Welcome! Guess what? Even if you aren’t a scrapbooker, I think you will enjoy this post. All the elements in my Adventure scrapbook layout can be adapted to your cardmaking and 3D projects. My designs are filled with dimension, texture and interest. Let me show you how to stretch your dies and stamps and get more from them.
Creating my own designer series paper is a favorite technique. This time I used Pretty Peacock and Smoky Slate with the Very Versailles set to create my background paper.
For the title, I cut three of the words, stacked them and applied versa mark. Then by sprinkling it with clear embossing powder and heat setting with the heat tool, I created a more substantial element.
To create even more interest on my adventure scrapbook layout, I created a secondary area to highlight a sentiment. The Heirloom Frames helped to create the centering point. You could also add another photo, but I love the little sentiment tucked into the frame.
There is just so much to share in this design. I thought you might like a FREE video tutorial. So here you go.
Here’s how the magic happens.
Base Mat – 12” x 12” Whisper White CS – Stamp as follows:
- Leaves – Very Versailles set – 1st, 2ndand 3rdgeneration in Pretty Peacock
- Script – Very Versailles set – 1st, 2nd, and 3rdgeneration in Smoky Slate
- Rococo Rose CS – 6 ½” x 6 ½”
- Woven Threads DSP – 6” x 6”
- Whisper White CS – 5 ½” x 4”, cut with the largest die from Rectangle Stitched Dies
- Pretty Peacock CS – 6” x 4 1/2”
- Whisper White CS – 6” x 4 3/8, cut with the die from Stitched Lace
- Pretty Peacock CS – 3 ¾” x 5”, cut with the die from Heirloom Frames. Embossed with the Heirloom Frame Embossing Folder. Spritz with Champagne Shimmer Mist.
Flowers & Leaves
- Whisper White CS – three @ 2 ¼” x 9”, cut three sets of petals for each flower with the dies from Magnolia Memory set; two large, and one of each of the smaller petal images, per flower.
- Emboss the petals with the Subtle Embossing Folder.
- Ink the edges of each petal in Sahara Sand. Lightly brush the surface of each petal with Rococo Rose.
- Spritz all images with the Champagne Shimmer Mist. Crumple and then carefully open each. Allow to dry before assembly.
- Flower Centers – Sahara Sand CS – punch three ½” circles. Emboss with the Script embossing folder. Ink the edges in Rococo Rose.
- Leaves- Vellum CS – 2” x 11”, punch six images with the Leaf punch. Stamp the script mages from the Very Versailles set in Smoky Slate. Allow to dry.
- Whisper White CS – 4 ¼” x 11”. Stamp the following images.
- Perfume Bottles – Fanciful Fragrance set – Smoky Slate – lightly color in the flowers and bow with the Rococo Rose Stampin’ Write Marker. Color the leaves with the Soft Seafoam Stampin’ Write Marker. Apply Wink of Stella to the bottle stoppers. Fussy cut the image. Apply a bow embellishment, from the Bird Ballad Trinkets, with a glue dot.
- Sentiment – Fanciful Fragrance set – stamp in Pretty Peacock – Fussy cut the image.
- Medallion Frames – Very Versailles set – stamp in Pretty Peacock and fussy cut the images.
- Fleur de Lis – Fanciful Fragrance set – stamp two images in Smoky Slate, punch with the 1 ¼” circle punch (retired). Ink the edges in Smoky Slate.
- Rococo Rose CS – 2” x 4 ¼”, punch two 1 3/8” scalloped circles.
- Woven Threads DSP – cut one of the large medallions from the DSP. You will use ½ of the image. Apply versa mark ink over the entire surface, sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.
Detailed Band – Top Mat
- Pretty Peacock CS – 5 ½” x 3 ½”, cut with the die from Detailed Bands. Cut the image in half to use at the top and right side of the large mat.
- Pretty Peacock CS – Two @ 5” x 4”, cut 2 branch/leaves with the die from Sweet Silhouettes. Dissect as needed to use on the layout.
Adventure – Title
- Rococo Rose CS – 4 ¼” x 4”, cut three of the words, Adventure, with the die from Sweet Silhouettes.
- Adhere all three images together.
- Apply versa mark ink, sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.
- Wet glue the four petals together, offsetting each.
- Apply a mini Stampin’ Dimensional to the flower center and pop to the flower.
- Adhere the DSP to the Rococo Rose CS.
- Adhere the detailed band die cut to the top and right side of the mat with scotch tape.
- Pop the photo mat.
- Adhere the flowers, upper right, lower left to the mat. Adhere small sections of branch/leaves. Adhere two vellum leaves under each flower.
- Adhere the Pretty Peacock mat to the back of the Stitched Lace mat. Trim so that both pieces are flush.
- Apply tear and tape to the bottom edge of the mat. Adhere the Sahara Sand Woven Threads Trim.
- Pop the frame to the right bottom of the ma.
- Pop the perfume bottles on the left, wet glue to the right.
- Pop the sentiment inside the frame.
- Adhere sprigs of the branch/leaves to the lower left of the mat with scotch tape.
- Adhere the flower, upper right. Adhere the leaves and small section of the branch/leaves.
Fleur De Lis Elements
- Pop the stamped image to the scalloped circle.
- Adhere the scalloped circle to the medallion.
- Adhere a small piece of the branch/leaves to the back of the medallion with scotch tape.
- Adhere the top mat to the page.
- Adhere the bottom mat to the page.
- Adhere the large medallion to the upper right of the page.
- Pop the Fleur de Lis elements to the page.
- Adhere the Adventure title to the page.
I appreciate you shopping my online store. Just click any item below to start filling your cart.
Thanks so much for stopping by, until next time, Create Something Beautiful!