Today’s card is extra special. It’s for my Dad’s 90th birthday. He loves all the cards I create for him, but he really enjoys the fancy folds. My Dad still works on the farm, has a heart of gold, is faith filled and definitely the leader in the family. He is fun-loving, a social butterfly and cooks for the masses. He is a sweetheart, very giving and loves my Mom to the moon. They’ve been married 68 years.
When I give him his 90th birthday card, I hope to see a smile just like this one. This photo was taken on his 80th. We definitely need to take one on January 3rd to celebrate his special day.
The four-panel fancy fold is easy but gives you lots of paper crafting real estate to add lots of sentiments and/or embellishments. I had so much to say, I needed all that room to relay all those feelings.
Did you notice the World of Good Specialty DSP on page 25 of the Annual Catalog? It’s the perfect paper stack for masculine cards.
A 90th birthday celebration wouldn’t be complete without lots of glitz and shine. Bringing in lots of our Brass Foil paper added that vibe to his card.
By stamping the globe in versa mark I was able to emboss it. Then coloring it with a wash of Misty Moonlight it added a very realistic look to the ocean water.
Now this sentiment was just so perfect, I had to include it. You can get the set, Approaching Perfection during the Sale-a-Bration promotion beginning January 5th. You can earn it for FREE with a qualifying order.
So what do you think? Will dad love it? I sure do hope it makes him feel as special as he is. Be sure to leave a comment on my YouTube Video for a chance to win one of these cards.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Whisper White CS – 5 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, scored at 1/4″, 3 3/4″ and 7 1/4″, turn and with the 1/4″ scoreline at the top, score at 5/8″ down to the 7 1/4″ scoreline. Cut off the 5/8″ score. For the card base, also cut one piece at 4 1/4″ x 2 3/4″.
- Mats – Misty Moonlight CS – two @ 21/2″ x 4″; two @ 3 1/4″ x 4 11/16″; one @ 5 1/4″ x 4″
- DPS Mats – World of Good Specialty DSP – two @ 2 1/4″ x 3 3/4″; two @ 3″ x 4 1/2″ and one @ 5″ x 3 3/4″
- DSP Banners – World of Good Specialty DSP – one @ 1 1/4″ x 4″ and one @ 2″ x 5″, punched with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Scallop Squares – Brass Foil – one @ 2 1/4″ x 2 1/4″, one @ 2″ x 2″ and one @ 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″ cut with the dies from the Layering Squares set.
- Scallop Oval – Brass Foil – 2 3/4″ x 2 3/4″ cut with the die from the Layering Ovals set.
- Sentiments – Whisper White CS – 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″, stamp in Misty Moonlight, die cut with the dies from the Layering sets listed above.
- Globe – Brass Foil – 2″ x 2″ cut with the die from the World Map set
- Globe Stand – Brass Foil – 2 1/2″ x 3″, cut with the die from the World Map set
- Beaded Strips – Brass Foil two @ 1″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Field Tiles set
- Stamped Globe – Whisper White CS – 3″ x 3″, stamped in versa mark and embossed with black embossing powder. Heat set with the heat tool. Die cut with the die from the World Map set.
90th Birthday 4-Panel Fancy Fold Product List
Here’s wishing my Dad a very Happy 90th birthday and many more!!! Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!