Welcome! Today’s cards, one Fall and one Christmas, both started with the Birch Background stamp. I love the texture it created. It was the perfect backdrop for both cards.
Since Fall is right around the corner, let’s kick things off with my Gather Together card. The Birch Background was stamped, tone on tone, in Crumb Cake. That’s a classic look and easy to pair with lots of rich fall colors. I chose Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze, two of my favorites.
I know it’s tough to appreciate, but I inked the gorgeous embossed leaves with our new Delicata Gold Ink. Gotta get you some of that, it’s fabulous.
Did you know you can emboss and cut those lovely Fall leaves in one pass through the die cutting machine? You sure can! Be sure to spritz your card stock first. I spritzed mine with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. That made it nice and sparkly. Then run it through and you’ll get that deeply embossed finish.
Just adding a little stamping on the inside of the card base makes things extra special. I stamped the large leaf in Crushed Curry. Ready for the Christmas card?
Have you seen the new Tidings All Around bundle. It’s not just for Christmas. The beautiful Birch Background was stamped, tone on tone again. This time I chose Gray Granite. That new color is a great neutral.
The wreaths were cut from Old Olive and Mossy Meadow and inked with the Delicata Copper ink. I think you can really see it on this one.
Just that little bit of glitz really sets off the colors and elevates your design to the next level. Who knew, just a little ink could make such a difference.
The color palette of Merry Merlot and Gray Granite goes well for Christmas. It’s rich and earthy and highlights that gorgeous birch background. I’ve got some tips and tricks I would love to share with you through my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Fall Card
- Card Base – Very Vanilla CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Crumb Cake CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Large Leaf – Crushed Curry CS – 3″ x 3″
- Embossed Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 2″ x 5 1/2″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 2 1/4″ x 2″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames
- Magnolia Lane Ribbon – 5″
- Linen Thread – 12″
- Christmas Card
- Card Base – Merry Merlot – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Stamped Mat – Gray Granite CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Wreaths – Old Olive CS and Mossy Meadow CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment – Very Vanilla CS – 1″ x 3″, cut with the die from Ornate Frames
- Sprigs – Copper Foil – 2″ x 2 3/4″
- Inside Mat – Very Vanilla CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Stampin’ Up! recently launched the 2019 Holiday Catalog. Hooray!! Creating a snow globe shaker card just became a very easy thing to do. Why? We have the Still Scenes bundle at our creative fingertips.
Recently, I hosted my Holiday Team Card Swap. I’ll be sure to share all the swap cards in a few days. Wait until you see the cards! They all are over the top fantastic. For my swap, I chose the Still Scenes bundle to create my snow globe shaker card.
Here’s a glimpse into my studio during swap prep. I had to be sure I had enough of that yummy designer series paper. Whew, I had just enough. But wait, I could always order more, right? I’m giving myselft permission to do just that.
Because I wanted the snow globe to appear 3D, I used the set a little differently. This time, it’s a stand alone element.
The sweet little scene in my snow globe shaker card was created with the Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP. You’re going to want to order multiples of that paper pack. It is fabulous. One side has photographic imagery. On the opposite side, you’ll enjoy hand-drawn silver foil.
To finish off the inside of my card, I punched the corners with our Detailed Trio Punch. That one has three images in one punch. Gotta love it! Then, I stamped the lovely sentiment from the Still Scenes stamp set in Night of Navy. I love the font.
Look how fabulous the 3D globe sits on the card base. But, it’s not too high, just the right size. We have the fabulous Snow Globe Shaker Domes in the new catalog. They have adhesive on the front and back lip of the domes. That makes it super easy to create shaker cards. What to learn how? Here’s my video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Night of Navy CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Mat – Silver Foil – 4″ x 5 1/4″ *Note – use this mat to cut the ring needed for your snow globe. All the details are in the video. Use the cirdle dies from the Layering Circles set. Dies measure 3 1/8″ and 2 5/8″.
- Embossed Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, embossed with the Swirls and Curls embossing folder.
- Sentiment – Night of Navy CS – 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, treat with embossing buddy. Stamp the sentiment from So Many Stars in Versa Mark ink. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat set with heat tool. Flag the right end. Trim the left end close to the “s”.
- House Scene – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″. Stamp the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. Color the Stampin’ Blends. Cut the image with the coordinating die. Apply the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint. Heat with the heat tool to activate the puff paint.
- DSP – Feels Like Frost Specialty DSP – 3″ (W) x 3 1/2″ (T).
- Snow Globe Stand – Night of Navy CS – 1 3/4″ x 3″. Silver Foil – 1 1/2″ x 2 3/4″. Cut both the the dies from the Snow Globe Scenes set.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, punch each corner with the Detailed Trio Punch. Stamp the sentiment from Still Scenes in Night of Navy.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ok, who’s ready for Snowman Season? Well, in New Orleans, I’ll have to settle for the Snowman Season bundle! But, that’s ok, it’s super cute. I’ve been wanting to create a viewfinder card for a while. When I saw the Snowman Season set, I invisioned the cute snowman juggling the snow.
The Snowman Season bundle comes with a punch. Gotta love that. It makes creating your holiday cards quick and easy. Be sure to check it out in the Let it Snow Suite, page 19. That suite includes so many fun little items to further enhance your designs. More great news, this bundle will be my November WOW Class to GO!
Be sure to add a couple of packages of the Let it Snow Specialty Designer Series Paper to your first order. One side is all sparkley!! And don’t forget the embellishment kit. Can you believe it, it includes 60 stitched felt accents.
The viewfinder mechanism allows the wheel to spin and the snow to appear. What kiddo wouldn’t love this one? Did you notice the glistening snow on the sentiment? Two new products make that possible. It’s the new Shimmery Crystal Effects and Ice Stampin’ Glitter. Those can be found on page 41.
I know you’re itching to create this card, right? In today’s FREE video tutorial I’ll teach you how to not only create this card, but a template for future use.
Wasn’t that fun? Let me know what you think. I love reading your comments.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Shaded Spruce CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Mat – Coastal Cabana CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mat – Let it Snow Specialty DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 2 1/4″, cut with the Stitched Rectangle die.
- Snowman – Whisper White CS – 4″ x 3″. Stamp the snowman in Basic Gray. Punch with the Snowman builder punch. Color the nose with the Dark Calypso Coral Stampin’ Blend.
- Snowbank – Sparkle Glimmer Paper – 1″ x 5″, free hand cut a curve
- Viewfinder Scallop Circle – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 3 3/4″, cut with the largest scallop circle in the Layering Circle die set.
- Viewfinder Accent Scallop – Coastal Cabana CS – 3″ x 1 3/4″, first punch with a 1″ circle, then hover over the negative and punch with the 1 3/8″ scallop punch. This will form your accent ring.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
You know you love Stampin’ Up!’s designer series paper. And now it’s going on sale. Woohoo!! Everyone has been asking about this and it’s finally here. Here’s all the details.
To give you some inspiration, here’s a card I created with the Floral Essence paper.
How about the Come Sail Away pack? Everyone was asking for a masculine theme. Well here it is.
And we can’t forget the lovely Magnolia Lane. That was one of the hottest new suites when the Annual Catalog launched.
That’s just a few of the lovely papers we’ve got on sale. But these were some of my favorites. What’s yours?
Ready to place your order? I’ve made it super easy. Here are all the links you’ll need. Just click and start filling your cart.
***2019 Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper Sale***
Let me know if you need any help or have any questions. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower”. -Albert Camus. How true is that with my Gathered Leaves card. I wanted the leaves to shine, to take center stage, to ring in the Autumn season.
Stampin’ Up!’s fabulous die set, Gathered Leaves, are fantastic. The cut and emboss at the same time!! As an avid card maker, I know I love that.
Because I spritzed my Crushed Curry card stock, before die cutting, it further enhanced the embossing. But, you guys know me, I couldn’t stop. Breaking out the new Delicata Metallic Ink Pad was a great decision. Look at al that glimmer. We have three new colors, copper, silver and gold. This time, copper of course.
Let’s take a closer look at yet another technique. That sparkle texture on the larger leaf. I created that with our Shimmery White Embossing Paste. Coloring it with the our Cajun Craze ink refill gave it the perfect Fall color. All I had to do was spread it over our new filigree mask. Voila, instant interest and texture. Not to mention, a fabulous shimmery finish.
There’s one more new product in that lovely focal mat. It’s the Mercury Glass Designer Acetate. WOW, just WOW!! I backed it with a piece of the Come to Gather DSP. I think that tied everything together. Don’t you?
Moving on to creating the panels, for the Gathered Leaves card, I continued my shimmery leaf theme. Did you know that you can stamp with the metallic inks? Subtle, shimmery and beatiful, what a great trio.
It was easy to choose a color palette. If you’re ever stumped, check out the colors on the back of the DSP. For my Gathered Leaves card, I used Pretty Peacock, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Very Vanilla. Want to see me put this card together?
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Pretty Peacock CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, on the 11′ side, score @ 2 3/4″ and 5 1/2″.
- Z-Fold Crushed Curry CS – 3 1/4″ x 9 3/4″, on the 9 3/4″ side, score @ 3 1/4″ and 6 1/2″.
- DSP Mats – Come to Gather DSP – two @ 4″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″. Emboss with the Subtle Embossing Folder. Ink the edges in Cajun Craze.
- Focal Mat – Come to Gather DSP – 3″ x 3″, Mercury Glass Acetate – 3″ x 3″.
- Inside Mats – Very Vanilla CS – two @ 3″ x 3″.
- Leaves – Crushed Curry CS – one @ 3″ x 3″ and one @ 2″ x 3 1/2″, die cut with the Gathered Leaves die set.
Did you enjoy that? I would love your comments. Feedback is always helpful and appreciated. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!