Hi guys! Ready to create 11 cards in a snap? Today’s Forever Greenery one sheet wonder was inspired by fellow WOW Team Member, Paula-Kay Bourland. Each month I host a challenge on our team Facebook page and everyone gets a chance to participate. I love seeing everyone’s creations and talents.
What’s a one sheet wonder and how does it work? First of all we all started with the same sketch. Because it makes use of every single inch of your 12×12, you won’t have any waste and will be able to create 11 cards from the one sheet.
Next, everyone got to choose their own paper and design away. Here are the other one sheet wonders created by my very talented team members.
Now you can really appreciate the versatility of that sketch. Do you have a favorite paper? If so, pull it out right now and cut it up. Here’s my take on Paula-Kay’s Forever Greenery one sheet wonder.
Most noteworthy, each of the papers in the Forever Greenery stack is lovely and it’s hard to choose a favoirte. That’s ok, because each one can be used to make an entire stack.
How would you like to win all 11 cards? Yep, that’s right, it’s BLOG CANDY time!!!! All you have to do, to be included in the prize drawing, is leave a comment on this blog post. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. The deadline to comment is Thursday, December 3, 2020. I will pick a winner on Friday the 4th.
But wait, that’s not all! I’ve got a full color PDF for all 11 cards for you. Yep, that’s right, it’s free!! Just click the link below, print it off and follow along on my video tutorial.
Forever Greenery One Sheet Wonder, FREE PDF, Susan Levasseur, WOW NOLA Creations, Stampin’ Up!
Forevery Greenery One Sheet Wonder Product List
Thank you all so much for stopping by. Didn’t Paula-Kay do an awesome job on this challenge? I can’t wait for the next one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
The Sliding Gatefold was the perfect fancy fold to showcase some very special paper. I am very happy and proud to annouce my collaboration with Ruth Trice, with Artful Stampin’. Ruth creates the most beautiful one sheet wonders. All you need to create gorgeous papers like this is few stamps, some ink and paper.
Ruth, in my opinion, is the queen of the one sheet wonder. She is a fellow Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator from the United Kingdom. I began following Ruth on social media and fell in love with her work. Please take a moment to visit and subscribe to her blog and YouTube channel. You’ll thank me later. If you have any trouble locating her, contact me here, and I’ll get you on track.
When I opened my package of lovely one sheet wonders Ruth sent to me, I was drawn to this one straight away. What do you think of the combination of the yellows and blues. It’s one of my favorites.
To be asked to collaborate with Ruth was a thrill. I’ll be highlighting more of her one sheet wonders in the weeks to come. Here are the supplies Ruth used in her stamping.
One Sheet Wonder Product List
Now it’s time to chop up that lovely paper and create something beautiful! By dividing the paper into sections, I was able to create the sliding gatefold.
To open the card and reveal the beauty, just pull the center section to the right. I’ve used the sentiments from the Beauty Abounds set to achieve a cohesive greeting for a special friend.
Flowers for Every Season is a fabulous 6″ x 6″ DSP stack perfect for lots of designs and occasions. I chose the Cinnamon Cider color and pattern to enhance Ruth’s beautiful paper.
Creating my own flowers is another favorite. To create those sweet flowers, I’ve used the Medium Daisy and Perennial Flower punches. Be sure to check out the techniques in my video tutorial below.
Using generational stamping is another technique Ruth uses when creating her one sheet wonders. I incorporated a little of that in my butterfly stamping. Want to learn how to create the sliding gatefold?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 12″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 2″, 4″, 8″ and 10″
- Front Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 4″ x 5 1/2″
- One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, then cut into 3 equals parts @ 1 3/4″ x 5 1/4″.
- Panel Mats – Bumblee Bee CS – four @ 5 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- DSP Mats – Flowers for Every Season DSP – four @ 5″ x 1 1/2″
- Inside Mat – Misty Moonlight CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″, emboss with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Inside One Sheet Wonder Stamped Mat – 3″ x 4 1/2″
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – one @ 3/4″ x 3″, punch with the Lovely Labels punch. One @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Tasteful Labels set. Stamp both sentiments in Cinnamon Cider. Stamp the butterfly in Misty Moonlight.
- Daisies – Whisper White CS – 2 1/4″ x 11, punch 6 images with the Medium Daisy punch. Ink the centers in Bumblee Bee and the tips in Misty Moonlight.
- Leaves – Old Olive CS – 2″ x 4 1/4″, punch 2 images with the Perennial punch.
- In-Color Enamel Dots – Misty Moonlight – 2 and Cinnamon Cider – 6
Sliding Gateful Product List
I can’t wait to play with another one of Ruth’s beautiful papers. Stay tuned, more coming soon. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Yes, I truly am grateful thankful and blessed. I know it’s been an extra tough year for lots of us, more for some than others. Coming from a large family, six of us siblings, we are very blessed to still have both of our parents here with us.
Mom’s birthday is tomorrow and she will be 87. I created a lovely card for her here. Hope she loves it as much as I enjoyed creating it for her. Dad is following closely behind, with his 90th birthday in January. Keeping them safe was our #1 priority this year. That was a tough order. Dad loves people and everyone in our parish knows him. Hopefully, that vaccine will be out very soon and we can all resume life.
I hope you take a few moments today to reflect on the good; what you are thankful and grateful for and how you are blessed. Even if you don’t celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday, we can all use a little thanks giving.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Happy day before Thanksgiving!! So happy you’ve stopped by. I’ve got another fancy fold to share. This time, it’s an interlocking accordion. Showing off all those Brightly Gleaming designer series papers was my #1 priority.
You will need a sheet of 12×12 cardstock to create the interlocking accordion fold. But you know what, that’s not a problem. Did you know that there are assorted packages of 12×12 in all color families? Yep, that’s right. Flip to page 144 of the Annual Catalog. It’s the second item in the left hand column.
Because I wanted an extra special card for both my son and daughter, I’ve really stepped this one up. You can add or delete design details or CASE this one as is to send your own special Christmas card. Are you ready to see the inside.
Don’t be intimidated by the interlocking accordion fold. I promise I’ll break it down for you step by step. There are even two panels for you to add your own handwritten notes.
First of all, to cut the windows and frames, I’ve used the Rectangle Stitched dies.
Are you in love with those papers yet? They were so popular last year, Stampin’ Up! just had to bring them back for an encore. The specialty papers have copper foil accents on one side and great versatile designs on the other. You’ll be using the paper long after the Christmas season.
I know I’ve got lots of visual learners out there, so here is your FREE video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 12″, scored at 4″ and 8″. Cut the framed openings in panel #2 and panel #3 with the 4th largest rectangle stitched die. Pretty Peacock CS – 5 1/2″ x 4 1/2″, scored at 1/2″. Cut the open
- Inside Accordion – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 9″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″, and 8 1/4″. One @ 8 1/4″ x 3 1/4″, scored @ 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
- Front Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ornaments, Leaves, Sentiments – Very Vanilla CS – 2 3/4″ x 11″. Stamp the ornament and “Merry Christmas” in versa mark, sprinkle with copper embossing powder, heat set with heat tool. Stamp the other two sentiments in Pretty Peacock. Punch with the Rectangular Postage Punch. Stamp the holly leaves in Mossy Meadow.
- Sentiment Mat – Mossy Meadow CS – 2″ x 1/2″
- Interlocking Accordion Mats – Pretty Peacock CS – six @ 3″ x 2 1/2″. Brightly Gleaming DSP – pattern #1- two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, pattern #2 – two panels @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Very Vanilla CS – two @ 2 3/4″ x 2 1/4″. Stamp the flourish in Mossy Meadow.
- Frame Mats – Mossy Meadow CS – two @ 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, nest the 2nd and 4th largest rectangle dies in the center of the mat and cut. Two @ 3 3/4″ x 5 1/4″ – with the center with the 3rd largest rectangle die.
- DSP Inside Panel Mats – Brightly Gleaming DSP – two @ 3 1/2″ x 5″.
- Ribbon – Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible – 10″
- Scalloped Lace Trim – Very Vanilla – 2″
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 8 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, using the envelope punch board. Punch and score @ 3 3/4″.
Interlocking Accordion Fancy Fold Product List
I would love to hear if you give this one a try. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo!! It’s Merry & Bright sale time. Stampin’ Up! is offering a 24-hour online extravaganza. Get your 2020-2021 Annual Catalog and download My Wish List.
Almost everything in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog is included in the Merry & Bright Online Extravaganza. There are just a few exclusions.
When ordering, please use my Host Code, CRT26BZW. By placing a $35 minimum order your name goes on my prize wheel. The prize up for grabs is the Love of Leaves Bundle, a $47.50 value. Bump your order to $50, you name goes on the prize wheel and I’ll send you a package of the gorgeous Blue Adhevsive Backed Gems as a thank you. If your order is $150 or more, don’t use the host code. You’ll still receive the gift and chance at the prize.But, I want you to receive all those host benefits.
My Merry & Bright Sale Suggestions
If you are new to Stampin’ Up! and building your ink pad collection, this is a great opportunity for you to save on that investment.
Have any questions or need help with an order, just contact me here. I’m happy to help. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!