I couldn’t wait to use the 3-point fancy fold for my Mom’s 88th birthday card. I’ve used the gorgeous Hand-Penned DSP as the star of the show. Why? Because my Mom loves flowers and those soft colors will make her smile.
But wait, I see two of those 3-Point fancy fold cards. I only need the one for Mom and would love to bless someone with the other. To enter to win, leave a comment on this post. I’ll put all the names on my prize wheel and will announce a winner on my next post. Good luck everyone. Ok, back to the card, I know you are all dying to know how to make it,
One of my lovely team members, Lisa Lepine, recently created a Christmas card with the 3-point fancy fold. As soon as I saw it, I knew I would adapt the fold for Mom’s birthday card. Thanks for the inspiration Lisa. Because Mom likes to display her cards for a few days, this fold is perfect.
Mom also loves nature, flowers and wildlife. Because I incorporated a little yellow in the card, she will know it came from my heart to hers.
You could add as much or as little to this card to make it your own. You guys know I love to step things up a notch. And of course I had to make it extra special for her birthday.
Ready to learn how to create this one? I promise it’s an easy fold. Break out some pretty paper and create one with me.
Here’s how the magic happens.
- Card Base – Highland Heather CS – 6″ x 12″, scored @ 6″. To create the angle cuts, place a tick mark at the bottom of the card base @ 3″. Cut from the tick mark to the fold on both sides.
- Front Mats – Hand Penned DSP – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Place a tick mark at the bottom the DSP @ 2 3/4″, cut from the top edge to the tick on both ends.
- Inside Mats – Hand Penned DSP – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Place a tick mark at the bottom the DSP @ 2 3/4″, cut from the top edge to the tick on both ends.
- Inside Sentiment Mat – Basic White CS – 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″
- Focal Image – Basic White CS – 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the dies from the Encircled in Beauty die set
- Leaves – Pool Party CS – 3″ x 4 1/4″, cut with the die from the Forever Flourishing die set
- Flower – Pale Papaya CS – 1 3/4″ x 5 3/4″, punch 3 images with the Flowers & Leaves punch. Basic White CS – Scrap – punch two images with the Strawberry Builder punch.
- Butterflies – Daffodil Delight CS – 2″ x 4″, cut 3 small butterflies with the die from the Brilliant Wings die set
- Scallop Trim – Basic White CS – two @ 3/4″ x 6″, cut with the die from the Penned Flowers die set
- Simply Elegant Trim – Silver – three @ 1 1/2″ each
- Genial Gems – 9 small in Pale Papaya and three small in Mint Macaron
- Playing with Patterns Resin Dots – 1 large in Daffodil Delight
3-Point Fancy Fold Product List
Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time, Create Something Beautiful!