, don’t wait, register today. I’m accepting a limited number in each category this month. Lucky me, I’m having my grandchildren stay with me for a couple of weeks and I want to enjoy every minute I can with them.
Don’t you want to create cards like this, quick, easy and pre-cut for you? Click here to contact me. I’ll send you an invoice and you’ll be ready to go.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Oh my, have you seen the Pressed Petals Suite on pages 72-73 of the catalog? One element is more lovely than the next. This suite was just want I needed to create my Vintage Pressed Petals card. I’m head of heels in love with the new Pressed Petals Specialty DSP. Who am I kidding, I love the entire suite!!
The Pressed Petals Suite includes a fabulous stamp and die bundle. Which, by the way, you can get at a 10% savings. One of my favorite offerings in this suite is the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder. If you’ve been visiting my blog, you know it’s fast becoming a must-have. Because the suite has that old world, romantic sort of look, it includes Designer Elements, a Pressed Petals Jounal, and some beautiful gathered ribbon.
But, I think one of the stars of the show is the Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper. During a recent Facebook Live, I created three projects showcasing the paper. Because I just couldn’t resist it, I also incorporated the unique Pressed Petals Specialty Washi Tape in one of the designs. Be sure to like and follow my page to be part of all the fun.
Today’s card is a simple little z-fold. Sometimes, I think we forget how lovely our Thick Very Vanilla cardstock really is. It’s the perfect tone to use when creating vintage projects.
Yes, I did fussy cut some of the elements for this card. But, I think my Vintage Pressed Petals card was welll worth those few moments of being one with my scissors. The Heirloom Frames Dies & 3D Embossing Folders is a fantastic new product line perfect for creating my focal image.
Want to create this card to send to a special someone? I’ve got a video tutorial to teach you all the tips and tricks I used to put this one together. Pssst, and guess what? Stay to the end of the video to see the other two cards I’ve created with the DSP.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″
- Mats – Night of Navy CS – two @ 2″ x 5 3/8″ and one @ 4″ x 5 3/8″
- Designer Series Paper Mats – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – two @ 1 7/8″ x 5 1/4″ and one @ 3 7/8″ x 5 1/4″
- Frame – Rococo Rose CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5″, cut with the Heirloom Frame Die and embossed with the Heirloom 3D Embossing Folder.
- DSP Frame Insert – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP
- Friend – Very Vanilla CS – 1″ x 5 1/2″, cut two with the die from Well Written.
- Inside Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 3″, stamped in Night of Navy and cut with the die from Stitched Shapes.
- Flower Accents – Pressed Petals Specialty DSP – fussy cut images
- Scalloped Lace Trim – Very Vanilla – about 8″
If you are in need of some supplies to complete your card, I would appreciate you shopping my online store. Adding up WOW Customer Loyalty Points is quick and easy. And, if your order is $50 (before tax and shipping), please use my June Hostess Code, YX3GQD2F, for your FREE package of Noble Peacock Rhinestones. My little thank you for your order.
Thanks for stopping by, Until Next Time, Create Something Beautiful!
Hi, Everyone! Yep, you don’t need to adjust your glasses, or rub your eyes, it’s paper and it’s a rose. A Hot Air Balloon Rose to be exact. The first time I flipped through the 2019 Annual Catalog and spied the new Hot Air Balloon Punch, the image reminded me of a flower petal. At that moment I knew I wanted to create a 3D rose.
Well, I figured it out and would love to share the details with you. My WOW Team saw this first hand during our monthy Team Meeting. They loved it and I hope you do too. At the end of the meeting, everyone was throwing out color combinations. One of my favorite suggestions was a Tropicana inspired color palette. Can’t wait to try that one. Want to join my WOW Team? We have so much fun together. Would love to have you as a part of my team.
By decorating one of our new little Mini Shipping Boxes, it gave me a gorgeous platform for my Hot Air Balloon Rose to shine. My daughter’s birthday is coming up. I think I’ll fill this little gift box with goodies for her. She’ll think her Mom is so clever. hahahaha!!
Be sure to order your Hot Air Balloon punch today so you can start creating your own roses. Here’s what you need to punch to create the rose as I’ve designed it.
Creating the Hot Air Balloon Rose
- Base – One 1 1/2″ Circle
- Petals – You will need a total of 17 images. Divide as follows.
- Row #1 – 6 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Row #2 – 5 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Row #3 – 3 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Row #4 – 2 Hot Air Balloon Images
- Center – 1 Hot Air Balloon Image
Of course, I wanted to dress up the little mini shipping box. Tasteful Textures is the lovely stamp set I used to create that vintage inspired image. Be sure to stamp first, then emboss with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
There’s a trick to creating those fabulous veined leaves. I hope you enjoy my free video tutorial that will show you this technique and all you need to know to create the rose.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base for the Rose – one 1 1/2″ circle. Be sure to punch the circle from the same color you are using for your petals. In this case I’m using Real Red CS.
- Petals – Real Red CS – approximately 1 sheet – punch 17 Hot Air Balloon images.
- Leaves – Garden Green CS – two @ 2″ x 5 1/2″, each scored at 1″, place folded strips in the Corrugated Embossing Folder, run through the die cutting machine. On the fold of the strip, cut 1/2 moon shapes. I cut five for this rose.
- Box – Mini Shipping Box
- Mats – Garden Green CS – two @ 3 3/4″ x 2 3/8″, two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/8″
- Embossed Mats – Whisper White CS – one @3 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, two @ 3 1/2″ x 2 1/8″, two @2 1/2″ x 2 1/8″
Ordering in my online store is quick and easy. Just click any image below to begin filling your cart. During the month of June, my FREE Thank You gift for all orders $50 or more (before tax and shipping), is a package of the Noble Peacock Rhinestones. Please use the Host Code, YX3GQD2F, to qualify.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!!
It’s like a match made in heaven, the Daisy Lane bundle and the Detailed Band dies. WOW!! By using the Detailed Bands it gave that sweet little daisy an elegant look.
Using the rich palette of Blackberry Bliss, Mint Macaron and Whisper White, gave this card a fabulous chic look. Not to mention, embossing the Blackberry Bliss mat with the Tufted folder and then spritzing it with Champagne Shimmer Mist, brough it over the top. At last night’s class everyone had a WOW moment when that mist hit the paper. It’s tough to see in the photo, but believe me, it is stunning.
True friendship is so important in our lives. I wanted to surround that sentiment with not ony the daisies but something extra special. That’s when I flipped through my new dies and chose our new Detailed Band Dies. Take it from me, you are going to want these.
I love the new size daisy that is part of the Daisy Lane bundle. Our Gold Glimmer Paper made the perfect “glitzy” center for my daisies, don’t you think?
On the inside of the card, I incorporated yet another die cut from the Detailed Bands set. Here’s my reference sheet showing all the images that are possible with this set.
Would love to share with you how easy it is to use the Detailed Bands dies with the Daisy Lane Bundle. That’s why I filmed this FREE video tutorial for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Blackberry Bliss CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Tufted 3D Embossing Folder, spritzed with Champagne Shimmer Mist
- Focal Band – Mint Macaron CS – 5 1/4″ x 3″, cut with the large Detailed Band die.
- Daisies – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 11″, stamp 6 smal daisy images in Blackberry Bliss, punch with the medium daisy punch.
- Leaves – Perennial Essence Vellum – Old Olive – punch four leaf images with the leaf punch. Twist each petal with twizzers.
- Flower Centers – Gold Glimmer Paper – punch three 1/2″ circles.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the oval die from Detailed Bands. Stamp “Friend” in Blackberry Bliss, ink the edges in Blackberry Bliss.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp the large fern in Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss.
- Inside Band – Blackberry Bliss CS – 5 1/4″ x 1″, cut with the die from Detailed Bands.
Would love to earn your business. Click any image to start filling your cart.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! So glad you stopped by today. I’m excited to share my Vintage Daisy Lane card with you. It’s filled with lots of tips and tricks and of course techniques. It’s amazing what you can do with stamps, inks and paper. Join me, so I can show you how to create this Vintage Daisy Lane card.
Things for this one started out with a color palette of So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Very Vanilla and a little Shaded Spruce and Soft Suede. After I spied the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder, I knew I wanted to incorporate a vintage vibe. And there you have it, my Vintage Daisy Lane creation.
By using just stamps, ink and paper, I created the background for the fabulous 3-dimensional daisy. I’m so excited that we now have two sizes in the daisy punch. This new one is called the medium daisy and you can get the Daisy Lane bundle with a 10% discount. Woohoo!!
Layers, upon layers, upon layers of vintage goodness here. And nothing says vintage more than roughing up the edges of your paper. It’s easy and adds so much texture.
Masking off the smaller floral images to add the stem was the key to having the stem recede and the flower come forward. One rule of thumb to remember when masking, whatever you stamp first, will come forward after the mask is removed. So, First – Forward!
And what better way to finish off my Vintage Daisy Lane card than by bringing the happiness inside the card. Now, let’s see, how many techniques do you think I used? I would love to share this process with you through my FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – So Saffron CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Mint Macaron CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, rough up the edges with the blade of your paper snips
- Stamped Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″. Be sure to view the video for all the stamping tips and tricks. Here is the ink legend for the images. Fern – 1st and 2nd generation Mint Macaron, Sentiment – Soft Suede, Small Flowers – So Saffron, Stems – Shaded Spruce. Fun through the die cutting machine with the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder, rough up the edges with the blade of your paper snips. Lightly ink the edges in Soft Suede.
- Daisy – Very Vanilla CS – 3″ x 11″, stamp two large images in So Saffron and one medium image in So Saffron. Punch with the coordinating punch.
- Butterfly – Very Vanilla CS – on the scrap above, stamp the small butterfly from Butterfly Wishes in Soft Suede, punch with the Butterfly Duet punch.
- Leaves – Shaded Spruce – scrap – punch two leaves with the leaf punch. Ink the edges in Soft Suede, twist with tweezers to create texture.
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 5 1/4″ x 4″, stamp the ferns in Mint Macaron, the flower in So Saffron and stem in Shaded Spruce.
- Linen Thread – about 30″
Need some supplies, be sure to visit my online store. Remember, for every $25 in your order before tax and shipping, you earn a WOW Customer Loyalty Point.
Hope you see you again soon, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!