Do you want to be the hit of the party? When you present your gift in this amazing gift bag, you sure will be. And the recipient will feel so special because you took the time to create it. They could even cut the lovely amazing bag mat from the bag and frame it!
My sister, who by the way is one of my WOW Club Members, is having a party next week. And hooray for her, she is the hostess. She asked that I design a gift bag and card for her club night projects. I know her favorite color is purple. I also knew that Mother’s Day is fast approaching and she loves to give special things to our Mom. That’s where my inspiration started. All of the sentiments in the Strong & Beautiful set spoke to me, so creating this amazing gift bag was a true pleasure.
If you haven’t already, be sure to check out the Beauty Abounds bundle in our Occasions Catalog. The large butterfly dies don’t always have to be used in one piece. Here, in this amazing gift bag, I cut them apart and used them throughout the design. Pretty nifty, if I say so myself.
The large swoosh in the set is easy to color. You can use watercolor pencils, Stampin’ Blends or Stampin’ Write Markers. Since I’m doing this on a club night, and I know everyone doesn’t have one color medium, we are going to use a blender pen with our ink pads. See, that’s what makes Stampin’ Up! products so great. Everything coordinates!!!
Wondering what my color palette is? I’ve used Gorgeous Grape, Pool Party, Garden Green, Early Espresso and Whisper White. And of course, you know me, we have to have some texture. That’s where I brought in a few embossing folders. Remember, that’s an inexpensive way to make things beautiful.
What makes the project even a little more special is that if you don’t want to decorate the bag, with all these wonderful pretties, there is an alternative. You could use the pieces you’ve created to make cards.
Now what could be better than that? I know, a FREE video tutorial. Here you go.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Base – Gorgeous Grape CS – 6 ¾” x 8 ½”
- Large Butterfly Die Cut – Garden Green CS – 5 ½” x 4 ¼” – cut with the thicker large die from the Butterfly Beauty set. Pool Party CS – 5 ½” x 4 ¼”, back with Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet – cut with the thinner large die from the Butterfly Beauty set.
- Adhere the large butterfly die cuts together. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
- Cut the die apart, isolating each of the butterflies.
- Block #1 – Smaller butterfly to the largest butterfly.
- Block #2 –Next two smaller butterflies – adhere one of the small Gorgeous Grape butterflies to the center of each.
- Block #3 – Side-view butterfly
- Block #1
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 3 ¾” x 5 ¼”
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 3 ½” x 5”, embossed with the Country Floral Embossing Folder, spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist
- Scallop Oval – Garden Green CS – 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”, cut with the largest scallop oval from the Layering Oval Framelits. You will cut the oval in half vertically to frame the Gorgeous Grape Oval.
- Oval – Gorgeous Grape CS – 3 ¼” x 4 ¼”, cut with the largest oval from the Layering Oval Framelits. Emboss with the Lovely Floral embossing folder.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 1 ½” x 2 ½”, Stamp set – Strong & Beautiful – stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso, quickly sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Cut the image with the die from Stitched Labels. Gorgeous Grape CS – 1 ½” x 2 ½”, cut the same image to back the sentiment.
- Small Butterflies – Gorgeous Grape CS – 1” x 1” – cut two of the mini butterflies with the die from Butterfly Beauty.
- Block #2
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 5 ¼” x 2 ¼”
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 5” x 2”, Beauty Abounds stamp set – stamp the flourish in Early Espresso, quickly sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Color the image with a blender pen and ink from the pad as follows: Striped Swirls – Highland Heather, Leaves – Garden Green, Flowers – Gorgeous Grape, Base of Flowers – Highland Heather
- Stamp the large Bokeh stamp, from Beauty Abounds, in the upper left hand and lower right hand corners in Highland Heather.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 3” x 1 ½”, stamp set – Strong & Beautiful – stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso, quickly sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool. Punch the image with the Classic Label Punch.
- Gorgeous Grape CS – Punch one Classic Label to back the sentiment.
- Small Butterflies – Gorgeous Grape CS – 1 ½” x 1 ½” – cut two of the small butterflies with the dies from Butterfly Beauty.
- Block #3
- Mat – Early Espresso CS – 6 ¼” x 2 ½”
- Mat – Whisper White CS – 6” x 2 ¼”, embossed with the Layered Leaves embossing folder.
- Stitched Rectangle – Gorgeous Grape CS – 4 ¼” x 2 ¼”, cut with the die from Rectangle Stitched framelits.
- Sentiment – Whisper White CS – 4 ¼” x 2 ¼”, stamp set – Strong & Beautiful – stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso, quickly sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool, cut with the die from Rectangle Stitched framelits.
- Heart – Gorgeous Grape CS – 1” x 1”, cut the heart with the die from Stitched Labels dies.
- Flower – Whisper White CS – 2” x 2”, stamp set – Incredible Like You. This is a two-step stamp. Stamp the detail stamp in Gorgeous Grape, stamp the fill in with Highland Heather. Fussy cut the image and ink in Gorgeous Grape.
- Leaves – Garden Green CS – Scrap – punch two sets of leaves with the Leaf Punch. Cut the leaves apart , crimp with a tweezer. Adhere two sets of two together then to the back of the flower.
When’s your next party? Want to create this amazing gift bag? Be sure to pick up all your supplies in my online store. Thanks for shopping with me, I truly appreciate it.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!