WOW Team Card Challenge time!! This month, it’s all about stamps, ink and paper. That’s right #simplestamping. By challenging my team to step outside their typical stamping styles, I think they surprised themselves. Because we got back to basics, I think the entire WOW Team used this to their advantage and rocked this challenge. Let’s take a closer look to see how you can incorporate the stamps, ink and paper challenge into your card making. First up, we have Tonia Breland Bates.
Isn’t this just brilliant? I love the technique of repetitive stamping. Tonia stepped it up by adding a new color each time. So cute! She used a retired set, it’s an oldie, but goodies. And I’m sure she stamped and fussy the birthday cake. Next up, Eva Hibbing and another Happy Birthday card.
Using the stamp from the Sale-a-Bration set Thoughtful Blooms, Eva created a fabulous diagonal focus. I’m lovin’ all the colors and patterns. WOW Team Member, Margaret Savage, used the same set. But look at the different look she achieved.
Her color palette is soft and sophisticated. Because the So Sentimental set, in the mini catalog, has a fabulous array of sentiments, Margaret included one of those for her inside greeting. Let’s see what Molly Downing has in store using only stamps, ink and paper.
Isn’t this fun? Molly’s color choice is right on point. She’s used the Wish For It All set from the Annual Catalog. That set has a gorgeous set of coordinating dies. Certainly, you can see too, that Molly used multi colors on her sentiment. Just fabulous and a great use of color. Next up we have a little fancy fold from Helene Hebert.
WOW, a true star of the show on this card, the Morning Star set. That one too has a set of coordinating dies, the Stiched Stars set. It’s a carry over from the Holiday Catalog. Most noteworthy, you could change the sentiment on this one for a beautiful sympathy card. Let’s change gears to a more masculine theme with Paula-Kay Bourland’s creation.
Because Paula created a lovely watercolor wash backgound she was all ready for this stamps, ink and paper challenge. Her card features the fabulous Sailing Home set. That’s another Annual Catalog set. Next up we have another fun fold. This time Lisa Lepine used one of my favorite sets, Positive Thoughts.
Lisa actually won the challenge this month. Everyone that participates, gets their name in the drawing for the prize. Each month, the challenge, gives us all so many ideas and inspiration. Lisa’s easel card really shows off the incredible possibilities with this set. Last, but certainly not least, we have Klarissa Nightingale.
Klarissa too used one of my favorites, Beautiful Friendship. Her fabulous use of color and assortment of stamps created a beautiful background for her sentiment. This set is truly a winner and a must-have staple in your craft stash.
Can you belive it, just stamps, ink and paper. Finally, since Lisa was the winner this month, I’m featuring her card in a video tutorial.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Calypso Coral CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score @ 2 1/8″ and 4 1/4″.
- Mats – Crumb Cake – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Stamped Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″
- Inside Mat – 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Banner – Calypso Coral CS – 1 1/8″ x 5 1/4″, Crumb Cake CS – 1″ x 5 1/8″ and Whisper White CS 7/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Sentiment – Calypso Coral CS – 1 3/4″ x 2 1/4″, Crumb Cake CS – 1 5/8″ x 2 1/8″ and Whisper White CS 1 1/2″ x 2″.
- Butterfly – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 4″
Positive Thought Product List
Stamps, ink and paper Team Challenge
Didn’t they all do a fabulous job? I hope you enjoyed this month’s WOW Team Challenge. You could be a part of this fun too. Thinking about joining Stampin’ Up!? I would love to have you on my WOW Team. Contact me today so we can get you started.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Whose ready for some fun? How about this super cute interactive shaker card and treat box, created with the Bonanza Buddies bundle?
Ok, I know you are smiling. How can you not? Just the designer series paper alone makes me happy. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to create a shaker card. So, let’s start things off with that.
First of all, I needed a bright, happy color palette. I’ve used Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White and Terracotta Tile. Don’t you just love the balloons in the background. It was easy to pull the colors from the paper.
Because I needed some pretty bits to fill my shaker, I cut some hearts using the die from Be Mine Stitched. As a result, I was able to fill the shaker with two colors of the hearts for a truly happy card.
The Bonanza Buddies bundle is filled with all sorts of cute little critters. I chose the toucan for this card. And of course, he needed a party hat and present to complete the scene.
Finally, I added a small strip of the DSP inside the card to tie things together. And I just love it when the set includes larger sentiments to use as inside greetings. Now let’s dive into the sweet little treat box.
While I’ve designed this for a party favor, you could easily adapt it into a gift box for the birthday boy/girl. Another sweet little Bonanza Buddy seems to be celebrating the big day.
Because the set is a two-step set, it’s super easy to line up the little face on the koala. And just look at how much personality that guy has.
Another great feature of the treat box is that it’s large enough to hold lots of different types of treats. What’s in mine? Well, animal crackers of course.
Here’s how the card magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Whisper White CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, score at 4 1/4″.
- Mats – Bermuda Bay CS – two @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- DSP Mats – Birthday Bonanza DSP – 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Frame – Daffodil Delight CS – 3 1/2″ x 5″, cut with the dies from the Stitched Rectangles die set.
- Banners – Bermuda Bay CS and Terracotta Tile CS – one each @ 4″ x 1″, cut with the die from the Bonanza die set. Apply wink of stella on both.
- Stamped Images – Whisper White CS – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″, stamp the toucan in Memento Tuxedo Black, the hat and present in Bermuda Bay and the bow in Memento Tuxedo Black. Die cut the hat and toucan with the dies from the Bonanza die set. Fussy cut the present.
- Shaker Hearts – Bermuda Bay CS and Terracotta Tile CS – one each @ 1 3/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Be Mine Stitched die set. You will use 1/2 of each color for the card. Use the long die cut to decorate the flap of your envelope.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1/2″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay.
- Inside Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 3/4″ x 5″, stamp the sentiment in Bermuda Bay.
- Accent Strip – Birthday Bonanza DSP – 3/4″ x 5″.
- Window Sheet – 2 1/2″ x 4″.
Here’s how the treat box magic happens.
- Box – Bermuda Bay CS – 10 3/8″ x 7″, on the 10 3/8″ side, score @ 3 1/2″, 5″, 8 1/2″ and 10″. Turn on the 7″ side and score @ 1 1/2″ and 5 1/2″.
- Mats – Daffodil Delight CS – one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 1 3/8″.
- DSP Mats – Birthday Bonanza DSP – one @ 3″ x 3 1/2″ and one @ 3″ x 1″.
- Stitched Circle – Grapefruit Grove CS – 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the die from Stitched Shapes.
- Banner – Grapefruit Grove CS – 1 1/2″ x 4″, cut with the Bonanza dies.
- Sentiment – Daffodil Delight CS – 3/4″ x 2 1/2″, stamp the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black and fussy cut.
- Koala – Whisper White CS – 2″ x 2″, stamp the koala in Smoky Slate and the face in Memento Tuxedo Black. Cut with the Bonanza die.
Bonanza Buddies Shaker Card and Treat Box Product List
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Today is the big day. And I’m not talking about April fools day. Because today, Stampin’ Up! is launching the sneak peek of the Ornate Garden Suite. This gorgeous suite will be in the new 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. But lucky us, we can all get it now. Perfect timing!
April fools is typically a day of little pranks and fun. This year, April 1st is more of a day for all things beautiful and special. I’ve even got an ordering special for you. Up for grabs, in my prize drawing, is a chance to win a Stamparatus! Check out the flyer below.
Check out all the yummy products you get when you order the entire suite.
Want a super easy way to order it all? Again, no April fools! You can enter just one item number to fill your basket with all the items included in the suite. Click the link below, be sure to add my host code, 4DJU76SR, to be entered in my Stamparatus prize drawing.
Ornate Garden Suite
Because Stampin’ Up!’s rules and regulations prohibit me from selling outside the U.S., only United States residents are eligible. Act fast, my promotion begins April fools day (4/1/20) and ends April 5, 2020. I’ll spin the wheel and announce the winner on April 6, 2020. Any questions, please contact me. Good luck everyone and happy shopping.
Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Woohoo! Time for a fun fold. Today I would love to share with you the fabulous Morning Star stamp set featured in the corner flip fold. This is an easy fold that you can incorporate into any of your card making. Join me to learn this easy fun fold.
Because the Morning Star set is a two-step set, you can stamp gorgeous flowers on those lovely vines quick and easy. It’s a 14-piece photopolmer set that coordinats with the Stitched Stars Dies. That die set carried over from the holiday catalog.
Creating this card is quick and easy and uses minimal supplies. I think it would be great if you created a list of family and friends that could use a lift. Send out a batch this week!
Above all, have some fun. Choose some colors, pull some cardstock and stamp to your heart’s content. My color palette is Balmy Blue, Whisper White, Sahara Sand and Pear Pizzazz. Seem’s like a soft soothing palette. What do you think?
First of all, on my focal image, I needed a little background texture and color. That’s where the beautiful Parisian Beauty stamp set came in. I’ve stamped the script in second generation Sahara Sand.
Then it was easy to finish off the inside of the card using the smaller flower and vines. You can choose from any of the other sentiments in the Morning Star set, but I needed a few thank you cards. Watch how quick and easy the corner flip fold can be.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Balmy Blue CS – 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″. Line up the card stock on your trimmer with the 8 1/2″ side across the top. Line up at 3″, cut from 2 1/2″ to 4 7/8″. Turn the cardstock clockwise, and line up at 3″, cut from 3″ to 5/8″.
- Mats – Sahara Sand CS – one @ 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ and one @ 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Mats – Whisper White CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and one @ 3 3/4″ x 5″.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″, cut with the die from Stitched Rectangles die set.
- Punched Trim – Whisper White CS – 1 1/4″ x 11″, punched with the Decorative Ribbon Border punch.
- Leaves – Pear Pizzazz CS – 2 1/4″ x 1 1/4″, cut the dies from the Cherry Blossom die set.
Morning Star Corner Flip Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!
Welcome! So excited to share with you one of my favorite things to do. What’s that? It’s creating my own designer series paper. This month, I’ll be creating a one sheet wonder with Beautiful Friendship. Even more, this card is super special because it’s my April 2020 customer thank you cards.
First of all, one of the best parts of being a demonstrator, is sharing and gaining inspiration from others. Be sure to visit Ruth Trice’s blog, for even more one sheet wonder ideas. Ruth is a very talented artist residing in the UK. I think you will love her work. I know I sure do.
And to think, it all starts with a sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ Whisper White cardstock. Because I broke out lots of inks from the Subtles family, this piece has a nice, soft springtime theme.
By maxmizing your paper cuts, you can definately create four cards from one sheet. My one sheet wonder with Beautiful Friendship is filled with lots of texture and interest. I’ve incorated a couple of other sets in the design. One of which is Butterfly Wishes. I love all the images in that DisINKtive set.
Can you believe you get all that yummy detail with just stamps, ink and paper. I find this type of stamping very relaxing. No pressure, grab a sheet of cardstock, break out those inks. I give you permission to just play.
That pretty sentiment is cut with one of the dies from the Stitched So Sweetly set. And that gorgeous sentiment can be found in the Peaceful Moments set. If you are looking for a versatile greeting set, that’s the one for you.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Supplies listed will create four cards.
- One sheet wonder with Beautiful Friendship – 8 1/2″ x 11″ Whisper White CS
- Card Bases – Thick Whisper White CS – two sheets – Score @ 4 1/4″, cut at 5 1/2″
- Mats – So Saffron CS – four @ 3″ x 5 1/4″
- One Sheet Wonder Mats – four @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 1/2″ x 11″, stamp four sentiments, cut each with the die from Stitched So Sweetly.
- Ribbon – Petal Pink Metallic Edge – about 1 yard.
- Champagne Rhinestones – 4 medium and 8 small
One Sheet Wonder with Beautiful Friendship Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you give this technique a try. I think you’ll surprise yourself. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!