Are you ready for a fancy fold? Today I’ll be featuring the Arrow Fold I learned from Sam with Mixed Up Crafts. I love how all us paper crafting artists share with one another. When I saw the fold, I knew I wanted to showcase the unique Stitched Leaves die cuts.
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” – Albert Camus
Fall is my favorite season of year and beautiful leaves are my favorite element. I’m a country nature girl, lived on the farm my entire life. I love to see the ground covered in colorful crunchy leaves. Some leaves hang on longer, but eventually they all fall.
The Arrow Fold truly is easy but the perfect platform for all kinds of bouquets. Today, it’s all about those gorgeous stitched leaves. This is an oversized card, but I’m sure you can adapt the size. Because those leaves are so beautiful, I wanted to be sure I had enough real estate to showcase them in style.
Likewise, the fantastic new Brushed Metallic cardstock was perfect for the sprigs, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set.
Finally, I love the fact that when you cut the angles for all the mats, there is NO waste at all. I’ll be making more fancy folds like this. I’ve got a Christmas card in my head that’s got to be created! Watch how easy you can create this fold.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Thick Very Vanilla CS – 10″ x 7″, scored at 5″. On the card front, place a tick mark at each side at 2 1/2″. Then place a tick mark at the bottom at 3 1/2″. Connect tick marks as shown in the video tutorial.
- Mat – Cajun Craze CS – 4 3/4″ x 6 1/2″, tick on the 6 1/2″ side at 3 1/4″, cut as show in the video tutorial.
- DSP Mat – Gilded Autumn DSP – 4 1/4″ x 5 3/4″, on the 5 3/4″ side tick at 2 7/8″, cut as show in the video tutorial.
- Leaves – Cajun Craze CS – 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2″, Pumpkin Pie CS – 3″ x 4 1/2″, and Crushed Curry CS – 2 1/4″ x 3 1/2″, cut an assortment of leaves with the Stitched Leaves die set.
- Sentiment & Acorns – Very Vanilla CS – one @ 2 1/2″ x 2″ and 1 @ 1 1/4″ x 4″. Stamp the sentmient in Cajun Craze and cut with the die from the Stitched So Sweetly die set. Stamp the acorns in Early Espresso, cap in Cajun Craze and bottom in Crumb Cake. Punch with the cooresponding punch fro the Autumn Punch Pack.
- Sprigs – Brushed Metallic CS in Copper – three @ 1 1/4″ x 2 3/4″, cut with the die from the Sunflower die set.
- Envelope – Very Vanilla CS – 9 1/2″ x 9 1/2″.
Arrow Fold Fancy Fold Product List
I hope you give this one a try. The new products will launch August 4th. Be sure to visit my online store and take advantage of my BOGO Sale. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!