I’ve got lots to share with you all today. Are you ready for lots of gorgeous card making ideas and inspiration? In my video, linked below, join me for some happy mail and an Annual Catalog Card Swap from my WOW Team. But first, I’ll teach you how to create the card that was my contribution to the swap. It’s an easy accordion fancy fold that can be adapted to lots of occasions. Be sure to stay to the end of the video for an important announcement.
I love incorporating fancy folds into my card making? How about you? The best part about this fold is that you can show off lots of designer series paper. And you know we all have those scraps laying around. This fold is a perfect way to show those off.
I’ve used two new bundles from the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog on this one. Be sure to add the True Beauty and Charming Sentiments bundles to your card making arsenal. Ready to open up this accordion fold to reveal all those lovely papers.
The Textured Chic Specialty DSP package is filled with lovely patterns, highlighted with gold foiling. Lots of choices for some masculine cards along with a lovely Christmas option as well.
In today’s video tutorial, I’ll show off all the other cards from my WOW Team Swap. Be sure to stay to the end of the video. I’ve got some important news to share.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Petal Pink CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- Base Mat – Pool Party CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″, embossed with the Quatrefoil Embossing Folder
- Accordion – Petal Pink CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored @ 3″, 5 1/2″, 8″ and 9 1/2″
- Bellyband – Petal Pink CS – 1″ x 9 1/2″, scored @ 2 3/4″ & 7 1/8″, embossed with the Quatrefoil Embossing Folder
- Stamped Images & Stitched Circle – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Stamp the flower in Petal Pink, two sets of leaves in Soft Succulent, thank you sentiment in Evening Evergreen. Cut the 2nd to largest stitched circle with the die from the Stylish Shapes die set.
- Sprigs – Evening Evergreen CS – two @ 2″ x 3 1/2″. Gold Foil – two @ 1 1/4″ x 2 3/4″. Cut the images with the dies from the Organic Beauty die set.
- Envelope – Basic White
- Pearls – 3 small, colored with the Dark Soft Succulent Blend
- Butterflies – Brushed Brass – 1 large and 2 small
Card Making Product List
Thanks again for following my work during my Stampin’ Up! journey. I’m ready for my new beginning. If you happen to be at a crossroads and need a prayer to help guide your decision, here is the prayer that I shared at the end of my video.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful,
Ready to shop my 2022 Retired Clearance Sale? What a silly question, of course you are. I’m offering products in 6 categories to choose from. Thank goodness my sweet daughter helped me categorize, photograph and enter the inventory for this sale. I invite you to click this link to head over to my sale page.
All the guidelines and how to order from my retired clearance sale are included on my sale page. If you have any questions, or need any help, please contact me here.
Time for another catalog to retire. Calling all my bargain hunters out there! We’ve got select items 10% to 50% off. I’ve made it super easy for you listing the items on sale in each category. The Last Chance Sale will begin June 1st, ending June 30th. Popular items will go quick, so don’t delay on your must-haves. Just click any of the thumbnails below to start filling your shopping cart.
Bargain Hunter Sale Items
10% Off Items
30% Off Items
50% Off Items
While some items are carrying over, some are retiring for good. And the really good news for my bargain hunters, is that some items are on sale. Click the link below to download your copy of the Last Chance Promotion Flyer.
If you have any questions or need any help with an order, please contact me. If your order is less than $150, you really help me out by using my Host Code, FNRJJ9PBX. Thank you so much.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! I’ve got something special to share with you. Today’s anniversary card is for my Mom & Dad. Want to take a guess how many years they have been together? Are you sitting down? We are going to be celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary June 1st. Nope, that’s not a typo, it truly is 70 years.
Our family has been very blessed having these two to guide and lead us, setting this true positive example of dedication and love. That’s why today’s anniversary card is a special one. The flowers are definitely for Mom and the more masculine color palette and simplistic structure is for Dad. That’s what marriage is all about, right? A little give and take makes everyone happy and content.
By choosing a monochromatic palette, I think the card depicts classic beauty. Pretty fitting for a 70th anniversary card, don’t you think? To create Mom’s little bouquet, I chose to work with the Cottage Rose bundle.
To make the center flower more 3D, I stamped the image 3 times and cut away petals from two of the images, creating a layered effect. Dad likes simplicity, so the card couldn’t be too fussy. I needed a focal image, and the new Fancy Frames dies did just the trick.
To enhance things a little more, I also cut the large die from the Artistic die set for a backdrop and not too much frill. Using the large leaf die, from the same set, I was able to create all the leaf sets for Mom’s flowers. Nothing left to do, but stamp a little greeting on the inside. I left a lot of room to write a message on this very special occasion.
In my video tutorial, not only will I teach you how to create this anniversary card, but I’ve got lots of tips and tricks along the way.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Basic White CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″
- Mats – Basic Black CS – two @ 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Embossed Mat – Silver Foil – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, embossed with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder
- Accent Die Cut – Basic Black CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the largest die from the Artistic die set
- Focal Image – Basic Black CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″, back the CS with adhesive sheet and cut the image with the die from the Fancy Frames die set. Silver Foil – 3″ x 4 1/2″, run embossing buddy over the surface, stamp the sentiment in Versa Mark, sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat set.
- Leaves – Basic Black CS – 3 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, cut with the die from the Artistic die set
- Flowers – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 11″, stamp the flowers in Memento Black. Stamp three medium and three of the larger images. Die cut the images with the dies from the Cottage Rose die set. Dissect the large flower as shown in the video. Run the versa mark pad over the edges of the petals. sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Use Wink of Stella in the center of each flower.
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon – 5″
- Matte Black Dots – 3 large
Anniversary Card Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by and allowing me to share the great news. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Ready for some the techniques? Wondering how to use the new Masking Paper from Stampin’ Up! No worries, I’ve got you covered in today’s FREE card making class. I’ll show you three different way to use the masking paper, all in one card.
Technique #1 will feature the large background die from the Organic Beauty die set. Use the die to cut the image from the Masking Paper. Voila, you’ve just created yourself a custom stencil. I wanted the background on the card to look like a lattice. Do you think I’ve achieved it?
By using my Blending Brush I was able to blend Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze. Once blended, you just peel away the Masking Paper to reveal your pattern. Break out all this large dies and have a play.
Technique #2 is an oldie but goodie, You can stamp an image onto the masking paper, cut it out and use it to create lots of dimension on your projects. Just remember, whatever you stamp first will come forward.
I used this technique on both the focal image and the set of flowers on the inside of the card. Ready to learn these two techniques along with a bonus on the envelope? In my video tutorial I’ll show you all the tips and tricks.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Cajun Craze CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored @ 4 1/4″
- Inside Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Technique Mat – Basic White CS – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Accent Band – Cajun Craze CS – 1″ x 6″, embossed with the Quatrefoil Tile Embossing Folder
- Focal – Vellum CS – 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, cut with the largest circle from the Stylish Shapes die set
- Leaves & Large Sprigs – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp all images in Old Olive and die cut with the dies fro the Organic Beauty die set
- Rose Focal Image – Basic White CS – 3″ x 5 1/2″, stamp the roses in Pumpkin Pie and the leaves in Old Olive
- Sprigs – Old Olive CS – 3 1/2″ x 2 3/4″, cut three with the die from the Organic Beauty die set
- Masking Paper – cut one rose image on one of the large background die images
- Envelope – Basic White
- Heart Pearls – 1 large and 2 small
Masking Paper Techniques with True Beauty Product List
Hope you have some fun with this one. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!